PDA

View Full Version : Hoilday Trip in Phils

liegeprime
1st May 2008, 01:12 AM
Hoome Sweet Home! This is really almost a month delayed.... Well first ever holiday back to my country, The Philippines. A lot has changed, some for better and some for worse... TF wise its so , so much better. The pricing is almost the same here converted, although a bit cheaper - $5- $20 difference. Some items are already there and haven't been released here yet. Theres now a whole floor in one of the earlier Malls which has been renovated and filled with collector shops ( mostly TFs/Gundams). G1s are a little hard to find - they are there but most are for display and not for sale. Just sharing a few shots of my trip... my home backyard and a few photos of the toyshops that has cropped up over the past 2 years I wasnt there... thanks to my friend and Founder of TFPhil forum site for touring me around

Just a link coz too many pics...
http://neilcdc.multiply.com/photos/album/15

iceburn
1st May 2008, 01:20 AM
*Warning* censored photo

hahahaha

nice pics neil

roller
1st May 2008, 09:18 AM
i remember wasabi toys from one of my journeys to the orient

Pulse
1st May 2008, 12:15 PM
I've seen most of these pics in person (being a local & all :)) & it sure makes me wish we had similar shopping centres here in Aus.

Oh, & what's that I see Liege...

Kyle
1st May 2008, 01:23 PM
Nice pics~ :)

optimus1
2nd May 2008, 06:03 PM
Another fellow Filo! Hope ur had a great trip.
Looks like u managed to go to a few good places, last time was over there last year managed to grab Masterpiece Starscream at Greenhills and shouldv got the WST Dinobots and Titanium Scourge, but kept saying to myself, can always find them easy over back home and avoid using online shops (how wrong i was)

Zippo
2nd May 2008, 09:03 PM
Oh, no pictures inside of stores.
I am thinking thats what I will see when I go to Singapore in September, but with the amount of G1/G2 for sale on eBay by Singaporian sellers, I hope that I see more as the Visa will be ready..

liegeprime
2nd May 2008, 09:09 PM
Hehehhe How wrong indeed optimus1. There's still a lot of the WST at Greattoys GH and Makati branch but they are quite dear - Php 1,500 I think. I was searching for a Brave Max. Only learned where after Ive already gone back here. Read it in the sightings thread in TF Phils forum, sigh. Oh well with its steep price I'm sure it'll still be there by next year hehehehhe... hopefully. I will be saving up for it. I'll try to go back in June next year in time for the annual Toyfair in Megamall.

Okies uploaded all of the pics in a new album in my photobucket so Ill just post a link as its too much pics to post here
Zippo, some pics are of the inside of the toyshops. not a good photographer so pardon if my shots are not too focused, there was simply too much to look at and I was a bit numb with happiness being surrounded with so much toys I couldnt shoot straight...:D

liegeprime
2nd May 2008, 09:58 PM
Okies here is the link, the blurry pics are using a cel phone camera so pardon moi.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Philippines%20Toyshops/

Zippo
3rd May 2008, 09:24 PM
Okies here is the link, the blurry pics are using a cel phone camera so pardon moi.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Philippines%20Toyshops/

Cheers for the link. A few things I can see that I want, but it's all for recent stuff. Where be the vintage :-)

liegeprime
3rd May 2008, 10:00 PM
Aahhh the vintage stuff, theres not much left I'm afraid. All the G1s that were on sale 2 years ago when I left for Aus were gone. Even the Fortmax was sold already. The few vintage left are small stuff like G1 combiners, minibots (some of em could be just loose reissues, me thinks) a few micromasters, Dinobot lot, Metroplex , loose G1 cars (could be reissues). None of the real big hitters. There was one store that had rare G1s ( pretenders and Headmasters, Victory saber/Victory Lio but are for display purposes only (store-owners own collection) and are labelled as such. Some of the former sellers who were in the renovated floors before (now relocated to a new smaller stall) had a bit of bad luck before as GH had a small fire before that kinda wiped most of their G1 stock :(:(:( and put an end to my buying there then. Good to see they've recovered and the place is up and running again - that same floor now houses several of the newer bigger hobby shops like Besttoys etc. All the older sellers are now in the small shops cramped/packed with stuff on their walls due to the small space in the old Shopsville arcade building. And then theres the new Shoppesville extension floor where newer sellers (mostly collectors themselves) are stationed with newer stuff. The hobby shops in malls are kinda pricey, you save only a few dollars $2-5 at most or none at all as they dont put a price. Some shop when you ask they quote as per current dollar exchange which kinda puts me off.