PDA

View Full Version : DOTM Ultimate Optimus

blackoptimus
13th February 2011, 03:00 PM
OMG This looks sweet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76cbbiWI8sA&feature=feedu

kurdt_the_goat
13th February 2011, 03:03 PM
At 22 inches tall, he'll be giving Fort Max a run for his money at least!

Hursticon
13th February 2011, 03:08 PM
So wait, what size scale is this then? - Voyager or Leader? :confused:

griffin
13th February 2011, 03:24 PM
Ultimate, like Bumblebee.

fatbot
13th February 2011, 03:25 PM
So wait, what size scale is this then? - Voyager or Leader? :confused:

It'll be the same size as the Ultimate Bumblebee, and most likely the same damn price.

blackoptimus
13th February 2011, 04:31 PM
It'll be the same size as the Ultimate Bumblebee, and most likely the same damn price.

Size is a thumbs up!!!!! but not the price :( It's probs $150-$200 range.

chuttla
13th February 2011, 04:38 PM
i wonder what trailer mode looks like?

fatbot
13th February 2011, 05:01 PM
i wonder what trailer mode looks like?

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1297570417_DSC04908.jpg
http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1297570417_DSC04910.jpg

this is the better version, the other pics make it look like a butterfly on his back

Hursticon
13th February 2011, 06:03 PM
Ultimate, like Bumblebee.

Ah ok, cheers guys. :D

Is that size classing encompassing the Prime Mover and the Trailer combined though? :confused:
I suppose to clarify my question, is the Prime Mover (Optimus) going to be equal to, bigger than or less than that of the size of ROTF Leader Class Prime? :o

I only ask because this figure looks freaking amazing and if it is at least equal to the size of ROTF Prime, then I may consider trading up for this beauty! :D

Tallestblue
13th February 2011, 06:23 PM
Wow. Just..wow. the Earlier pics did not do this guy justice.

Bumbleb33
13th February 2011, 07:55 PM
this is looking mighty tidy loving the gauntlets and shin guards :D

chuttla
13th February 2011, 08:38 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1297570417_DSC04908.jpg
http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1297570417_DSC04910.jpg

this is the better version, the other pics make it look like a butterfly on his back

looking at the side of the box in the video, i think i miss interpreted "trailer mode" , thought the trailer might turn into a repair bay or some thing as well:confused:

blackoptimus
13th February 2011, 09:39 PM
The heads to small and the arms are too big. Ohhh BTW guys the trailer transformers in to omega something which is an individual transformers, just like god ginrai and god bomber.

fatbot
13th February 2011, 09:57 PM
The heads to small and the arms are too big. Ohhh BTW guys the trailer transformers in to omega something which is an individual transformers, just like god ginrai and god bomber.

Damn, didn't notice that, 48 secs in to the video, the cameraman pans across the box, you get a quick glimpse of the corner, then a longer look from 57 secs into the video.

Also on the packaging, It states that the trailer transforms into the Omega combat Armour, Which Optimus Prime then combines with to form Ultimate Optimus Prime

griffin
13th February 2011, 10:50 PM
Interesting feature. Probably not an intentional homage to the JP pair, but a nice coincidence. I think it's great just having Bay allowing 'his' Optimus to have a Gen1 Trailer. (Hasbro have said they can only get Bay to use character names and some classic visual characteristics (like Optimus as a truck)). If the trailer plays a significant part in the movie, it's appearance would have been all Bay's call.

Nice pickup on the packaging picture. Pity we didn't get a closer look at that side panel.

Autocon
14th February 2011, 03:40 AM
remember: all those mechtech weapons attach to the trailer. Wonder if it will be back heavy

i_amtrunks
14th February 2011, 09:20 AM
Hopefully it's a better toy than the Armada/Micron Legend Prime.

Alt mode looks very nice, like a normal semi trailer vehicle, rather than a truck with semi visible arms and legs underneath/behind.

gantz
14th February 2011, 11:46 AM
Are we sure its going to be the same size as Ultimate BB? Just on his packaging his level is on '4' and the new prime is only on '3'?

As Ultimate as he may be, just does not look the same scale as Ultimate BB...

And also on this pic, to the left is Leader Iron Hide, which looks quite similar in size to prime...

http://cdn.superherohype.com/assets/components/com_joomgallery/img_pictures/Toy_Fair_4485/toy_fair_2011_7441/transformers_7459/transformers_20110212_1229906490.jpg

fatbot
14th February 2011, 11:50 AM
Are we sure its going to be the same size as Ultimate BB? Just on his packaging his level is on '4' and the new prime is only on '3'?

As Ultimate as he may be, just does not look the same scale as Ultimate BB...

At 22 Inches in height, he'll be about the same height as Ultimate BB, and the same price point.

The size difference is due to BB being bulkier the Prime. Prime has two components which combine, BB is one figure.

gantz
14th February 2011, 11:53 AM
Cool, thank you fatbot!!

just contemplating what I need to buy and save for in the coming months, this Prime will def be one :)

fatbot
14th February 2011, 11:56 AM
Cool, thank you fatbot!!

just contemplating what I need to buy and save for in the coming months, this Prime will def be one :)

There is also been reports that while a lot of the figures are the same size class and price point, most (if not all of them) are smaller then others from the same size class from previous lines.

Hursticon
14th February 2011, 12:06 PM
There is also been reports that while a lot of the figures are the same size class and price point, most (if not all of them) are smaller then others from the same size class from previous lines.

I've heard of this also, in that Voyager Ironhide is noticeably smaller than his ROTF counterpart. :eek:
Hence why I can't wait to see a size comparison of Ultimate Prime with ROTF Leader class Prime. ;):)

Stompy
14th February 2011, 02:07 PM
Hopefully it's a better toy than the Armada/Micron Legend Prime.

That was the very vibe I got the first time I saw this. These clearer pictures doesn't really convince me any further.

While the alt mode looks perfect with the trailer, the robot modes arms are just lazy. The combined mode is just a brick really with no articulation for the legs at all due to the "armor" and the arms will just swivel at the shoulder. It would be a nice display piece but it's quite ugly to be one. The head should have gotten a helmet or something to help offset its pinhead look. Sub $100au and I'm in. Altho the alt mode is certainly making it very tempting.