PDA

View Full Version : United wave 4 may be the last (until after the movie)

griffin
27th February 2011, 09:27 PM
With the release of wave 3 in the last few days, wave 4 may be the last wave of United (at least until after the Movie), according to one site (http://snakas.blog95.fc2.com/blog-entry-1669.html) that was translated here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/transformers-united-ends-with-wave-4-171570/).

But we shouldn't jump to conclusions, because with the release of the Movie toys in Japan, United is just not being released at the same time - like our Generations line. So, after the movie season, it is likely United will resume, or the Classicverse toys will be released under another banner... because there are plenty more Generations/RtS/Classicverse moulds they haven't used yet.

Either way, it's bad news for fans not interested in Movie toys, because neither Hasbro or TT will be offering much alternatives during the movie season.

GoktimusPrime
27th February 2011, 10:22 PM
Not surprisingly HasTak are going to be pulling back on other TF lines to make way for Dark of the Moon (and avoid "cross competition" too). On the plus side it should give non-movie fans a financial rest. :)

Not good news for me movie-collectors like me though... *braces for spendage*

primatives
27th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Good! Means my wallet can take a breather! :) I don't like the movie look but there are exceptions overall g1 all the way or g1 looks like generations and united

Vector Prime
27th February 2011, 10:42 PM
Stupid movie! :mad:

I'm the same as primatives, prefer Classics-verse over movie-verse toys, but will probably end up buying DOTM toys only because there's nothing else to buy :o

SharkyMcShark
27th February 2011, 10:44 PM
Finally something for me to spend my money on.

This run of 'Classics' wasn't anywhere near as good as the last run either, WFC toys aside.

kup
27th February 2011, 11:38 PM
This run of 'Classics' wasn't anywhere near as good as the last run either, WFC toys aside.

I have to agree there. It wasn't terrible but there is something lacking in this last batch of figures.

gdmetro
27th February 2011, 11:46 PM
Besides cyberverse power glide, only a handful if that, of figs from the movie lines interest me. Sucks that the official classics stuff will be halted, especially the United line. Oh well, allows me to more comfortably get the 3rd party classics stuff that are priorities (tfc devastator!).:D

GoktimusPrime
28th February 2011, 12:16 AM
Sucks that the official classics stuff will be halted,
I don't think it will be indefinitely halted -- "Classics" might return under a different guise after the DotM hype dies down. After all we had Classics before the 2007 movie came out, then Classics got canned. Then we had Universe, then that got shelved around the time ROTF came out. Then we had Generations and RtS, so not surprisingly with DotM about to come out they're reeling back on these lines. But once DotM finishes Hasbro are gonna need to pump more product.

Doubledealer
28th February 2011, 12:53 AM
Fine with me, allows the wallet to recharge its batteries while I focus on other things.

I haven't been disappointed with any of the new G1/TFA updates, in fact I think they're all brilliant and will enjoy playing around with them & rearranging them on my shelves for many months to come! If you find toys like United Jazz, RTS Perceptor & United/RTS Lugnut disappointing all I can say is...Maybe it's time to give up collecting. :p

SharkyMcShark
28th February 2011, 01:01 AM
Fine with me, allows the wallet to recharge its batteries while I focus on other things.

I haven't been disappointed with any of the new G1/TFA updates, in fact I think they're all brilliant and will enjoy playing around with them & rearranging them on my shelves for many months to come! If you find toys like United Jazz, RTS Perceptor & United/RTS Lugnut disappointing all I can say is...Maybe it's time to give up collecting. :p

If that's the criteria then I'm putting my collection up for sale

Doubledealer
28th February 2011, 01:11 AM
If that's the criteria then I'm putting my collection up for sale

Sweet, can I put dibs on Henkei Legends Cliffjumper? ;)

SharkyMcShark
28th February 2011, 01:23 AM
Sweet, can I put dibs on Henkei Legends Cliffjumper? ;)

No but you can have all the peripheral Movie characters that most people don't care about. Swindle, Payload, Dreadwing, Dropkick :D

UltraMagnus
28th February 2011, 01:26 AM
This isnt what I have heard but having said that - i did hear that it will be delayed further.

There was mention of a brand new henkei line with all the characters again

GoktimusPrime
28th February 2011, 02:42 PM
Ya know, for those of you who aren't interested in collecting the movie line, you could take this time not only to financially 'recover' but also just to play with and enjoy the toys you already have! Being a TF fan isn't just about constantly getting new toys all the time IMHO. :)

Vector Prime
28th February 2011, 02:59 PM
you could take this time not only to financially 'recover' but also just to play with and enjoy the toys you already have! Being a TF fan isn't just about constantly getting new toys all the time IMHO. :)

Play? :confused:

As a TF fan, I see fit to be the curator of my own personal TF museum - I don't 'play' with them, I 'collect' them. :cool:

The mere thought of 'playing' with them and them developing loose joints or being subject to any wear and tear is a bizarre concept to me. :eek:

GoktimusPrime
28th February 2011, 05:05 PM
Well I play with them. I only happen to have a collection as a result of wanting to acquire more toys to play with (i.e. my collection is a by-product of my playing). :)

To me, the mere thought of spending money on toys and not playing with them is a bizarre concept (makes about as much sense as buying books and not reading them, or purchasing a car and not driving it etc.) -- there are people who buy books and cars purely to collect and not to read (my father recently bought a Lexus Soarer from a collector who'd virtually _never_ driven it in the 20 years that he'd owned it after importing it from Japan) ... but to me it's weird. If I'm gonna spend my money on something, then I wanna use it, and to me the end use of a toy is play. :)

A toy with signs of play is a well loved toy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi00N4Zfdlc&feature=fvst). (^_^)

JMHO. B)

But anyway, I'm just saying that you can just enjoy the toys you currently have during times where there may not be toys on shelves that you want to buy. One shouldn't feel that they're no longer a TF fan just because there's nothing currently to collect. Just enjoy the toys you have now, in whatever way that may be for you. :)

sideswipes brother
28th February 2011, 06:15 PM
I dont really mind them stopping for the release of DOTM as it gives me some wallet breathing space as i am really against all the DOTM toys i have seen thus far.
SB

5FDP
28th February 2011, 10:47 PM
I've been looking for a reason to retire from collecting; this is probably the best time to do it. I'm comfortable with what I have as I am by no means a completist nor do I feel the need to spend money on toys that hold no interest for me.

Play? :confused:

As a TF fan, I see fit to be the curator of my own personal TF museum - I don't 'play' with them, I 'collect' them. :cool:

The mere thought of 'playing' with them and them developing loose joints or being subject to any wear and tear is a bizarre concept to me. :eek:

Amen brother :D

gdmetro
28th February 2011, 11:00 PM
This isnt what I have heard but having said that - i did hear that it will be delayed further.

There was mention of a brand new henkei line with all the characters again

Im somewhat excited about this, so I want to clarify. I know these are questions that you may not be able to answer- but hopefully you can answer as much as possible...

When you say Henkei- is that a continuation of united 2.0 or Henkei 2.0 (merely a continuation of the original line) or a Takara "Classics" line in the vein of Henkei/United but totally separate?

All the characters- What does this mean? Given its obvious the unreleased moulds would be released in any new classics line- are all the united moulds re-released or all of the previous henkei-d classics/or/and united mould pool to release from (maybe/maybe not differing in style/deco)

Where did you hear this from?

And so after considering these various scenarios- Why would Takara release just united in the form we have and end it now?

UltraMagnus
2nd March 2011, 10:26 PM
Im somewhat excited about this, so I want to clarify. I know these are questions that you may not be able to answer- but hopefully you can answer as much as possible...

Let me answer as best as I can...

Where did you hear this from? To put it simply, the company I work for does work for Hasbro Takara, and I have built up a friendship with a few individuals from the marketing/sales team.

When you say Henkei- is that a continuation of united 2.0 or Henkei 2.0 (merely a continuation of the original line) or a Takara "Classics" line in the vein of Henkei/United but totally separate?
When I last spoke to them (about 4 weeks ago) there was no suggestion of United cancelling, nor any concern about the line. The sales have been very good for them. I asked about the line versus the brand. Admittadly, the brand united isnt anything special, its the toys that make up the brand.

All the characters- What does this mean?
Release new characters (warpath, wheeljack etc), re-release universe classics such as Ratchet, Smokescreen etc.
Release characters that have not been "henkei/japan" Released yet - cliffjumper, ultra magnus

Why would Takara release just united in the form we have and end it now?
They wouldn't as it costs alot of money to build a brand and then end it early.
Rumors are correct it will be on hold, Takara laid out all 22 figures to begin with in anticipation. What Hasbro and Takara didnt expect is the popularity of these items. I asked what was planned, and they have plans to at least 30 in the series.

gdmetro
26th March 2011, 03:07 AM
Got confirmation order from RK- United Wave 4 is shipped already!