PDA

View Full Version : Animated Prowl and his side-car

Burn
2nd May 2008, 03:51 PM
This was something that came out of BotCon and it intrigues me.

Prowl is going to get a side-car which will transform into armour for him.

Will Prowl be his original release colours or will he be repainted? If his original colours then why should I waste my time buying him in the early waves when getting him with side-car armour makes much more sense.

iceburn
2nd May 2008, 03:53 PM
well, you could get 2 prowls both in different robot modes...one with armor, one without

jaydisc
2nd May 2008, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure they also said there would be a version of the toy that came with the sidecar but it would just be the same Prowl mold with a non-transforming sidecar.

griffin
2nd May 2008, 05:27 PM
That puzzled me as well, but didn't remember to ask about it later. Judging by the early stage of the unpainted prototype (the armour), they probably haven't decided if the Prowl toy will be recoloured. We already know of two recolours of first wave toys (Bumblebee and Lockdown), so a Prowl recolour would be expected.
The problem though, is that the Armor pack version would be early 2009 at the earliest, so would it be worth the risk of holding out on the Prowl from June's release?
This one's a tough one, because nobody likes buying unwanted duplicates. It's kinda like the Cybertron Vector Prime toy, which some had to buy again to get the Starscream toy (in the later released 2-pack set).

Tiby
2nd May 2008, 11:33 PM
Why can't they just make accessories like the sidecar on its own. Oh, that's right, I forgot about Hasbro being a corporation which exists solely for the purpose of making profit for its shareholders. Silly me.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd May 2008, 02:14 PM
Oo! It transforms as well as a non transforming one? That seems a little bit excessive. I suspect that "parents" (and us) will be annoyed if they came out at the same time and were limted in the boxes.

Anybody know if there is an Elite Guard Prowl thats in the pipeline? I would assume that sidecar Prowl would be that, but it seems a lot later than the other Elite guard figures.

Hopefully they will do him in a g1 prowl colour configuration.