PDA

View Full Version : Importing of Toys vs Customs around the World

iceburn
30th April 2011, 04:39 AM
This came to my attention recently after my loot from RK was sent and arrived in Singapore 2 days ago.

It's came to my own attention that it's been "Held at Customs".
Reason: I've exceeded the S$400 limit (note: Australia is A$1000, so consider you guys very lucky down under) and I am subject to pay my 7% GST charge for my items (cost including shipping charges).

This has really pissed me off as I've got a couple of parcels coming from TransformersClub especially Botcon 2011 items and the Exclusives which I believe will be stuck there too. Hence, tomorrow i'm expected to pay additional S$50-$60 to claim back my toys. Here i come "NOT-REFLECTOR"!!!

At this time, I will have to becareful of custom regulations hence the purpose of this thread.

Importing of goods for
- SINGAPORE: Must be below S$400 (inclusive of shipping fee) else GST applies
- AUSTRALIA: Must be below A$1000 (does it include shipping fee?)

Feel free to list the other countries or states if you do know any

UltraMarginal
30th April 2011, 07:47 AM
Australia is $1000 but there is a push by commerce to lower it to stop us buying over seas with such a strong dollar.
It normally doesn't include postage but if the box has a single value on it including postage then it does.

if you are over the limit, there are GST charges as well as import duties works out to be over 20% of the value I think, I haven't looked it up in a long while.