PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Sydney CBD

Fonecrusher
17th February 2011, 01:33 AM
Hey guys I'm going to be in the city tomorrow (for a gruelling 3 hour job interview:() and will probably have a couple hours to kill, so was wondering if some of you can recommend some decent shops to checkout? I'll probably hit up City Westfields but beyond that I don't really have a clue in regards to where to look. I figure if I'm in the city I might as well make the most of it and go for a bit of a bot hunt around town.

liegeprime
17th February 2011, 07:39 AM
Sydney doesnt have much in terms of TF figure hunting Im afraid. Comics wise theres Kings comics - Pitt St., Comic Kingdom. There's also Kinokuniya along George St. at TGV building 3rd floor but the TF figures(reissues) they sell are at an overinflated price. There's Myers in the city as well but only if your after newer stuff plus they don't stock too well.

Fonecrusher
17th February 2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the tips, I might check out the comic stores since I wouldn't mind getting a couple of things (the entire AHM series).

Sharky
17th February 2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the tips, I might check out the comic stores since I wouldn't mind getting a couple of things (the entire AHM series).

Check Kinokuniya for trades of AHM too (unless your looking for individual issues), they seem reasonably cheaper then kings comics... and they dont stick those security stickers on the trades like kings does.

Kinokuniya is located in the Galleries Victoria on the opposite side of george street compared to the QVB

Comic Kingdom is on Liverpool Street

GoktimusPrime
17th February 2011, 02:46 PM
If you intend on frequenting Kinokuniya a fair few times this year then it might be worth considering paying for annual membership which gets you a discount card.

*sigh* I remember the old days when Kinokuniya's membership was free and didn't need to be updated annually. That was back when they used to be on Young St Neutral Bay -- shortly after they moved to their current location they changed to their current system :(