PDA

View Full Version : RTS Scouts + Legends cancellation in US?

snaketales
9th April 2011, 11:59 AM
Still only a rumor at the moment, but....

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/reveal-the-shield-scout-assortment-possibly-cancelled---legends-assortment-status-unknown-171877/

Lotta wailing going on in the message boards over there.

Vector Prime
9th April 2011, 12:06 PM
They may only be rumors at the moment, but it's kinda scary to think that Demolition Rumble may not see the light of day in the US.

I hate to be a scaremonger, but that could translate to a lack of supply here in Oz too (or maybe not).

gdmetro
9th April 2011, 01:47 PM
Hmm... good for us Aussies..since we already got Windcharger and RTS Legends - both waves. Time to trade with U.S. Collectors instead of them getting all the goodies all the time *Cough* Universe Hardhead *Cough* And I will charge a reasonable shipping too... of $40 :p :D

Sky Shadow
9th April 2011, 02:14 PM
Lotta wailing going on in the message boards over there.

Oh, boo hoo, USA Transfans. It happens to us all the time - just order the toys from overseas instead. :rolleyes:

1AZRAEL1
9th April 2011, 03:25 PM
Gotta love some of the comments that they are saying though. Makes me laugh.

iceburn
9th April 2011, 03:28 PM
not too sure of Windcharger is here in Singapore cos i only saw him once and someone had already taken him. no wave 2 legends too spotted. sad.....

gdmetro
9th April 2011, 05:27 PM
Hmm.. just read through some of the comments on TFW and looked at ebay... wow.... about $40USD for a Windcharger. Insane.

1AZRAEL1
9th April 2011, 05:29 PM
Hmm.. just read through some of the comments on TFW and looked at ebay... wow.... about $40USD for a Windcharger. Insane.

Someone should buy em all up and scalp em to the americans, karma :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th April 2011, 06:52 PM

LOL! Bet someone is on that already!

Who are Downshift and Bodylock? Are they just recolours?

SharkyMcShark
9th April 2011, 07:05 PM
LOL! Bet someone is on that already!

Who are Downshift and Bodylock? Are they just recolours?

Bodyblock is a black and green repaint of Breacher. Downshift I forget, but its not new.

Autocon
9th April 2011, 09:00 PM
Bodyblock is a black and green repaint of Breacher. Downshift I forget, but its not new.

Downshift is repaint of hubcap, the red hotrod.

quite liked the paint scheme too

Paulbot
9th April 2011, 11:38 PM
This makes me think about the shelfwarmers discussion. With the legends people want Windcharger and Rumble. Chopsaw, Bodyblock and Downshift will/would shelfwarm. If the assortment had just been those two "in demand" figures sales would be stronger.

I hate to be a scaremonger, but that could translate to a lack of supply here in Oz too (or maybe not).

Since we've had the toys they can't find since December I don't think our supply is hurt. Odds are if the US stores wont buy them they could end up filling out shelves by the end of the year.

Oh, boo hoo, USA Transfans. It happens to us all the time - just order the toys from overseas instead. :rolleyes:

Both TFW and Seibertron's "news" items ignore the fact we've had the RTS Legends and Scouts in stores since December. They do notice the UK and Canada got them but not us. I find this blindness to our market quite annoying. Predictable but annoying. Seeing them face the difficulty the rest of the English speaking world faces for once might not be such a bad thing.

That's one way to cover the cost of my trip to Botcon. A suitcase full of Windchargers and Legends Megatron to sell! But what to say to the US Customs official looking at the suitcase...

Mechbiter
10th April 2011, 12:15 AM
That's one way to cover the cost of my trip to Botcon. A suitcase full of Windchargers and Legends Megatron to sell! But what to say to the US Customs official looking at the suitcase...
The truth... that you're a drug dealer and that's a whole suitcase full of drugs! :D

liegeprime
10th April 2011, 12:32 AM

......your a dealer of Plastic Crack hehehehe ...Megsy is there for protection and he's legal since he's got the orange barrel so that your safe from attacking wee people.

This is not a bad idea Paulbot you can stock up just enough say 4-5 pieces of Windcharger... I bet there be a lot of em trading with you when they find out about it:D more moolah in your pockets to buy a couple more stuff heheh

The_Damned
10th April 2011, 08:10 AM
is rumble getting released here?

Vector Prime
10th April 2011, 09:25 AM
is rumble getting released here?

Too early to tell - that question belongs in the same category as: "Is Warpath getting released here?" :D

The_Damned
10th April 2011, 06:49 PM
Too early to tell - that question belongs in the same category as: "Is Warpath getting released here?" :D

no it doesnt as i am not interested in that i wanted to know about rumble;)

griffin
10th April 2011, 07:13 PM
Pity our exchange rate is so strong now (the weak US$ is being suggested as the cause for this problem (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/where-in-the-world-is-reveal-the-shield-windcharger/21263/)), because even those of us going to BotCon are gonna have trouble making any money off toys bought here... thanks to AUS Hasbro never adjusting their prices in the last few years to reflect the massive shift of the exchange rate.
Scouts in America cost about US$8.50 (ends up being about AU$8)
Legends in America cost about US$5.30 (ends up being about AU$5)
The Legends would be cost-effective to take to BotCon (if asking US$6-7 to cover the AU$5-6 price here), but since Scouts here cost about AU$15-18 (about US$16-19), you'd need to be selling them to Americans for about twice what they would be paying for them, if they are that desperate enough for them.
Bringing them to BotCon to save shipping will be easier for Americans to pay double, but there will be less people willing to pay double AND international shipping.

It's a pity, that the exchange rate now limits what we can do about stuff Americans didn't get, but at least we can more cheaply acquire items not available here, and just be happy with that.

iceburn
11th April 2011, 02:55 AM
just a note from SG sightings too that LEGENDS have risen in price here from $8 to $12.
has that risen too in Australia?

Vector Prime
11th April 2011, 08:46 AM
just a note from SG sightings too that LEGENDS have risen in price here from $8 to $12.
has that risen too in Australia?

Far from it - most places have them for $5, but I think the RRP is still $7.99

primatives
12th April 2011, 11:45 AM
scouts are $10 well at least at my kmart.

Tallestblue
12th April 2011, 02:29 PM
Ugh. Just looked on Ebay and there's only one United Frenzy/Rumble set for $93. Bad news for anyone who wants Rumble.

gdmetro
12th April 2011, 02:31 PM
Ugh... $10 chopsaws are still too rich for my blood :p

Now if there were still any windchargers...:D

@Tallestblue: Yeah they are ridiculously priced now... they will breach $100 by next week I reckon... Im still stunned as to why people would pay these prices... especially when wave 1 of UNited is being released again-0 wouldn't that be a massive indicator as to another release of the later united waves down the line? Lack of common sense...:rolleyes:

SkyWarp91
12th April 2011, 03:35 PM
Ugh. Just looked on Ebay and there's only one United Frenzy/Rumble set for $93. Bad news for anyone who wants Rumble.

You srs? Wow Hasbro/TakTom, way to f*ck your consumers again this year. They really need to get their sh!t together.

iceburn
12th April 2011, 11:33 PM
Far from it - most places have them for $5, but I think the RRP is still $7.99

that's weird for Singapore then... not worth getting Legends anymore :D

griffin
16th May 2011, 12:09 AM
A sad tease on one of the American forums (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/reveal-the-shield-windcharger-assortment-released-at-us-retail-172090/) - someone found some Chopsaws (the Case-mate to Windcharger) at a Walmart getting people's hopes up that Windcharger had finally hit America... only for someone else to verify that there had been some private importing of cases of that wave just for the Windcharger, and the rest were being 'refunded' at Walmarts (the assortment would be on their computer system, and they don't require a receipt).

fatbot
17th May 2011, 08:02 PM
A sad tease on one of the American forums (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/reveal-the-shield-windcharger-assortment-released-at-us-retail-172090/) - someone found some Chopsaws (the Case-mate to Windcharger) at a Walmart getting people's hopes up that Windcharger had finally hit America... only for someone else to verify that there had been some private importing of cases of that wave just for the Windcharger, and the rest were being 'refunded' at Walmarts (the assortment would be on their computer system, and they don't require a receipt).

ha ha ha that is damn funny!