PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Jetfire and Ramjet Pictures

sifun
1st May 2008, 08:29 AM
Jetfire
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/images/B0017IDGQY/sr=8-1/qid=1209576725/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=13299531&s=toys&qid=1209576725&sr=8-1
Ramjet
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/images/B0017IDGTQ/sr=8-1/qid=1209576405/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=13299531&s=toys&qid=1209576405&sr=8-1

I only like Ramjet, and the differences aren't that much, only in jet mode really.
For Jetfire, I actually like the hasbro one better, seems a bit more comic accurate :)

kup
1st May 2008, 08:49 AM
They are good but about as equally good as the Hasbro ones so not really worth getting.

It is still a good effort by Takara as its very hard to improve on the Hasbro releases since they were done rather good without cost cutting. Changing the color schemes and detailing too much would have impacted on the characters the molds are representing.

i_amtrunks
1st May 2008, 09:17 AM
Nice paint apps, and all, but not really different enough to warrant a purchase.

Still for those who missed out on the Hasbro release, these are more than good enough.

Thanatos
1st May 2008, 09:19 AM
I like my Hasbro versions better, strangely enough. Jetfire feels a lot more... boring, without the extra red. I do like the G1 toy accurate helmet though.

Ramjet.. I actually like Hasbro more.

Good to know, now I don't have to buy more classics! :D

sifun
1st May 2008, 09:25 AM
where are the chrome bits?

Pulse
1st May 2008, 10:35 AM
Skyfire seems to be "too white" (but those clear missiles look cool) & at first glance at Ramjet, it seems as though the only difference is him having glossier red paint.

Robzy
1st May 2008, 11:36 AM
I like these, but don't love them as much as some of the others!

They do look very "G1" don't they?! I mean, flat colours and very cartoony - which is a good thing! I probably won't get them... but then, I said the same about Henkei Mirage! ;)

Kyle
1st May 2008, 12:01 PM
where are the chrome bits?

The afterburners on backpack I think... (for Jetfire)

autobreadticon
1st May 2008, 01:05 PM
Jetfire feels cheap now..

can sum1 please tell me the difference between new and old ramjet

STL
1st May 2008, 02:14 PM
Differences between the two that I can see:

Skyfire
- shortened cockpit to resemble G1 cartoon
- chrome on backpack, new white redeco
- more blue on forehead
- red visor for the helmet
- different red colour scheme on wings and body
- no more red on upper tailfins (whatever they're called?)
- clear missiles
- front chest is now much plainer
- no Autobot insignias
- red at the rear of legs

Ramjet
- Shiny red deco on plane mode
- Upper Tailfins/thrusters are darker grey w/ light gray variations in chrome
- no gold at the back end
- decepticon symbols on the nosecone and on the wings
- on the body the gray is removed from the "abs" section
- lower torso is more gray
- arms are white now
- half-gray/half white fists
- knees have red touch on them

__________________________________________________ ______________

Ramjet is a very nice variation. The brighter red and grays give it more life than Classics Ramjet who is dull next to the Botcon seekers and Skywarp. The Skyfire I don't like as much as Hasbro though. That's unfortunate, I can see what they're going for there but the bot mode is just too plain on the chest w/out the blue now. The red visor kinda is weird. I'm most likely to switch the back packs around though b/c the Takara backpack is leaps and bounds mroe interesting

Zippo
1st May 2008, 03:36 PM
I like the addition of the clear missles and the autobot symbol over the window for Jetfire, but I must admit that I love the Hasbro one as well. Ramject is very different, and well worth a pickup .. + no chrome?

sifun
1st May 2008, 03:54 PM
ramjet has chrome on the grey thrusters.

lcz128
1st May 2008, 05:54 PM
I like! :) I really am liking the subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle differences they've made :) Makes me glad I haven't gotten all of them classic figs :D

autobreadticon
1st May 2008, 06:15 PM
thanks STL, what is also interesting is combining the two figures to make a hybrid.

i thought of unscrewing the feet of the henkei and switching places and the idea of switching backpacks.

any other things you can do?