PDA

View Full Version : Universe Classics Pics

STL
26th April 2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=174508

The combiner groups get legends sized version repaints which I really dig. (Hot Spot, Hungrr, Scattershot, Razorclaw, Silverbolt) Lovely idea for repaints. Much better than random stuff and they join Legends Motormasters very well!

A few Cybertron voyagers get fugly repaints...

Dropshot = Cybertron Scattershot. I love the original mold but those colours are fugly.
Heavy Load = we've seen before, Cybertron Quickmix
Blades = Cybertron Evac (duh) but a terrible paint job. I'm glad to be getting mine from Stencilator!
Acid Storm: kind of works. Seekers always seem to work though why not Sunstorm kinda bugs me

Pulse
26th April 2008, 12:59 AM
I knew this was gonna happen :rolleyes:. I blame this 1000% on a certain A. Archer.

Now don't get me wrong, some of those paint jobs don't look that bad (Acid Storm but not-so-much Dropshot) but honestly - I am just so sick of this sh#t! :mad: Friggin Repaints! It makes me wanna put my foot through my Monitor...

Damn You Archer! Damn You to Hell!!!

kup
26th April 2008, 01:18 AM
That 'jungle' seeker looks plain awful.

I don't dig this at all. I too blame Archer :mad:

Gutsman Heavy
26th April 2008, 02:37 AM
I'm happy, I missed out on cybertron so I'm glad that some molds like evac are getting a repaint.

lcz128
26th April 2008, 07:15 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=174508

The combiner groups get legends sized version repaints which I really dig. (Hot Spot, Hungrr, Scattershot, Razorclaw, Silverbolt) Lovely idea for repaints. Much better than random stuff and they join Legends Motormasters very well!

A few Cybertron voyagers get fugly repaints...

Dropshot = Cybertron Scattershot. I love the original mold but those colours are fugly.
Heavy Load = we've seen before, Cybertron Quickmix
Blades = Cybertron Evac (duh) but a terrible paint job. I'm glad to be getting mine from Stencilator!
Acid Storm: kind of works. Seekers always seem to work though why not Sunstorm kinda bugs me

Aww man- for a sec I thought you meant that there was a legends class combiner set- That would be cool. This, not so. >_> XD

OOH!
Also- thoughts/comments on Galvatron (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/events/Botcon-2008/Friday-Dealer-Room/botcon-2008-0072.jpg.html)? :D

NEMESIS PRIME
26th April 2008, 08:08 AM
The only one i like is Dropshot

dirge
26th April 2008, 09:36 AM
To be fair, at least many of the repaints have some sort of focus. Few of them really appeal to me (maybe Blades), but it's nice to see them being based on old G1 characters. And not the same six that are constantly revisited, as well.

autobreadticon
26th April 2008, 09:42 AM
extremely annouyed at the new classics repaints

this was certaintly a line in perserving the good ole times and now they bring in this crap to take advantage of the good name of classics

if they were gonna use cybertron repaints

GIVE ME A DAM SEASPRAY USING THE SHOUTROUND MOLD

geez come on hasbro...

STL
26th April 2008, 09:42 AM
One thing that kind of bugs me is w/ the Legends and some of those Voyagers, they aren't realistic Earth modes. That's what Hasbro are supposedly aiming for. I hardly count the Evac or Quickmix mold as that. Nor the Blaster from Soundwave.

It just riles me that there is such inconsistency.

Anyway, what I'd love to see is a repaint of Energon/Cybertron Scorponok into G1 Scorponok. That would be love.

Aww man- for a sec I thought you meant that there was a legends class combiner set- That would be cool. This, not so. >_> XD

OOH!
Also- thoughts/comments on Galvatron (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/events/Botcon-2008/Friday-Dealer-Room/botcon-2008-0072.jpg.html)? :D

That Galvatron's been seen before. And I'm still pretty disappointed by it. It shouldn't been larger. At least a Voyager and if nto that, an Ultra. Scale rating for that toy will be woeful.

SilverDragon
26th April 2008, 10:08 AM
I might just get Acid Storm.

i_amtrunks
26th April 2008, 10:27 AM
Heavy Duty looks much better in those pics than he did previously.

I like Blades, but then again the Evac mold is possibly one of the best figures ever released, and Im a little biased towards it.

Legends 5 pack is decent, id prefer more original moulds though, but nice to see some different characters getting some attention for a change.

STL
26th April 2008, 10:36 AM
I just realised Dropshot is a horrible homage. I was originally thinking of Flak from the Micromasters as the Scattershot repaint. But Dropshot is blue with red. What the hell is with the green? Talk about fudging it up... a horrible colour scheme which was only tolerable b/c of it's G1 name initially is now a total joke for me.

I'll likely pick it up for a custom down the line but that'd be about it. That's a real downer cos I love the mold.

MV75
26th April 2008, 10:52 AM
Acidstorm will get.
Razorclaw will get if made individually.

The rest are just "g2" cybertron and will not get. :D

Also, even though they were the biggest pieces of carp available, at least the first classics run had new legends moulds. Not seeing any new ones here yet. :(
________
Montana medical marijuana dispensary (http://montana.dispensaries.org/)

Pulse
26th April 2008, 11:00 AM
OOH!

Bot mode looks pretty good! :)

Alt mode is lacking something... Purple? Hold on, shouldn't Galvatron be a cannon? :rolleyes:
Don't tell me a certain turd believes someone could take Cannon-Alt Mode Galvatron & use him to rob a 7-11? :confused:

Thanatos
26th April 2008, 11:41 AM
Acid Storm feels forced/pointless. Whatever.

Blades is a great idea, but terrible paintjob from what I'm seeing.

I like Dropshot. Feels very "Snow Camo". I might just pick him up, despite owning CD Scattorshot.

Heavy Load looks nice, but I have Quickmix already. Good attempt though.

I don't like the fact that all the combiner leaders are now legends, but the homage's are pretty nice tbh. Good attempt also.

roller
26th April 2008, 11:42 AM
acid storm looks ok

is he meant to be a g2 jet? cause he aint as fluorescent as a rainmaker

rest are stupid, but thats wat u get when trying to appeal to the general public

Gutsman Heavy
26th April 2008, 12:35 PM
of the repaints
Dropshot, pass
Heavy Load, maybe
Blades, buy
Acid Storm, buy
Blaster, buy
5 legend leaders, buy.

I'm probably in the minority here but I like that they are dragging out old molds. I ain't paying the horrible prices Evac goes for.

Paulbot
26th April 2008, 05:16 PM
I think the Legends look really good, particularly Razorclaw, Hun-Grrr and Hotspot. And there's also an Onslaught legends coming that we saw the Melb Toy Fair to complete the six Gestalt leaders. I wonder if there's a chance of these characters getting Ultra sized toys -- like Silverbolt and Onslaught are all ready confirmed for? That would rock!

MV75
26th April 2008, 06:31 PM
I have a better idea, why not cut through all the carp and make a real classics styled combiner team?

Menasor would be cool. It uses real vehicles.
________
Ford granada (europe) specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Granada_(Europe))

Thanatos
26th April 2008, 06:54 PM
Man the legends just make me wanna repaint all my "real size" versions of those legends into the corresponding toy. Would love a new Hot Spot, the one from my childhood is still complete but not that posable (obviously).

Tober
27th April 2008, 07:37 AM
2008 UniverseClassics (http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=8B3A8363-D56F-E112-4DCE4A995C59944E)

I'm only interested in one of each of the dumbed-down Alternators - so I will just order Henki Prowl and Sunstreaker. Maybe Galvatron later.

kup
27th April 2008, 10:36 AM
We are getting a Classics IRONHIDE!!!

Unfortunately Sideswipe is a straight repaint of Sunstreaker, no remolded head :( :(

Kyle
27th April 2008, 10:43 AM
We are getting a Classics IRONHIDE!!!

Unfortunately Sideswipe is a straight repaint of Sunstreaker, no remolded head :( :(

From Botcon pics it looks like the head will be remolded. There's still hope: :)

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=6610

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=6619

Bartrim
27th April 2008, 11:14 AM
Wow Ironhide looks wicked.:D I'll be getting all of those I think. Why oh why can't I save money:(:p

lcz128
27th April 2008, 11:26 AM
HEY.

is that Ironhide a fig that's been revealed before, or is that brand-new? :S I've never seen it- AND I like the sculpt! :D A bit segmented when in alt mode- but it still looks good IMO :D

Pulse
27th April 2008, 01:05 PM
WOW! :eek:

They all look awesome! Sideswipe (with the Botcon head), Bluestreak, Ironhide, Silverbolt & even those G1 Robot Heroes! They all look Beautiful!

According to this: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12885

Were also gonna be getting... (quoted from Seibertron)

Deluxe Cyclonus w/ Nightstick Targetmaster (new mold) ... looks frikkin' badass! Attaches to vehicle mode or in his hand, also "plugs" into his hand like the Japanese Headmasters series

Deluxe Hound with Ravage (new mold ... Hound transforms into a green jeep like vehicle, Ravage transforms into a cassette who will fit in Soundwave and also attaches to Hound, Ravage does not have weapons, hound's cannon will fit on shoulder or in hand)

as well as Deluxe Cheetor (looks pretty cool, new mold, tail is his weapon, no spots on tail due to the type of plastic, will have two throwing star weapons like animated Prowl, little switch on back of cheetah mode that opens jaw and switches eyes from blue to green)

For those of you who wanted to complete your 6-inch Titanium Seekers you're gonna be getting... 6" War Within Skywarp (Comic-Con / HTS exclusive)

Good times ahead :)

autobreadticon
27th April 2008, 01:47 PM
really happy

robot heroes becoming more diverse with RID RH
new legends mold, wow so unexpected.

Gutsman Heavy
27th April 2008, 02:10 PM
HOLY CRAP, freaking Ironhide!

Robzy
27th April 2008, 02:28 PM
:eek::eek: Blue/Silverstreak looks awesome! I hope they give Sideswipe a new head! Ironhide looks awesome (lets hope they have Ratchet too)

Gutsman Heavy
27th April 2008, 02:58 PM
sideswipe has a new head, check it! (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=6619)

New mold legends are
Jazz, G2 Megs, Hound, Brawn, Beachcomber.

Robot Heroes
BM Cheetor vs BM Tankor
RID Optimus Prime vs RID Megatron

On the re-paint side of things (no groaning! :)) we have
Universe
Ratbat vs. Springer (CYB Sideways & Evac)
Roadbuster vs. Dirge (CYB CD Hot Shot & Voyager Starscream)
-both called Comic 2-pack, so I guess there will be fiction for this line.
Ultra Storm Cloud, Powerglide in purple deco w/gold mask
Movie
Breakaway (cybertron Hot Shot)
Fracture (classic mirage )
Crankcase (cybertron red alert)

from TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/botcon-2008-hasbro-product-panel-and-qa-updated-with-pictures-from-the-hasbro-display-164757/)

Saintly
27th April 2008, 03:14 PM
ironhide's design was based on today's modern vehicles

Tober
27th April 2008, 04:13 PM
What does Dx Ravage look like?
And which Soundwave does he fit into?

He's my first and favourite TF...

Paulbot
27th April 2008, 04:15 PM
Lots of happy news :)

jaydisc
27th April 2008, 04:24 PM
Yeah, all good news!

I'm just hoping we get the obligatory Ironhide/Ratchet repaint now too. To think I was looking at >$200 purchases of 2005 Botcon Ironhide & Ratchet.

I think Evac and Springer is pretty cool too. Between him and the 2007 Botcon version, we have all three modes!

Paulbot
27th April 2008, 05:37 PM
Fracture (classic mirage )

from TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/botcon-2008-hasbro-product-panel-and-qa-updated-with-pictures-from-the-hasbro-display-164757/)

I just saw the picture of Fracture. I can't believe it, it is repaint of Mirage as GoBots Crasher! :D I really can't believe Hasbro are doing that, a Gobot homage! Well No need to do it myself now!

Pulse
27th April 2008, 05:52 PM
Honestly, How are we supposed to wait until we get our hands on those Classics 2.0 figures?! :D

I am drooling all over my keyboard :). Those new Classics figures are so awesome!

I feel like buying a ticket to China, hunting down HasTak's factory & taking one of each. :D

Atleast my BW Silverbolt & Inferno and then the Victory Box Set will keep my TFs urges maintained for a while.

Oooohhhh, I can't wait to get my hands on those Classics 2.0 figures! I wonder if this is what it was like back in 1984. :p

Lord_Zed
27th April 2008, 08:28 PM
Impressive, they've used thier brains with the repaints for a change. It all sounds good but there are really only 2 new moulds shown (Ironhide and Silverbolt) so I'm still sceptical. I like the Wallmart exclusive Crasher and Crankcase, and Ratbat to, not keen on Springer though that's gunna be a problem. I was hoping they'd make Springer a proper new tripple changer mould.

kup
27th April 2008, 09:47 PM
Impressive, they've used thier brains with the repaints for a change. It all sounds good but there are really only 2 new moulds shown (Ironhide and Silverbolt) so I'm still sceptical. I like the Wallmart exclusive Crasher and Crankcase, and Ratbat to, not keen on Springer though that's gunna be a problem. I was hoping they'd make Springer a proper new tripple changer mould.

From being a complete skeptic on Universe, the announcements made today has made me a bit more positive and I am looking forward to some of the releases while previously I was going to omit the entire line. They do seem to be making an effort with many of their repaints. However I am still a bit cautious as typical Hasbro junk is still present such as Archer's personal seeker 'Acidstorm' :rolleyes:

STL
27th April 2008, 11:34 PM
AWESOME NEWS! :) :) :)

Deluxe Ironhide
- Expected. Ratchet I imagine is the next wave w/ Deluxe Jazz I suspect. I don't think any of the Autobots movie cast is going to miss out given the exposure of TFM

Deluxe Sideswipe - August 2008
- Is that reported date right? Most of the Deluxes aren't even out yet till September let alone a 2nd wave Sideswipe.

Deluxe Bluestreak
- In Classic colours! Woot! I -hope- Takara go the other way and give us the "blue" version. Though this was expected it was still nice to see and among my favourite repaints.

Ultra Class Silverbolt
- Hrm... disappointed. It looks quite lacklustre in transformation if you check out the underbelly pics. :( It'll still make a good looking tou though.

Ultra Storm Cloud
- I expected this but really don't mind. It makes sense, it's G1 and I'm cool. I'm most likely going to call my Powerglide to one of the micromasters who fits the colour scheme more. Hot House, I'm thinking.

Deluxe Hound with Ravage
- Groovy! The biggest surprise is Ravage! I imagine Hasbro will be taking the Takara MP3 Soundwave and releasing it as a deluxe at some point in the Universe line if he's supposed to fit into Soundwave. Kinda sucks for those of us who paid $70 for MP3 Soundwave. :( but news of Ravage makes me hopeful of a Laserbeak to accompany Deluxe Soundwave. :)

Deluxe Cyclonus w/ Nightstick Targetmaster (new mold)
- Yay! Now I can shaft that custom idea! Woot! This is a made toy. I just hope for a Scourge to round out Galvatron and his 3. It just disappoints me so much to think Galvatron is just a deluxe!

Deluxe Cheetor
- This one really really bugs me. It's nothing against Cheetor as a toy. It's that he's so all alone in this and he's not even a "real life" machine that Hasbro keep harping on that they want. Why do this guy when you could do a new Springer, Perceptor, Blurr or Kup from TFTM. Unlesss we get more new BW molds, this will really p*ss me off. And if they were going to do a deluxe, how about Blackarachnia? She needs a new more accurate version the most. (And yes, I know there's one in Animated but the two have different enough colour schemes, right?)

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE LEGENDS
Tank Megatron (looks similar to G2 version, realistic dark green)
Jazz
Brawn (looks awesome!)
Beachcomber (looks awesome!)
It annoys me that three of those new molds will be in Legends size but I suspect Jazz will at least get a Deluxe. Well, he'd better.

ROBOT HEROES
Kickback vs. Ironhide
BW Megatron vs BW Silverbolt
Thrust vs Blaster
BM Cheetor vs BM Tankor
RID Optimus Prime vs RID Megatron
- Uhm why even bother w/ BM? What a complete waste. They could've done more BW figures but they settled for the weakest toyline in TF history.

2008 EXCLUSIVES
Nemesis Prime (Japanese version will have red windows) (Comic-Con / HTS exclusive)
- Drat! I want the red windows version!!!

6" War Within Skywarp (Comic-Con / HTS exclusive)
- YES!

Breakaway (Cybertron Hot Shot repaint) - Walmart
- I can see it working if they mean Brakedown.

Fracture (Classics Mirage repaint) - Walmart
- Meh...

Crankcase (Cybertron Red Alert repaint) - Walmart
- That'll work! Good repaint choice.

Mini-Con 12 pack (Kmart)
- I'll likely only get this if there are G1 homages or the mini-con legends weapons

WW Prowl and WW Grimlock as TRU exclusives (Sept 2008)
- WOOT! I don't give a slag that the rest aren't getting done but these were the two that mattered to me most. From WW Prowl, you can get Smokescreen and Bluestreak too. I want these!

UNIVERSE COMIC 2 PACKS
Deluxe Roadbuster versus Voyager Dirge (Cybertron Hot Shot II repaint / Cybertron Starscream repaint)
- Gah. Size and scale don't work. Even worse when we consider that Roadbuster is the same as Botcon Springer. Can't work for me. They should've gone w/ Energon Ironhide. I will likely add Dirge to my Cybertron collection. He has no place in Classics.

Deluxe Ratbat versus Voyager Springer (Cybertron Evac repaint vs Cybertron Sideways repaint)
- I -love- the Ratbat idea. Very War Within design. Voyager Springer though doesn't quite work for me b/c I expect Springer to be more badass and armed to the teeth. Either way, the set is as good as sold.

Now.... the last issue we have is distribution. How many of those repaints will make it downunder? For once, I would like to see them here. Unlike TFM, these repaints mean something. 'Tis may mean a great year for collecting even though itll likely keep me away from finishing G1 again. But I ain't complaining.

MV75
27th April 2008, 11:47 PM
News legends! Woo! G2 megs looks great. I hope the actual toys are good in person unlike the previous legends for classics.
________
Suzuki gsx1400 (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX1400)

Robzy
28th April 2008, 12:02 AM
Deluxe Bluestreak
- In Classic colours! Woot!
I'm so stoked... he's one of my favourite characters! :p

The biggest surprise is Ravage! I imagine Hasbro will be taking the Takara MP3 Soundwave and releasing it as a deluxe at some point in the Universe line if he's supposed to fit into Soundwave. Kinda sucks for those of us who paid $70 for MP3 Soundwave.

My understanding of this was that Ravage fits inside the TRU Classics/G1 reissue Soundwave. I don't think Hasbro are touching Music Label Soundwave from what I read in the Botcon Q&A.

Deluxe Cheetor
- This one really really bugs me. It's nothing against Cheetor as a toy. It's that he's so all alone in this and he's not even a "real life" machine that Hasbro keep harping on that they want.
Agreed!

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE LEGENDS
Brawn (looks awesome!)
Beachcomber (looks awesome!)
Have you seen these? Any links/pics?

Now.... the last issue we have is distribution. How many of those repaints will make it downunder? For once, I would like to see them here. Unlike TFM, these repaints mean something.
I worry too! With all the TFs coming out (Animated etc...), not to mention the overflow of shelf warming movie figs a lot of stores have at the moment, I wonder if we'll see them all. I hope so (but my wallet doesn't :D)

'Tis may mean a great year for collecting even though itll likely keep me away from finishing G1 again. But I ain't complaining.

You're not alone! ;):D

kurdt_the_goat
28th April 2008, 12:07 AM
Looks like i'm alone, but i much prefer the Deluxe Prowl to Deluxe Bluestreak - the black top looks like it's been panel beaten to me! Of course, i'm sitting here looking at my Binaltech Streak, so it's easy to be picky :) After seeing that custom BT Smokescreen someone posted in the acquisitions thread, i was hoping he'd get the classics treatment instead though...

kup
28th April 2008, 12:08 AM
Are there any pics yet of Brawn & Beachcomber, Deluxe Hound and Deluxe Cheetor?

What about the Powerglide repaint, any pics?

STL
28th April 2008, 12:27 AM
Have you seen these? Any links/pics?

Nopers. I just copied them from Seibertron.com page and commented. I believe they were revealed as part of the Q & A so maybe people saw the pics of them and Hound and co. as design pics?

Griffin can always clarify but I'm stoked.

One thing I have noticed though is there be very few Decepticons in Classics 2.0. And it doesn't quite bug me for some strange reason. I think it's probably b/c as far Decepticons go, we've got most of the ones we already want.

kurdt_the_goat
28th April 2008, 12:35 AM
I don't think there are any pics to be found - this was in the comments for the story on Seibertron.com. Can't wait to see Cyclonus myself!

No pics were allowed, sorry guys!

Let me tell you though ... Targetmaster Cyclonus is one of the greatest Transformers I've seen in years. I think I felt the same way about that toy as I remember feeling about the first leaked pics of Alternator Smokescreen and 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime back in the summer of 2003.

Hound is pretty incredible also. I just think the sheer awesomeness of Cyclonus just blew me away. I also absolutely loved Ravage, Brawn and Beachcomber. What a great idea to come up with new Legends class molds for the Mini-Bots. Kudos to Hasbro!!!

Robzy
28th April 2008, 12:35 AM
Yeah, you're right STL. There's still heaps of G1 cars I'd like to see (Wheeljack, Jazz, Trailbreaker, etc...). I'd love to see a Classics Soundwave (I don't think it's gonna happen tho :( ... maybe one day), and a Classics Shockwave.

But overall, 'more Autobots' is fine with me too! :)

kup
28th April 2008, 12:58 AM
Well, my Classics Decepticon shelf is exploding with figures while the Bot shelf isn't anywhere as full. I am happy with more 'bots.

Borgeman
28th April 2008, 08:52 AM
Well, my Classics Decepticon shelf is exploding with figures while the Bot shelf isn't anywhere as full. I am happy with more 'bots.

*shakes fist at 07 botcon set owner*

George

TheDirtyDigger
28th April 2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah seems we are going to get a full scale attack on our bank balances and wallets.

I have already seen sketches of some of those mentioned but was told they wont be out until 2009.

Paulbot
28th April 2008, 09:25 AM
I can understand some G1 purists being annoyed by a new Cheetor toy, but the Cheetor character has been around for 12 years, and was the kid-identifying character of Beast Wars so I think it makes sense. There's just as many young adults coming back to Transformers thanks to the movie and remembering when they were 8 years old watching Beast Wars.

iceburn
28th April 2008, 09:54 AM
8 years old watching Beast Wars?
hmmmmm...where was i?

i_amtrunks
28th April 2008, 09:57 AM
Well if the Legends class Hound is a measuring stick, deluxe Hound should be Awesomesauce.

Im not sold on most of the Universe repaints, from Minicons, through to the Cybertron Sideways repaint into Ratbat.

I'm glad the Cybertron Evac mold is getting some love, not only is there going to be a red one for Blades, but alos a green one for (I assume) Springer.

Of all the new figures I am looking most forward to Ironhide, even if his prototype looks like is is made out of play-doh.

kup
28th April 2008, 11:03 AM
I can understand some G1 purists being annoyed by a new Cheetor toy, but the Cheetor character has been around for 12 years, and was the kid-identifying character of Beast Wars so I think it makes sense. There's just as many young adults coming back to Transformers thanks to the movie and remembering when they were 8 years old watching Beast Wars.

I think that what STL meant was that if they were going to include Cheetor, they should also include others from the BW cast, not just him. It makes it kind of pointless to just have Cheetor and not the rest.

I kind of agree. As much as I like Cheetor, they should have made him with a group of BW figures or not at all. Personally I would like to see more interpretations of the G1 characters as BW already had 10th Anniversary and the figures have aged rather well as they still use contemporary toy technology 'updates' are not really necessary as much as it is for G1.

Robzy
28th April 2008, 12:41 PM
I think that what STL meant was that if they were going to include Cheetor, they should also include others from the BW cast, not just him. It makes it kind of pointless to just have Cheetor and not the rest.
Yep! That's how I understood it too! :) That and the fact Hasbro keep saying they won't release characters that don't have "real" alt modes (hence why Galvatron is a tank, and why more Dinobots or Insecticons aren't getting made).

Personally, I'd like to see this "thought process" change. I have nothing against BW figures being made!

STL
28th April 2008, 01:41 PM
Like Robzy said, I have no problem w/ BW figures being made. Heck I would love to see improved and modernised versions of Blackarachinia, Rhinox and Terrorsaur whose original toys weren't that great and haven't received much love since from Takara in terms of improvement. It's just that if I'm stuck w/ Cheetor, he's kinda pointless just hanging there next to the rest of the Universe line.

Tober
28th April 2008, 01:46 PM
I'm thinking of repainting him as Ravage. Then again Hasbro will probably release it as an exclusive Ravage X9 anyway.

kup
28th April 2008, 02:17 PM
I'm thinking of repainting him as Ravage. Then again Hasbro will probably release it as an exclusive Ravage X9 anyway.

One already exists :)

http://www.tfu.info/1999/Predacon/TripredacusAgent/tripredacusagent.htm

1orion2many
28th April 2008, 02:35 PM
:)At least I'm looking forward to this line of toys, a lot of the latest news on upcoming toys has left a bad taste in my mouth but this line is reinstilling my enthusiasm for buying more TF's. I have roughly spent $400 U.S on Microman toys lately because of all the TF repaints and the up and coming ugly animation line:p.

Robzy
28th April 2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, Universe is turning out to be a LOT better than I had expected! :)

Tober
28th April 2008, 03:32 PM
One already exists :)

http://www.tfu.info/1999/Predacon/TripredacusAgent/tripredacusagent.htm

Cool, thanks, the only pity is that the head is wrong.

Time will tell if it's doable.

sifun
28th April 2008, 03:59 PM
I want classics fracture repaint.. love that crasher repaint. Looks ace.
Ratbat looks pretty awesome too, and i don't have the evac mold yet either.

I really want to see those other pictures of cyclonus, hound etc. Wonder what they're talking about with ravage. I think if they're talking about commerative series soundwave then ravage must be pretty big.. wonder how they would pull that off.

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th April 2008, 04:45 PM
The Fracture looks quite good and I think the Ratbat colour is appropriate use of a mould, but the Springer that comes with makes me want to hurl!! Looking forward to some, but definately not all.

roller
28th April 2008, 05:35 PM
so they ARE re releasing G1 Prime for some anniversary???

and to think people bad mouthed universe when it started

Lord_Zed
28th April 2008, 06:40 PM
so they ARE re releasing G1 Prime for some anniversary???

and to think people bad mouthed universe when it started

It hasn't started yet, so I'll wait and see. Unless you mean the previous universe line which deserves all the bad mouthing it gets.

I don't know why people are suprised by Cheetor being released, I'm sure I read somwhere there that during the 25th anniversary there will be characters released from all eras of the TF universe. So my hypothesis is this is just the first of "non G1" period chracters who will be sprinkled through the universe line which will serve as the primary 25th anniversary line, or at least comparable to Gi Joe's line of the same name.

And yes Silverbolt is verry so-so I'm still not convinced Hasbro can make decent large TF's.

kup
28th April 2008, 06:50 PM
Silvebolt design wise looks like an elarged G1 Silverbolt with added ball joints and an sound and light box.

I will get it because it does pay great homage to the original but design wise it is pretty lazy and lame.

MV75
28th April 2008, 07:07 PM
Where is silverbolt? - Never mind. Found it. Should be called Angel-bolt. :D

Anyway, I still don't get ravage. Sure I get the tie between him and hound, but really, my commemorative soundwave came with ravage WITH WEAPONS. Why would I want another weaponless ravage?
________
Jaguar r4 history (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_R4)

Robzy
28th April 2008, 08:24 PM
Anyway, I still don't get ravage. Sure I get the tie between him and hound
You do? :confused: I haven't figured it out, except that in one of the MTMTE eps, Hound "fooled" a caged Ravage with his hologram plan. Is that it?

my commemorative soundwave came with ravage WITH WEAPONS. Why would I want another weaponless ravage?
I think it's a new mould, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought it was a new Legends figure that just happens to fit inside G1 Soundwave...

:)

Lord_Zed
28th April 2008, 08:28 PM
Silverbolt looks like he could be a legends or minicon toy with that transformation. I have to many collectibles vying for my dollars, so for me he's pick up on sale only.

roller
28th April 2008, 10:31 PM
It hasn't started yet, so I'll wait and see. Unless you mean the previous universe line which deserves all the bad mouthing it gets.

they are the same line to me, has there been any specific differences? They are all under the Universe banner i thought

universe rocks zed, you know it!:D

Gutsman Heavy
29th April 2008, 01:05 PM
More info on the comic two packs. They come with a re-print comic that is relevent to the pack.

Roadbuster vs. Dirge has target 2006 part 4
Ratbat vs. Springer has an Issue of War Within

MV75
29th April 2008, 02:32 PM
You do? :confused: I haven't figured it out, except that in one of the MTMTE eps, Hound "fooled" a caged Ravage with his hologram plan. Is that it?

I think it's a new mould, isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong... I thought it was a new Legends figure that just happens to fit inside G1 Soundwave...

:)
Yea, where hound captures him then intentionally lets him go.

If it is a new figure, it might just be two cassettes wide then to take advantage of the double chest soundwave. :)
________
Grape ape pictures (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/grape-ape)

kurdt_the_goat
29th April 2008, 02:42 PM
If they do that, it'll drive Goktimus Prime insane!
Me too actually, i only have the Encore flat-chesty.

Robzy
29th April 2008, 02:50 PM
I guess we'll find out either way soon enough! :)

Man - I'm REALLY hanging out to see some pics of these new Hound and Cyclonus figures! :eek::o

Tober
29th April 2008, 02:55 PM
Ravage is apparently a new mold :D No pics yet tho :(

Lord_Zed
29th April 2008, 07:53 PM
hey are the same line to me, has there been any specific differences? They are all under the Universe banner i thought

Yes the major difference is they switched the button from crap to awesome. :D

We'll see when they come out, but somehow I except Hasbro will want to distance itself from the previous Universe line.

roller
29th April 2008, 08:04 PM
ahh but phillipZed they are still the Universe line they are 1 in the same, dont deny it, you cant deny it

Lord_Zed
29th April 2008, 08:17 PM
ahh but phillipZed they are still the Universe line they are 1 in the same, dont deny it, you cant deny it

Sure I can, the Universe line fizzled up and died years back, its now a rotting corpse in the ground. This new line is more like the son of Universe line, fortunatel though it thus far looks to have escaped dads bad genes. :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th April 2008, 12:23 AM
IMan - I'm REALLY hanging out to see some pics of these new Hound and Cyclonus figures! :eek::o
Ditto big time!

Yes the major difference is they switched the button from crap to awesome. :D
LOL! I bet they wish they hadn't hid the button so well for the last Universe line!

roller
30th April 2008, 08:40 PM
what i still dont understand is why they wernt released under the Classics banner since they are the same scale and enginering