PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles......Classics?

TheFallen
14th April 2011, 09:23 AM
Playmates have recently announced they will be doing a Collectors series of figures based on the classic TMNT cartoon;

Classic Turtles - Oh yeah, that's right - classic Turtles. You know how there was never really any action figures that looked like how the Turtles looked in the old cartoon? Well, Playmates is ready to right that wrong. This line will be larger scale and with super articulation. The only figure on display was Raphael, and while he didn't look quite finished, he looked really cool. And although this line will start with the Turtles and maybe other standard characters, it sounds like there's potential to cover some of the more obscure characters. We'll have to see.

The announcement can be found here (http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2011/04/nickelodeon-tmnt-fan-preview-event-toys.html)

I don't know about you but this excites me. I have been hoping for a "MOTUC Style" line of figures on the TMNT franchise.

A highly articulated cartoon acurate Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, Androind body Krang, etc. What is not to be excited for?

loophole
14th April 2011, 06:04 PM
sounds interesting is there a pic of what they are refering to about Raph

Hursticon
14th April 2011, 07:10 PM
Ooh...
This has some splendid possibilities... ;):cool:

blackie
14th April 2011, 07:13 PM
more stuff for me to buy fml :P

ITZTRU
14th April 2011, 07:35 PM
more stuff for me to buy fml :P

Touché

F all of our lives :(

Gutsman Heavy
14th April 2011, 08:30 PM
:O

DO WANT!

TheFallen
14th April 2011, 11:58 PM
sounds interesting is there a pic of what they are refering to about Raph

No photos were allowed so nothing has come up yet

:O

DO WANT!

Agreed

Paulbot
15th April 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm interested to see how these will look. Back at the time the 90's toys were enough for me, even though they weren't show-accurate. I've still got most of the first and second waves of those, although they hover in my mind as something I might want to sell when I move.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th April 2011, 06:55 PM
Wow, that has got my interest up and running. I would love a Usagi Yojimbo highly articulated figure.

Looking forward to some pics when they rock up. Hopefully along the lines of what Mattel did with MOTU.

Robzy
15th April 2011, 10:17 PM
Just what I need... another awesome TMNT line to collect :p

TheFallen
16th April 2011, 02:34 PM
I just hope these hit retail here. There is nothing of interest in the shops now so if these, and Thundercats, hit retail here there will be a need to actually go to the toy isles.

It is great to be a collector if you have the disposable income. I have already told my kids there will be no Christmas or Birthdays for the next couple of years :)

gdmetro
4th May 2011, 09:17 PM
Wow... Turtles Classics- sounds so delicious :D I only just discovered this now. When are these out?

Going to stretch me thin with this and Tfs...and maybe thundercats classics too? and Voltron? :eek:

I definitely will stick with TF classics and Turtles Classics- I actually loved the turtles more as a kid and never got the figure (Raphael- basic) I wanted. When the anniversary figs came out, I bought all 4 turtles :D

Cant wait for more info on these/pics!

kurdt_the_goat
8th December 2012, 12:01 PM
Anyone have any TMNT 2012 figures MISB for sale?
I should have nabbed one earlier from amazon for my nephew, for christmas... but now i bet they wouldn't arrive in time, so looking for local seller!