PDA

View Full Version : Fansproject G3 Trailer question re mirrored parts

Pipesqueak
21st February 2011, 11:05 PM
Hi All,

I just received a Fansproject G3 trailer from RobotKingdom. It was perfectly sealed and packaged so no problem there.

However, when I opened it there was no ''adhesive tape'' on the mirrored parts at all and the mirrors were heavily scratched.

When others received theirs were they like this or did they have the adhesive tape as advertised (and in the instructions) and unscratched mirrors underneath?

Also, once the tape is removed, do the mirrored parts just rub against each other anyway and scratch badly (ie would I be wasting my time getting a pristine one anyway, given that I am going to open and transform it?)

Thanks,
Tim

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd February 2011, 02:46 AM
Hmm, sounds odd. Mine had and still has adhesive tape on the mirrors.

Oilspill
22nd February 2011, 03:02 AM
Hi All,

I just received a Fansproject G3 trailer from RobotKingdom. It was perfectly sealed and packaged so no problem there.

However, when I opened it there was no ''adhesive tape'' on the mirrored parts at all and the mirrors were heavily scratched.

When others received theirs were they like this or did they have the adhesive tape as advertised (and in the instructions) and unscratched mirrors underneath?

Also, once the tape is removed, do the mirrored parts just rub against each other anyway and scratch badly (ie would I be wasting my time getting a pristine one anyway, given that I am going to open and transform it?)

Thanks,
Tim

No, buddy. Mine had a protective tape/sticker on it. I removed it and haven't noticed any scratching (fingerprints are a different story).

The scratches sound sucky, and if it bothers you enough it may be worth looking into a refund, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to go looking for another pristine one. The mirror thing was a very cool trick but it's not something that you'd necessarily use much.

I think I put it in mirror mode once when it originally came out and once again recently for a couple of minutes when I was moving my displays.

kup
22nd February 2011, 03:16 AM
Hi All,

Thanks,
Tim

Sounds as if you have received a returned item. My G3 trailer came with the protective tape on the mirrors which I still have on. I don't see how the mirrors can be scratched from transforming as they don't really 'rub' against any part when you move the panels unless you drop it or something.

liegeprime
22nd February 2011, 08:59 AM
That sucks. As like the others mine had the protective tape on all the mirrors and o it shouldnt rub and scratch even when removed. best to take pictures while youve just received the item and email a complaint to RK as kup said it might be a return item, and that is not a good thing since the item isnt in good condition anymore - they prolly didnt inspect the mirror feature. Hopefully they'd replace or if not at least partially refund you to compensate...hopefully.

Pipesqueak
22nd February 2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys for the help. Definitely going to query it with RK now.