PDA

View Full Version : Crave Feedback

Verno
5th February 2011, 08:53 PM
Ok, so it's eBay but without the fees.

My question is: Do you have to post Internationally? I haven't found anything that says you do but nothing that says you don't. The listing process seems very basic with options such as 'International Postage'.

So I'll bide my time and watch as its tweaked and improved over the coming months.

griffin
5th February 2011, 09:04 PM
A link for us to have a look?

Verno
5th February 2011, 09:06 PM
Ah, sorry.

Crave (http://www.crave.com/marketplace/transformers#/transformers/)

Saw it posted on Tformers.com this morning.

UltraMagnus
5th February 2011, 09:13 PM
Good domain name and idea, but unsure how it makes a sustainable income or is it hoping to be bought from eBay or something.

KillinSpoon
5th February 2011, 09:52 PM
It's actually owned by Seibertron.com, it's essentially a trading post.

Pretty much everything on there is overpriced or junkers.

Zippo
6th February 2011, 07:52 AM
No international postage sadly

Verno
6th February 2011, 08:58 AM
No international postage sadly

Damn. Good idea though. Maybe some hotshot could make an Aussie one.

UltraMagnus
16th February 2011, 09:12 PM
An aussie one would be good, or get Crave to go global.
However if they are purely transformers then it would be a waste of a good domain name and concept.
Someone will do this and a better job.

jaydisc
16th February 2011, 09:57 PM
It's not owned by Seibertron. They're simply an advertiser at Seibertron. It's an independent venture.

International shipping is NOT supported at this time. When you go to sell an item (assuming you're in the USA), Crave's site generates the postage cost and it is included into the price. Their postage calculator is not capable of international postage yet. I've pointed out to them that the lack of this should be made a bit clearer, i.e. in the FAQ or somewhere similar.

UltraMarginal
16th February 2011, 10:41 PM
This forum has been most successful in trading my money for transformers in the last few months:D, I personally have no need of another website that can do the same.

griffin
2nd March 2011, 02:23 AM
(moved dormant topic here to archive it)

Verno
3rd September 2011, 03:16 PM
From where this place (Crave) came I know not, but the place worries me.

Namely because I'm outside of the US and can't use it...

But secondly becasue of their tagline "A Social Marketplace for Fans, by Fans".

I've got an account and have gone through and totalled up my collection using their system, but the amount of errors in their lists is disturbing, especially as it is, as they say "by Fans".

I've only looked through the Beast Era lists, but blatant errors with figures in the wrong list, or duplicated, or the wrong picture, yet no where is there any avenue for me to correct it.

Convobat comes in under the Hasbro list? And he's even pictured in the Japanese box? Pft. Come on, where are these fan-owners to fix all these silly little mistakes?!

Pft. Americans.

griffin
3rd September 2011, 03:24 PM
It's probably still a work in progress, or like a wiki, in that it is only as accurate as the volunteers working on it. I think the emphasis is on it being a sale site, rather than an info site. And since it is done by fans, it wouldn't be as reliable as an official site done by Hasbro or Takara.

For anyone else wondering, the previous discussion about the limitations of Crave to non-Americas can be found here. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10020)