PDA

View Full Version : Beast Wars

Autocon
1st May 2008, 12:26 PM
anyone know where to get mint beast wars?

no japs or canada releases but the ones with the packaging found here in aus:p

how can u tell between KO and originals?

Verno
1st May 2008, 01:50 PM
I've been getting a few from BBTS in the last couple of months, they had a sale not long ago and I was able to pick up Rhinox, Tigatron and Airazor all sealed and all on 'normal' cards, none of this triligual rubbish. And I got a Blackarachnia from them yesterday.

Pulse sent me a link yesterday for a US seller on eBay with some mint stuff. http://myworld.ebay.com/pgomes/

But besides that I'm not aware of too many non-eBay type places to pick up minty Beasts.

Paulbot
1st May 2008, 02:33 PM
Well for the first year toys it was the trilingual / foreign packaging we got here in Aus... Biocombat, etc

As for telling KOs, I have not seen many KO Beast Wars toys and when I have the colours etc are not accurate so it's very easy to tell (not like the current KO G1 toys)

kup
1st May 2008, 02:39 PM
There are a few original Rattrap KOs but they are easy to tell due to lack of paint apps. Aside from that BW KOs are fairly rare so its not a big mine field like G1.

Verno
1st May 2008, 02:52 PM
I've heard KO Beast Wars referred to as being 'oversized'. Like a basic bat primal in a deluxe size and figures displayed on cards in their robot modes, instead of beast.

i_amtrunks
1st May 2008, 03:17 PM
I've seen giant sized Tigatron and Cheetor KO's, but thats about all. (and they were found only last year in a cheapo shop)

Autocon
2nd May 2008, 12:12 AM
There are a few original Rattrap KOs but they are easy to tell due to lack of paint apps. Aside from that BW KOs are fairly rare so its not a big mine field like G1.

that Barney impersonating grimlock cheeses me off! lol

how could he its insulting to Grimlock!

biocombat have that stupid tech card aargh

thanks guys look into it
good to hear few knock offs n that there easy to spot anyway

unless there so good...:eek:

Autocon
2nd May 2008, 12:32 AM
looked at pgomes
the packaging isnt wat i want *sobs*:mad:

Verno
2nd May 2008, 08:51 AM
looked at pgomes
the packaging isnt wat i want *sobs*:mad:

Hahaha, blame Pulse :p

Pulse
2nd May 2008, 12:24 PM
Hahaha, blame Pulse :p

Oh, it's all my fault I see... & back at you :p :D

liegeprime
3rd May 2008, 07:10 PM
Ive seen KOs ( and shamelessly bought some waaaay back in Phils) of beast wars as they sell really cheap - about AU$3 at the time. These first released ones are of almost the same size ( a few micromillimeter thickness in some) and packaging wise is just like your normal bubble carded beastwars, but you can easily tell coz of
A) the cheaper feel of the plastic, some of the mold edges are thicker and not well defined
B) the clear parts are painted of the same hueonly, instead of being clear
C) the more deep colored paints and hues of the original are lighter in KOs
D) they dont have the BW faction symbols or crystal symbols - only a round bare or flat colored area where it should be.
E) Instead of the usual ratchets and sprews used in the original figures, the KOs tend to use ordinary screws mostly.
F) For those with supposedly transmetalized parts, not all are copied in the KOs
G) the packaging looks really dubious in most

This is just based on the ones I owned and left back in Phils, hope this helps.

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 03:32 PM
when you say mini beast wars figure, which ones are you referring to?