PDA

View Full Version : 10% off @ The Book Depository this w/e

Doubledealer
1st April 2011, 10:10 PM
Evening bots,

Just thought I'd let everyone know that The Book Depository (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/fb3104) is offering 10% off all everything this weekend. Would be a great opportunity to pickup the TFA Allspark Almanac's etc. for an even better price! :)

UltraMarginal
1st April 2011, 10:27 PM
I've only ordered from them once, and two out of the three books I ordered were cactus on arrival. I got refunded, because they wouldn't ship with a backing card just in a bubble wrap envelope. so service OK but not worth the trouble when books badly damaged.:(

Paulbot
1st April 2011, 10:47 PM
I've ordered several dozen books from them and have no complaints. For the most part any damage is done when the postie tries to stick them in the letterbox rather than at your door/PO Box. Well worth the occasionally slightly bent cover for all the money you save.

kaiden
1st April 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm having a look through Transformers stuff but am lost :/

considering getting Last Stand of the Wreckers - is it complete? is this the only Wreckers book? i just dont want to get split volumes and read an unfinished story.

if you're wondering, no i havent ever bought a TF comic/book/novel before and so dont know anything about them - but any help is much appreciated!

also suggestions on what else to get (a little summary?) would be great too. I'm thinking of getting exodus too.

Paulbot
2nd April 2011, 08:14 AM
Yes Last Stand of the Wreckers is a complete story. However it is also $13 at Australian Target stores so maybe have a look there first.

kaiden
2nd April 2011, 09:16 PM
Yes Last Stand of the Wreckers is a complete story. However it is also $13 at Australian Target stores so maybe have a look there first.

thanks paul, i might go have a look tomorrow after lunch.

Oilspill
8th April 2011, 12:52 AM
I'm having a look through Transformers stuff but am lost :/

considering getting Last Stand of the Wreckers - is it complete? is this the only Wreckers book? i just dont want to get split volumes and read an unfinished story.

if you're wondering, no i havent ever bought a TF comic/book/novel before and so dont know anything about them - but any help is much appreciated!

also suggestions on what else to get (a little summary?) would be great too. I'm thinking of getting exodus too.

Get LSotW! It's awesome! I have Exodus but personally I didn't think too much of it.

i_amtrunks
8th April 2011, 04:53 PM
Hopefully your Targets carry them, my local two do not have a single comic anywhere.

TBD is fantastic, we use them all the time in my family, never had an issue. They also have a sister site: http://www.bookdepository.com/ which has a better exchange rate right now (but probably no 10% off...)

kaiden
8th April 2011, 07:26 PM
Hopefully your Targets carry them, my local two do not have a single comic anywhere.

TBD is fantastic, we use them all the time in my family, never had an issue. They also have a sister site: http://www.bookdepository.com/ which has a better exchange rate right now (but probably no 10% off...)

the target i went to that day had only one copy of Last Stand of the Wreckers.

i went to a different target today and they didnt have that, but they had a different one called 'Bumblebee' same price. I was going to buy it but flicked through and the art was horrible. done by some guy named 'chee' so i put it back.

Paulbot
8th April 2011, 07:42 PM
i went to a different target today and they didnt have that, but they had a different one called 'Bumblebee' same price. I was going to buy it but flicked through and the art was horrible. done by some guy named 'chee' so i put it back.

Target have stocked three IDW trades so far: Ongoing Vol 1, Last Stand of the Wreckers, Bumblebee, all for $13 and printed by an Aussie Company. They came out before Christmas but the last Target I went to, Highpoint, still had heaps.

The 10% of was last weekend. However thanks for the tip about the .com site. Previously when I've done comparisons the UK site has still ended up cheaper, but I was just able to save 20% off my total by preordering some comic trades from the .com site instead of the .co.uk site.