PDA

View Full Version : Exodus 2 (book) is coming

griffin
11th February 2011, 01:11 PM
For those who read and liked the Exodus book, a second one is currently being written (http://www2.unicron.com/2011/2011-interviews/308-unicroncom-interview-with-transformers-exodus-author-alex-irvine.html), picking up where the first left off.

From the author, Alex Irvine:

“I don't want to say too much about it yet, but it does pick up where Exodus left off. And readers of this book will learn some stuff about the 13, but the book stays focused on OP and Megatron(mostly)I have an idea for a book about the 13. Maybe someday...”

Bartrim
11th February 2011, 01:35 PM
Yay. The first book got me through our 12 hour blackout we had a few months back

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th February 2011, 03:35 PM
Hmmm, I didn't really enjoy the first exodus book all that much. Wasn't bad, but wasn't great. A bit of info on the 13 though... Hmm dunno, gonna have to think about this one...

Seraphim Prime
12th February 2011, 02:48 AM
I have an idea for a book about the 13. Maybe someday...

I thought Hasbro was the one with ideas fior the 13, and Irvine was simply their contracted writer...

griffin
12th February 2011, 10:42 PM
Hasbro may have created the characters and their profiles or rough concept for their existence, but it would be up to a writer to create a story from it. Kinda like the origin of Megatron - Hasbro may have said he was a gladiator or something, but it took an IDW writer to actually think up and create the Origins story we got.

I get the feeling it's the same with this WFC universe - Hasbro told the writer what they wanted to have happen (the exodus from cybertron) and who to include, and the writer created the story. I looked to see if there were additional credits in the Exodus book suggesting someone at Hasbro created the story for him to write, but couldn't find any.