PDA

View Full Version : MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron In Stock

Vector Prime
17th March 2011, 01:08 PM
MP-05 Megatron is now back in stock at RK (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType&II=TFTRMP05-1&lang=us&CatID) for $105.80.

Desperately want one but can't be bothered going through all the loopholes of getting a gun license (I'd be too tempted to collect real guns then :D)

UltraMarginal
17th March 2011, 03:26 PM
I just did a quick check and there are over 20 of them... that's a lot.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
17th March 2011, 04:04 PM
So from what I understand, Perthicons can legally own MP-05 a replica firearm but it is explicitly forbidden to posess or copy RC computer games like Mortal Kombat???

Western Australia, Australia

Ownership of Masterpiece Megatron is LEGAL in Western Australia, Australia.

However, it will still likely be seized by Customs which is a Federal body. You will then need to obtain a Form B1709A, IMPORTATION OF FIREARMS-POLICE CONFIRMATION AND CERTIFICATION permit from the Firearms Division of the Western Australian Police to have it released to you from Customs.

SOURCE (http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_WA.htm)

:confused:

Deceptic0ns
17th March 2011, 07:01 PM
I picked one of these up in Adelaide when they 1st came out, i remember hearing that they were banned in some states. Can't believe you actually need a gun license to own one.

GoktimusPrime
19th March 2011, 07:11 PM
Desperately want one but can't be bothered going through all the loopholes of getting a gun license (I'd be too tempted to collect real guns then :D)

I picked one of these up in Adelaide when they 1st came out, i remember hearing that they were banned in some states. Can't believe you actually need a gun license to own one.
That's not entirely true -- you don't need a full gun licence, what you need is an imitation firearms permit. The permit allows you to own prohibited imitation firearms; it's not a licence to own real guns.

Here's what my permit looks like:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/megatronpermit.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/megatronpermitt.jpg

In order to obtain the permit in NSW you will also need to satisfy minimum safe storage requirements, such as:
+ A lockable display unit for the gunformer(s).
+ Locks on doors and windows in the room where the gunformer(s) is/are stored.
+ Bars on windows of said room if it is on the ground floor. Upstairs rooms are exempt from this requirement.

Deceptic0ns
19th March 2011, 07:32 PM
What a joke, soon you will need one of those for a water pistol!

Ronimus
20th March 2011, 06:08 AM
Hello everyone:D . I'm waiting for the day that they bring out a knife licence. Then you'll have to register all of your kitchen knifes :p

What a joke Australia has become :mad:

Vector Prime
20th March 2011, 08:18 AM
That's not entirely true -- you don't need a full gun licence, what you need is an imitation firearms permit. The permit allows you to own prohibited imitation firearms; it's not a licence to own real guns.

**SNIP**

In order to obtain the permit in NSW you will also need to satisfy minimum safe storage requirements, such as:
+ Bars on windows of said room if it is on the ground floor. Upstairs rooms are exempt from this requirement.

What I meant was that if I needed to go through all these pain in the arse requirements to obtain MP Megs, I might as well go the full hog and get a gun license and collect those instead.

janda the red
24th March 2011, 07:42 AM
just noticed...

there is a guy on aus ebay ( in w.a. ) selling mp megs for $250. ( claims to have 2 for sale )

i know its pricey.....but atleast it eliminates the chance of it getting siezed at customs!

maybe an option for someone

janda :)

tjparkside
24th March 2011, 05:10 PM
..all these laws for a toy likely to sit in a room on a shelf as a ROBOT!?!
:eek:

UltraMarginal
24th March 2011, 10:19 PM
..all these laws for a toy likely to sit in a room on a shelf as a ROBOT!?!
:eek:

I agree to a point, given that relatively rel toy guns can be purchased at any toy or $2 shop for less than $10.

BUT, it has happened that a guy took the G1 megs into the public and caused a scare, and while it is oversized, in alt mode masterpiece Megs looks like a monster hand cannon, flashed around in front of a crowd of untrained eyes at a bank, it would cause mass hysteria.

Be happy that you can get a permit and apart from the cost of the secure cabinet, the actual permit application fee has been waived in the case of Masterpiece Megatron.

Fonecrusher
26th March 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm just wandering... Couldn't a lot of fuss about this been avoided if the company making MPs packaged Megs in robot form and had minimal photos (or even none?) of his gun mode on the packaging? I'm not sure about stuff like this, just my thoughts, because people buy Megatron because he is freakin' MEGATRON not because he transforms into some ancient WWII gun.:p

Vector Prime
26th March 2011, 10:27 AM
I'm just wandering... Couldn't a lot of fuss about this been avoided if the company making MPs packaged Megs in robot form and had minimal photos (or even none?) of his gun mode on the packaging?

He comes packaged in his bot mode.

As for the second part about leaving off a pic of his alt mode - well, he is a TF and they do need to show what he changes in to after all :p

Besides, the Masterpiece range is intended as the 'ultimate' incarnation of each character - so all the product details do need to be shown on the box (it doesn't help that it's an enclosed box and you can't view it's contents either)

griffin
26th March 2011, 10:32 PM
Customs look for an x-ray scan, before opening up suspect parcels, so it could be packed in a plain cardboard box and still get seen and confiscated.

tjparkside
13th April 2011, 05:43 PM
I agree to a point, given that relatively rel toy guns can be purchased at any toy or $2 shop for less than $10.

BUT, it has happened that a guy took the G1 megs into the public and caused a scare, and while it is oversized, in alt mode masterpiece Megs looks like a monster hand cannon, flashed around in front of a crowd of untrained eyes at a bank, it would cause mass hysteria.

Be happy that you can get a permit and apart from the cost of the secure cabinet, the actual permit application fee has been waived in the case of Masterpiece Megatron.

thanks for the comments,ultra marginal!
could you mention more about the permit (type) and the fee being waived (if applicable to victoria) i am told (licensing and firearms/replicas) laws here are changing again in july 2011-don't know if for better or worse!?!
cheers,tjp.

Doubledealer
13th April 2011, 05:50 PM
If it helps, I just received my MP-05 from amiami today. It was delivered by EMS and went through Melbourne customs before coming over to Perth. $120 including EMS shipping, arrived in a couple of days...No dramas whatsoever. :)

The gun is ridiculously huge, looks like a beefier version of the gun Gabrielle Cash used in Tango & Cash!

Hursticon
13th April 2011, 10:26 PM
The gun is ridiculously huge, looks like a beefier version of the gun Gabrielle Cash used in Tango & Cash!

LOL! - That thing was a friggin' cannon! :p:D
You're right though, MP-05 is well oversized. :rolleyes:

Vector Prime
13th April 2011, 10:41 PM
LOL! - That thing was a friggin' cannon! :p:D
You're right though, MP-05 is well oversized. :rolleyes:

I've never seen or held an MP-05 in person so I have no idea how big it is relative to a real firearm - but from reports I've read, it's substantially bigger than the Walther P-38 that it's meant to resemble.

Is it still large enough to resemble another large pistol (like a Desert Eagle (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/082/3/7/__Desert_Eagle___photo_I_by_BritanniaWD.jpg) for example) or is it just ridiculously large and oversized that it surely can't be mistaken for a real handgun?

Hursticon
13th April 2011, 10:47 PM
I've never seen or held an MP-05 in person so I have no idea how big it is relative to a real firearm - but from reports I've read, it's substantially bigger than the Walther P-38 that it's meant to resemble.

Is it still large enough to resemble another large pistol (like a Desert Eagle (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/082/3/7/__Desert_Eagle___photo_I_by_BritanniaWD.jpg) for example) or is it just ridiculously large and oversized that it surely can't be mistaken for a real handgun?

To my understanding, it would be equal to and/or quite possibly greater than a Desert Eagle in size - I've never seen a 'Hand Cannon' in real life though. :o
Either way, you'd have to have the hands of The Big Show to be able to even wield it properly. :p

Vector Prime
13th April 2011, 10:53 PM
To my understanding, it would be equal to and/or quite possibly greater than a Desert Eagle in size - I've never seen a 'Hand Cannon' in real life though. :o
Either way, you'd have to have the hands of The Big Show to be able to even wield it properly. :p

Right. I now just need to find a TF collector who is also a firearms collector and ask them. :p

Tober
13th April 2011, 11:04 PM
just noticed...

there is a guy on aus ebay ( in w.a. ) selling mp megs for $250. ( claims to have 2 for sale )

i know its pricey.....but atleast it eliminates the chance of it getting siezed at customs!

maybe an option for someone

If he sends it to a 'banned' state, it's 'gun trafficking'. No kidding, upto 14 years. :rolleyes:

janda the red
14th April 2011, 07:07 AM
^^ really? wow...

glad i'm not after one.... lol

nova_prime12
26th May 2011, 11:41 AM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/megatronpermit.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/megatronpermitt.jpg

Hey, how'd you get your license for megatron, and what fees did you pay or will have to pay.

Regards

DELTAprime
30th June 2011, 07:41 PM
Just wondering, is G1 Megatron subject to all this crap that MP Megs is? I would like to get both the Megatron and Optimus Chronicle set's that Takara's releasing later this year.

ITZTRU
30th June 2011, 07:48 PM
yep same bs. maybe even more so than MP megs, given that G1 is more in scale with the real walther than the mp one is

Prowl
30th June 2011, 08:56 PM
There is a unnamed store in Melbourne selling both MP05 Megs & the G1 Reissue. You can find it on eilbay & I don't know but his prices seem steep at $280 for MP05 & $150 got G1 Megs?

blackie
30th June 2011, 08:58 PM
very steep

k.wong23
30th June 2011, 09:51 PM
I paid $250 for MP-5 back in the day I thought that was reasonable given the customs issues

blackie
30th June 2011, 09:53 PM
i paid max 150

Starscream007
29th August 2011, 10:21 PM
I know someone who got it at USD$175 shipped, no custom issues from Japan.

Luck of the draw?

Arcee
29th August 2011, 11:15 PM
Someone be me. Got it on eBay and received it today. Delivered EMS within 7 days, no issue whatsoever from the custom. Judging from what's said above I guess I AM pretty lucky???

I've checked out that store Prowl mentioned above in North Coburg where they sell MP-05 at $280. The guy there did tell me it's problematic to get it through the customs. I thought he was just trying to justify his price...

I know someone who got it at USD$175 shipped, no custom issues from Japan.

Luck of the draw?