PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Nominee nominations

UltraMarginal
29th March 2011, 07:31 PM
So there is a Poll (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbros-2011-transformers-hall-of-fame-fans-choice-voting/21167/) going on at Seibertron.com for nominations for a top five to be chosen for the fourth place in nominations to the hall of fame this year.. yeah confusing I know.:eek:

it seems to be being conducted by Hasbro across multiple sites, is it possible that we here at OTCA can have our own input?

I love this stuff.

Sky Shadow
29th March 2011, 07:38 PM
How did they decide that Ratchet and Ironhide get in before Jazz and Grimlock?

Oh well. I look forward to getting in the outsider nomination once again. :)

Paulbot
29th March 2011, 09:10 PM
How did they decide that Ratchet and Ironhide get in before Jazz and Grimlock?

Oh well. I look forward to getting in the outsider nomination once again. :)

(Robots called) Ironhide and Ratchet were in two Bay films, probably three. (A robot called) Jazz was only in one. Grimlock wasn't in any so far. :rolleyes:

kaiden
29th March 2011, 09:55 PM
can we do an internal poll? im pretty sure seibertron said it would add in results from any related fansite.

my choices will be

Grimlock
Lugnut
Devastator
Menasor
Jazz

Sky Shadow
30th March 2011, 08:07 AM
- Lugnut.
- Demolishor.
- Sky-Byte.
- Grimlock.
- Botanica.

Hursticon
30th March 2011, 11:36 AM
Hmm...

(BW) Megatron
(BW) Optimus Primal
(ANI) Lugnut
(G1) Grimlock
(G1) Devastator

It would be nice to have another Beast Wars character enter the Hall, but I also think that Animated Lugnut has become incredibly popular in a short space of time and should probably be recognised also. ;):)
For the obligatory G1 entries, Devastator and Grimlock are probably the most deserving characters that haven't already been nominated. :cool:

Shirokaze
31st March 2011, 02:07 PM
So who will spread the Erector love? Could be the greatest troll in Transformers history!:D

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/3/9/4/1/3/erector-hall-of-fame_1301524240.jpg

i_amtrunks
31st March 2011, 04:57 PM
What no spot for Armada Hot Shot? :p

And if there are to be 5 nominees, why only 3 characters nominated and voting for a 4th?

Bring in Grimlock or Jazz to fill out the 5 once the fan choice is made.

I'd vote for Lugnut or Waspinator if they made the shortlist.

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2011, 05:23 PM
Waspinator was the first name that popped in my mind! Who doesn't love good old Waspinator... Transformers' answer to South Park's Kenny.

Either that or Runabout and Runamuck -- Transformers' answer to Beavis and Butthead. Heh. :)

Firestorm
31st March 2011, 09:54 PM
I'd say

BW Waspinator
BW Rattrap
BW Silverbolt
BW Megatron
Ani Lugnut
Ani Lockdown
Ani or Prime Bulkhead
Movie Jolt
G1 Drift
BWN Ratorata :p

but to narrow that down

BW Waspinator
BW Megatron
Bulkhead
Ani Lockdown

Sky Shadow
31st March 2011, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure that specifying a franchise (G1, Beast Wars, Animated, etc.) is necessary - judging by the videos last year, the hall of fame seems to basically treat characters with the same name as the same nominee.

Quickstrike
31st March 2011, 10:08 PM
Hasbro won't see, but just for the Hell of it:

Shockwave
Sky-Byte
Grimlock
Ratbat
Waspinator

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st April 2011, 12:55 AM
I'm not sure that specifying a franchise (G1, Beast Wars, Animated, etc.) is necessary - judging by the videos last year, the hall of fame seems to basically treat characters with the same name as the same nominee.

Yeh, thats what I was thinking as well. Could be a bit of a problem, as G1 Ratchet aint the same as Animated Ratchet. G1 Ironhide aint the same as Energon Ironhide:p

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2011, 01:32 AM
Yeah but I guess they're still the same character - simply different incarnations from different continuities. For example, if someone says that they like G1 Ratchet, well there's various different versions of G1 Ratchet such as from the G1 cartoon or G1 comics just to name two sources.

The polls would probably get too big and cumbesome if you wanted to include every single version of each character. For example imagine having separate poll options for this:
* Ratchet, G1 toy continuity
* Ratchet, Marvel Comics
* Ratchet, G1 cartoon
* Ratchet, G1 manga
* Ratchet, G1 Stargate Battles
* Ratchet, Binaltech
* Ratchet, G1 Big Looker Storybook
* Ratchet, Dreamwave G1
* Ratchet, G1 Devil's Due G.I. Joe vs Transformers
* Ratchet, G1 Dreamwave Transformers/G.I. Joe
* Ratchet, G1 Legends Anthology
* Ratchet, Universe (1.0)
* Ratchet, movieverse
* Ratchet, Animated
* Ratchet, Shattered Glass
* Ratchet, Prime

...then repeat for each namesake in the poll...

Hursticon
1st April 2011, 12:22 PM
I'd say

BW Waspinator
BW Rattrap
BW Silverbolt
BW Megatron
Ani Lugnut
Ani Lockdown
Ani or Prime Bulkhead
Movie Jolt
G1 Drift
BWN Ratorata :p

but to narrow that down

BW Waspinator
BW Megatron
Bulkhead
Ani Lockdown

I like the way you think dude. ;):D

Yeah, you're probably right dude but for me it was purely to specify which iteration I'd like to see because, as you'd know ;), many characters throughout the franchise have the same name as previous characters but aren't the same identity/person perse - i.e. (BW Megatron) and (G1 Megatron). :cool:

Paulbot
1st April 2011, 12:40 PM
I asked Griffin if Ozformers was approached to be included but he's been too busy to get back to me. I say, lets assume we are since we should be.

So what you've got to do is nominate five candidates in this thread and I'll keep a tally

Voted so far: Kaiden, Sky Shadow, Hursticon, Firestorm, Quickstrike

Votes
Grimlock - 3
Lugnut - 3
Waspinator - 3
Devastator - 2
Megatron - 2 (BW but the distinction probably doesn't count to Hasbro)
Menasor - 1
Jazz - 1
Demolisher - 1
Sky-Byte - 2
Grimlock - 2
Botanica - 1
Optimus Primal - 1
Bulkhead - 1
Lockdown - 1
Shockwave - 1
Ratbat - 1

Firestorm has one vote remaining

Firestorm
1st April 2011, 01:03 PM
I'll use my last vote for Rattrap

Doubledealer
1st April 2011, 04:24 PM
I vote for good old Lugnut!

UltraMarginal
1st April 2011, 11:38 PM
Well assuming it counts

Jazz
Bulkhead
Lugnut
OutBack
Jazz

yes I did use two votes for Jazz... I nearly used 5.

Sky Shadow
2nd April 2011, 10:04 AM
Well assuming it counts

Jazz
Bulkhead
Lugnut
OutBack
Jazz

yes I did use two votes for Jazz... I nearly used 5.

Um... yeah, that still only counts as one vote for Jazz, so you have one vote left if you want to use it. :)

UltraMarginal
2nd April 2011, 09:51 PM
Um... yeah, that still only counts as one vote for Jazz, so you have one vote left if you want to use it. :)

OK, I add Wheeljack

UltraMarginal
2nd April 2011, 09:51 PM
It looks like the Seibertron Poll (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/choose-which-characters-you-think-should-be-nominated-for-2011s-transformers-hall-of-fame/21196/) has moved onto the next stage.

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 02:52 PM
Fudge Yeah!!! :D:D:D

Courtesy of TFW2005... Waspinator (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/waspinator-wins-172388/) has been inducted into the 2011 Hall of Fame! :eek::D:cool:

Paulbot
5th June 2011, 03:58 PM
Despite badges, banners, and a fun tongue in cheek video from Hasbro, Erector did not look like it was ever seriously taken as a contender by Hasbro. The character got quite a loud boo on announcement.

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Despite badges, banners, and a fun tongue in cheek video from Hasbro, Erector did not look like it was ever seriously taken as a contender by Hasbro. The character got quite a loud boo on announcement.

Hell yeah! - I'm glad to hear that there was a boo but do you think it was a boo for the character or for his nomination? :confused:

I'm just happy to see such a brilliantly written and acted character make it into the Hall of Fame as he was the most deserving of this year's nominees, but also some much deserved further recognition for Beast Wars! :D:cool:
(So far the only decent BW related thing to come out of BOTCON 2011)

This is SO great, that's 2 for 2 Gee-Wunners :p: Waspinator (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD3HCtqPUm4) is king of the Fleshies once again! :D

Paulbot
5th June 2011, 05:44 PM
The nomination. And not a boo, quite a few loud boos. I joined in. For the nomination I'm sure.

Hoping they put the clip up Hasbro made online for you all to watch. It was funny and a fair bit of work had gone into it.

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 06:14 PM
The nomination. And not a boo, quite a few loud boos. I joined in. For the nomination I'm sure.

Hoping they put the clip up Hasbro made online for you all to watch. It was funny and a fair bit of work had gone into it.

Ah ok, I hope it was for the nomination because it was a group of fan's fault he was even nominated, not his own. :o;)
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for when they upload the lot, they put last years entrants up on the Hasbro Site last year by memory. :cool:

FFN
5th June 2011, 07:21 PM
Aww, why were you booing or pleased at the booing? This is all just fun :D

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 07:35 PM
Why were you booing or pleased at the booing? This is all just fun.

Have a look over at some of the comments on other boards and you might see why, I agree it's all in fun but clearly some people take it more seriously than others (That's not in reference to Paulbot :)). ;)

griffin
5th June 2011, 07:36 PM
My faith in Hasbro was restored when Aaron Archer said 'We take this (HOF) seriously, and hope you do as well. We had a lot of fun doing this (the Erector clip), but don't want to do this again.

With all the big-wigs and special guests at these things, it doesn't surprise me that people at Hasbro wouldn't want them to see the fandom as immature, childish or irresponsible with the rare formal offerings we get from Hasbro. The fun has now been had getting a 'joke' name into the voting process, but I would hate to see a more dedicated movement next year for some other obscure joke-named character.

It was interesting to hear the applause for each nominee's clip differ. Waspinator had the most applause, while Ironhide had the least (Soundwave and Ratchet were in the middle, while Erector actually got booed - twice.

Hursticon
5th June 2011, 07:40 PM
It was interesting to hear the applause for each nominee's clip differ. Waspinator had the most applause, while Ironhide had the least (Soundwave and Ratchet were in the middle, while Erector actually got booed - twice.

Did they happen to mention when the videos would be posted online at all?

LordCyrusOmega
5th June 2011, 10:23 PM
Waspinator Ruless! I am so glad he got in. Truly a character deserving a place in the Hall of Fame

GoktimusPrime
6th June 2011, 12:15 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_g1-bumblebeedance.gifYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!h ttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/gif_g1-cliffjumperdance.gif
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/jaam_yum.gif

They'll have a whole different cast of Transformers on offer for next year, right?

Interesting to hear about people booing the Erector nomination... I hope Hasbro will exercise common sense before even contemplating allowing such nominations. Don't make us do it again? Come on, you could say no. (-_-) I do NOT want to see Windbreaker or Scattor as a nominee next year!

Now all those tossers who nominated Erector can go plant a big fat juicy one on Waspinator's big, yellow, stripey abdomen!! :D

FFN
6th June 2011, 01:33 AM
They'll probably ignore joke nominations next time, if there's any. But this time, they had some fun with it.

I dare anybody assert that Hasbro doesn't care/doesn't know about their brand after all this.