View Full Version : Beast Wars: Spittor TM2

Autocon
24th March 2011, 03:16 AM
Series - Beast Wars
Sub-line - Transmetal 2
Size/class - Basic
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - Yes
Approximate Retail Price - $9 - $16(do have recipts but eh)
Approximate Size -
Allegiance - Predacon
Alt-mode - Poison Frog
Main Features/Gimmicks - ?
Main Colours - Blue Purple some Green
Main Accessories - Tongue/Club

A clone of basic spittor? I like this mold. Articulation is good with legs going in all directions. Bot mode is good also but his hands look out of place. Like the colours. Transformation is interesting given he his a basic. Has a club type weapon. Also has a claw weapon on sholuder or back in beast mode. Reminds me of toad from xmen:p

8/10

Autocon
24th March 2011, 03:34 AM
you can change the french option to: I spit on this mold:p like spit on his grave saying if it offends the french:o

Hursticon
26th March 2011, 03:22 PM
I love this figure! :D
The colouring is awesome in both modes, the Alt mode is a stunning representation of a frog and with superb articulation for a Basic figure which translates to a Bot mode that is equally awesome in articulation and a cool Hunched look.
The only thing I could never figure out with him though is his weird shoulder-mounted trident-come 3 pronged claw thingy!?! - What the hell is that thing? :confused:

An awesome figure and a well designed and engineered successor to the original and TM Spittor. ;):cool:

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2011, 07:11 PM
The funny thing for me and Spittor, was that I got each version is "reverse" order. I bought TM2 Spittor as soon as I found it in stores. Then I got TM Spittor through a trade with a UK Transfan. And only recently did I actually get the original Spittor! :D The hunch back gives him that Quasimodo look. ;)

The only thing I could never figure out with him though is his weird shoulder-mounted trident-come 3 pronged claw thingy!?! - What the hell is that thing?
Back scratcher. :p It is a pretty useless weapon. Even his Car Robot/RiD counterpart Gusshar (Slapper) didn't really use it (they made him shoot out of his Spark crystal (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/a/ac/Sky-Byte_Saves_the_Day_Slapper.jpg) instead). Having said that, TM2 Spittor's tongue does become a melee weapon which is cool -- something that original and TM Spittor don't have.

This is one rare incident where I actually prefer the Transmetal 2 version over the previous versions. :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th April 2011, 03:36 PM
Just got him loose sans tongue...he's pretty fun.

LordCyrusOmega
30th April 2011, 03:42 PM
Mines also missing the tongue. Incredibly hard to find.
Like the design of it though the arms are odd.
Forget about the claw weapon
Great colours

Autocon
30th April 2011, 09:23 PM
Mines also missing the tongue. Incredibly hard to find.
Like the design of it though the arms are odd.
Forget about the claw weapon
Great colours

I like claw weapon! Only if it reached the other side lol. Mine has tongue cough*

hard to find with tongue? rubs hands

GoktimusPrime
1st May 2011, 01:42 AM
You're not missing out on much if you're missing the tongue weapon. Don't lose any sleep over it. ;)

LordCyrusOmega
1st May 2011, 11:17 AM
You're not missing out on much if you're missing the tongue weapon. Don't lose any sleep over it. ;)

But he's not compleeete! If the others gang up on him all he has is his claw thingy to fight them and thy always laugh when he tries to use it

GoktimusPrime
1st May 2011, 11:37 AM
Cos licking them is so much more dignified. :p You could imagine him shooting lasers out of his spark crystal like CR Gusshar (RiD Slapper) did in the cartoon. :D

Range weapons > melee weapons ;)

LordCyrusOmega
1st May 2011, 11:44 AM
There's a certain poetry in hitting your enemies ove the head with an oversized tongue club

Ode to a Grasshopper
1st May 2011, 01:29 PM
Meh, he's fine sans tongue. It doesn't store that well or add much to the figure IMO.

I was playing around with him last night, thanks to the combination of an opening mouth and extreme poseability he can be posed to look like he's singing in frog mode - which goes surprisingly well with TM2 Cheetor's 'oh behave' non-rotating left hand.:D :rolleyes:
Pics coming if/when I can be bothered.

tjparkside
8th May 2011, 04:16 AM
one of my fav non show characters/figures especially the robot mode..
i like the shoulder weapon,the proportions & the colors of this figure.
well worth buying!