PDA

View Full Version : US release of JP Gen1 DVDs

griffin
10th April 2011, 11:58 PM
For those who didn't get the UK release from Metrodome or the AUS release from Madman, the US are finally getting it released in their own country, in their own region coding.
Release date, cover and other details (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-japanese-collectionheadmasters-release-date-and-price/21259/).

Vector Prime
11th April 2011, 12:16 AM
Really?

All this time and the US have never received an official DVD release of JP G1?

And we complain about other things they get that we don't... lol :p

I wonder whether it will be the standard Japanese dub or whether they've redubbed it in English (or Engrish)?

primatives
11th April 2011, 12:12 PM
its good that the US finally gets these released on DVD but IMO these sucked only because the sound effects were soo cheesy and ruined it. The subs on Madman weren't the best if it was done right I think it would have been much more enjoyable for me. If the sound effects were redone I think it would have made it more enjoyable to watch. Maybe its just me but I couldn't distinguish between the different voice actors. If it had the background music like the US G1 it would me much better but thats just me. BUT it was cool to see new Transformers!! :) Oh and also with Headmasters they didn't repeat too many scenes i think the other series they did it more. I also don't like how they have to say what they are doing like the weapons they use or everytime they transform.

griffin
16th May 2011, 01:11 AM
An update (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/hub-gets-8-emmy-nominations-6-of-them-for-tf-prime-172122/), for anyone interested in the US version...

To ensure you receive the best quality product possible, we’ve pushed back the release date by one week to 7/12/11 to utilize better video masters we were able to track down. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

And now for the good news. We are pleased to be able to offer a special gift with purchase of this deluxe box set. We will be making a limited-edition Transformers lithograph available only with purchase and only while supplies last. We have added that to your order at no charge. Check back on our site in the coming days to find out more information about the lithograph or simply wait and be surprised.

GoktimusPrime
16th May 2011, 10:28 AM
The Australian Madman DVDs are still easily available at JB Hi-Fi (I saw them still there on Saturday); so this wouldn't really effect Aussie fans, but good news for any Yanks who haven't already imported the UK or AU versions previously. :)

griffin
16th May 2011, 11:40 AM
It could interest people here if the new Masters are a significant improvement to quality, or if the US release is significantly cheaper than Madman's (which is often the case).

griffin
23rd May 2011, 01:01 PM
A picture of the litho (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/shout-factory-limited-edition-transformers-lithograph-revealed/21651/) has been shown - a nice pic of Fort Max (it's probably only small though).