PDA

View Full Version : The Guess-What-The-Number-In-Sky-Shadow's-Sig-Means Game!

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 06:05 PM
As mentioned below the line, the number in my signature means something. Guess what it means before the number reaches zero, and you win an awesome* prize!

Guess away in this thread (there is no limit to the number of guesses you may make.)

*awesomenessissubjectiveandthepromoter'sdecisions concerningallmattersrelatedtothispromotionarefinal andbindingandnocorrespondencewillbeenteredinto andstuff.

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 06:34 PM
141 days til dark side of the moon?

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 06:39 PM
141 days til dark side of the moon?

The Pink Floyd album? :p

(No, it's not a countdown to the next Transformers film.)

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 06:41 PM
any clue?

Hursticon
21st April 2011, 06:43 PM
141 Days until you become a Father?
(Also, is it one guess per person, per day? :confused:)

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 06:47 PM
141 day til you get married

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 06:49 PM
any clue?

It is actually related to OTCA and not just random.

141 Days until you become a Father?
(Also, is it one guess per person, per day? :confused:)

Nope... unless there's something my wife isn't telling me. :p

As many guesses as you like every day.

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 06:50 PM
we almost have 141 members?

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 07:07 PM
we almost have 141 members?

I believe we currently have 394 members, but that was a clever guess, D_O.

Hursticon
21st April 2011, 07:08 PM
Nope... unless there's something my wife isn't telling me. :p

Hehe. :D

As many guesses as you like every day.

Ah ok...

Umm... 141 Days until the Official Birth-date of OTCA/OZformers?

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 07:11 PM
Ah ok...

Umm... 141 Days until the Official Birth-date of OTCA/OZformers?

Nope, but that's good too.

(And yes, the number just went up by two. Weird...)

loophole
21st April 2011, 07:14 PM
the amount of ozformers that are going to hit you the next time they see you for making this silly game :p

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 07:19 PM
the amount of ozformers that are going to hit you the next time they see you for making this silly game :p

Best answer so far. :D (But still no.)

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 07:20 PM
howcome its counting up i thought this was a count down?

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 07:23 PM
is this the estimated count of users that goes online here at otca

Hursticon
21st April 2011, 07:24 PM
143 Days until an OTCA exclusive Universe 2.0 Legends Brawn repaint is issued for sale as Outback? :D

Sky Shadow
21st April 2011, 07:32 PM
howcome its counting up i thought this was a count down?

I'm sure it will ultimately get to zero, but sometimes it will mysteriously go up too. It's part of the conundrum. :)

is this the estimated count of users that goes online here at otca

Not that either, but don't get discouraged!

143 Days until an OTCA exclusive Universe 2.0 Legends Brawn repaint is issued for sale as Outback? :D

You wish. :p

Hursticon
21st April 2011, 07:53 PM
You wish. :p
Yes, yes I do. :cool:

Umm... 143 Days until the Forum gets a facelift? :p

Deceptic_Optic
21st April 2011, 11:29 PM
143 deluxe members?

LordCyrusOmega
21st April 2011, 11:35 PM
Number of toys needed until you reach a big number or the amount you have incoming? It goes up when you sell something and down when you recieve something

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 06:42 AM
Umm... 143 Days until the Forum gets a facelift? :p

143 deluxe members?

Sorry guys, these are still not the answer.

(When I say it's "actually related to OTCA and not just random" I just mean it is something that can be deduced by the members of this forum rather than something completely extrinsic like my wife giving birth.)

Number of toys needed until you reach a big number or the amount you have incoming? It goes up when you sell something and down when you recieve something

That is a truly clever guess and accounts for the fluctuation of numbers. (But it's also not the answer.)

Deceptic_Optic
22nd April 2011, 07:04 AM
number of post in certain thread?

kup
22nd April 2011, 10:36 AM
your OTCA membership anniversary date?

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 01:03 PM
number of post in certain thread?

your OTCA membership anniversary date?

Still neither of these, but as you can see, the counting has once again gone down...

Sleeve
22nd April 2011, 01:07 PM
(When I say it's "actually related to OTCA and not just random" I just mean it is something that can be deduced by the members of this forum rather than something completely extrinsic like my wife giving birth.)

The number of OTCA members who will simply wait until the number reaches 0 to find out what it means? :p

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 01:12 PM
The number of OTCA members who will simply wait until the number reaches 0 to find out what it means? :p

Good answer. Or 'the number of OTCA members who will throw rocks at Sky Shadow when they find out what it means'. :)

(But still no.)

Deceptic_Optic
22nd April 2011, 01:13 PM
thenumber of views - number of replies + number of guesses in this thread?

Hursticon
22nd April 2011, 01:15 PM

Argh man, that was so close to what I was about to say! :p:D

Deceptic_Optic
22nd April 2011, 01:18 PM
its frustating il be so upset if i dont get this!:confused:

Deceptic_Optic
22nd April 2011, 01:26 PM
the number of views - number of replies to this thread and - as off 7am

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 02:41 PM
the number of views - number of replies to this thread and - as off 7am

Still not quite on the right track, but theoretically you could work out the answer using only the information you have available to you in this thread.

Deceptic_Optic
22nd April 2011, 05:49 PM
man this riddle is total brain fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!

GoktimusPrime
22nd April 2011, 06:20 PM
your birthday?

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 06:32 PM
your birthday?

Not that either. Just so it's clear, the fluctuations of the number in 'real time' are monitoring something specific, so it can't be a countdown to a specific date (as the number has gone up and down by more than one during the course of a single day.)

Demonac
22nd April 2011, 06:45 PM
It's the difference between the number of posts you have made to that of Hursticon.

Sky Shadow
22nd April 2011, 07:50 PM
It's the difference between the number of posts you have made to that of Hursticon.

Wow, we have a winner!

Yes, I noticed the other day that it probably wouldn't be long before my post count would be overtaken by one of OTCA's more active posters from the class of 2009 or 2010 - either 5FDP or Hursticon. Hursticon was currently in the lead, so I started counting it down in my sig.

Hursti - you have been a fantastic addition to the forum since you joined last year (and only 12,875 more posts until you overtake Goktimus.) :p

Demonac - well done. I'll be getting my 'prizes' out of storage for the Parramatta Fair towards the end of May, so I'll send you your prize then if that's good with you.

Everyone else (particularly Deceptic_Optic) I'm sorry for messing with your minds. ;)

Hursticon
22nd April 2011, 08:34 PM
Wow, we have a winner!

Yes, I noticed the other day that it probably wouldn't be long before my post count would be overtaken by one of OTCA's more active posters from the class of 2009 or 2010 - either 5FDP or Hursticon. Hursticon was currently in the lead, so I started counting it down in my sig.

Hursti - you have been a fantastic addition to the forum since you joined last year (and only 12,875 more posts until you overtake Goktimus.) :p

Demonac - well done. I'll be getting my 'prizes' out of storage for the Parramatta Fair towards the end of May, so I'll send you your prize then if that's good with you.

Everyone else (particularly Deceptic_Optic) I'm sorry for messing with your minds. ;)

Well I'll be... :eek:

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, being the subject of the competition :p, but I thank you all the same Sky Shadow for the compliments, the sentiment is much appreciated. ;):)
A big congratulations to Demonac for having very acute observational skills and my condolences to Deceptic Optic, you fought valiantly sir! :cool:

Demonac
22nd April 2011, 08:44 PM
Just so it's clear, the fluctuations of the number in 'real time' are monitoring something specific

That line was the giveaway for me.

Deceptic_Optic
23rd April 2011, 03:32 AM
demonac nice one! i was getting close i knew its about the posts but just dont know where to start. at the end it was myself who defeated myself for having no patient. that answer was there staringt at me in my face it would have bitten me in the face if it was a snake hahaha

wow it was a brain fudge but i like it hehehe thanks sky shadow:)

Hurtsi thanks mate and btw you are a very good addtion to this forum keep up the good work!

Bartrim
23rd April 2011, 08:45 AM
I probably would of got in trouble if I posted my guess. Anyway contests to Demonac

KillinSpoon
23rd April 2011, 04:31 PM
I probably would of got in trouble if I posted my guess. Anyway contests to Demonac

Well, now you don't really have a choice.
Spill it! :P

Bartrim
23rd April 2011, 04:40 PM

Oops that was supposed to be congrats not contests. Stupid iPhone predictive text

Well, now you don't really have a choice.
Spill it! :P

As a moderator I really shouldn't of posted my first comment. It was more or less a tongue in cheek comment directed at Sky Shadow to see if he couldwork it out

theheretic
29th March 2012, 10:31 AM
I'm so glad I found this thread AFTER the answer was found. Games like this drive me crazy until I find the answer. And being a man I can only concentrate on one task at a time. Did I say being a man? Maybe "special" would be closer to the truth, LOL.

EDIT: Curiosity got me. Checked out Hursti's statistic and I was shocked! You've kept an average of over 10 posts a day, that's awesome.

5FDP
29th March 2012, 12:12 PM
EDIT: Curiosity got me. Checked out Hursti's statistic and I was shocked! You've kept an average of over 10 posts a day, that's awesome.

Surely this doesn't surprise you? :p

Sky Shadow
29th March 2012, 08:05 PM
Oh crap - this reminds me that I owe Demonac an awesome* prize... well it's only a year late. :o

Demonac
29th March 2012, 08:28 PM
Good work necromancing this thread theheretic, as I forgot too.
Now cough up...although I don't like the looks of that asterisk.

Sky Shadow
30th March 2012, 02:51 AM
Good work necromancing this thread theheretic, as I forgot too.
Now cough up...although I don't like the looks of that asterisk.

Why? It's an awesome* asterisk. :p

Since I'm overseas and my stuff is still in storage, your awesome* prize will be...

an awesome* original artwork of a Transformer in an action of your choice! If you've always wanted a picture of Action Masters Kick-Off playing for your favourite football team, Shattered Glass Lord Straxus writing poetry, or just an artwork of Deathcobra not being dead, now is your chance!

You tell me the character and the act and I'll supply the awesome* art.

P.S. Demonac - the asterisks lead back to the first post, which says...

*awesomenessissubjectiveandthepromoter'sdecisions concerningallmattersrelatedtothispromotionarefinal andbindingandnocorrespondencewillbeenteredinto andstuff.