PDA

View Full Version : MP Starscream discount Voucher for TRU

griffin
10th April 2011, 08:39 PM
Emailed to me for Ozformers members only, is a discount voucher for their exclusive MP Ghost Starscream figure. Discounted from $250 to $163, and you have until the end of January 2012 (over 9 months away).

Please resist the urge to post any obvious negative comments about the price of this figure (which have been mentioned numerous times before here anyway), as this could be just a first step towards future offers and exclusives just for members here... so please play nice. And we might see bigger and better things in the future.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tru12ss.png

niko_milo
10th April 2011, 08:52 PM
nice might get one now

Vector Prime
10th April 2011, 10:26 PM
Oh wow! :eek:

I've been waiting for a sale on this - I'm gonna get two now... one to open and one to keep MISB.

Thanks Griff and thanks TRU! :)

griffin
10th April 2011, 10:56 PM
Even though it is still possible to get these online from Asian sources for about AU$120 WITH shipping, this is a viable 'safe' alternative for those who don't have credit cards or paypal, or don't want to risk having something get lost or damaged in the mail (or not be sent at all from a dodgy dealer).
I think some will see the extra $40 as affordable 'insurance', in getting one of these without fear or hassles.

And yes, it's good to see TRU recognise that our community was a significant target of this exclusive, and have sent us an incentive to start buying them.

liegeprime
10th April 2011, 11:16 PM
So do I just print this page out and present it to TRU? Umm what should I show as proof of me being an Ozformer member, What would they accept as shall we say ID Griff? Just verifying what to do so I dont look like a dolt and be turned down in TRU Parra (nearest one to me) when I try to buy one heheheh:o:o,

gdmetro
10th April 2011, 11:36 PM
While I dont collect MPs, I have to say this is such an awesome move by TRU and I welcome it.

Looking forward to future deals such as this. Will greatly benefit us, the collector community! :D

griffin
10th April 2011, 11:45 PM
So do I just print this page out and present it to TRU? Umm what should I show as proof of me being an Ozformer member, What would they accept as shall we say ID Griff? Just verifying what to do so I dont look like a dolt and be turned down in TRU Parra (nearest one to me) when I try to buy one heheheh:o:o,

Just print out the coupon and hand it to the cashier. You shouldn't need to do or show anything else. If it doesn't work, get them to call up head office to verify it.

griffin
10th April 2011, 11:48 PM
BTW, if anyone else gets sent this coupon by email, like on their mailing list, let us know so we can see if this was just for members (and lurkers) of this forum.

Doubledealer
11th April 2011, 12:25 AM
Wait, wait, wait. So now I only have to pay slightly over 3 times what I paid for my Anime Accurate MP Starscream a year or two ago? :rolleyes:

UltraMarginal
11th April 2011, 10:34 AM
While I'm not really interested in MP ghostscream, I think this is a great step by TRU, certainly validates us in their eyes. Even though it's still a bit expensive, I get your "insurance" poiont too Griffin.

Hopefully this will lead to further offers in the future.:D

Clone number 2716057
11th April 2011, 02:14 PM
And to think I was going to pay $249... or $289 at empire toys. :eek:

Vector Prime
11th April 2011, 02:15 PM

Aren't you glad you joined in time? :p

1AZRAEL1
11th April 2011, 02:19 PM

Way expensive that. With the coupon is a fairly big discount. As VP, you joined just in time :)

SGB
11th April 2011, 02:21 PM
Man, I hope Wollongong TRU doesn't run out of MP Ghost Screamer stock any time soon ... can't afford to get him until June or July due to house moving-related fees.

Unless someone can lend me $163. :p

valkyrie_76
11th April 2011, 03:52 PM

Geez $289 !!!! Tell them their dreaming :D

Man Empire toys is getting very expensive for items.

snaketales
11th April 2011, 04:36 PM
Geez $289 !!!! Tell them their dreaming :D

Man Empire toys is getting very expensive for items.

I remember them putting up a sign saying that because of the then weak Australian dollar their prices were going up.

From the sounds of things they haven't brought their prices down now that we are flogging the US dollar. :rolleyes:

valkyrie_76
11th April 2011, 04:59 PM
I remember them putting up a sign saying that because of the then weak Australian dollar their prices were going up.

From the sounds of things they haven't brought their prices down now that we are flogging the US dollar. :rolleyes:

Yeah I remember that awhile ago when the manga went up in price but when the Australian dollar went north again, they never put their prices down. Its lucky now that there is a good comic book shop in Rockingham which sells a hell of a lot cheaper than Empire does. Empire sells a certain manga for $22 but I get it from Cosmic Comics for $16 plus I get a better percentage off the total price.

The_Damned
11th April 2011, 08:03 PM
is this the first discount for transformers directly targeting the australian transformers collectors? shame i dont have the money to get it as i would use it just encourage more such schemes.:)

thumbs up to toys r us anyways

Clone number 2716057
12th April 2011, 03:52 PM
Aren't you glad you joined in time? :p

I am astounded by my own timing this is fantastic :D

Mr Ed
12th April 2011, 09:30 PM
Do we get an extra 20% off with that voucher for MP Starscream?

1orion2many
12th April 2011, 11:08 PM
If I didn't have 1 already I'd buy one to help encourage TRU to support the collectors ;)

griffin
13th April 2011, 01:17 PM
Do we get an extra 20% off with that voucher for MP Starscream?

Fine-print says not in conjunction with any other offer, so it shouldn't.

SGB
28th April 2011, 12:01 PM
Is the MP Ghost Screamer that Toys R Us are selling truly MISB and not unsealed then resealed by Hasbro like they did with the MP4s Target sold a couple of years back?

tjparkside
29th April 2011, 07:41 PM
This is great news,hopefully the sales with the coupon will encourage TRU to do this more often!
thanks for posting this,Griffin and thanks TRU!