PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day

Sam
2nd May 2008, 05:28 PM
Hey all, for some time now the first Saturday of May every year is Free Comic Book day.

This means if you go to a participating comic store or book shop on the day you can get a selection of comics for FREE. (I think it's one comic per person, but somehow the guy at King's Comics last year gave me 3)

I believe both King's Comics and Kinokuniya (both located in Sydney CBD) are participating. Phantom Zone in Parramatta and Chatswood may also be participating.

I believe stores in other cities around Australia may also be involved.

So if you wanna grab a free comic, check out your comic store tomorrow.

roller
2nd May 2008, 06:35 PM
crap tommorow i always thought it was May6th

is there a free TF special comic this year??

last time i participated, you had to buy something to get the free special Armada comic

Paulbot
2nd May 2008, 10:12 PM
Yes there is a free Transformers Animated comic which, like the already released Animated comics, is made up of screen captures from the cartoon.

I've seen some Melbourne comic stores make it one free comic per item purchased.

iceburn
2nd May 2008, 10:32 PM
Yes there is a free Transformers Animated comic which, like the already released Animated comics, is made up of screen captures from the cartoon.

I've seen some Melbourne comic stores make it one free comic per item purchased.

what sort of item purchased? any item???
which store is involved?

Paulbot
2nd May 2008, 10:35 PM
In the last two years Alternate Worlds have given one free comic per purchase of another comic. Classic Comics I think give free comics to kids. I think Comics R Us have them too but not sure their deal.

iceburn
2nd May 2008, 10:53 PM
hmmm prob won't have the chance to head down city tomorrow.
got to go for a haircut :P

roller
3rd May 2008, 11:58 AM
far out i forgot about this

im trying to do homework

i will shall ring mother and ask to get me it, apart from the 2006? Armada special free comic, are there any other ones? apart from this years animated

autobreadticon
3rd May 2008, 12:00 PM
Hay does Australian comic stores have this promotion

of interest is the tf animated comic book given free to patrons.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/the_comics.asp

roller
3rd May 2008, 12:02 PM
nothing is free on this planet anymore, except disease

you must buy another comic b4 receiving the 'free' comic

autobreadticon
3rd May 2008, 12:06 PM
oh really ,

alternate worlds seem to have some in, anywho how much would that comic cost anyway?

roller
3rd May 2008, 12:11 PM
last time i participated you had to buy any comic, regardless of price to get the free tf comic

thats how i got into appocalypse nerd:)

Tommy K
3rd May 2008, 12:46 PM
been there it was great! i got myself spotlight grimlock, beast wars the gathering and the transformers free comic and a ironman poster

Kyle
3rd May 2008, 05:54 PM
I'm missing anything from before 2006...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00100.jpg

Tommy K
3rd May 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm missing anything from before 2006...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/Kyle_Chow/DSC00100.jpg

you lucky! how did you? arrgh ah well i got spotlight grimlock and beast wars the ascending aswell as my free comic book lol

Kyle
3rd May 2008, 07:41 PM
you lucky! how did you? arrgh ah well i got spotlight grimlock and beast wars the ascending aswell as my free comic book lol

You're not missing much though. :)

These FCBD TF issues have nothing new inside. The pages inside are reprints extracted from already published issues. Not sure about non-TF comics though. Although I also collect a couple of the Marvel comics, I didn't get their FCBD issues (didn't want to be too greedy... :p )

griffin
3rd May 2008, 08:38 PM
oh really ,

alternate worlds seem to have some in, anywho how much would that comic cost anyway?

Most comic shops and online stores will charge $1-3 for the free comic after the promo day is over, if they have any left.

Paulbot
3rd May 2008, 09:31 PM
Mod note: the two separate threads on this topic have become one

autobreadticon
3rd May 2008, 09:31 PM
can some1 who regularly purchases comic ,please get me and maybe Jay (im guessing you dunt buy comics) a free comic book transformers animated ???:D

roller
3rd May 2008, 09:39 PM
i just received mine, i think the armada one was better

i didnt know about the infiltration or movie ones though, are they really just reprints of other comics?

Tommy K
4th May 2008, 01:03 PM
You're not missing much though. :)

These FCBD TF issues have nothing new inside. The pages inside are reprints extracted from already published issues. Not sure about non-TF comics though. Although I also collect a couple of the Marvel comics, I didn't get their FCBD issues (didn't want to be too greedy... :p )
ok its just that i never got a infiltraion,devastation etc comics

STL
4th May 2008, 10:15 PM
I actually got most of mine when I pciked up my monthly dose of comics last week. They got in early for some. I was going to try and make it down for some sales but was a bit too tied up all weekend.

i_amtrunks
5th May 2008, 09:03 AM
Apparently Kinokuniya was giving away the comics for free, no purchase required. But only one comic per customer.

I didnt bother heading in, whats in the Animated Comic, anything new?

roller
5th May 2008, 04:25 PM
i dont know if its anything new, i havent read the other animated comics

but i think its the first episode cut way down

in fact, its weird, its really really rushed.

the autobots battle a giant slug thing, prowl dies and gets resurrected and the Skunk F's up again

Paulbot
5th May 2008, 06:10 PM
Apparently its the adaptation of the second episode (part two of the pilot), already printed in the first Animated comic.

i_amtrunks
6th May 2008, 09:03 AM
Apparently its the adaptation of the second episode (part two of the pilot), already printed in the first Animated comic.

thats what I had heard, but thanking you for the confirmation.