PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Price Watch site

Sam
24th April 2008, 07:07 PM
Not sure if you guys know about the Economical Gamer, but it's a website that tries to show you the prices of games released in Australia and where to get them for cheap.

Thought since some of us play games it's handy to know:
http://www.ecogamer.com/index.php

iceburn
24th April 2008, 10:04 PM
thanks sam..this is great!

roller
25th April 2008, 09:28 AM
i may need this soon for Mafia 2

thanks sam my davis jr

kup
25th April 2008, 09:54 AM
I also get my games from over seas. The Australian prices are double and often triple the retail prices in over seas markets. Even with shipping it is cheaper.

llamatron
25th April 2008, 09:57 AM
When is Mafia 2 out?

Trailer Park Ninja
25th April 2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks Sam for this as it is pretty helpful. I usually scour Xboxworld or PALGN internet forums for threads for bargain games. This makes it less time consuming :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th April 2008, 06:20 PM
I've been importing as of late as well. Especially considering how one can get the games earlier too.

That sites run out of bandwidth...

Everyone's looking for cheap Mariokarts:D

roller
25th April 2008, 10:02 PM
When is Mafia 2 out?

nothing definite, but apparently its either late August, sometime in October or 2009.

They are also saying they want to release it at the same time as GTA 4

Are you a member of mafiascene? There are a few aussies there

i_amtrunks
28th April 2008, 09:06 AM
Thanking you for the link.

Cant believe that EB and Game can still be in business with their prices always $10 or more than most other stores.

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th April 2008, 04:20 PM
I believe that EB's money comes from the scare tactics they use towards parents and chumps. The scare tactics they whip out in the old "might run out of stock" etc etc etc. And the RIP OFF that is trading games in.

I go there to find out release dates and half the time they don't seem to know what they are talking about.

MV75
28th April 2008, 09:00 PM
EB are only good when they have their sales. You are a real sucker if you buy new release stuff from them. I always check out bigw/target/kmart first for prices. :)
________
DODGE SIDEWINDER SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Sidewinder)

Lord_Zed
1st May 2008, 09:46 PM
EB are only good when they have their sales. You are a real sucker if you buy new release stuff from them. I always check out bigw/target/kmart first for prices. :)

Yep got that right, I wish someone would discount the Medieval Total War 2 Expansion though, I want it but refuse to pay $60 for an expansion pack.

MV75
6th May 2008, 08:18 PM
I had a look in the new GAME store last week, and even though prices blew, I liked the one thing that I noticed, all of the PC games were still sealed. I like that. No chance of having KFC grease smeared all over the contents.
________
OREGON DISPENSARIES (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

Kyle
6th May 2008, 08:25 PM
I find myself going to JB Hi-Fi more and more for new games.