PDA

View Full Version : First wave TF: PRIME toy pics

KaRNiV8L PRiME
8th February 2011, 09:45 AM
Enjoy, Some have been posted so I put them all together in one thread

Source (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-deluxe-bumblebee-toy-revealed-171426/)

New source (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48388)

Discuss

gantz
8th February 2011, 09:51 AM
They. Are. FANTASTIC!!!!

No really :D Do you know the release date?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
8th February 2011, 09:56 AM
Atleast the fear of these being remolded Bayverse toys is over. NEW MOLDS. Bring on soundwave and OP

Sharky
8th February 2011, 10:05 AM
They. Are. FANTASTIC!!!!

No really :D Do you know the release date?

October 1, 2011

Hasbro told us they were not sure if there would be toys. Yet here we see images of the Arcee figure release to USA Today just now. Transformers: Prime will be airing a second season (TBA) as well as offering series toys coming out at retail stores on October 1, 2011. Check back this weekend when Tformers will be on hand at Toy Fair with all the Transformers news as it happens.

Source (http://tformers.com/transformers-first-looks-at-transformers-prime-arcee-action-figure/15088/news.html)

kup
8th February 2011, 10:15 AM
Atleast the fear of these being remolded Bayverse toys is over. NEW MOLDS. Bring on soundwave and OP

WoW! They didn't take the cheap way out when they could have!

This is excellent news for TF:Prime fans.

Tober
8th February 2011, 10:16 AM
I like what I'm seeing*. :D
Not sure what that thing is at the base of Arcee's bike mode is tho.

Odd that Bumblebee is much more butch looking than Starscream. Doubly odd that Arcee is much more butch looking than Starscream... :rolleyes:

(Toys, not cartoon)

Paulbot
8th February 2011, 10:27 AM
All the toys look good and I love that Bumblebee (much more than any Movie BBs so far). In fact these three toys, with their Animated like bodies, are of more interest to me than anything I've seen of DotM.

Sharky
8th February 2011, 10:31 AM
All the toys look good and I love that Bumblebee (much more than any Movie BBs so far). In fact these three toys, with their Animated like bodies, are of more interest to me than anything I've seen of DotM.

That is exactly how i feel. i have been somewhat bored by the DotM Figures, these are loads more exciting.

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2011, 10:59 AM
I like what I'm seeing. :) Bring it!

Sky Shadow
8th February 2011, 11:11 AM
Very pretty.

Robzy
8th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Very nice!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
8th February 2011, 12:13 PM
I am also more interested in these than DOTM

Sleeve
8th February 2011, 12:15 PM
Ain't It Cool (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48388) have posted pictures of a giftset including Optimus and Megatron, along with figurines of the kids (Raf, Niko and Jack).

kurdt_the_goat
8th February 2011, 12:18 PM
In toy form these designs really do look more like a continuation of Animated style than movie style! Very impressed!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
8th February 2011, 12:19 PM
Have added new pics to first post

Paulbot
8th February 2011, 12:50 PM
Can't believe we are already seeing figurines for the human kids!

Hursticon
8th February 2011, 01:00 PM
Bumblebee and Arcee look great as do the Kids, for static figures, but IMO the rest are a bit lacking. :o
Starscream looks to be of a smaller scale than BB and RC as do Megatron and Optimus!?! :confused: - Optimus' chest looks crap! :( and Megatron looks too simple in Alt mode but looks great in Bot mode. :confused:

I get the feeling these are going to be a bit 'hit and miss' really, but I'm definitely going to get BB, RC and the kids. ;):)
(Here's hoping for larger scale figures of the Leaders down the track :cool:)

gantz
8th February 2011, 01:09 PM
Those 2, especially Prime, seem to be in a different scale to RC and Bumblebee.

Just the detail doesn't seem the same...

i_amtrunks
8th February 2011, 01:18 PM
I like the design and overall look of the figures (barring Prime, he just doesn't look right to me).

However the show has not grabbed me the way animated did, so for now the toys are all passes, if Megatron had a somewhat decent alt mode, he'd be a great figure with that beautiful robot mode, but Cybertronian Jets all end up looking like tripe.

The_Damned
8th February 2011, 02:12 PM
well i am excited about all the toys, cant wait to get them all!

Doubledealer
8th February 2011, 02:19 PM
Bah humbug! :p

Bartrim
8th February 2011, 02:21 PM
well i am excited about all the toys, cant wait to get them all!

Where are you going to put them?:p

Stompy
8th February 2011, 02:28 PM
WOW!

Arcee and Bumblebee looks excellent. Sadly Optimus dissapointed me.

Now to wait for Bulkhead pics.

Tober
8th February 2011, 02:34 PM
Surely that Optimus is a Legends or Scout size?

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th February 2011, 02:40 PM
Surely that Optimus is a Legends or Scout size?

My thoughts exactly. They all look nice, except for Prime and Megatron, which is let down by a 'WTF is that?!?!??" vehicle mode and tiny tiny cannon. Megs vehicle mode looks worse than Animated's Cybertron Mode Megatron.

Megatron better actually be silver and not crappy gray

SharkyMcShark
8th February 2011, 03:01 PM
Like Arcee and Bumblebee. Starscream looks poor, and Optimus Prime design is one I dislike to start with. When was the last time that Megatron got a new mold toy that wasn't massively lazy? Classics 1.0?

GoktimusPrime
8th February 2011, 05:09 PM
We don't know what price point these toys are yet, do we? Cos if Optimus Prime is a Scout or Deluxe it wouldn't be so bad -- not fantastic, but I'd accept it. If it's a Voyager or Leader then yeah, that's pretty blecch looking.

Interesting to finally see toys of the humans! I know some people can't stand them, but they're recurring characters in the story so I'd like to get figures of the humans. But they look more like unarticulated figurines (or as Kevin Smith would call them, Inaction Figures)... I'd much rather have proper articulated action figures, like Takara's Kicker or Gamede. *sigh* Oh well, I'm probably in the minority of people who wanna see HasTak devote resources to developing action figures of TF humans :p

Gutsman Heavy
8th February 2011, 05:32 PM
meh, not feeling it. Bee looks nice but since it's so very movie-esc I don't really feel like I need it. Arcee looks alright.

Can we see some G.I. Joe Renegade figs now?

Zippo
8th February 2011, 05:51 PM
Wow!
I told myself that I wasn't going to be pulled in my Prime toys if they ever made it to release, prefering to stick with Classics/United/Generations/Reveal the Shield type toys .. but damn these are looking nice.

Sigh

loophole
8th February 2011, 05:55 PM
dont like Optimus looks pretty crap IMO, Megatron looks the best all the rest look okay but thats about it

Lord_Zed
8th February 2011, 06:19 PM
They look quite decent in these promo shots that's for sure.

Not really digging the Animovieated style though, nor have I managed to watch past ep one of Prime, soo not so excited personaly, but they seem ok.

Tallestblue
8th February 2011, 08:10 PM
oooh, neat! But are they all Deluxes? Not sure if I like that.

Bring on Soundwave, Ratchet and Bulkhead!

Firestorm
8th February 2011, 08:16 PM
Bumblebee, Arcee and Starscream look great, particularly Bumblebee, they look to be close to animated style in toy design but a little more realistic
Optimus and Megatron must be smaller size figures since their designs look less impressive, hopefully we'll get really cool voyager versions of them

Cant wait to get these, now bring on Bulkhead, Eradicon and Soundwave :D

adds
8th February 2011, 08:36 PM
+1 for Arcee, love the bot mode :)

Vector Prime
8th February 2011, 09:59 PM
Easy pass on the whole lot for me... not a fan of the hybrid Movie/Animated designs.

Quickstrike
8th February 2011, 10:31 PM
I'll be buying the Hell out of Arcee.

SharkyMcShark
9th February 2011, 01:22 AM
Bee is one I like (he's mistransformed there - the headlight panels slide across the cover the chest insignia and the door wings rotate up to form a V).

sanbot
11th February 2011, 03:31 PM
Megs alt looks a lot like the movie alt. Not too impressed. Robot mode is nice and slick.

Wonder what they'll look like without gloss?

They look like a blend of animated and movie.

5FDP
11th February 2011, 10:56 PM
Wonder what they'll look like without gloss?

Think 'Hasbro Grey' TM

autobreadticon
13th February 2011, 02:47 PM
Really liking the Arcee toy, could be used as a classicverse Chromia toy maybe

jaydisc
13th February 2011, 09:47 PM
Regarding size, personally I think these are all deluxes. It seems to be quite a prevalent theme at Toy Fair that every size class has been shrunk a bit due to rising costs (sigh). With Prime & Megs, they seem to be coming in a 2-pack with the humans, so I'm hoping we'll get some other versions, hopefully in voyager.

If I get nothing else, PLEASE let me have a voyager Bulkhead.

Hursticon
13th February 2011, 10:04 PM
Regarding size, personally I think these are all deluxes. It seems to be quite a prevalent theme at Toy Fair that every size class has been shrunk a bit due to rising costs (sigh). With Prime & Megs, they seem to be coming in a 2-pack with the humans, so I'm hoping we'll get some other versions, hopefully in voyager.

I too am hoping we get some larger figures down the track because it would seem that the Deluxe size class works really well for both Arcee and Bumblebee but it just doesn't really do it for the rest of the cast, hopefully the Humans will get some poseable figures down the track too. :)

Bulkhead has to be at least a Voyager IMO, they'll probably do a Deluxe but I would prefer a Voyager also. ;)

Lord_Zed
13th February 2011, 11:49 PM
Really liking the Arcee toy, could be used as a classicverse Chromia toy maybe

That's not a bad idea, so long as some third party makes her a proper face.

1orion2many
14th February 2011, 12:23 AM
Sorry they remind me of animated and even though I collected the animated line it never really thrilled me. The only figure I looked forward to in animated was Omega and he was canned:(

Sleeve
14th February 2011, 10:29 AM

Please please please please please please. Wasn't a fan of TFA Bulkhead, but Prime Bulkhead is a whole different story.

Fonecrusher
14th February 2011, 01:41 PM
They look pretty good I especially like Megs and SS. But most of the guys I want will probably be in the 2nd wave, the likes of Soundwave, Skyquake, Ratchet and (hopefully) Cliffjumper!

Hursticon
14th February 2011, 03:17 PM
They look pretty good I especially like Megs and SS. But most of the guys I want will probably be in the 2nd wave, the likes of Soundwave, Skyquake, Ratchet and (hopefully) Cliffjumper!

I'll second you on Soundwave and Skyquake, Fonecrusher. ;):D

Paulbot
15th February 2011, 11:53 AM
Info from Greg Lombardo, Senior Director of Global Marketing for the Transformers brand at Hasbro
Originally, the Prime toys were going to be fit into the Generations line. Now they are getting their own 4th quarter 2011 line. What we have seen so far is a pre-cursor wave, kind of to avoid the whole Animated show/toy debacle. We will get a new Prime and Megatron in larger sizes. Starscream will not necessarily get a larger toy.
Source: Seiberton (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2011-aftermath-hasbro-mp-rodimus-the-end-of-pcc-and-much-more/20817/)

Hursticon
15th February 2011, 01:10 PM
Source: Seiberton (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/toy-fair-2011-aftermath-hasbro-mp-rodimus-the-end-of-pcc-and-much-more/20817/)

I was literally about to post that same info! :p:D
There is going to be some disappointed people about Arcee though huh? :o

GoktimusPrime
15th February 2011, 03:35 PM
Larger Prime and Megatron toys doesn't necessarily mean they'll be better than the smaller ones... Hasbro has a habit of making large underwhelming toys packed with electronic gimmicks to justify their hefty price points (e.g.: TF movie and ROTF Leader Megatrons, Combiner Class Failastator etc.).

Mr Ed
15th February 2011, 10:54 PM
Bumblebee still looks like a Camaro! Maybe there is some GM money!!

GoktimusPrime
16th February 2011, 02:06 PM
Depends. If it looks really similar but isn't actually based on an existing car, then they don't have to pay licensing. For example, Universe/Henkei Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and Red Alert transform into cars that bear a strong resemblance to the Lamborghini Gallardo, but they're not actually entirely accurate, so it wouldn't have bore any licensing costs. Alternators/Binaltech, Alternity etc. on the other hand are all based on licensed vehicles and thus HasTak would have had to pay for them.

Eazy D
27th February 2011, 09:33 AM
That optimus toy looks so crap in bot mode. Arcee really takes my fancy. BB looks ok and to be honest i quite like Megs - Bot mode is good and for once they seem to have pulled off the alien spacejet thing quite well. I'd liek to see what the larger size-class op and megs will look like.

kristofferrer
23rd July 2011, 06:45 AM
here are pics for scheduled releases for the transformers Prime Toys (includes Knockout, Soundwave, skyquake Wheeljack, cliffjumper, vehicon).

I'm curious to know if Prime was released in Japan. If so, i take it Takara will be releasing their versions of the toy.

I'm tempted to start the collection.

jaydisc
24th July 2011, 07:46 PM

Giddy up

griffin
3rd August 2011, 09:20 PM
A gallery of Deluxe Starscream (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-images-of-transformers-prime-deluxe-class-starscream/22491/), from the first wave (due later this year).

(changed title so that later waves get their own news topic, so that we don't have news posts lost within a lengthy discussion topic that could go on for a couple years if it was all in this one)