PDA

View Full Version : picture hosting

UltraMarginal
13th April 2011, 10:32 PM
Hey kids,
I get the impression that to show pictures in a thread entry without them needing to be clicked on I need to host them somewhere else. can anyone recommend a free site that is good for hosting images like this?

cheers
UM

Vector Prime
13th April 2011, 10:42 PM
I use Photobucket and Flickr - they're free and they work very well with virtually no server outages.

Hursticon
13th April 2011, 10:58 PM
I use Photobucket and Flickr - they're free and they work very well with virtually no server outages.

I concur with Senator Vector :p,
I too recommend Photobucket as I find it incredibly easy to use, fast and reliable. ;):)

janda the red
14th April 2011, 08:20 AM
tinypic...

it's free, you dont have to register.....and it's dead easy to use.

your not gonna need it, but happy to help if you get stuck....just pm me

goodluck

janda :)

5FDP
14th April 2011, 10:59 PM
Image Shack (http://imageshack.us/) is also quite good.

Lint
15th April 2011, 01:01 AM
If you actually want to keep what you upload for later reference then photobucket and the likes are the way to go.

Random one-off stuff, go tinypic :)

Deonasis
15th April 2011, 01:40 AM
I am using Picasa, I notice very few use this but I don't know why.

UltraMarginal
17th April 2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, are any of them particularly good at hosting short video as well?

I am using Picasa, I notice very few use this but I don't know why.

is there any reason you prefer picasa over Flickr and photobucket? and for everyone else, vice versa?

Deonasis
17th April 2011, 11:19 PM
...is there any reason you prefer picasa over Flickr and photobucket?

I used photobucket at first but didn't like the look and feel of it. I also use Picasa offline to manage my pics, it seems pretty powerful and has lots of features. I am not a heavy user though so others may have more details about their choices.

valkyrie_76
17th April 2011, 11:25 PM
tinypic...

it's free, you dont have to register.....and it's dead easy to use.

your not gonna need it, but happy to help if you get stuck....just pm me

goodluck

janda :)

+1

liegeprime
17th April 2011, 11:32 PM
Photobucket, been using it for years. Only once did it falter but I didnt loose any pic at all, its what I use also to host the pic in my signature:D

Its easy to use, easy to register - free. There's also a food user friendly editing system to it so you can easily resize and touch up your pics before posting here. I usually re size my pics or crop them coz my camera always shoots em in biiiig photo size.

UltraMarginal
27th April 2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll hopefully get around to looking at Photobucket tonight.