PDA

View Full Version : 3D TFs cine-masks

griffin
11th February 2011, 01:45 PM
If you're planning on seeing TF3 in 3D, why wear the standard cinema-issued 3D glasses, when you can watch it as Bumblebee or Optimus (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/see-tf3-in-3d-as-bumblebee-or-optimus-prime-with-cinemasks/20771/)?

Yes, one of the merchandise items being shown off in America, and maybe coming here too, are Bumblebee and Optimus masks that have the 3D lenses in them, but also leaves the mouth area uncovered so you can still eat your movie snacks at the same time.

It is probably also to be used for home 3D theatre systems as well, as more movies are released on disc in 3D.

Gutsman Heavy
11th February 2011, 04:43 PM
won't be compatible with 3D TV since TVs use "shutter" glasses and not cinema ones.

Prime_217
11th February 2011, 04:49 PM
I MUST HAVE THESE!!!!!!:cool:

griffin
12th February 2011, 01:39 AM
won't be compatible with 3D TV since TVs use "shutter" glasses and not cinema ones.

Different glasses/3D vision for TV? I thought they would be the same. I've seen 3D TVs on display, and the image and glasses looked the same. But I've also seen the 3D channel (for State of Origin) that had the 2 separate images side by side... or could have just been how my 'regular' TV translated the signal.

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th February 2011, 02:42 AM
Its a complex process depending on the setup. Some cinemas use the old 'shutter option' (usually the ones without the disposable glasses). However I think they run with a link to the screen somehow that dictates the speed of the shutter, so it could be different to a home 3d tv, and the glasses wouldn't sync with the picture.

Anyway, if you can take these home, they won't be that sort anyway and so they won't work on your home 3d TV.

GoktimusPrime
3rd March 2011, 03:19 PM
Anyway, if you can take these home, they won't be that sort anyway and so they won't work on your home 3d TV.
I'd still keep them for the novelty as a souvenir. And I'd bring them with me in future to watch other 3D movies in the cinema! :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd March 2011, 07:41 PM
I'd still keep them for the novelty as a souvenir. And I'd bring them with me in future to watch other 3D movies in the cinema! :D

Ha ha! Yeh, I'd be tempted to do to the same...:rolleyes:

bruticus
4th March 2011, 12:04 AM
the ad says that you can buy them and choose to remove the lenses afterwards (so one would assume you can take them home)

the ad also says they will be RealD 3D glasses (which uses circular polarisation)
the ones for your 3D tv's use liquid crystal shutter lenses with a power pack and is controlled by infrared/bluetooth/radiofrequency etc...

only imax 3d uses shutter technology (more expensive glasses) which is why they ask for it back at the end of the movie, but there's no guarantee the imax glass' shutter frequency will match with your 3D tv/player signal.

is that correct Tets?

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th March 2011, 01:50 AM
Yep that sounds about right.

RealD 3-d uses a more reflective screen which allows the use of disposable glasses. If you have the shuttered glasses, which are usually bulkier and need to be handed in after the film, it just uses a normal cinema screen.

Cinema screens are expensive!!