PDA

View Full Version : Reveal The Shield QC Issues

Tallestblue
2nd March 2011, 03:50 PM
Hey Guys, Rather than asking this question in each toy review thread I thought I'd ask in a new thread because I see it as a serious problem.

I've noticed that there's stress marks on Wreck-Gar's hands because his Tailpipe/Axe is a bit too large for his hand. The tabs that connect Jazz's roof piece into his rear section/feet have stress marks on them after two transformations to car and back, the black Tab that connects Perceptor's bonnet to the head assembly snapped off (I'm not sure if that's a design flaw or if I'm just clumsy, but a lot of people have said they're worried about that parcticular piece) These are problems on Brand New Toys, not ones that a five-ten years old and it's very annoying. Has anyone else experienced these problems or have had a bad run of luck with my new toys? How would others Rate the quality control of Reveal the Shield?

Hursticon
2nd March 2011, 03:58 PM
My own Wreck-Gar's right hand has a stress mark running across it, but said stress mark was present before I had put his Pole-Axe in his hand. ;)
As for Perceptor, I was lucky enough to have Deceptic Optics point out to me to be wary of said highly breakable tab, but that tab is more of a design floor as opposed to a QC issue. :o

Doubledealer
2nd March 2011, 04:08 PM
Hey Guys, Rather than asking this question in each toy review thread I thought I'd ask in a new thread because I see it as a serious problem.

I've noticed that there's stress marks on Wreck-Gar's hands because his Tailpipe/Axe is a bit too large for his hand. The tabs that connect Jazz's roof piece into his rear section/feet have stress marks on them after two transformations to car and back, the black Tab that connects Perceptor's bonnet to the head assembly snapped off (I'm not sure if that's a design flaw or if I'm just clumsy, but a lot of people have said they're worried about that parcticular piece) These are problems on Brand New Toys, not ones that a five-ten years old and it's very annoying. Has anyone else experienced these problems or have had a bad run of luck with my new toys? How would others Rate the quality control of Reveal the Shield?

Damn, that is pretty unlucky my friend. I must have been a bit more fortunate as I can't think of any problems on my RTS Transformers. The last QC issue I've had was (infuriatingly) with the last run of TFA toys, namely Arcee & Rodimus Minor. Arcee is a bit of a disaster with an overlarge leg peg & very obvious stress marks on her hands, Rodimus has really bad paint apps on his orange visor thingy. Before that it was my TFA Wreck Gar which I can't even turn back into alt mode due to mold warping problems. Gah!

1AZRAEL1
2nd March 2011, 04:10 PM
Wreck Gar that I picked up was missing a foot. That's pretty much the only problem I've had so far. My Perceptor, haven't had a problem with, even no knowing there was something to llook out for when transforming him.

christalcase
2nd March 2011, 04:12 PM
I know for Wreck-Gar there are a couple of things to look out for, firstly as you have pointed out is his hands, as the handle for the axe is too large for the gap in his fingers (the size of the hole is ok, just that the gap to push it in is too small, similar to ROTF Bludgeon), so you would need to sand the fingers down (I got stress marks on mine after putting the axe in).

Second is his shoulder ball joints where many people on tfw2005 said that it has stress marks, saying it might be because the pin used for the ball joint is too large.

And at least one person had the handlebars broken off due to the 'automorphing' in his right leg, apparently you're not supposed to manually fold the handlebars but rather let the automorph do it.

1AZRAEL1
2nd March 2011, 04:25 PM
And at least one person had the handlebars broken off due to the 'automorphing' in his right leg, apparently you're not supposed to manually fold the handlebars but rather let the automorph do it.

Really? Man no wonder how come they were so hard to move. I didn't break the one I had, but at least I know now when I get a new one to look out for that as well.

christalcase
2nd March 2011, 05:06 PM
Really? Man no wonder how come they were so hard to move. I didn't break the one I had, but at least I know now when I get a new one to look out for that as well.

yeah, the automorph wasn't very intuitive for me, so I flipped the handlebars manually, not doing that anymore... I found the site that explains it too (http://www.allspark.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t76496-0.html), his one broke after only a few transformations

Tallestblue
2nd March 2011, 06:27 PM
I didn't know that about the automorph either...EEP.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd March 2011, 07:56 PM
I found that I had to file down Perceptors back tab thing, as it was just too instrusive and was going to break when I had a play with it first time... Just shaved off a mm or so. Seem to do the trick, still clips and is tight, but doesn't make me wet myself anymore.

liegeprime
3rd March 2011, 09:13 PM

Oh I didn't know that, so that's why my Wreck Gar's handlebar kinda erm broke:(:(.... That tab on my perceptor clips but is so easy to unclip when I play with it which is really frustrating and it kinda feels awkward with the shoulders not attached to anything and just hanging there. i know its designed like so but still it feels not right.

1AZRAEL1
6th March 2011, 08:27 AM
Feet on my Tracks are very loose. The 'heel' with the pin is pretty loose, as is the bal joint on the foot. Kind of dissapointed, but I can fix the bal joint one, but the other is outta my hands.

liegeprime
6th March 2011, 11:15 AM
Another QC thing which thank goodness is easy to fix is the faction symbols are stuck misaligned most of the time. Thank goodness the new stickers can easily peel without damaging the rubsign gimmick, unlike say the G1 versions. That way one can align it properly in place....