PDA

View Full Version : Cricket World Cup 2011

Skullcruncher
17th February 2011, 03:08 PM
Anyone care? lol India is the team to beat for sure....

Hursticon
17th February 2011, 03:14 PM
If Australia plays anything like it did during the Ashes? - Then no. :p:D

UltraMarginal
17th February 2011, 04:03 PM
As much as I always support Australia, I'm much more into Baseball, still mourning Sydney BlueSox being knocked out of the Playoffs by Adelaide.:(

optimus1
17th February 2011, 04:40 PM
I can't wait for this World Cup! :D:cool:

Unfortunately this might be the last time we see the lesser Associate teams play on the big state: Ireland, Canada, Holland and Kenya :(

Hopefully the ICC wakes up to itself and allows the game to grow by allowing these teams in major tournaments instead of restricting them!

I'd like Australia to win, followed by South Africa or the West Indies. Hopefully Ireland puts up a good fight and makes it into the Super 8s again.

i_amtrunks
18th February 2011, 09:55 PM
Anyone care? lol India is the team to beat for sure....

Don't discount the Sri Lankans, and the Kiwi's always do better than they ever really should at World Cups.

England so far are looking shaky against Pakistan, 4/144 after 33 is not exactly stellar, but since they are playing on dead tracks that only benefit the locals, scores of 200-230 will be competitive for most of this world cup.

India, South Africa and Sri Lanka are the teams to beat, but I really hope the Indians fail early on, just to knock a few idiots in their squad (read: Sreesanth and Harbajan) off their high horses.