PDA

View Full Version : M.A.S.K. toys from Kenner

C.J.
13th February 2011, 10:10 AM
Anyone collects these toys from the 80s cartoon?

Excellent concept on the vehicles and mask but I don't see many of them around.

Would love to hear from collectors what what you have in your collection.

Thanks.

C.J.

Hursticon
13th February 2011, 01:05 PM
I don't myself, but I am very sure there are a couple of people here that do - I love that Theme Song though, so epic! :D

VERT
13th February 2011, 09:06 PM
I have a decent size collection. I have the following

Rhino
Thunderhawk
Gator
Condor
Switchblade
Jackhammer
Piranha

Volcano
Slingshot
Hurricane
Firefly
Vampire

Goliath
Razorback
Buzzard

All the episodes on DVD

Think thats all I have more figures than vehicles too for some reason including T-Bob

C.J.
13th February 2011, 09:29 PM
I don't myself, but I am very sure there are a couple of people here that do - I love that Theme Song though, so epic! :D

The Theme Song kinda sticks in your head after you listen to it, doesn't it...

C.J.

C.J.
13th February 2011, 09:34 PM
I have a decent size collection. I have the following

Rhino
Thunderhawk
Gator
Condor
Switchblade
Jackhammer
Piranha

Volcano
Slingshot
Hurricane
Firefly
Vampire

Goliath
Razorback
Buzzard

All the episodes on DVD

Think thats all I have more figures than vehicles too for some reason including T-Bob

That's a nice collection, VERT. Had them from the 80's or collected over the years?

Any chance of posting pics of them?

C.J.

VERT
14th February 2011, 07:51 AM
Most are when I was a kid. Would love to take pics. But they are in storage due to space issues. But next time I dig them out sure :D

Tober
14th February 2011, 07:56 AM
The Theme Song kinda sticks in your head after you listen to it, doesn't it...

C.J.

Did you know it has a second verse (http://www.shukilevy.com/Shuki_Levy_Online/MASK_Theme.html)?

Between myself and my brother we had most of the M.A.S.K. toys. I think they got more play time than Transformers too, not sure.

liegeprime
14th February 2011, 08:24 AM
Did you know it has a second verse (http://www.shukilevy.com/Shuki_Levy_Online/MASK_Theme.html)?

Between myself and my brother we had most of the M.A.S.K. toys. I think they got more play time than Transformers too, not sure.

and where are they now Tober?

Tober
14th February 2011, 08:38 AM
and where are they now Tober?

In various states of play-wear in a huge cardboard box in Perth. We didn't have any of the really rare ones like Wolfbeast or Skybolt tho.

I have re-aquired Thunderhawk, Switchblade and Condor as they were my faves. :cool:

tjparkside
18th February 2011, 01:03 AM
these are great toys,nice ideas,cool story,awesome vehicles and figures!(might be because of transforming nature of toys?!)
i still have mine from childhood;
thunderhawk
meteor
jackhammer
iguana
condor
buzzard
and some parts,pamphlets,instructions & mini comics

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd February 2011, 09:34 PM
I loved Mask as a kid. I had Matt Tracker and whatever his car was called. I really wanted a T-bob toy for some reason...:p

I always thought the Rhino Rig would've been more than awesome!

I still have a MASK novel "the Deathstone."

Now that I think about it, I saw a mock game somewhere in a book and it had a mix of cartoon characters, and one of them was the leader of Venom. Man I know it was recent and I think I should still have it, but darned if I can remember what it was... Grr, it's gonna bug me all night now. I will ahve to get home and tear the place apart until I find it no less. Not good when you finish work at midnight... :P

Lint
22nd February 2011, 09:44 PM
Come to think of it M.A.S.K would be one of those cartoons that would work quite well as a live-action film!

If movie studios are out to rape our wallets and childhoods they may as well be comprehensive :p

I had a few M.A.SK toys back in the day. They weren't the most durable of toys. I kind of broke them all.

Omega Supreme
23rd February 2011, 06:17 AM
I didn't have many as a kid, just the Thunderhawk & a couple of figs, had a huge DinoRiders collection though, combined they were fun to play with. It wasn't until I got much older that I aqquired some of the other vehicles I had wanted. If memory serves me right I picked up a Condor from OTCA's Fatbot, awesome little vehicle. The rest have just come from swapmeet's & toyfairs.

I have a Volcano which is probably my personal fav, I think it has to do with the tires. The one vehicle I would like but have never had the pleasure of owning is the SwitchBlade, even just thinking of it now has prompted a quick scan of Ebay.

uteiki
23rd February 2011, 07:27 AM
loved M.a.s.k toys growing up and the cartoon too! i still have all of my toys in a box somewhere in the garage!

my first i got was Raven and i think i got 2 of it as i broke the 1st one as a kid...

and my favorite gotta be Rhino... loved that truck and the best part is it now looks like Optimus Prime from the movie...

Oldschool78
23rd February 2011, 08:11 AM
I had almost all of them, but decided to sell up early this year. What ive got left is listed on trademe.

Let me know if anyones intrested

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=356896941&ed=true

C.J.
24th February 2011, 12:19 PM
It seems that M.A.S.K. doesn't command the attention it deserves anymore and most people from that era loved the cartoon but has now forgotten about them.

Rumors of a M.A.S.K. movie in the making may initiate a revival of these excellent toys.

Great to know there are still widely available in the hands of collectors.

:)

C.J.

Lint
24th February 2011, 01:42 PM
Rumors of a M.A.S.K. movie in the making may initiate a revival of these excellent toys.

I'd love to see these revived with modern engineering!