PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worried about spoilers for TF3?

griffin
25th April 2011, 10:26 PM
There was a huge outcry about protecting spoilers during the lead up to the 2007 Movie, and even the 2009 Movie... but I'm just not feeling it this time around.

Is anyone trying to avoid TF3 posts/news/reviews/acquisitions here?

Or, are you not bothered about being spoiled anymore? And if so, is it because the 'fad' of the Movie Universe is no longer there to want to hold off until its release to be excited? Or you were so let down by the second one, you don't care what is in the third one to be spoilt? Or after 4 years of Movie Universe, you don't expect there to be much that is significantly new in the third movie? Or some other reason?

At this time, as part of the running of this forum, I've kept Movie toy Reviews in the Movie section because of potential spoilers (but also because unreleased toys are news-worthy).
If there isn't a significant avoidance of TF3 info/postings because of spoilers, I can relocate the reviews when the toys start to be released, instead of when the movie comes out 6 weeks later.
It would also mean not having to create separate acquisitions and sightings topics for Movie toys.

We will always have a separate Movie News section, due to the sheer volume of Movie News content - it makes it easier to follow or avoid Movie Universe news/info.

liegeprime
25th April 2011, 10:32 PM
Ive never avoided spoilers since movie 1. Doesn't bother me if there be any spoilers on any thread i might happen upon, but Im not actively seeking out info for the movies anyways. I dunno, mebbe I aint so excited anymore about it after movie one. Somehow it hasnt held any great WOW factor to me even though it is Transformers, but yeh, TF3 is kinda meh news to me...

kup
25th April 2011, 10:44 PM
People have caught on what to expect from a Michael Bay movie (take that as you will).

He follows a pretty straight formula which despite differences in quality, it was still pretty noticeable in both TF1 and TF2 so there is very little surprises to be had. The story is really little more than threads that string together his action set pieces and not much more than that so if you are familiar with Bay's work, you pretty much already know what to expect regardless if you like his style or not.

Paulbot
25th April 2011, 10:47 PM
Hard to avoid character spoilers what with comic covers, most other TF websites, some people's signatures (:rolleyes:) But I have watched only the teaser trailer and would prefer not to know any more of the plot than I've already picked up by osmosis.

The first movie proved that toys don't mean an appearance in the film and with my attendance at BotCon it's pretty hard to not see what toys are coming. But I only know for sure that three new toys are in the movie and am happy to wait and see which of those other designs are in the movie. I don't need or want anyone spelling it out before hand.

The first and second movies also proves that a G1 name given to a robot in the Bay movie doesn't mean a robot thats anything like the G1 character is in the movie.

Still would be nice to get some surprises in DOTM. I don't get why people want to know everything about a movie years before they see it.

So I'd been happy for DOTM toy reviews and sightings to be in regular sections but questions about movie plot to be kept separate from general discussions.

Vector Prime
25th April 2011, 10:51 PM
I'm not concerned about spoilers for anything, let alone TF or TF3 movie news.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that I know in advance what's going to happen in a book/movie/game/life - I guess that's just me, even if I've been subjected to spoilers, they never 'spoil' it for me. :p

Demonac
25th April 2011, 10:51 PM
This movie is going to have a plot?? :eek:

loophole
25th April 2011, 10:52 PM
i still try to avoid spoilers but this time around im not really concerned if i accidently come across them due to the fact that TF2 wasnt that good so im not expecting much from TF3

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th April 2011, 11:48 PM
Am not really fussed about spoilers. Haven't been looking or information on the story of the movie, but haven't been actively avoiding either.

Toys end up being spoilers I guess, but that has always been the way with Transformers and I like to know whats cming out before it's out so I can plan, so having things spoiled in that respect is kind of expected.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
26th April 2011, 12:17 AM
I'm not concerned about spoilers for anything, let alone TF or TF3 movie news.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that I know in advance what's going to happen in a book/movie/game/life - I guess that's just me, even if I've been subjected to spoilers, they never 'spoil' it for me. :p

Isn't your sig a spoiler for people who dont want to be spoilt :p

5FDP
26th April 2011, 12:24 AM
Considering this is the third movie, I'm fairly certain that most people already know what it's about and who the main characters will be. If I stumble across the odd spoiler here or there, I'm not fussed however I respect those that try to avoid all details prior to seeing the movie.

Vector Prime
26th April 2011, 12:49 AM
Isn't your sig a spoiler for people who dont want to be spoilt :p

Even if you were a TF fan hiding under a rock all this time, as if you weren't aware that those two guys appear in the third movie? :p

Tober
26th April 2011, 02:30 AM
Even if you were a TF fan hiding under a rock all this time, as if you weren't aware that **** and ********* appear in the third movie? :p

That is sorta what I'm aiming for, but yeah, I'm only really aware of two major new additions to the cast.

griffin
26th April 2011, 02:44 AM
So much for asking for no spoilers in this topic...
I don't often notice siggie pics as I scroll through a topic, but now the image and name of a cycloptic character of TF3 is now confirmed in a topic titled 'no spoilers'.
Sure, most already know the name or image, but I'd think there would be quite a few who managed to avoid both so far.

(moving topic to movie section and editting title)

LordCyrusOmega
26th April 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm trying to avoid spoilers though I've seen a preview for it and I am aware of 2 new characters. Would rather watch a movie without knowing too much about it first.
Also I want to know the cast so when the toys come out I can start buying them as I'm only interested in getting who's in the movie,

Sky Shadow
26th April 2011, 11:52 AM
Even if you were a TF fan hiding under a rock all this time, as if you weren't aware that **** and ********* appear in the third movie? :p

VP - I believe this is the point of the thread. If we can work out if there actually are no people deliberately hiding under enormous rocks then we can be a bit more open about potential spoilers. Until we can gauge the size of the rocks people are hiding under, we have to assume that anything might be a spoiler, including the two characters in your sig.

Vector Prime
26th April 2011, 11:55 AM
Well I didn't know that the appearance of two well known characters was going to cause the fandom so much distress, so I will remove my signature and edit my original post with the two character's names - since Tober quoted my original post, I'm not sure how the removal of their names will occur from that.

Bartrim
26th April 2011, 12:38 PM
Well I didn't know that the appearance of two well known characters was going to cause the fandom so much distress, so I will remove my signature and edit my original post with the two character's names - since Tober quoted my original post, I'm not sure how the removal of their names will occur from that.

I fixed it. I for one am all for spoilers... Probably because I'm impatient.

Sky Shadow
26th April 2011, 01:05 PM
Well I didn't know that the appearance of two well known characters was going to cause the fandom so much distress, so I will remove my signature and edit my original post with the two character's names

I'm totally 'guilty' too... changing avatar... now. :D

liegeprime
26th April 2011, 06:03 PM
Meh, those people are prolly dead being crushed under bog rock and all.... I didnt notice Decompose was in VPs sig as well:p:p

i_amtrunks
26th April 2011, 08:49 PM
This movie is going to have a plot?? :eek:

My thoughts exactly, can't ruin something that wont make sense anyway.

As for characters who appear... meh, toy information, posters etc all make it out months before the movie does.

Demonac
26th April 2011, 09:32 PM
Remember when movies needed to have a twist to get a spoiler tag?

Planet of the Apes: It's Earth.
Empire Strikes Back: Vader is Luke's old man.
Return of the Jedi: Leia is Luke's sister.
Dead of Night: The whole thing is a never ending dream.
Vertigo: The 'suicide' was faked.

Those films (and many more) become different films upon subsequent viewings, as the information contained alters the context of what came before.

GoktimusPrime
27th April 2011, 12:20 AM
I'm avoiding story spoilers, but I'm not avoiding character spoilers. I desperately WANT character spoilers but I'm finding them hard to find! (maybe cos I'm avoiding posts with story spoilers) The reason for this is because I want to know which TOYS I should be preparing and saving up to buy when they come out. The mistake I kinda made with ROTF is that I took a list of all the ROTF toys, then methodically saved - not realising that a LOT of them would never appear in the film (e.g. all the Scouts!). It's not that the Scouts are bad, but had I known that they wouldn't be in the movie, I would have made them a lower priority compared to figures of characters that are in the film.

I would also like to know which versions of which characters will be coming out. Another downside I suffered with ROTF by avoiding all spoilers is that I didn't know which toy versions of which characters were going to come out. So for example when I saw Leader Class Megatron in stores, I picked him up pronto - no probs cos I'd already saved up for him long before he came out. But had I known beforehand that they were going to make a Voyager Class version, then I probably would have skipped the abysmal Leader Class and waited for the Voyager (the main reason why I didn't get Voyager TF1 Megs is because of the unremovable ice kibble - if not for that I would've skipped TF1 Leader Megs in favour of the Voyager).

UltraMarginal
27th April 2011, 11:47 AM
I am kind of worried about spoilers, I don't really want to see all the little tidbits of stolen footage, but I will probably look for the trailer either as a quality download or at the movies.

I am interested in Figures that are coming out but I'm not hunting for info on all of them either. I am aware of certain leader figures coming out, and am looking forward to getting hold of them, but some of them will be re-released with better paint apps or accessories over the next 12 months so I'm not in a hurry to find out about them.
Once the movie's out I'll start to have a closer ear to the ground regarding toys.

I am want to go into the movie without too much knowledge or pre-conceptions.

I have a friend who actively avoids any information about a movie, he sees it based only on it's title and poster. If he's in cinema and a trailer for something he wants to see comes on he will close his eyes and block his ears.

a perfect example is the Phantom Menace, when Darth Maul reveals his double ended lightsaber for the first time, he was the only one in the cinema who went PHwOOAAR, everyone else had already seen it a dozen times.

while I love watching previews and I enjoy the anticipation of a movie, I think his method also has a lot of merit.

So anyway to finish off, I am not reading many topics that may have movie spoilers in them. I will spoil my movie toy info at Botcon and hope that that doesn't give away too much of the "plotsplosion":cool:

SkyWarp91
27th April 2011, 01:13 PM
I trust Bay to be smart enough not to reveal too much in his trailers, he's done too pretty well with that for the last 2 movies.

As for online TF news, it's inevitable to come across spoilers related to TM3, but then that's a matter of whether I choose to read on or look away. I choose the latter on most occasions.

Lord_Zed
27th April 2011, 01:25 PM
I just avoid this section of Ozformers to avoid spoilers, I don't go much place else for TF news. And as the movie gets close there's the chance of spoiler or people posting strongly positive or negative views.

Like Ultra Marginal Said I also want to go into the movie without too much knowledge or pre-conceptions.

Magnus
30th April 2011, 12:53 PM
Although I've been looking at the the movie-related headlines on TF news sites, I seldom go and read the full articles, especially if they've been tagged as containing plot points. Same for the cast and crew interviews and toy news, although I read transcripts of one or two interviews and looked at some of the articles and galleries for new toys of existing characters. I've been watching trailers as they come out, though.

I agree with UltraMarginal and Lord_Zed - I don't want to go watch it for the first time knowing a lot of what will happen plot and character-wise.