PDA

View Full Version : BOTCON REGO IS LIVE!!!!

Krayt
22nd March 2011, 09:00 AM
BOTCON IS LIVE

fatbot
22nd March 2011, 09:14 AM
Great news, now I need to find someone that can help out with obtaining all the figures.

CHILENO20
22nd March 2011, 09:32 AM
Just done my botcon reg, looks like i got into a customizing class on wednesday!! whose going to six flags on thursday?

griffin
22nd March 2011, 09:35 AM
Custom classes were sold out within the hour (if the time fatbot posted his message was shortly after it went live).

If you are registering - NOTE - you have 8 minutes before it times out, so don't take too long. It isn't enough time to read everything, so be sure to know what you are planning to get (type of pack, loose set, extra events, t-shirt).

I can't see the HOF event included in the registration, and no note about it (in the short amount of time it gives to register).

Their fax in registration form isn't even up (the link goes to their Dealer registration form). And they have a $25 processing fee for faxing it in!
The online version has a $6 fee, but I'm pretty sure last year they told us that it was only a one-off fee last year to cover the initial set up.

Krayt
22nd March 2011, 09:37 AM
There was a note on twitter about the HoF being Hasbro run... cant twitter at work to check it for you though

griffin
22nd March 2011, 09:37 AM
Just done my botcon reg, looks like i got into a customizing class on wednesday!! whose going to six flags on thursday?

Customising class - Seriously? I registered about half an hour ago, and it said both classes were full/sold out.

I hope that wasn't a glitch, and I unchecked something that was still available.... :mad:

Signed up to the six flags though, as I needed to be in something for the early (Wed) package pickup. And it sounds like fun too.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 09:41 AM
There was a note on twitter about the HoF being Hasbro run... cant twitter at work to check it for you though

So, Funpub aren't selling tickets to it. Or at least, not yet. That sucks. If they do, it means having to keep an eye out for it later, or fighting a queue at botcon if they sell tickets there.
Hopefully it isn't something Hasbro US end up selling through their online store, as it could end up blocking people outside of Nth America.

Actually, now that I think of it, Hasbro ran the event last year, but FunPub still organised it, and took care of the admission to it.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 09:43 AM
Nothing mentioned in their email to members about the HOF dinner...

BotCon registration (http://botcon.com/) is live as of 4:30 pm central time Monday. Register in the next 24 hours and receive the first day of registration pin!
Do not register for an attending package and try to change it later to a non-attending. We reserve the right to cancel any packages that request a change from attending to non-attending. There is a limited number of non-attending packages and once they are gone, that's it.
Also note that per the terms and conditions, we reserve the right to limit the number of packages to any one individual.
Hope to see you all in California!
Thanks for your support and patience!
Brian

And their FAQ suggests that it should have been included in the registration, which could mean they messed up, and this is gonna cause major problems later.

03-20-11
Question: Do the Hall of Fame tickets have to be purchased at the same time as the registration packages?
Answer: No, but it makes it much easier on us to keep your info in one place. Also, they could sell out if you wait.

KillinSpoon
22nd March 2011, 09:48 AM
So what, I fill out the form then find someone to pick them up for me?

CHILENO20
22nd March 2011, 09:53 AM
Customising class - Seriously? I registered about half an hour ago, and it said both classes were full/sold out.

I hope that wasn't a glitch, and I unchecked something that was still available.... :mad:

Signed up to the six flags though, as I needed to be in something for the early (Wed) package pickup. And it sounds like fun too.

yeah, im guessing it was one that was put back on the shelf as it were, coz of that whole 8 minute time thing. Now i hafta hope to god i get there in time! my flight arrives at 7.30am on Wednesday morning!! I really hope customs aint a bitch and traffic ain too bad, though with my luck i dun noe. the class starts at 9 or 9.30am? Neways, we OTCA members gonna have a meeting point on those days? Idont mind missing out on universal, been there before, six flags will be new to me though so that looks like fun!

griffin
22nd March 2011, 09:54 AM
If you are a non-attendee, you select the non-attendee package (Iacon package) and it will be posted to you after the event is over. Shipping cost may be extra if you are not in Nth America.

KillinSpoon
22nd March 2011, 10:03 AM
Oh sweet, I ordered with the idea that it would be sent out to me.
Then it came up with this;
'Please bring a copy of your invoice to package-pickup.'

So it will be sent to me?
Also, it let me just order a shirt and hat without the package.

...I have no idea what is going on, I should have asked you guys first :P

griffin
22nd March 2011, 10:07 AM
Apparently it was indeed a technical fault, and the HOF dinner is now on the registration form. You just have to go back and do it all again (but select the option that you already registered), and they are gonna get an extra $6 processing fee from you...

Paulbot
22nd March 2011, 10:09 AM
The Hall of Fame dinner was on the same page as the tours/customsing class. The last option on that page. (Or did I imagine it)\

Oh sweet, I ordered with the idea that it would be sent out to me.
Then it came up with this;
'Please bring a copy of your invoice to package-pickup.'

So it will be sent to me?
Also, it let me just order a shirt and hat without the package.

...I have no idea what is going on, I should have asked you guys first :P

Did you order an Iacon (non-attending) package or the Primus (attending) package?

KillinSpoon
22nd March 2011, 10:12 AM
Neither, that's why I'm confused... I was going to ask if I could add them to your order but then realised it would let me complete the order myself.

But under non-attending registrant.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 10:20 AM
I had another look over the registration, and saw that the Iacon package isn't on there yet. Last year they put it up a couple weeks later, to prioritise those going. They haven't said if they are doing that this year, but the FAQ (http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11faq.cfm) might say something about it.

If you registered for a Primus package, you might have a bit of a problem, as they can cancel people's purchase if they register to attend but later ask to have it posted to them (to prevent people from buying a set after the small number of non-attendee sets were sold out).
Best to send them a message about it (http://transformersclub.com/feedback_tf.cfm), saying that the Iacon/non-attendee set wasn't on the online registration form, and being your first time, you didn't realise it. Ask them if Iacon packages were supposed to be included yet (because the HOF event was missing too), and see if you can have yours changed or cancelled, so that you can re-register as a non-attendee.

Paulbot
22nd March 2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the text alert Griffin. Had to excuse myself from a meeting :o

yeah, im guessing it was one that was put back on the shelf as it were, coz of that whole 8 minute time thing. Now i hafta hope to god i get there in time! my flight arrives at 7.30am on Wednesday morning!! I really hope customs aint a bitch and traffic ain too bad, though with my luck i dun noe. the class starts at 9 or 9.30am? Neways, we OTCA members gonna have a meeting point on those days? Idont mind missing out on universal, been there before, six flags will be new to me though so that looks like fun!

You're coming from NY or somewhere else in the States first before getting into LAX right?

Because, I'm sorry to say, if your flight is direct is from Australia and due to arrive at LAX at 730 I don't think there's not much chance of getting through the queues at customs and out to Pasadena in an hour and a half.

Krayt
22nd March 2011, 10:22 AM
First page asked if you were attending, selecting No to that showed iacon as the package on the next page

griffin
22nd March 2011, 10:29 AM

I don't think you're gonna make it... it takes about 45minutes on a good day to get to Pasadena from the airport (it's on the other side of LA), and Customs can take just as long.
I guess it's possible, but it's gonna be close. And if you miss the start time of the class, they don't let anyone in once it starts.
Well done on getting in though. When I went back to the registration website to try to get into the class, it must have been a timing thing for you, as it wouldn't let me go past that screen while it registered a ticked item as being out of stock.

I think a few of us will be at the 6 Flags one, and if not, we have all weekend to meet and greet.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 10:31 AM
They've fixed the glitch and added the HOF dinner, which I went back and added to my order, costing an extra $6 processing fee...

Then they sent an email out, to tell people to hold off doing that until *at least* tomorrow, or else you will have to pay the extra $6, and they won't refund it.

The online traffic is murderous at the moment and we did have one system hick-up. The HOF event was not showing up during the first 30 minutes of registration. We will be finding a work around tomorrow of the $6 admin fee. We think about 200 primus got through before we fixed this. There will be enough tickets for all that want to come so if you wait until you get further instructions to add this to your package we would appreciate it as we don't have the manpower to do 200 $6 returns this week. If you go back and use the bypass today to add these tickets to your package, we will not be able to refund you the $6. We hope have a solution tomorrow for getting around the fee.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 10:35 AM
First page asked if you were attending, selecting No to that showed iacon as the package on the next page

Ah, that'd be why I couldn't see it.

If any non-attendee did accidentally select 'yes', you'd better send them a message real fast to change or cancel your order (note that they have a cancellation fee), or else they could prevent you from getting a non-attendee set at all.

Saintly
22nd March 2011, 10:40 AM
Here's the direct link to the Botcon Rego online -> http://www.eventman.com/login.cfm?eid=23

Botcon's Twitter updates -> http://twitter.com/#botcon

Demonac
22nd March 2011, 10:45 AM
I seem to have been charged the non member price for my primus packages.

fatbot
22nd March 2011, 10:49 AM
If it wasn't for the bloody postage fee, I could get the non attending package today, now I gotta wait til next pay and hope it doesn't sell out!

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2011, 10:50 AM
I got a call from Mrs UltraMarginal as she'd noticed the update on her twitterphone at about 5 or 10 to 9, just as I was parking the car at work. running upstairs and messaging at the same time is harder than it sounds.:D

I had to go through the registration process 3 times, as the response from the website was so slow that it was timing out before I got to the last step. And my work internet is throttled. On the second and third go, only the wednesday custom class was available.

I managed to get it but gees, it was stressful.

So, I'm in for the custom Figure class and both my wife and I are going to Six flags.:cool:

I hope I messaged you all fast enough.

Saintly
22nd March 2011, 10:52 AM

Apparently you need to log in to TFCC first (if you haven't done so) before heading to the rego link

KillinSpoon
22nd March 2011, 10:56 AM
I haven't received a confirmation email yet, hopefully it was denied anyway...

griffin
22nd March 2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks ultramarginal for the txt message. Best alarm clock I've ever had.

And damn... another Aussie got into the customising class. One of these years I am gonna get into one, but I keep missing out on the years that I have a free day (this year and last year). For someone who goes to more BotCons than most, I keep missing things I really want to get into (like the 2007 Hasbro tour... grumble grumble).

Demonac
22nd March 2011, 11:03 AM
I've just emailed them to sort it out, as I finalized everything.
And that 2007 Hasbro tour was pretty sweet.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 11:04 AM
Apparently you need to log in to TFCC first (if you haven't done so) before heading to the rego link

It asked me to log in with my membership name and password first, then went through the registration screen... which I thought was odd, because how would non-members get past it.
But as Saintly said, if you hadn't already paid for your order, go back and log into the club site, then redo it. I'm sure you'll be chasing up the refund, but it might take a while with this being such a busy day for them.

I haven't received a confirmation email yet, hopefully it was denied anyway...

Confirmation emails can take a few days, as each order needs to be visually verified before being processed. If you contact them before that occurs, you may avoid any cancellation fees.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 11:12 AM
I sent them a message about the fax-in form link not working, and they've fixed that now too.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 11:16 AM
That was fast - I just got email confirmation of my order, covering everything except the HOF event (which was ordered later).

Golden Phoenix
22nd March 2011, 11:39 AM
Ugh... the Credit card I gave them didn't work.
I'll have to call them tomorrow or tonight to see if I can fix it up.
You think they would have something online for that.....

Sleeve
22nd March 2011, 11:41 AM
Twitter announcement that they're already 50% sold out of both Primus and non-attending Iacon packages, and they've made more sets than ever this year.

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2011, 12:06 PM
That was fast - I just got email confirmation of my order, covering everything except the HOF event (which was ordered later).

yea I just got my rego confirmed at 11.53. didn't expect that today.

loophole
22nd March 2011, 12:13 PM
only just found out, didnt get any texts and now the website isnt letting me in :(

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2011, 12:19 PM
only just found out, didnt get any texts and now the website isnt letting me in :(

So sorry dude, thought I'd txted you this morning.

it took ages for me to get into the site, so give it time to load. best of luck.

loophole
22nd March 2011, 12:24 PM
yes got in couldnt order any of the clothes though hopefully i can get some there

loophole
22nd March 2011, 12:25 PM
So sorry dude, thought I'd txted you this morning.

it took ages for me to get into the site, so give it time to load. best of luck.

i am in bali atm so might take extra time to get to me ???:confused:

Doubledealer
22nd March 2011, 12:29 PM
Twitter announcement that they're already 50% sold out of both Primus and non-attending Iacon packages, and they've made more sets than ever this year.

"This is why I hate machines." [looks at Hasbro drone that cancelled TFA] "Certain machines more than others." —Captain Fanzone

Good luck with the website people, am I still in on your bro's order Loopy or should I order a boxed set myself?

Ultra Streak
22nd March 2011, 12:48 PM
Can someone tell me if they charged shipping on top of the $315 and admin fee for the non attending package? and how much please?

griffin
22nd March 2011, 12:50 PM
I sent you a txt and email too Loophole. I contacted everyone on the alert list, that hadn't already contacted me.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble registering. Maybe their system is just too over-loaded (and this is considered a small convention). If you miss out on any extras, you can add to your order by selecting 'no package', but you'll be paying an extra $6 processing fee.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 12:59 PM
Can someone tell me if they charged shipping on top of the $315 and admin fee for the non attending package? and how much please?

Perhaps someone who got a non-attendee set last year can answer this for you, but I thought they might charge an additional shipping fee to foreign destinations.
I could be wrong though.

KillinSpoon
22nd March 2011, 02:28 PM

Taken from the FAQ (http://www.botcon.com/botcon2011/bc11faq.cfm);
"Question: Does the Iacon (non-attending) package include shipping, or is it extra?
Answer: Yes, if you register before the cut off date which is about 2-3 weeks before the convention."

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd March 2011, 02:41 PM
Hold the phone, I just got charged for shipping. And I did last year as well... 2-3 weeks before th convention and they won't have any left.

Yeh, its $52 on top of the per box set. Box set is $315, $210 for the loose , $6 processing and $52 postage. All Us dollars

Free shipping must be to addresses in the us. typical.

jaydisc
22nd March 2011, 03:02 PM

Weird. I'm the reverse. I got member pricing for my non-member Iacon.

Ultra Streak
22nd March 2011, 03:36 PM
Just registered, I was freaking out that I wouldn't get there in time. Did anyone else order a shirt?

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2011, 03:47 PM
Just registered, I was freaking out that I wouldn't get there in time. Did anyone else order a shirt?

I was going to wait till I got there, I have no idea what american sizing is like. I read somewhere though that pre-orders for the shirts are already sold.
I'm hoping they do som emore orders before the con, so they have excess stock on the floor. the pre-order may have been a way to gauge interest.

Tetsuwan Convoy
22nd March 2011, 03:48 PM

IMpulse buy!! Just like chocolates at the supermarket!!!

SUrely they would have enough sets for a couple of days. Normally the sets don't sell out until later, rarely on the first day.

CHILENO20
22nd March 2011, 04:02 PM
I got a call from Mrs UltraMarginal as she'd noticed the update on her twitterphone at about 5 or 10 to 9, just as I was parking the car at work. running upstairs and messaging at the same time is harder than it sounds.:D

I had to go through the registration process 3 times, as the response from the website was so slow that it was timing out before I got to the last step. And my work internet is throttled. On the second and third go, only the wednesday custom class was available.

I managed to get it but gees, it was stressful.

So, I'm in for the custom Figure class and both my wife and I are going to Six flags.:cool:

I hope I messaged you all fast enough.

u got in too to the wednesday one? sweet, i did as well, but ill be cutting it close as some of the ppl here know already. ill b really lucky to get there by 9.00am coz of my flight. the club has not given me a straight answer as yet but can u ask them for me that i'll b on my way please? six flags is gonna b a blast, 1st time there.

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2011, 04:18 PM
u got in too to the wednesday one? sweet, i did as well, but ill be cutting it close as some of the ppl here know already. ill b really lucky to get there by 9.00am coz of my flight. the club has not given me a straight answer as yet but can u ask them for me that i'll b on my way please? six flags is gonna b a blast, 1st time there.

I'll see what I can do, perhaps PM me your booking details so when I say I know a guy who's coming along they don't think I'm just being a pain in the arse.
If you're going to have an active phone there perhaps give me those details too, then if it looks like they are getting really tight I might be able to call you to see where you're at assuming I have a phone that works over there, haven't figured that part out yet.

griffin
22nd March 2011, 04:42 PM
I've heard that they are pretty strict about it, because it is a step by step class, so don't have the time to go back to the beginning for late-comers.
Just make sure you get a good taxi-driver, who understands english, and is willing to floor it...

CHILENO20
22nd March 2011, 05:08 PM
well im latino so the language aint gonna b a problem, lol, but im still lookin into renting a car and im gonna be punching the gas all the way, just gonna need the red bull as soon as i land. any which way though, its all still gonna b a blast! sooo looking foward to it!!:D

griffin
22nd March 2011, 07:09 PM
I was thinking of the more unusual languages... like last year I got into a cab, and told him where I wanted to go, and it wasn't until we started driving off did I start to worry about his strong Russian accent. Then realised when he got lost, that he was relying on a really old street directory. No Sat-Nav - it has been a while since I got into an AUS cab that didn't have one.

It might be messy trying to organise a rental car later, but I really recommend getting a taxi (because you could just hop in one as soon as you walk out the terminal, and hop straight out at the hotel), unless your flight gets in really early. Otherwise, be aware that you will need to find where the car rental place is, get to it, get yourself processed and paid, then you get driven to the lot (the rental cars are about 5-10 minutes off-site), and you'll need to study the route to Pasadena beforehand so you don't get lost, and see where you can park your car so you don't have to walk far.

It reminds me a bit of my first Botcon, arriving just in time for pre-reg pickup, standing in line with my bag, all scruffy from almost a day of travelling.
I don't envy you... I'd have so much adrenalin in my system trying to race to the customising class, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands from shaking to properly cut, paint and construct the toy...
Should be fun. :p

CHILENO20
22nd March 2011, 07:49 PM
I was thinking of the more unusual languages... like last year I got into a cab, and told him where I wanted to go, and it wasn't until we started driving off did I start to worry about his strong Russian accent. Then realised when he got lost, that he was relying on a really old street directory. No Sat-Nav - it has been a while since I got into an AUS cab that didn't have one.

It might be messy trying to organise a rental car later, but I really recommend getting a taxi (because you could just hop in one as soon as you walk out the terminal, and hop straight out at the hotel), unless your flight gets in really early. Otherwise, be aware that you will need to find where the car rental place is, get to it, get yourself processed and paid, then you get driven to the lot (the rental cars are about 5-10 minutes off-site), and you'll need to study the route to Pasadena beforehand so you don't get lost, and see where you can park your car so you don't have to walk far.

It reminds me a bit of my first Botcon, arriving just in time for pre-reg pickup, standing in line with my bag, all scruffy from almost a day of travelling.
I don't envy you... I'd have so much adrenalin in my system trying to race to the customising class, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands from shaking to properly cut, paint and construct the toy...

:D, lol, well it wasnt exactly how i had it planned, especially since i booked my tickets last year. but i guess u may be right on that, i can get the car later or the next day. any idea how much a taxi fare will be?

iceburn
22nd March 2011, 08:45 PM
thanks giff for leaving a PM....

I've made an order for a box and loose set with a tee.
If anyone wants the loose set (to be sent from Singapore), lmk... else it'll be up on ebay when I get the toys :P

UltraMarginal
22nd March 2011, 08:47 PM

What he said.:)

I think you'll find a taxi will be around $50, but probably worth it not to miss out on a day of customising.

popculturepooka
22nd March 2011, 09:33 PM
Ordered an Iacon Package. Hopefully it works out ok.

CHILENO20
22nd March 2011, 10:38 PM
What he said.:)

I think you'll find a taxi will be around $50, but probably worth it not to miss out on a day of customising.

I hope so, just checked on the net, $100, WTF?? are you kidding me????:mad: melbourne cbd to tullamarine is only $50 odd! maybe if i give $70 they will be happy. If anyone has any ideas, nows the time, looking into maybe coming a day earlier, gotta call 2morrow.

Demonac
22nd March 2011, 10:46 PM
I recall it being about $70 or $80 in '09.
It is a fair drive though, as Pasadena isn't what you'd call close to the airport.

Sleeve
22nd March 2011, 11:34 PM
Last time it was in Pasadena they offered a shuttle service from the airport, and it was ridiculously cheap compared to a taxi. It's not a short drive. The link was on the Botcon site then, but I don't recall seeing it yet.

Autocon
23rd March 2011, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the text alert Griffin. Had to excuse myself from a meeting :o.

oh what excuse did u use?:p

UltraMarginal
23rd March 2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the text alert Griffin. Had to excuse myself from a meeting :o

This I gotta hear, I got funny looks when I rushed into work not saying hello to anyone and went straight for the computer to the interwebs.

UltraMarginal
23rd March 2011, 06:19 AM
I hope so, just checked on the net, $100, WTF?? are you kidding me????:mad: melbourne cbd to tullamarine is only $50 odd! maybe if i give $70 they will be happy. If anyone has any ideas, nows the time, looking into maybe coming a day earlier, gotta call 2morrow.

it could be that much, if you can shift your flight I'd do it just for sanity's sake.

Paulbot
23rd March 2011, 09:41 AM
Last time it was in Pasadena they offered a shuttle service from the airport, and it was ridiculously cheap compared to a taxi. It's not a short drive. The link was on the Botcon site then, but I don't recall seeing it yet.

From the BotCon PDF brochure:

"Discounted airport transfer rates are available through Super Shuttle. Go
to SuperShuttle.com to arrange for your transfers. Our rate is 15% off
published fares, but you must make an advance reservation. Use priority
code RB3FY."

I'll be doing that. In 2009 I made my way from LAX to Pasadena by train. What a loooonnnng trip that was!

Nothing dramatic, just asked if I really had to attend the meeting I was supposed to go and was told I could miss it. :o

Sleeve
23rd March 2011, 10:28 AM
Loose sets are already sold out.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
23rd March 2011, 10:40 AM
Botcon T-shirt design

Link (http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=15374&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Golden Phoenix
23rd March 2011, 10:42 AM
Sigh...

Got up at 5 so I could call their office to straighten out the problem the online application had.

No answer. Tried a couple of times.
Went back to bed and now I check online to find that they turned the phones off.....

WTF. They say to call and then they turn the phones off......how dumb could you get?

Tetsuwan Convoy
23rd March 2011, 11:54 AM
Just recieved an email about an update to registration.

We have turned the phones off in order to prepare for GIJoeCon which is next week at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel.

??? Shouldn't they be concentrating on the job they are doing NOW? i.e Botcon? I think they are trying to juggle too many things at once. A little bit of better organisation would have avoided them having to do this.

Every year it's a mad mad rush to get this registration thing done. One would think by now they would have a better way of doing it:rolleyes:

Paulbot
23rd March 2011, 12:15 PM
Every year it's a mad mad rush to get this registration thing done. One would think by now they would have a better way of doing it:rolleyes:
At least it's actually online registration now, that took them longer than it should have.

But yes, turning the phones off seems rather rude.

I got my email confirmation this morning so I'm happy about that.

Demonac
23rd March 2011, 12:20 PM
I also got my confirmation...now for the refund of the non membership price (x3).

iceburn
23rd March 2011, 12:54 PM
Botcon updates:

As we near the first 24 hours of registration here is your update:
We have now installed a new feature so that you can purchase Hall of Fame Event tickets, Tours and Souvenirs (or additional Souvenirs).
Instructions:
1. Go to BotCon.com and click on the registration button. Then click on register now. Then click on use online registration system.
2. Log in with your club log in and start your registration. Choose Registrant, click continue. Then choose Attending -yes or no. If you need multiple tickets for the HOF event, tell the system you are registering that many people (ie. 2 if you need 2). Put the names of the people, ages and screen names, and phone on the next screen and continue.
3. On the package page pick <XXXX No Choice - Use for adding tours, souvenirs...>. This will get you past this screen.
4. Then select the Tours, Souvenirs, or HOF event tickets you need and check out! The $6 fee will not show up on your final invoice.
###
Also, please note for the hats and T-Shirts, click the check box and wait until the box shows qty of one. Then you can change the qty from 1-10.
###
We are sold out of the loose sets, however, as we go through some of the duplicate invoices, some may come back into inventory as those invoices are deleted. Please do not ask us to hold these for you as we cannot. There are no duplicate invoices with classes on them. Both classes are sold out as well.
###
We have turned the phones off in order to prepare for GIJoeCon which is next week at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel.
If you have any questions, please use the links provided at BotCon.com or TransformersClub.com and we will try to get to as many as possible. We are extremely busy right now.

loophole
23rd March 2011, 01:23 PM
Good luck with the website people, am I still in on your bro's order Loopy or should I order a boxed set myself?

yep both my brother and myself have registered with loose sets as well as the primus package and when we got on the HoF night was in the registration so going to that as well probably should of gone to the 6 flags as well but didnt have time to talk it over with my brother

just waiting on confirmation now

Doubledealer
23rd March 2011, 08:40 PM
yep both my brother and myself have registered with loose sets as well as the primus package and when we got on the HoF night was in the registration so going to that as well probably should of gone to the 6 flags as well but didnt have time to talk it over with my brother

just waiting on confirmation now

Oh yeeeeah. :D Good news my friend, very good news indeed!

CHILENO20
23rd March 2011, 11:33 PM
it could be that much, if you can shift your flight I'd do it just for sanity's sake.

looked into switchin the flight, bout $250, no way. but the site does say it gives me 15 minutes leeway. so im gonna follow griffin's advice n get a taxi, for a once in a lifetime opportunity, its worth the $100. ive looked into public transport but ill use that as a last resort. sum ppl say there are shuttles from pasadena to lax but i havent seen any. does any1 have any other ideas?? :confused:

Paulbot
23rd March 2011, 11:37 PM
The public transport (by train) trip from LAX to Pasadena took me several hours in 2009. I posted this morning the details of the airport shuttle than you can get a discount on. It's in the Botcon brochure.

If you're not willing to change your flight I think you will miss the class. :( :o But good luck trying!

popculturepooka
24th March 2011, 12:11 AM
Been over 24 hours since I registered and ordered an Iacon Package. Still no confirmation email. Feels bad man.

CHILENO20
24th March 2011, 12:26 AM
The public transport (by train) trip from LAX to Pasadena took me several hours in 2009. I posted this morning the details of the airport shuttle than you can get a discount on. It's in the Botcon brochure.

If you're not willing to change your flight I think you will miss the class. :( :o But good luck trying!

flight lands at 7.20am, customs bout an hr (there abouts), class starts at 9.00am, have til 9.15am to get in, if i book the transport i should make it. thanks for the help, greatly appreciated! ive been lucky with stuff before so hey!:D

iceburn
24th March 2011, 02:12 AM
Been over 24 hours since I registered and ordered an Iacon Package. Still no confirmation email. Feels bad man.

i've got my confirmation email already

UltraMarginal
24th March 2011, 08:56 AM

they do say to allow up to 2 days. don't start sweating it yet

Paulbot
24th March 2011, 09:04 AM
flight lands at 7.20am, customs bout an hr (there abouts), class starts at 9.00am, have til 9.15am to get in, if i book the transport i should make it. thanks for the help, greatly appreciated! ive been lucky with stuff before so hey!:D

You're going to need a little energon and a lot of luck.

You are gambling on a lot of things that often fail working perfectly.
* Flight being on time
* Custom/immigrations going smoothly
* Baggage claim being quick
* The booked taxi being there
* LA rush hour traffic (some of the slowest in the world)

Might I suggest you contact them and let them know there's a chance you might not make it (due to traffic) and that if you can't you nominate Griffin to go in your place?

loophole
24th March 2011, 09:53 AM
just got my email confirmation :D

Golden Phoenix
24th March 2011, 10:15 AM
Iacon packs are sold out apparently.

And I never heard back from them.
Tried the phones again just incase. Didn't get any answer.

So my order is sitting there without a pack attached because there was some problem with my credit card and there was no way to say try this card instead.

So now I miss out. And will probably cop a $25 prossesing fee for an order that wasn't processed.

So Thank you Fan Pub for screwing me around.

Golden Phoenix
24th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Alright. Time for plan B

Is it possible for people actually attending to get 2 Primus sets?
If so, is it possible to have one added to their order later on?

Paulbot
24th March 2011, 12:33 PM
The FAQ is a bit unclear to me

Question: For the free attendee figure that Primus package holders pick up at registration, is it one per package or one per person?
Answer: Primus package holders will receive one free attendee figure for every Primus package they order. So, if an individual buys two Primus packages, they will receive two free attendee figures.

Question: Are we allowed to buy more than one primus package per membership or is there a limit of one per person?
Answer: Yes...you can purchase more than one as well as purchase one loose set per boxed set you buy. You only get one name badge at the convention even if you have multiple sets.

Question: Do both members of our party need to be present to pick up packages or can one member pick up both?
Answer: You can only pick up someone else's package if they are your spouse or child and you have the spouse's drivers license. This is so entire families don't have to wait in line.

Question: If I purchase a Primus package and cannot attend, would it be possible for a family member to pick up my package as well as the attending figure?
Answer: No. You must be there in person.

I think this means you can order multiple Primus packages for yourself but you get one name badge. Or you can order multiple packages and name badges but you can only pick up the your namebadge unless the other person is our spouse and you have their ID (which I figure is what Demonac does).

So it seems when you register to attend you could order multiple Primus packages, but can you go back and add on another Primus package is the question?

I want to help, but I don't want to risk my own registration by going back in and mucking around with it. :(

Golden Phoenix
24th March 2011, 12:57 PM
I think this means you can order multiple Primus packages for yourself but you get one name badge. Or you can order multiple packages and name badges but you can only pick up the your namebadge unless the other person is our spouse and you have their ID (which I figure is what Demonac does).

So it seems when you register to attend you could order multiple Primus packages, but can you go back and add on another Primus package is the question?

I want to help, but I don't want to risk my own registration by going back in and mucking around with it. :(

I took out of it you can order as many as you want, but you only get 1 name badge. If you want another name badge you need to have someone else.

Do you think if you just registered again you would get 2 boxes and 1 badge?
I suppose that's something worth emailing them about.....

Paulbot
24th March 2011, 01:05 PM
I took out of it you can order as many as you want, but you only get 1 name badge. If you want another name badge you need to have someone else.

Do you think if you just registered again you would get 2 boxes and 1 badge?
I suppose that's something worth emailing them about.....

I think that runs the risk of missing out on the tours/tshirt/loose-set I ordered and have had confirmed.

griffin
24th March 2011, 02:29 PM
You're going to need a little energon and a lot of luck.

You are gambling on a lot of things that often fail working perfectly.
* Flight being on time
* Custom/immigrations going smoothly
* Baggage claim being quick
* The booked taxi being there
* LA rush hour traffic (some of the slowest in the world)

Might I suggest you contact them and let them know there's a chance you might not make it (due to traffic) and that if you can't you nominate Griffin to go in your place?

Registrations aren't transferable... so they won't let people in their place (unless it says otherwise in the FAQ). And they have always been very strict about shutting out people who are late. If it were me, and I actually had the option to change my $1500-2000 flight to an earlier day for (only) $250, I'd do it. Since you'll be paying about $100 for the taxi fare (which you could end up spending and still miss out on the class), for a toy that will be worth over a Grand on ebay after the convention... due to there only being 50 in existence. Then you have to chase up a hire car from somewhere later anyway, so the difference is really only $150 extra to guarantee access to the class.
But that's just me, who seems to have enough bad luck to know that I'd never have a chance at getting there in time.

Alright. Time for plan B

Is it possible for people actually attending to get 2 Primus sets?
If so, is it possible to have one added to their order later on?

Yes... Buried in the Pre-order Wants topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10261):

Attendees can buy more than one Primus package (within reason), and get the attendee figure with each set. I bought 3 last year for me and two others, and got 3 attendee figures.The only things you don't get multiples of are the door-prize tickets and name badge.
If they sold out of non-attendee packs after just one day, you'd better be quick finding someone willing to do this for you.

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th March 2011, 06:18 PM

It does take a while, I only just received my confirmation today.

Saintly
29th March 2011, 10:30 PM
hopefully everyone that is going has registered because they've sold out of the rego!

jaydisc
13th July 2011, 03:09 PM
OK. I got my Iacon Box and Bagged sets today. Unfortunately, they were packed in the box with only one thin layer of bubble wrap around each, and the bagged set as put a lot of pressure making quite a significant dent in the top of my box set box. As Krayt reminded me over chat, there was an option for extra bubble wrap for $3. I don't remember if I chose this, and I don't see it on my receipt or packing slip.

Did anyone else definitely choose or not choose that option, and what was your resulting postage cost? I'm trying to find out if it was built into the charge or I just didn't choose it.

My invoiced shipping charge for Box & Bagged set is $52

Ta

Krayt
13th July 2011, 06:06 PM
Mine was 52 as well, but no mention of bubble wrap. Botcon orders are processed differently to club orders, and it's club orders that allow extra bubblewrap for 3 dollars, then your shipping price has a teeny tiny disclaimer in brackets saying its included.

iceburn
17th July 2011, 06:14 PM
Mine's $52 as well and i dont think there's any option to have it bubblewrapped.
My loose set came bubblewrapped and the boxset is fine.

Did everyone have a botcon pin this time round. i was surprised to see it pined to the invoice inside the box

STL
17th July 2011, 06:18 PM
Hrm, I still haven't received mine yet

Krayt
17th July 2011, 06:51 PM
Mine's $52 as well and i dont think there's any option to have it bubblewrapped.
My loose set came bubblewrapped and the boxset is fine.

Did everyone have a botcon pin this time round. i was surprised to see it pined to the invoice inside the box

instead of first 100 pins, this year was a "first day" pin

Krayt
19th July 2011, 07:03 PM
Well it only took 17 days.... but my Botcon stuffs finally arrived in australia....

STL
19th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Well it only took 17 days.... but my Botcon stuffs finally arrived in australia....

hah! so I shouldn't be too far behind.

And for some reason, it seems I'm always playing second fiddle to u these days!

swoop
19th July 2011, 07:48 PM

I just checked and mine and it has cleared customs aswell. It feels like I've been waiting forever for these