PDA

View Full Version : Last chance for Collector Club Sideburn toy (kinda)

griffin
16th March 2011, 03:48 PM
March 16th (US time, which is about 2/3 day behind us), is the cut-off for getting the 2011 Membership toy Sideburn free as a Club Member.
After tomorrow, joining the club (even to register for BotCon to get the discount) will earn you the 2012 toy...

...except if you register at BotCon (last year, new registrations at BotCon earnt the 2010 toy), but I don't think that that loophole will be accessible to anyone here.

To join up now to get Sideburn within 3 months (better the devil you know?), head on over to the Collector Club website (http://www.transformersclub.com/). Otherwise you'll have to wait until May/June 2012 to get your membership toy, and we won't even know what it is for quite a while either.

Club benefits include:
- 6 full colour Magazine issues
- exclusive redeco toy
- exclusive access to Club online community (news/messageboard)
- Club store discounts
- BotCon registration discount

Just make sure you select the 'Foreign membership' option, for US$78 (no more to pay).
*may require verification of credit card if it is your first transaction with FunPub.

(for those only interested in Sideburn, but not the membership, ask someone going to BotCon to get one for you - it is usually about US$20)

Gutsman Heavy
16th March 2011, 05:39 PM
wow only $20ish at botcon? Any Botconners wanna nab me one?

Zippo
16th March 2011, 06:40 PM
I need two!
griffin, have you just nominated yourself to get two for me at Botcon this year :)

KillinSpoon
16th March 2011, 07:06 PM
I considered it, but then thought that it would be cheaper ust to buy sideburn in the long run...

Golden Phoenix
16th March 2011, 08:52 PM
Bit the bullet and signed up.
Figured I might as well get sideburn and a botcon box set

kaiden
16th March 2011, 10:09 PM
wonder if i should pass on this if im already getting ehobby rodimus which is translucent blue :/

Vector Prime
17th March 2011, 12:06 AM
(for those only interested in Sideburn, but not the membership, ask someone going to BotCon to get one for you - it is usually about US$20)

So who's volunteering to bring me back a pair of Sideburns? :D

griffin
17th March 2011, 02:40 AM
A topic might be posted in the group order section closer to the convention for people to pre-order, and see who can help out.

kaiden
17th March 2011, 09:49 AM
A topic might be posted in the group order section closer to the convention for people to pre-order, and see who can help out.

G2 Ramjet too?

mknell
17th March 2011, 09:53 AM
Wow I could go a sideburn too for $20 lol

Paulbot
17th March 2011, 09:55 AM
Griffin was $20 the price of Dion at Botcon last year?

griffin
17th March 2011, 01:34 PM
The price on the online store is $25, so maybe not... The Deluxe toy for 2009 was $20, so I guess a price increase was bound to happen eventually.

Paulbot
17th March 2011, 01:44 PM
I kinda figured Dion was a much less popular repaint, as were the Nexus Maximus parts, but Sideburn could be higher in demand.

griffin
17th March 2011, 02:08 PM
I think it could go either way. Sideburn is a more significant official character (throughout most of RiD - but Dion only showed up in one Gen1 ep I think), but is just as annoying as Cheetor or Hotshot, so might not have too many fans wanting to buy the homage to a character they didn't care for.
Dion's colours didn't work well, and the mould didn't seem to be a fan-favourite either, combined with a story universe fans seemed to be ignoring and a character we didn't see much of, so nothing was really working in its favour.

Sky Shadow
17th March 2011, 02:36 PM
So who's volunteering to bring me back a pair of Sideburns? :D

One for each side of your face? :p

griffin
21st March 2011, 01:37 PM
Pre-order topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10429) now posted in the Group Orders section.

UltraMagnus
21st March 2011, 03:26 PM
I caved in as well and ordered this set. I wouldnt mind recieving some TF goodness in HK...