PDA

View Full Version : Generations Warpath in package & bio!

kaiden
7th March 2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/in-package-images-of-transformers-generations-warpath/20989/

Vector Prime
7th March 2011, 11:26 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/in-package-images-of-transformers-generations-warpath/20989/

Cool... means there's not long to go till he's released then

1AZRAEL1
8th March 2011, 09:09 AM
Is it just me, or have they mirrored the pictures for the back of the card? Picture has his missile launcher on his left shoulder, while on the figure it is actually on the right.

Still, can't wait to see him in the flesh, he looks pretty cool.

UltraMarginal
8th March 2011, 12:51 PM
Is it just me, or have they mirrored the pictures for the back of the card? Picture has his missile launcher on his left shoulder, while on the figure it is actually on the right.

Still, can't wait to see him in the flesh, he looks pretty cool.

They do that a lot, next time you're in the store have a look at the robot mode, then have a look on the back of the box. I guarantee you'll see at least one, unless you're in the sports section instead of toys...

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th March 2011, 01:06 PM
Am I readin right? Fireblast 7? Is that all? IT'S WARPATH!:eek:

Lint
8th March 2011, 03:00 PM

I stopped taking tech specs seriously a long time ago :p

Paulbot
8th March 2011, 03:08 PM
Checking the stats...

Compared to 1985 Warpath, he is 3 points weaker, 2 points lower in rank, has 2 points less courage, and a massive 50% drop in his skill rankings. But he is 1 point smarter and 3 points faster.

His Endurance and Firepower remain the same!

GoktimusPrime
8th March 2011, 03:39 PM
I stopped taking tech specs seriously a long time ago :p

+10. Tech specs these days are just crap. RtS Perceptor's Tech Specs doesn't mention anything about his unquenchable thirst for knowledge or being absent minded and Generations Thundercracker's tech specs doesn't mention his lack of dedication of the Decepticon cause... one great thing about G1's tech specs was that characters had little quirks that made them unique and memorable. e.g. Cosmos is incredibly lonesome, Breakdown is paranoid, Soundwave is hated by his fellow Decepticons, Kup is highly experienced and knowledgeable but nobody listens to his wisdom, Frenzy is a sadist and Bluestreak uses his jovial façade to hide his inner demons and so on and so on.

I collect Classicsverse cos I love the toys, but as far as the characterisations are concerned, I'll refer to G1 over their tech specs.

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th March 2011, 12:24 AM
Very true. The worst one I thought was with the reissue seacons, Nautilators bio got changed from almost being left in the water by the other seacons to being happily saved by the other seacons. Cuddles all around.

Very sad I think really, as a kid I loved reading the Bios. Now I still enjoy reading them but more often than not I cringe. Either from bad writing or excessive use of commas. A personal pet hate of mine.

liegeprime
9th March 2011, 11:07 AM

His Bark is worse than his bite :p WHAAAAM!!! KABLAAM!!

Lint
9th March 2011, 12:02 PM
+10. Tech specs these days are just crap...

When I said a long time ago i meant the G1 era :p They'd frequently mix up stats with other characters, or apply nonsensical stats such as targetmaster variants having lower firepower or pure melee bots having firepower at all.

That said, you're right, the quality of the bios these days are lacking a certain charm, and the stats are often just as nonsensical

Lord_Zed
9th March 2011, 12:25 PM
+10. Tech specs these days are just crap. RtS Perceptor's Tech Specs doesn't mention anything about his unquenchable thirst for knowledge or being absent minded and Generations Thundercracker's tech specs doesn't mention his lack of dedication of the Decepticon cause... one great thing about G1's tech specs was that characters had little quirks that made them unique and memorable. e.g. Cosmos is incredibly lonesome, Breakdown is paranoid, Soundwave is hated by his fellow Decepticons, Kup is highly experienced and knowledgeable but nobody listens to his wisdom, Frenzy is a sadist and Bluestreak uses his jovial façade to hide his inner demons and so on and so on.

I collect Classicsverse cos I love the toys, but as far as the characterisations are concerned, I'll refer to G1 over their tech specs.

Well as you well know the old tech spechs were written by an established comic writter, the new ones are written by Fred in marketing, at least that's my guess.