PDA

View Full Version : Moaaaar transforming toy suggestions pls!

kurdt_the_goat
9th February 2011, 07:43 PM
Apart from Transformers Masterpiece and Macross, are there any other high-end transforming toys people would recommend?

I know of Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line, but since i'm not familiar with the characters, i'm not sure which (if any) of them have transformations/designs that are on par with the others - in terms of engineering, articulation, material/build quality, complexity and accurateness of modes etc

This year's looking pretty light on my wallet so far - not being impressed by TF3 toys to date - so I was thinking "What else is out there?".

Post any suggestions with impressions, pics or links to video reviews etc!

primetime
9th February 2011, 09:25 PM
Kurdt, if you are looking for complexity and accurateness I suggest you look up the Fewture line - not sure if you know of Getter Robo / Mazingers tho

Dkaris
10th February 2011, 09:23 PM
theres the final fantasy XIII odin and shiva twins but i dunno if youd really count them considering its not a line dedicated to transforming figures...

Tallestblue
10th February 2011, 11:58 PM
Who makes the Gao Gai Gar deluxe toy? Get that. That thing looks AMAZING.

Tober
15th February 2011, 01:06 PM
If you liked Robotech you could take a look at the Toynami Cyclones. I think after the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 it's my favourite high-end toy. The Japanese 'Beagle Mospeada' release have better face sculpts (imho) but tend to be much harder to find at a decent price, the Toynami version was retailing for <$100 a few months ago on eBay.

Otherwise maybe the Aquarion by Bandai, it took out 'Toy of the Year' a few years back (and costs a packet).