PDA

View Full Version : FansProject's Japan Aid Fundraiser

Hursticon
18th March 2011, 09:25 PM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/fans-projects-fund-rising-activity-for-japan-free-gift-blesser-if-you-donate/21088/), FansProject have devised a Fund Raising Activity where if you donate a Minimum of $15.00USD or more to the Red Cross and provide Receipt Proof they'll give you a Free Gift, a Repaint of their TFX-05 Sidearm figure named Blesser - There is a limit of 1500 figures.

Details can be found on their website (http://www.fansproject.com/?page_id=668).

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/1300442933_Blesser.jpg

gamblor916
18th March 2011, 09:44 PM
That's a great idea, win-win for everyone. I think I'll oblige.

Hursticon
18th March 2011, 09:52 PM
That's a great idea, win-win for everyone. I think I'll oblige.

I know eh? - I'm considering it myself, just got to see if I can squeeze the funds from somewhere, it's a bloody good cause though. :)

mknell
19th March 2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah I just donated some :) even more so because i'm going there end of April

kup
19th March 2011, 03:54 PM
This is a very nice and selfless gesture. FansProject is bound to loose money out of this yet their whole motivation is charity and kindness with nothing in return. There is more nobility in someone giving a portion of what they need to someone who needs it more than somebody just donating their spare change.

KillinSpoon
19th March 2011, 07:35 PM
TAKE ALL MY MONEY AND GIVE ME EXCLUSIVE FIGURES!~ :D

reillyd
19th March 2011, 08:03 PM
Lovely thought, and just the extra motivation I needed. I do hope they'll ship it internationally, though I hate to think how expensive it might be for them.

Hursticon
20th March 2011, 12:51 PM
Lovely thought, and just the extra motivation I needed. I do hope they'll ship it internationally, though I hate to think how expensive it might be for them.

From my understanding, they will be shipping Internationally and using registered postage at that! :eek:
They're wearing all the costs and that, IMO, speaks volumes of this group. ;):cool:

UltraMarginal
20th March 2011, 03:42 PM
I've donated, and I sent them my receipt and offered to pay postage myself, all they did was confirm my receipt at this stage. so it looks like they are being extremely giving. best way to build up kudos with a fan base.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd March 2011, 01:29 AM
Thats a good ide for them. Looks like all the 'Blessers' are taken now. They say they managed to get $20,000 through it. Nice work FP!

reillyd
22nd March 2011, 01:53 PM
Its probably just a very small drop in the bucket, but we owe SO much to the people of Japan for the cultural gifts they brought us. The only death and destruction I want to see there comes from Godzilla's foot :(

Sam
2nd May 2011, 08:10 PM
Got my Blesser figure in the mail today. Thanks Fansproject!

UltraMarginal
3rd May 2011, 11:24 AM
I got mine a couple days ago, very nicely manufactured figure. Now I just have to figure out who to hold him in gun mode.

I love the tech specs card that comes with it, I'll hopefully have time tonight to post in the acquisitions section.

Well Done FP

gamblor916
3rd May 2011, 11:35 AM
I got mine too. The card was a nice touch.

Golden Phoenix
5th May 2011, 10:24 PM
Oh snap!
I got 2 in the mail.

reillyd
7th May 2011, 08:37 PM
The card was awesome. They even put my name on the bio card, as the "human partner"

kup
8th May 2011, 09:16 AM
Received mine! Fantastic :)

Hursticon
8th May 2011, 10:51 AM
Is anyone able to post a pic of what they mean by their names being used in the Bio? - I'm just curious is all. :)

1AZRAEL1
8th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Wish I had the money get one of these, they look great, and they were for a great cause.

kup
8th May 2011, 11:17 AM
Wish I had the money get one of these, they look great, and they were for a great cause.

It wasn't an actual release, it was given to you after donating $15 or more to the Red Cross.

kup
8th May 2011, 11:33 AM
Is anyone able to post a pic of what they mean by their names being used in the Bio? - I'm just curious is all. :)

Here:

http://kupscigar.com/2011/Blesser1.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/2011/Blesser2.JPG

Display wise, I am unsure of what to do with Blesser..He looks as if he would fit in great as a Decepticon Targetmaster (I was thinking Fracas) but he is good and saves people!

1AZRAEL1
8th May 2011, 12:01 PM
It wasn't an actual release, it was given to you after donating $15 or more to the Red Cross.

That's what I meant. I didn't actually have the spare funds to donate. Wish I did though.

Golden Phoenix
8th May 2011, 12:25 PM
Display wise, I am unsure of what to do with Blesser..He looks as if he would fit in great as a Decepticon Targetmaster (I was thinking Fracas) but he is good and saves people!

I gave him to my Classics Bumblebee.
Blesser sounds like one of the human companions Bumblebee has that has just been given the targetmaster treatment.

Bumblee is also needed a gun.

kup
8th May 2011, 12:44 PM
I gave him to my Classics Bumblebee.
Blesser sounds like one of the human companions Bumblebee has that has just been given the targetmaster treatment.

Bumblee is also needed a gun.

My Bumblebee already has a gun from G3 trailer :(

I hope they would make one of the Autobot Targetmasters as Classics. Knowing Hasbro, they are more likely to skip on the TM or give him a none transforming one (like Scourge).

liegeprime
8th May 2011, 12:59 PM
My Bumblebee already has a gun from G3 trailer :(

I hope they would make one of the Autobot Targetmasters as Classics. Knowing Hasbro, they are more likely to skip on the TM or give him a none transforming one (like Scourge).

well you could always give it to Prime. He's the boss bot anyways and any additional Firepower would be great :D

Hursticon
9th May 2011, 04:26 PM
Here:

*snip*

Cheers dude. :D
That's a pretty cool little detail really and I see what you mean by display purpose. :p

kup
9th May 2011, 08:01 PM
http://kupscigar.com/collection2011/blesser1.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/collection2011/blesser2.JPG

See? He makes an AWESOME! Fracas but he is good and helps people - for real and feel bad about making him a bad guy :confused:

The biggest flaw (and it's pretty bad as a Targetmaster as that's half the gimmick) is that you can't plug him anywhere in alt mode.

1AZRAEL1
10th May 2011, 08:37 AM
Looks very cool. Does go well with Scourge.

primatives
10th May 2011, 09:46 AM
is he any different to the targetmaster from the rodimus upgrade kit other than the blue face???

1AZRAEL1
10th May 2011, 09:49 AM
is he any different to the targetmaster from the rodimus upgrade kit other than the blue face???

Yea he has an inverted colour scheme when compared to the Rodimus TM.

1AZRAEL1
10th May 2011, 09:53 AM
There are a couple on Ebay atm, this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Fans-Project-Blesser-NEW-very-rare-MIB-/260776848453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb782ec45) is currently at US$122 with an hour to go, and this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fansproject-Blesser-MISB-Transformers-Sidearm-/300554769695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fa75d51f) at US$51 with 3 days. I shoulda donated when if I had the money. I'm not paying aftermarket prices.

gamblor916
10th May 2011, 10:28 AM
These are the worse kind of scalpers :mad:

1AZRAEL1
10th May 2011, 10:37 AM
These are the worse kind of scalpers :mad:

According to the second one, he will be donating half the profits, but anyone can say that and not do it. Now if he was going to donate all of it, and show proof when he does, that's fine.

Hursticon
10th May 2011, 10:56 AM
That's really friggin' low and it is this sort of act that will make companies/groups think twice about doing a fund-raiser like this in the future. :mad:
Man there are some greedy p***** on this planet! :mad:

UltraMarginal
10th May 2011, 09:20 PM
That really is Rude, FansProject specifically asked that people not do that with this figure.

kup
15th May 2011, 07:41 PM
The after market buyers for this toys probably should share the blame too. They are clearly creating the demand from those high bids.

liegeprime
15th May 2011, 09:42 PM
Hey kup, just an idea on who to match blesser with...

can you have United/Gen Jazz hold the little guy, maybe they'd match and then make Jazz a targetmaster since the Stepper variant is way to expensive, in a way this will make up for it, in a weird but kinda related way. Post pics if you do okies?

bruticus
26th May 2011, 03:55 PM
WOW.
after seeing how everyone has already got their blessers in the mail, i gave up all hope thinking that i must have missed out, but after checking my mail today, my blesser figure finally arrived!!

the artwork on the personalised card is really filled with emotion hey?
just wow.

Hursticon
26th May 2011, 05:29 PM
WOW.
after seeing how everyone has already got their blessers in the mail, i gave up all hope thinking that i must have missed out, but after checking my mail today, my blesser figure finally arrived!!

the artwork on the personalised card is really filled with emotion hey?
just wow.

Better late than never huh? - A welcome surprise though, no doubt. ;):)

STL
26th May 2011, 05:39 PM
The after market buyers for this toys probably should share the blame too. They are clearly creating the demand from those high bids.

That really is Rude, FansProject specifically asked that people not do that with this figure.

That's really friggin' low and it is this sort of act that will make companies/groups think twice about doing a fund-raiser like this in the future. :mad:
Man there are some greedy p***** on this planet! :mad:

I think that's somewhat unfair too. It's part of the world, like it or not. Events try to mitigate it all the time but people do it all the time. People have been doing this since the dawn of time when something is in short supply. And to be frank, if any of us had one and were going to liquidate, would we do it $15 or get the better price?

In the alternative, it could be because they donated but had no need of it when they saw it and then sold it.

To me, the end effect is that people were encouraged to donate. That's good enough.

The bigger question I have to ask is this? How many of us would / did donate prior to Fansproject offering this?

I think the answer to that question is that most poignant point rather than attacking those scalping/selling off. Because it means our apathy and self-interest is such that we are only motivated when we are incentivised to donate.

Not pointing the finger to anyone, mind you. But food for thought if we want to be dishing out recriminations.

kup
26th May 2011, 08:59 PM
I was getting ready to donate and looking at how to do it when the news appeared for Blesser. That guided me in how to donate but did not directly motivate me to do so since I was ready to do that anyways.

However I am sure Blesser was a huge motivator for many and that is what is very cool about this figure. Regardless of the motivations of the donator, it got a pretty reasonable fund raise happening which helped people - This is what counts.

Sam
27th May 2011, 07:16 PM
Regardless of the motivations of the donator, it got a pretty reasonable fund raise happening which helped people - This is what counts.

+1 :)