PDA

View Full Version : Warpath, Thundercracker, Wheeljack in Oz

Ultra Mackness
25th March 2011, 05:53 AM
First time thread start so mods please move if I'm in the wromg section.

After reading the thread about Big W not stocking new generations tfs I got concerned and emailed hasbro about the latest wave generations and here's the reply I got yesterday:

Hi there,
>>
>> I have been collecting the line of generations and reveal the sheild transformers. I am wondering if you could please tell me if the latest wave containing wheeljack, thundercracker and warpath will be released in Australia, and if so, how soon will they be released?
>>
>> Many thanks,

Hi Michael
>>
>> These items arrived in our warehouse today, but at the moment I cannot tell you which stores they will go to, it depends on store orders.
>>
>> Hasbro Consumer Services
>> T: 1-300-138-697 - custservau@hasbro.com
>> HASBRO AUSTRALIA LIMITED: ABN: 69 004 348 565

So at least they are in Australia:) Now I just have to figure out how to be patient!!

Hursticon
25th March 2011, 05:59 AM
Mickymac, your a legend mate as this will allow quite a few people to breath a sigh of relief, mind you I too need to learn patience with these sorts of things. :p;)

sanbot
25th March 2011, 09:06 AM
Wow Hasbro actually gave a response about specific Transformer toys especially since they weren't able to give me a response about Tracks.

Vector Prime
25th March 2011, 09:15 AM
I find it amazing that Hasbro Australia has received stock of these considering the US market hasn't yet :eek:

KaRNiV8L PRiME
25th March 2011, 09:36 AM
This is surely great news for everyone who does not already have these.

Shirokaze
25th March 2011, 10:37 AM
That's awesome news! I wonder what's happening with the Scourge and Kup waves....

Vector Prime
25th March 2011, 10:53 AM
That's awesome news! I wonder what's happening with the Scourge and Kup waves....

They're part of the same case assortment.

Per case:
2 x Thundercracker
2 x Wheeljack
2 x Warpath
1 x Scourge
1 x Kup

KillinSpoon
25th March 2011, 11:22 AM
Yes! I missed out on the RK order for Warpath.
Man, this is good news.
Thanks for asking mate!

UltraMagnus
25th March 2011, 03:00 PM
I find it amazing that Hasbro Australia has received stock of these considering the US market hasn't yet :eek:

Simple - the delivery time by sea from China to Australia is faster than US.
Expect to see it in the US in the coming 2 weeks. Then they will flood the market.

Vector Prime
25th March 2011, 03:02 PM
Simple - the delivery time by sea from China to Australia is faster than US.
Expect to see it in the US in the coming 2 weeks. Then they will flood the market.

No what I meant is that the Aus market usually is behind the US market in terms of the waves and releases (although there have been exceptions - this probably being one of them)

UltraMagnus
25th March 2011, 03:14 PM
No what I meant is that the Aus market usually is behind the US market in terms of the waves and releases (although there have been exceptions - this probably being one of them)

This means there is probably THOUSANDS of thundercrackers, wheeljacks, kups, warpaths and kups about to hit the stores world wide. eBay will be flooded with them.

Lint
25th March 2011, 03:52 PM

Like that time Australia got wave 1 generations before the entire world as I recall. But yeh, generally we lag.

jaydisc
25th March 2011, 04:31 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Hasbro Australia has a proven track record of inaccuracy and giving quick, dumb answers just so you leave them alone.

GoktimusPrime
25th March 2011, 10:52 PM
Wow Hasbro actually gave a response about specific Transformer toys especially since they weren't able to give me a response about Tracks.

Ditto!! :o Wow... Hasbro actually gave a proper response to a question? Somebody pinch me! Oww! Not literally...

5FDP
25th March 2011, 10:56 PM
Wow, this is interesting news indeed. When I see it, I'll believe it. For now, would someone please pass me the salt.

Fonecrusher
25th March 2011, 11:58 PM
Wow this is great news (if true), now if only Hasbro Australia actually had a online store!:rolleyes:

kristofferrer
26th March 2011, 12:24 PM

Sanbot,
Tracks is actually available in store - check Kmart and Target

Ultra Mackness
27th March 2011, 10:15 AM
I was happy when I got the response I did from hasbro. To be honest I was half expecting them to say the wave had been cancelled for Oz or something like that. I've only ever emailed them once before regarding TRU MP Grimlock, and that time they gave me a straight, accurate response about its arrival time here. I'm holding out hope they're being straight now cos that would mean seeing these in store over the next couple of weeks.

Seraphim Prime
28th March 2011, 11:15 AM
Being a smaller operation in Australia, I don't think Hasbro would intentionally go about lying to customer enquiries, so when they have the info they will readily dispense it.

We get issues when Hasbro Aus doesn't know something, but try to help anyway by giving what info they think is pertinent. (Remember when Hasbro Au said we weren't getting Drift in Universe? Technically true, but was at the time in development, and ultimately released in Generations.)

jaydisc
29th March 2011, 05:10 PM
My favorite was when Hasbro told us that the remaining Movie 1 Premium toys would be sold through www.CaseFresh.com.au:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1914

Every time we asked them about movie premium toys, we got a different response:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1242

"Hopeless" is an understatement.

Vector Prime
15th April 2011, 03:35 PM
3 weeks later... and still no sighting at local retail - either Hasbro was full of it (with their email reply) or they're just really poor at convincing retailers to stock their products (considering most shelves are empty of TF items at the moment) :p

Shirokaze
15th April 2011, 04:39 PM
I've been thinking about this too; with bigw no longer stocking generations and other major retailers kmart and target selling transformers at clearance prices it's not looking too positive. Toyworld has massive stocks of current and old figures already, and if I recall correctly TRU has also had clearance prices on their deluxe range. That leaves us with DJs and Myer... We're screwed.:(

SkyWarp91
16th April 2011, 03:06 PM
Best thing to do now is to shop online, it's not only these Generations figures that seem to be missing, but we did end up skipping Wave 3 Voyagers of HFTD and in SA I can't find PCC W4, W5 for the life of me :(

Don't know if Hasbro's dropped the ball that much before as I'm a new collector but it's damn frustrating!

valkyrie_76
16th April 2011, 04:04 PM
Best thing to do now is to shop online, it's not only these Generations figures that seem to be missing, but we did end up skipping Wave 3 Voyagers of HFTD and in SA I can't find PCC W4, W5 for the life of me :(

Don't know if Hasbro's dropped the ball that much before as I'm a new collector but it's damn frustrating!

And they wonder why we shop online *sigh*

1orion2many
16th April 2011, 04:49 PM
Went looking for PCC in Perth today, what a sobering and depressing sight with almost nothing of any kind on the shelf at all stores. I bought a Gundam instead:o

valkyrie_76
16th April 2011, 04:59 PM
Went looking for PCC in Perth today, what a sobering and depressing sight with almost nothing of any kind on the shelf at all stores. I bought a Gundam instead:o

Was it a clear Gundam :D:D

1orion2many
16th April 2011, 05:18 PM
Was it a clear Gundam :D:D

It came with extra clear panels if I wanted to use them, I think I'll give them to Kyle:D

griffin
16th April 2011, 06:08 PM
The three major stores (Kmart, Target, BigW) no longer stocking non-movie toys isn't Hasbro's fault. It's just bad timing that they cut off those lines just as the last couple waves of Generations arrived in the country (at Hasbro).
It just means other (less competitive) stores will be our only option in this country, and it might take some time as Myer & DJs take a while to restock, while Toyworld is known to over-stock and sit on it for many months. TRU may be the best odds on finding the last five Generations toys domestically (Wheeljack, Kup, Scourge, Thundercracker, Warpath).

kup
16th April 2011, 07:20 PM
The three major stores (Kmart, Target, BigW) no longer stocking non-movie toys isn't Hasbro's fault. It's just bad timing that they cut off those lines just as the last couple waves of Generations arrived in the country (at Hasbro).
It just means other (less competitive) stores will be our only option in this country, and it might take some time as Myer & DJs take a while to restock, while Toyworld is known to over-stock and sit on it for many months. TRU may be the best odds on finding the last five Generations toys domestically (Wheeljack, Kup, Scourge, Thundercracker, Warpath).

still better than nothing.

SharkyMcShark
16th April 2011, 07:28 PM
:( I wanted a Scourge.

Jay-Tron
16th April 2011, 07:58 PM
Yes, the Transformer section in places like Target, Big W have been getting smaller and smaller everytime I check them out. School holidays are in a week or so, maybe they're waiting until then to fill up with new stock so the shelves are all full when families are out and about doing shopping.

GoktimusPrime
16th April 2011, 08:07 PM
I'm hoping to find Warpath, Wheeljack and Scourge in my travels this month... if I haven't found them by time I get back to Australia then I'll probably order online. Here's hoping the online stock won't be depleted by then. :(

Jaisun
16th April 2011, 08:31 PM

Even if they are coming out next year, I can handle that, I just can't stand the uncertainty of their presence in Australia. Was Hasbro bs'ing in the email and we'll miss out if we don't buy online, or was it truth and we just need to wait? That's the question that pesters me. Let's hope it's the latter...

k.wong23
16th April 2011, 09:53 PM
Well my source of ordering from robotkingdom is still depleted in stock. Where is the next best place to order Warpath?

5FDP
16th April 2011, 10:57 PM
The three major stores (Kmart, Target, BigW) no longer stocking non-movie toys isn't Hasbro's fault.

I disagree. Hasbro obviously knew the timing of the movie and would have known that the stores would be more interested in DOTM toys rather than stocking toys that may be shelf-warming (which obviously we know they wouldn't).

griffin
16th April 2011, 11:09 PM
A Hasbro employee that I trust has verified that those items are in their warehouse (because he's currently playing with the ones he bought as an employee). We just have to wait until stock makes its way to the stores... whichever they may be now.

Well my source of ordering from robotkingdom is still depleted in stock. Where is the next best place to order Warpath?

I wouldn't recommend a US source, as they may not even get the last wave in (with Warpath). I pre-ordered over a month ago when they were supposed to be expecting stock at any day, and the release date keeps getting pushed back.

liegeprime
17th April 2011, 12:13 AM

Try woolies, that's where I got my new waves from, nothing but empty shelves in all the other usual stores (Kmart, BigW, Target)

Vector Prime
17th April 2011, 11:29 AM
A Hasbro employee that I trust has verified that those items are in their warehouse (because he's currently playing with the ones he bought as an employee).

I wonder if Hasbro employees have a limit to how many they can buy at staff pricing? ;)

valkyrie_76
17th April 2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/where-are-all-the-new-transformers-hasbro/21322/

SkyWarp91
17th April 2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/where-are-all-the-new-transformers-hasbro/21322/

Very good find Valkyrie_76,

Still pissed off that Hasbro produced the less-desirable figures first and that retailers assume consumers don't want anything new in the first half of the year :(:mad:

But if such toys are in a high demand - can't Hasbro just re-release them later with the DOTM toys?

UltraMagnus
17th April 2011, 05:11 PM
A Hasbro employee that I trust has verified that those items are in their warehouse (because he's currently playing with the ones he bought as an employee). We just have to wait until stock makes its way to the stores... whichever they may be now.

Question is which store? Gotta get one for HD if I find one.

valkyrie_76
17th April 2011, 09:34 PM
Just so glad that Karnival Prime did an order for this awhile ago before all the rubbish happened.

k.wong23
17th April 2011, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the info griffin, will await the stock to arrive in store :)

GoktimusPrime
18th April 2011, 11:05 AM
But if such toys are in a high demand - can't Hasbro just re-release them later with the DOTM toys?

Probably not because Hasbro wouldn't want non-movie TFs to compete with the sales of movie TFs. That's why we never got the Animated Constructicons. (-_-) They might re-release them after DOTM has died down (just as Universe 2.0/Henkei ended when ROTF came along, but Generations/United/RtS came along afterwards). They'll probably call it something else so we can extend the acronym and it'll be something like CHUGHURDHASFOJNTK ;)

liegeprime
18th April 2011, 11:17 AM
well, my pre order with BBTS for the set with Warpath sure aint changing status yet :(:(. Ive already secured United Wheeljack the 3 set I went for to have an alternate version and actually was more for Warpath...hopefully these get released soon.

VERT
18th April 2011, 11:41 AM
I only needed to get Warpath I have the others. So I just hit ebay and got it over with. Dont need the stress of hunting for the one good toy in a sea of movie junk.

heroic_decepticon
19th April 2011, 01:51 AM
Question is which store? Gotta get one for HD if I find one.

That would be much appreciated sir! :D

jaydisc
20th April 2011, 01:38 PM
I just got word from my Hong Kong supplier that he expects Generations W3 2011 to hit over there in August with the following assortment:

2 x Warpath
2 x Wheeljack
2 x Thundercracker
1 x Kup
1 x Scourge

So, it looks like, as expected, Generations will well continue into movie time, and since this is Hong Kong, I'd assume Robot Kingdom has access to the same content, so before anyone goes out and overpays at eBay, I'd relax and hold out for local or Hong Kong.

robwin1974
20th April 2011, 01:43 PM
The online store I use in Perth had his stock of Warpath, Wheeljack and Thundercracker come in last week. I have no idea who his supplier is though.

Vector Prime
20th April 2011, 01:59 PM
I just got word from my Hong Kong supplier that he expects Generations W3 2011 to hit over there in August with the following assortment:

2 x Warpath
2 x Wheeljack
2 x Thundercracker
1 x Kup
1 x Scourge

So, it looks like, as expected, Generations will well continue into movie time, and since this is Hong Kong, I'd assume Robot Kingdom has access to the same content, so before anyone goes out and overpays at eBay, I'd relax and hold out for local or Hong Kong.

The online store I use in Perth had his stock of Warpath, Wheeljack and Thundercracker come in last week. I have no idea who his supplier is though.

Better late than never I suppose (even if it's still four months away).

That case assortment and wave has already received a limited release in the US (and I believe also in HK since RK did have limited numbers of Warpaths available).

BBTS are also slowly fulfilling pre-orders for that case assortment at the moment (a few guys here have received theirs already).

liegeprime
20th April 2011, 02:55 PM
Better late than never I suppose (even if it's still four months away).

That case assortment and wave has already received a limited release in the US (and I believe also in HK since RK did have limited numbers of Warpaths available).

BBTS are also slowly fulfilling pre-orders for that case assortment at the moment (a few guys here have received theirs already).

Yes. hopefully they will indeed continue on... and Hasbro make their own version of Frenzy/Rumble the United one atm is going waaaaaay too expensive and with my dissapointing order from RK cancelled I dont wanna go thru ebay atm.
My BBTS preorder for the 3 figures are just still that on status - pre-order... hmmm
Hoping that there's plenty of these figures come June July in Phils ( like Dec last, last year with Bludgeon figure) that I wont have to worry and mebbe help out by buying for people here.

UltraMagnus
20th April 2011, 03:03 PM
My BBTS preorder for the 3 figures are just still that on status - pre-order... hmmm .

Just a heads up here. I ordered 2 sets of the Warpath case. One case has been shipped and I should recieve it in the coming days. Second order is still saying pre-order. I believe they will be fulfilled.

liegeprime
20th April 2011, 03:09 PM
Just a heads up here. I ordered 2 sets of the Warpath case. One case has been shipped and I should recieve it in the coming days. Second order is still saying pre-order. I believe they will be fulfilled.

Thanks, keeping my fingers crossed... ouch my arthritis!!:o:o

Lint
20th April 2011, 04:09 PM

2 x Warpath
2 x Wheeljack
2 x Thundercracker
1 x Kup
1 x Scourge

Welcome news, and I was expecting as much. :)

gdmetro
20th April 2011, 05:06 PM
I honestly don't know why people were worked up into such a frenzy... Hasbro had stated before that Generations would continue during the year.

Stupid rumors/fan speculation ....

Zippo
20th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Because Hasbro has mentioned time and time again that xyz will continue but then Walmart/Target/TRU etc in the USA decide not to bother and therefore xyz is not released.

As the Warpath case was the last in the line there were grave fears that it would be in limited numbers.

BBTS processed 5 sets of 3 for me today, though haven't touched my case orders, which is annoying. I don't know if I should cancel or continue waiting.

Vector Prime
20th April 2011, 05:35 PM
BBTS processed 5 sets of 3 for me today, though haven't touched my case orders, which is annoying. I don't know if I should cancel or continue waiting.

It seems that they may not have enough cases to go around, so they're just fulfilling the smaller orders first - they weren't able to give me an ETA on my case so I just cancelled it altogether (three Warpaths are enough for me at the moment :D).

Autocon
21st April 2011, 12:06 AM

Really? You order from perth?:confused: Why not in Sydney?

griffin
21st April 2011, 12:35 AM
My BBTS case of those last five just got shipped today too... at US$150 shipped, it works out to be about AU$18.50 each (or a little more for the five I will keep when I sell off or give away the remaining three).

robwin1974
21st April 2011, 02:30 AM
He was a guy I bought a genearations dirge off ebay awhile back when I couldnt find one in Sydney and he mentioned he was setting up an online store. I dont know any one in Sydney who has an online store but he has been fairly reasonable in his pricing and has gotten all the hasbro transformers that I am after

Really? You order from perth?:confused: Why not in Sydney?

liegeprime
21st April 2011, 06:15 AM
hmmm Im guessing that they fill up the orders first for those "for delivery" since mine is Pi;e of loot ON" atm Im guessing they'l fill up mine whenever... I dont wanaa have my stuff delivered just yet. Ive already got a massive charge for postage alone - automatically changed to express - but I wanted to make the most of the delivery and have a few more stuff squeezed in...:D

Vector Prime
21st April 2011, 01:27 PM
Well Warpath has been found at retail in the US (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/kapow-generations-warpath-found-at-retail/21353/)... so hopefully that bodes well for us.

reillyd
22nd April 2011, 12:50 PM
Maybe it would just be a whole lot easier to order the United ones, and get ince paintwork?

liegeprime
22nd April 2011, 11:36 PM
yaya, redeived notice from BBTS, and processed payment as well- my aching Debit VISA :P.... but yeah they finally filled up my order in full. Im still gonna put it hold delivery till I get a lot more figures in heheheeh this will be one big pile when it finally get's delivered:D

UltraMarginal
2nd May 2011, 09:20 AM
yaya, redeived notice from BBTS, and processed payment as well- my aching Debit VISA :P.... but yeah they finally filled up my order in full. Im still gonna put it hold delivery till I get a lot more figures in heheheeh this will be one big pile when it finally get's delivered:D

it's the only way to shop at bbts.

Seraphim Prime
2nd May 2011, 01:08 PM

Yeah - I'm getting close to $800. Gotta stop soon, or I'll incur import taxes! :P