PDA

View Full Version : Neil Gaiman in Melbourne

TheDirtyDigger
29th April 2008, 02:51 PM
For those of you literate enough and lucky enough to live in the great state of Victoria, Neil Gaiman will be giving a free talk at the State Library on Monday next.

Customer who is an author just gave me the details.

May 5, 1pm
Village Roadshow Theatrette
Entry 3,
State Library of Victoria
La Trobe Street, Melbourne

My holidays start this weekend so I'll be taking the opportunity to mosey on down.
For those of you that don't know who he is you need to put down your joystick, turn off your TV, get off the farm and get an injection of culture.

Paulbot
29th April 2008, 03:00 PM
Cool, I should be able to go along to that.

Tober
29th April 2008, 03:43 PM
Ask him if he intends to write something good again? :cool:

American Gods was the last book of his I liked anyway.

roller
29th April 2008, 08:09 PM
Neil who?

TheDirtyDigger
29th April 2008, 08:17 PM
Neil who?

haha...hmmmmmm...

Cool, I should be able to go along to that.

I'll give you a call around lunchtime.

roller
30th April 2008, 11:32 PM
this person is a writer i assume

the only writers who i personally think stand out are J D salinger, F scott fitzgerald and a few others

are you guys going for autographs or to listen to this person read their book out loud?

If theres a question time, hog it by asking multiple questions within the one hand raising

TheDirtyDigger
1st May 2008, 09:35 AM
this person is a writer i assume

It's always dangerous to make assumptions lad. To some (especially alot of goth chicks Neil Gaiman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Gaiman)is a deity.

the only writers who i personally think stand out are J D salinger, F scott fitzgerald and a few others
That's ok.....you're still young.

are you guys going for autographs or to listen to this person read their book out loud?
I never usually can be bothered with that fanboy/worship crap but I may take along some Sandman this time for a change.

If theres a question time, hog it by asking multiple questions within the one hand raising

Hahaha....top idea. I can see myself doing that.

roller
1st May 2008, 06:07 PM
how do you pronounce this fellahs name? Gay-man or Guy-man?

TheDirtyDigger
1st May 2008, 10:12 PM
More like 'gay-min'.

roller
1st May 2008, 11:50 PM
hahahahahaha