PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with packing peanuts?

gamblor916
1st May 2008, 10:15 AM
and bubble wrap?
I have three big boxes of the stuff and rolls of bubble wrap.
Not to mention a stack of empty boxes.

i_amtrunks
1st May 2008, 11:18 AM
Most of the packing peanuts or foam packing pellets I give it to my Mum to take to her primary school. The kiddies then use the stuff for art projects

I do keep small amounts from various lots to put into a box for the kittens to go crazy with.

Bubblewrap is good to keep for posting other stuff out, or to give young relatives to 'pop' instead of trying to touch the Transformers! :D

Pulse
1st May 2008, 12:26 PM
Have you got one of these?

http://bedzine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/fatboypoint.jpg

We've got one & I used to put all my foam packing pellets in there until it could take no more.

Most of the packing peanuts or foam packing pellets I give it to my Mum to take to her primary school.

Yeah but the mere word of peanuts would probably send the teachers running... :D

stencilator
1st May 2008, 12:39 PM
I send out quite I few packages myself (sale items and commissions) so I reuse them (as any of my customers may have noticed - scraps of any light weight rubbish I can find to wrap TFs in will do), handing the problem on to someone else. I haven't been buying many new toys lately because the packaging is just getting too much. My toy collecting is giving me a swollen carbon footprint. Not good.

Jimreborn
1st May 2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I line my TFs in storage (the ones I haven't sold) with the foam pellets, and the bubble wrap I re-use to send the one's I sell.

Tober
1st May 2008, 05:10 PM
and bubble wrap?
I have three big boxes of the stuff and rolls of bubble wrap.
Not to mention a stack of empty boxes.

Peanuts I usually throw out but have used the smaller ones for stuffing.
Foam I recut and reuse.
Pillows I slice the top off of and use as little plastic bags for small parts.
Bubblewrap I reuse for packing or popping.
Large cardboard boxes I flatten and store for when I need to move or store stuff.

gamblor916
1st May 2008, 06:02 PM
Pillows I slice the top off of and use as little plastic bags for small parts.

That's a good idea, I never thought of that.

dirge
1st May 2008, 08:34 PM
I tend to throw a fair bit out, because I receive more than I send. I do try to reuse wherever possible, mind you.

roller
1st May 2008, 08:37 PM
mostly recycle boxes

reuse whatever i can

chuck out crap, theres too much packaging for toys, crazy amount and i hate to think of how much oil and energy goes into making this overexcessive packagings