PDA

View Full Version : Hub Reveals 2012 Plans - NEW TransFormers Cartoon!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th March 2011, 04:39 AM
SOURCE (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/hub-reveals-2012-plans---tf-prime-returns-and-transformers-rescue-bots-receives-a-tv-series-171764/)

Official Description of the TV Series:
“Rescue Bots” (Hub Original Series, working title)
Inspired by the iconic “Transformers” brand, a group of Autobots, too young to protect humanity alongside Optimus Prime and his team, are partnered with a close-knit human family of first responders. Together, they learn teamwork and heroism alongside their new human friends in this animated series produced by Hasbro Studios.

griffin
25th March 2011, 04:55 AM
Both US and AU Toyfair had those toys on display, under the Playskool banner... so we shouldn't expect this to be a cartoon for us grown-ups.
(then again, it might be more colourful and 'fun' than the dark, morbid Prime cartoon)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th March 2011, 05:00 AM
Along the lines of Marvel's Super Hero Squad Show??? or even younger?

Bartrim
25th March 2011, 07:35 AM
Seems like a good, less violent way to introduce my kids to Transformers. I'm all for it.:)

primatives
25th March 2011, 08:53 AM
grrh!! Everytime I hear of a new TF cartoon I hope for something along G1, or at least a classicsverse version! I must say if it wasn't for G1 toys and Classicsverse TF's and cartoons released on DVD I would have stopped getting into Transformers along time ago. IMO every other TF cartoon releaseded sucks! Beast Wars and Beast Machines was ok. But G1 all the way!! I am very biased towards G1. If they made cartoons with better animation like Don's drawings in the ongoing Dreamwave comics that would be insane!! I know I'm dreaming. A cartoon targeted at the old school collectors would be cool! But I guess Hasbro target market are the kids and I'm much older now hahah!!

I've always had this thought in my head IF i was ever wealthy in the future with money to burn I'd consider making a TF cartoon for fans to enjoy kind of like what the 3rd parties do for toys hehe.

Paulbot
25th March 2011, 09:25 AM
This Optimus Prime is the most G1 looking Prime to be in a cartoon since G1 (except for cameos). Of those toys I'd be tempted by that cute transforming Prime. The helicopter and bulldozer look not bad either in an Animated style.

But clearly everyone on this board is not in the target audience for this particular cartoon, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy it for what it is.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th March 2011, 09:56 AM
I wonder if it will have cute versions of Megatron and Starscream or will the Autobots be fighting fires, fixing traffic jams and fixing buildings

KillinSpoon
25th March 2011, 10:10 AM
This looks to be like one of those really childish tv shows that everyone watches but doesn't want to admit it, haha.

ITZTRU
25th March 2011, 10:33 AM
grrh!! Everytime I hear of a new TF cartoon I hope for something along G1, or at least a classicsverse version! I must say if it wasn't for G1 toys and Classicsverse TF's and cartoons released on DVD I would have stopped getting into Transformers along time ago. IMO every other TF cartoon releaseded sucks! Beast Wars and Beast Machines was ok. But G1 all the way!! I am very biased towards G1. If they made cartoons with better animation like Don's drawings in the ongoing Dreamwave comics that would be insane!! I know I'm dreaming. A cartoon targeted at the old school collectors would be cool! But I guess Hasbro target market are the kids and I'm much older now hahah!!

I'm exactly the same. Except for your thoughts on Beast Wars. I couldn't even get into THAT, as much as I tried.

griffin
25th March 2011, 01:45 PM
I wonder if it will have cute versions of Megatron and Starscream or will the Autobots be fighting fires, fixing traffic jams and fixing buildings

I didn't see any sign of Decepticons, so is likely to be Autobots dealing with Human related problems. I think the Playskool Go-Bots were the same, but with some 'naughty' Autobots causing occasional mischief.

i_amtrunks
25th March 2011, 05:00 PM
Great idea, seeing as how popular the marvel super squad program is with the young (and not so young) audience.

Could easily see myself picking up some of those figures for family members, and for myself.

Fo a series meant to be based around bots not fighting alongside Prime and co in the big battles, these sure look like prime, ratchet, bee and Prowl to me... :D

5FDP
25th March 2011, 10:58 PM
Cool... Transformers Animated meets Wonder Pets :p It's a good excuse to get my son into collecting Transformers.

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2011, 09:28 AM
Both US and AU Toyfair had those toys on display, under the Playskool banner... so we shouldn't expect this to be a cartoon for us grown-ups.
(then again, it might be more colourful and 'fun' than the dark, morbid Prime cartoon)

Along the lines of Marvel's Super Hero Squad Show??? or even younger?
I reckon it'll be like the Transformers Go-Bots cartoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHvBr0F9YUk). Some of the characters there appear to be based on pre-existing Play Skool Transformers.
i.e.:
Fire Engine = Rescue Roy
Police Car = Policeman Pete
Helicopter = Charlie Chopper
The other characters look like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

IMO every other TF cartoon releaseded sucks! Beast Wars and Beast Machines was ok.
Beast Wars wasn't okay - it was freakin' awesome! :D Beast Machines was disappointing though. :(

As griffin said, it'll probably be like the Transformers Gobots cartoon where there are simply "naughty" Transformers who misbehave, not because of any malice intent, but because they're careless... and the other Transformers come along to help them learn how to behave properly. :)

But yeah, adults and even primary school aged kids aren't the target market here... this line would be for pre-school/kindy/infants school aged kids. My 21 month year old daughter loves playing with my PlaySkool Transformers. She won't touch any of the other Transformers in my TF room, but she's really loves playing with the Play Skool TFs. As I'm typing this she's playing with Charlie Chopper. ;)

Fonecrusher
26th March 2011, 10:52 AM

I've always had this thought in my head IF i was ever wealthy in the future with money to burn I'd consider making a TF cartoon for fans to enjoy kind of like what the 3rd parties do for toys hehe.

You hit the nail on the head friend, I would love a G1 cartoon animated in the style of the recent IDW stuff, with storylines inspired from the old Marvel Comics or the more recent IDW ones.

As for this new preschool show, it's really not my cup of tea but then again I guess we really aren't the target audience for it, so I can't fault Hasbro for trying to actually make a kid's show for little kids!

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2011, 06:55 PM
You hit the nail on the head friend, I would love a G1 cartoon animated in the style of the recent IDW stuff, with storylines inspired from the old Marvel Comics or the more recent IDW ones.
I wish Hasbro would make something like G.I. Joe Resolute for Transformers. For those who don't know, G.I. Joe Resolute was a short series of ten 5-minute episodes with the last episode being 10 minute long. These episodes were streamed directly off Hasbro's official G.I. Joe web site, then combined into an hour long movie aired on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

It was a series written for adults - a short mini series of 5 minute eps, so it's relatively in expensive compared to a full length syndicated series of 13 or 26 25-minute eps. If it worked for G.I. Joe then I don't see why it can't work for Transformers.

sanbot
27th March 2011, 10:35 AM
They're so cute and I'm not ashamed to say that I'd probably watch it :D

GoktimusPrime
27th March 2011, 10:41 AM
Transformers Go-Bots was a pretty cute series -- and there are adult fans of that line too (http://www.gobotsarepurelove.com/). My main complaint with it is the poor animation quality.

FFN
27th March 2011, 02:29 PM
Something not mentioned in that press release is that GI Joe Renegades has been put on hiatus and will not be returning next year. New episodes end sometime this year.