PDA

View Full Version : JP Exclusive Million/Generations (book) Stepper?

gdmetro
20th April 2011, 08:53 PM
Just saw this over at TFW:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/394742-tf-generarions-exclusive-steper.html

Source:
http://millionhero.jp/tfg2011/stepper.html

Using Babelfish- important points:
-This is merely a prototype- may be subject to change.
-Pricing and Details on how to obtain this exclusive will be announced, April 27th.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y320/gdmetro/sr01.jpg
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y320/gdmetro/sr02.jpg
http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y320/gdmetro/sc01.jpg

1AZRAEL1
20th April 2011, 08:58 PM
I want. It was obvious they would do it.

Zippo
20th April 2011, 09:00 PM
So brought ..

gdmetro
20th April 2011, 09:01 PM
And he actually is holding nightstick as target master!! Man I want this. Having said that, its probably similar to those Henkei exclusives i.e. electro disruptor Mirage- $90 a pop.

This is good indication they will do Artfire and Blue Bluestreak. :D

gamblor916
20th April 2011, 09:09 PM
What about black and red Tracks and ciggie branded Wheeljack? :D

Stepper actually looks good in all that garish paint. I wonder how to nab one?

Vector Prime
20th April 2011, 09:12 PM
Ooohhh.... me want! :eek:

gdmetro
20th April 2011, 09:14 PM
What about black and red Tracks and ciggie branded Wheeljack? :D

Stepper actually looks good in all that garish paint. I wonder how to nab one?

You are putting too many delicious ideas into my head... :D

I think these are Japanese mail-away exclusives in the vein of the Henkei exclusives- Electro Disruptor Mirage, Strafe, Dark Skyfire, Ghost Starscream... So they will be scarcer- probably available via online retail shops for similar prices- $90 each?

I think this will be way more in demand than the Henkei ones- which barring Mirage weren't that great IMO...

Better jump on the pre-orders!

kaiden
20th April 2011, 09:31 PM
it looks more like united to me? i cant be sure, since there are no tail-light screenshots because that would be the obvious indicator.

the white on stepper looks too good to be hasbro? :P

but the nightstick confuses me as where would he be stored in alt mode?

its a great looking repaint though

1AZRAEL1
20th April 2011, 09:36 PM
Ooohhh.... me want! :eek:

If you do another order... :p

gdmetro
20th April 2011, 09:37 PM
it looks more like united to me? i cant be sure, since there are no tail-light screenshots because that would be the obvious indicator.

the white on stepper looks too good to be hasbro? :P

but the nightstick confuses me as where would he be stored in alt mode?

its a great looking repaint though

It's not Generations as in (Hasbro) but I think the TF Generations magazine. It's technically not United- as not released under that banner- who knows... but its Japanese for sure.

Don't know what they will do with the target master...

valkyrie_76
20th April 2011, 09:40 PM
Good god I just drooled on the computer :D

Ill be buying two of them I think (open and MOSC) and if they do the others, same thing :D

gdmetro
20th April 2011, 10:05 PM
Good god I just drooled on the computer :D

Ill be buying two of them I think (open and MOSC) and if they do the others, same thing :D

You are giving me bad ideas ...:p

The more I look at this guy the more I want it...:D

Vector Prime
20th April 2011, 10:07 PM
If you do another order... :p

If? :confused:

You mean when? :p

You are giving me bad ideas ...:p

The more I look at this guy the more I want it...:D

Stop lying to yourself - you know you want it!

I've passed that point already - if someone can direct me to where I can pre-order him, then two shall be mine! :D

valkyrie_76
20th April 2011, 10:08 PM

I've passed that point already - if someone can direct me to where I can pre-order him, then two shall be mine! :D

Just two? :D:D:D:D

Vector Prime
20th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Just two? :D:D:D:D

Yeah, I'm not that greedy :D

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2011, 10:56 PM
Million is the same publishing firm that pumped out the Transformers Generations and Transformers Generations Deluxe (and that movie Generations book) -- so by "Generations" Stepper they mean Million's Generations series of books, which are really nice IMO (well the first two are anyway -- didn't bother with the moofie one). So this would be a TOMY thing - if it were Hasbro the toy would be called Ricochet anyway.

My suspicion is that this toy will be available either as an exclusive mail away with the purchase of an upcoming Generations book (like G1 Rescue Ratchet and Protect Ironhide, or those exclusive repaints of Skids and Crosscut), or it could be a draw-prize where you have to purchase a Generations book and mail in a coupon to enter the competition, like with G1 Primus.

If it's the former, then you'd better get your coupons in early if you wanna order this toy. If it's the latter, then good luck! :)

5FDP
20th April 2011, 11:06 PM
Until this guy was reissued by Hasbro (as 'Ricochet') I had no idea who Stepper was.

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2011, 11:25 PM
I knew who he (and Artfire) was... but I didn't care. Oh wait, I still don't care. :p I only got reissue Artfire cos I know that I'll never want to pay the exhorbitant after market prices for an original (why should I pay through the nose for a character I never even knew as a kid??) -- so the reissue gave me the opportunity to own one for cheap. Even in Japanese canon Stepper and Artfire's appearance is brief. Neither of them appeared in The★Headmasters anime -- they just appeared really briefly in the manga. I have the reprint if you'd like me to bring it along to the next meet. :)

It's funny how HasTak can make take a really obscure character that most fans wouldn't give a hoot about -- make it exclusive and suddenly people want it. :p Go on then... retool/repaint Meantime as a lucky-draw exclusive Time Warrior... do it HasTak! DO IT!!

griffin
21st April 2011, 12:57 AM
Must mean there is another Generations Book coming out soon then... probably for the 2011 Movie toys. (these Million/Generations toys are only available as mail-order from coupons in those books, or on the secondary market)

(edited title to prevent confusion between the Generations JP books and the Hasbro Generations toyline)

fatbot
21st April 2011, 02:13 AM
That is so bought!

Tober
21st April 2011, 05:15 AM
Looks nice, in a garish sorta way.

Nothing however makes me want something more than being told I can't have it. :o

liegeprime
21st April 2011, 06:07 AM
I knew who he (and Artfire) was... but I didn't care. Oh wait, I still don't care. :p I only got reissue Artfire cos I know that I'll never want to pay the exhorbitant after market prices for an original (why should I pay through the nose for a character I never even knew as a kid??) -- so the reissue gave me the opportunity to own one for cheap. Even in Japanese canon Stepper and Artfire's appearance is brief. Neither of them appeared in The★Headmasters anime -- they just appeared really briefly in the manga. I have the reprint if you'd like me to bring it along to the next meet. :)

It's funny how HasTak can make take a really obscure character that most fans wouldn't give a hoot about -- make it exclusive and suddenly people want it. :p Go on then... retool/repaint Meantime as a lucky-draw exclusive Time Warrior... do it HasTak! DO IT!!

you have reissue Artfire? I didnt know he was reissued? IS this a new Acquisition, I didnt see him when I was at your place before... locked up in safekeeping?

Vector Prime
21st April 2011, 08:43 AM
Nothing however makes me want something more than being told I can't have it. :o

+1 :D

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah, baby, yeah!

I knew who he (and Artfire) was... but I didn't care. Oh wait, I still don't care. :p I only got reissue Artfire cos I know that I'll never want to pay the exhorbitant after market prices for an original

you have reissue Artfire? I didnt know he was reissued? IS this a new Acquisition, I didnt see him when I was at your place before... locked up in safekeeping?

He means Stepper.

gekisou
21st April 2011, 10:25 AM
It will be released under the UNITED banner.
Can't wait for pricing. :)

GoktimusPrime
21st April 2011, 10:54 AM
My Encore Artfire is safely locked away in your fantasy. ;)

He means Stepper.

Or that. :p

It doesn't help that for Car Robot, Takara released a Spychanger with Stepper's colours and called it Artfire (RE: RiD Hot Shot). :o

jaydisc
21st April 2011, 11:13 AM
This should have the same avaiability of past exclusives Clear Mirage, Ghost Starscream, Skids & Screech. FanToFan can probably help get you the book and order the toy on your behalf or you can pay a bit more and let RK do it for you.

gdmetro
22nd April 2011, 02:27 AM
And BBTS has it for pre-order: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MPB10005&mode=retail

HOLY $120.... :eek:

At that price... I might bow out as awesome as this guy is...

Hopefully other sites have it for under $100...

Tober
22nd April 2011, 02:47 AM
Ryan has updated his Twitter account with these details:

FantoFan

On Thursday 21st April 2011, @FantoFanJapan said:

Taking orders for the TF Generations 2011 vol.1 from Million Publishing now at 2800JPY per copy. Getting a copy will allow you be eligible for ordering the exclusive United Stepper, price & release time TBC, book comes out on 27 Apr. Order at Ryan@fantofan.jp

So the book is about $32 + [United Stepper] + [F2F service] + [Japan shipping] = $???

Exclusive figures aren't usually more than $5 above RRP. A group order would help diminish the last two factors.

kaiden
22nd April 2011, 10:43 AM
Ryan has updated his Twitter account with these details:

So the book is about $32 + [United Stepper] + [F2F service] + [Japan shipping] = $???

Exclusive figures aren't usually more than $5 above RRP. A group order would help diminish the last two factors.

so... $100?

i asked RK if they will be selling it.

Zippo
22nd April 2011, 11:50 AM
Ordered from BBTS whiel I look for other suppliers.

Fungal Infection
22nd April 2011, 12:03 PM
If? :confused:

You mean when? :p

I'll gladly be a part of any order you do *hint*! :D

Gouki
22nd April 2011, 01:03 PM
Until I saw the price, I wanted Stepper so bad. He's just a character I've latched onto since getting his TFC version purely because he was $35 at Manifest a few years back and a Targetmaster, since he's pretty much a complete blank slate--with an awesome paint job.

Jazz might be the better character, but Stepper looks way cooler. and, again, Targetmaster.

SharkyMcShark
22nd April 2011, 03:15 PM
As a brief aside, is the targetmaster partner not gangmolded with Cyclonus?

Vector Prime
22nd April 2011, 09:26 PM
$120 before shipping on BBTS, aye?

So who's still going to get one? :p

VERT
22nd April 2011, 09:34 PM
I have an extra Jazz some black paint and some gold foil sticker sheets. But I dont have $120 plus postage.

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 09:44 PM

It is kind of funny considering you can still get a TFC G1 Stepper eight years later for $40 shipped and the Alternator version five years later for $50 shipped. And yet this will cost more than both combined. :D

gdmetro
22nd April 2011, 09:56 PM
It is kind of funny considering you can still get a TFC G1 Stepper eight years later for $40 shipped and the Alternator version five years later for $50 shipped. And yet this will cost more than both combined. :D

Are you still getting/thinking about getting one of these?

Man...$120 + Postage is steep for a new repainted deluxe + Targetmaster, even if it is an awesome exclusive Japanese item. :D

On the other hand I'm hoping it will be cheaper elsewhere. The FantoFan option Tober was talking about sounds good.. or maybe other asian based sites i.e. RK might have it cheaper. I'd definitely be interested in a group buy of this if the final price was more reasonable.

If they are doing a whole heap of these exclusives...hopefully they will be spaced out enough or I will cry- especially if Artfire is done and costs like $250.

Vector Prime
22nd April 2011, 10:03 PM
Well, I've gone ahead and placed an order for one with BBTS - it's a pre-order item so I'm not charged until it's in stock, but at least I have one reserved for me (just in case).

Hopefully someone else lists a pre-order soon (at a lower price point in the vicinity of $80 USD which is the normal going rate) and I'll switch my order.

fatbot
22nd April 2011, 10:36 PM
I've sent an email to Ryan at Fantofan in Japan asking about this. When he gets back to me I'll let all of you know what he's charging for it.

Tober
22nd April 2011, 10:50 PM
I've sent an email to Ryan at Fantofan in Japan asking about this. When he gets back to me I'll let all of you know what he's charging for it.

I can sorta answer that one for you ;) I was making an inquiry for 5-10 orders...

Hi

Thanks, should be no problem in processing 5-10 orders for the exclusives, which would require to get you to also get 3-5 copies of the book as well. While I am not able to provide the shipping options for now, the will be no significant markup for services to process the order, it will be really base on the price of the exclusive, the price of the book is however confirmed,

1. TF Generations 2011 vol.1 2800JPY per copy

2. TF Generations 2011 vol.1 exclusive United Stepper price unknown (assumed 3800-4500JPY each)

If you order more than 2 copies of the book, I might be able to give extra discount for each copy, 2600JPY per copy for 3 copies or more.

I will have to send in the order for the books in a day so if you wish to confirm the order, please let me know soon, will have to send you a payment request for the deposit after that.

Thanks

Regards

Ryan

He's being a bit pushy with that order date. His reply also seems to imply that he expects to be able to order two Steppers for every book, which is not unusual.

Hydra
23rd April 2011, 01:32 AM
I had a couple customers from these boards a while back, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a post here.

I'm selling the Steppers at 100 US dollars shipped anywhere in the world by EMS, including Australia. If you want to order more than one, additional Steppers will be $90 shipped due to the combined shipping decrease.

I know this isn't the sales forum, but I figured I'd just put this out there if there's anyone that needs it. Of course, I can sell you the bookas well if you need it.

Send me a message if you're interested.
I've got feedback on the Allspark and on Ebay.

-Hydra

griffin
23rd April 2011, 01:48 AM
I can vouch for Hydra, he's been around for many a year in the online fandom... and being such a wealth of knowledge, he was the BotCon Trivia Champion for a few years running if I remember correctly, (until I had the privilege of duelling him in 2004).

I've activated his account, to allow for private messages, if anyone needs to use it. (and you can post future sales in the Saleyard too)

iceburn
23rd April 2011, 02:25 AM
hydra.. are you andrew?

kaiden
23rd April 2011, 03:52 AM
wow the prices for stepper are insane! even dearer than ghost starscream and ED mirage?

is anyone from SA interested in ordering from fantofan?

Vector Prime
23rd April 2011, 08:46 AM
I had a couple customers from these boards a while back, so I thought I'd go ahead and make a post here.

I'm selling the Steppers at 100 US dollars shipped anywhere in the world by EMS, including Australia. If you want to order more than one, additional Steppers will be $90 shipped due to the combined shipping decrease.

I know this isn't the sales forum, but I figured I'd just put this out there if there's anyone that needs it. Of course, I can sell you the bookas well if you need it.

Send me a message if you're interested.
I've got feedback on the Allspark and on Ebay.

-Hydra

I can vouch for Hydra, he's been around for many a year in the online fandom... and being such a wealth of knowledge, he was the BotCon Trivia Champion for a few years running if I remember correctly, (until I had the privilege of duelling him in 2004).

I've activated his account, to allow for private messages, if anyone needs to use it. (and you can post future sales in the Saleyard too)

Well if Hydra has Griff's seal of approval, then that's good enough for me! :p

Hydra, you have PM re: 2 x Steppers. ;)

1AZRAEL1
23rd April 2011, 09:03 AM
Well if Hydra has Griff's seal of approval, then that's good enough for me! :p

Hydra, you have PM re: 2 x Steppers. ;)

Is that one for me? :p

Vector Prime
23rd April 2011, 09:11 AM
Is that one for me? :p

Maybe... :p

Sky Shadow
23rd April 2011, 11:46 AM
Are you still getting/thinking about getting one of these?

I won't be because I'm not really a 'Classics' person. If I wanted the mould I would buy one these rather than a Jazz, though.

Hydra
23rd April 2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the warm response!

Yeah, I think I only won the trivia contest one year (I believe it was '99, when they had the Beast Wars original renders from Mainframe as a prize. I picked the Predacon one.^^ A lot of my knowledge is centered around Japanese stuff, so I must have really lucked out that year.

And yeah, that's me, Iceburn.

Thanks for the messages! I'll get back to everyone right away.

Zippo
23rd April 2011, 06:16 PM
Well, I was watching your posts on the Allspark about the set there Hydra and I might just have to take the jump and secure a few of these via you. A $20US saving is good for me.

Tober
28th April 2011, 06:29 AM
The book was released yesterday. Book details from TFW2005 here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/397543-transformers-generations-2011-vol-1-a.html).

Regarding the Stepper order:

The application deadline is August 27.
The purchase applicant will apply by a postcard attached to the book.
The item is going to be shipped after the end of December.
The hauler sends out an item to the buyer who is in Japan.
The person who bought a book can order two items in one book.
The price of item is undecided. The publishing company is going to announce it in May.

optimus1
28th April 2011, 10:01 AM
I'd love to get a Stepper sometime, I'd be willing to pay a little bit of a premium for this particular repaint.

griffin
28th April 2011, 12:21 PM
December? That is a huge wait if the book is out now in April.

Vector Prime
28th April 2011, 08:21 PM
"shipped after the end of December"? :confused:

That's one long lead time to get a hold of Stepper :(

UltraMagnus
28th April 2011, 11:20 PM
"shipped after the end of December"? :confused:

That's one long lead time to get a hold of Stepper :(

Seems overpriced for an exclusive Jazz figure :eek:
Either way, I hope its less than the price quote, otherwise it could be kitbash time.

Hydra
29th April 2011, 12:49 AM
It actually says "late December or later," which means sometime in December by the publisher's record.

This is a longer than normal wait, so I kind of suspect it'll be out slightly earlier than that.

griffin
29th April 2011, 12:22 PM
Considering the last figure (Elite Guard Optimus) was pushed back a month or two (and a few general release items in the last year)... I don't have much faith in TT to ever be early with a release.
If they already have the toy colours done and a sample produced, and the book is now out for pre-ordering, it suggests that it is ready to be produced right now but the publisher wants to make sure they produce enough to meet demand/orders. I guess with production/shipping-to-Japan times would account for the 4 months between pre-order cutoff and its release to customers. Maybe the 4 months of pre-orders is too long, making the 8 month wait longer than it should be.

Vector Prime
19th May 2011, 07:46 PM
Stepper pricing has been announced, as reported on seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/exclusive-stepper-price-announced-by-million-publishing/21683/) and is not as expensive as originally speculated.

Whether it is Stepper or Ricochet to you, Million Publishing has released the price tag on their 2011 exclusive item! The price of one Stepper along with Million Publishing's exclusive book is 4700 Yen or $57 US. Stepper by itself goes for 3500 Yen or $43 US. The price of two Steppers and one book is 8800 Yen ($108 US) ! Will these prices see a drop in the import price for Stepper/Ricochet on our Site Sponsors? Only time will tell!

1AZRAEL1
19th May 2011, 07:53 PM
Ah great price, much better than i expected

kaiden
19th May 2011, 08:14 PM
Stepper pricing has been announced, as reported on seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/exclusive-stepper-price-announced-by-million-publishing/21683/) and is not as expensive as originally speculated.

which is why i was so confused by $100+ pre-order prices as ghost starscream and electro disruptor mirage were $80 at RK and stepper doesnt even have clear parts like those 2 did.

sifun
19th May 2011, 08:57 PM
how to preorder

gamblor916
19th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Hmmm so we need a partial refund now...

kaiden
19th May 2011, 09:19 PM
Hmmm so we need a partial refund now...

good luck with that.

SharkyMcShark
19th May 2011, 09:42 PM
Was it confirmed whether it actually came with recoloured Nightstick?

valkyrie_76
19th May 2011, 09:49 PM
Was surprised on how expensive some people were being quoted for but it does not worry me as someone will be getting 2 for me :D

UltraMagnus
21st May 2011, 01:49 PM
I typically order these straight away, but for some reason the thought of a $15 USD repainted toy for 10 times the price seemed ridiculous.

I believe BBTS does not charge unless the pre-order has arrived to them and then shipped. So for people who ordered at BBTS then no issues.

For the new price I will buy one or two :)

SkyWarp91
23rd May 2011, 05:55 AM
Kind of a kick in the nuts as apparently the G1 re-release of this guy was a shelf-warmer but now this one is a pricey exclusive, looks awesome but I'm not willing to get it.

Seraphim Prime
23rd May 2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the warm response!

Yeah, I think I only won the trivia contest one year (I believe it was '99, when they had the Beast Wars original renders from Mainframe as a prize. I picked the Predacon one.^^ A lot of my knowledge is centered around Japanese stuff, so I must have really lucked out that year.

And yeah, that's me, Iceburn.

Thanks for the messages! I'll get back to everyone right away.

This be the same Hydra that contributed so much to Jim Sorenson's Ark Vol. 2? :)

Welcome aboard!!