PDA

View Full Version : Movie spoilers about the Twins and Wheelie - are they in or out?

griffin
27th February 2011, 08:47 PM
After many months of Bay saying Megatron was not in TF2, we now have the same occurring with the Twins in TF3.

They've been seen on set, and there are toys (which doesn't mean they are in the movie though), but now Nelson (Bay's forum admin) is trying to prove it is true by saying a new 'entertaining' duo was brought in as a replacement to the Twins.

From Bay's website (http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?8570), TFW have condensed Nelson's information (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/nelson-says-two-buddy-characters-in-dotm-no-twins-171545/):

Regarding “The Twins”, Nelson said…

And for the final time the Twins are not in this movie period - end of story
Different characters
Being a toy doesn't guarantee a place in the movie. In fact, being filmed doesn't guarantee being in the final cut.
I never said those cars weren't filmed. I just said they're not in the final film. Period. Bay–who has final cut– has said it time and time again, so I don't expect for you to believe me.

Nelson also mentioned about 2 buddy characters, that will appear in the third movie

“Let's just say Wheelie has a buddy.
IIRC correctly, Wheelie's buddy is the Einstein-looking bot.
There are 2 new buddy characters in the film, One of them is Wheelie and the other is.... You can speculate all you want on their alt modes. Once upon a time the twins were in the script and they got cut. There are now 2 new buddy characters who's alt modes I will not reveal.

Demonac
27th February 2011, 08:59 PM
I really don't understand all the 'subterfuge' for these movies.
They aren't Hitchcock style thrillers. There is no need to hide plot details...hell the novelizations always seems to come out before the movies anyway.
And really...is anyone here watching for the 'story'?

Ode to a Grasshopper
28th February 2011, 02:28 AM
There's a story now?:p