PDA

View Full Version : A new member from China!

amon
3rd May 2008, 12:50 PM
Hi,guys

I m Amon from China.Currently I live in Sydney and my English might not be good enough......:(

I have been always wondering why transformers toys go so fast in the shops,last year I even couldn't find a movie 08 bumblebee so that I have to order one from Ebay.Now I know why.Cuz u guys are around!

Actually I m very excited to join you and willinging to share my collections.

Tansformers was first put on TV in China in 1989,back then, Prime was "the" idol of every boys,which includes me.I "offically" became a TF fan in 2002 which is between Armada and Energon.We have www.actoys.net/bbs and www.tfclub.com these two major Chinese TF fan sites. I think Chinese fans are a mix of lucky and unlucky.We are lucky cuz Transformers factories are in China,we are alway among the first wave who can get newest toys.We are not lucky cuz...the price is considerablely high compareing to our income.For example,in Shanghai(one of the richest city in China),average income is 30 to 40ks,which is almost the same as here in number,only yuan: AUD is 6.5:1.
A deluxe class toy is usually 120 yuan in Shanghai,but 27 AUD here,and 10 USD in the states! So being a Chinese fan is more than ten times harder than in USA, 4 times harder than in OZ. Wrong me not, I m not complaining, just wanna to tell u Chinese fans are just as enthusiastic about Transformers as fans from other parts of the world.:rolleyes:

LOL,I m going back to Shanghai next week for a months,I'll be back with tons of animated toys,wave one and wave two:D:D:D,but you guys should only have wave one by the time I m back.(benifit of a Chinese fan:cool: ). Oh,if I m lucky enough,I might be able to grab a fanproject classic custom Ultra magnus armor/trailer!(it's killing me only looking at the photos)

If you guys don't mind,I can forward some early TF news to here from Chinese sites,simetimes they are even earlier than Tfans;).(BTW,is here any other Chinese fans?)

lastly, I sometimes print my TFs,here is a pic of my movie BBB and long arm

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd May 2008, 01:04 PM
Welome, I am sure there are more chinese people on the board somewhere ;)

I take it you add your own paint to some of your Transformers! I like what you have done to Longarm there! He has got to be one of my favourite movie bots by a long shot!

The_Damned
3rd May 2008, 01:12 PM
welcome

Pulse
3rd May 2008, 01:13 PM
Hey Mate :)

You'll find that most of us are sane around here (well, except for me & roller :D)

Tober
3rd May 2008, 01:16 PM
Welcome Amon. :D

Shame that the prices in China for TFs are so high. It annoys me when the Americans complain about TF prices :rolleyes:

Those extra details on BB go a long way to improving the look of the toy. :cool:

There are several Chinese members here and Kyle has a history with tfclub.com

roller
3rd May 2008, 01:21 PM
nee how ma

nor m hu gong gong fu ahhhh

im super half chinese

jaydisc
3rd May 2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome Amon! You write better English than some native English speakers! Grrrrr. :D

dirge
3rd May 2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome la (:

Robzy
3rd May 2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome Amon! You write better English than some native English speakers! Grrrrr. :D

Me Robzy no think that funny! :mad:;)

Welcome Amon :)

Kyle
3rd May 2008, 05:55 PM
歡迎~!

I'm from Hong Kong. :)

liegeprime
3rd May 2008, 06:16 PM
MAbuhay and welcome to the board! Take several photos of your trip back and post it here, we'd love to see some of the shops there. :)

Borgeman
3rd May 2008, 07:52 PM
welcome :)

George

Sam
3rd May 2008, 10:09 PM
Hey amon, welcome to the forum my fellow Chinese. :)

I am from Hong Kong originally, and speak Cantonese and Mandarin (since my parents are from Shan Dong).

Great to see another new face, cheers.

1orion2many
3rd May 2008, 11:09 PM
:)Welcome Amon to the board:).

iceburn
3rd May 2008, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the board Amon.....

dirge..china (chinese) people doesn't say la (lah) *hehe*
it's us (Singaporeans/Malaysians) that says lah/lor/leh/hor

kennymak167
4th May 2008, 12:23 AM
hi there

welcome!! i m from hong kong too.... i m wondering how many chinese in this forum...:p

Tiby
4th May 2008, 10:25 AM
Welcome aboard!

Bartrim
4th May 2008, 12:58 PM
Welcome to Ozformers

roller
4th May 2008, 02:09 PM

well you can't expect gweilos to know everything:)

Sam
4th May 2008, 04:00 PM

Actually Dirge is not entirely incorrect. People from Hong Kong do say "lah", and from what I can observe there is a bit of cross-subcultural pollination with some people from China and Taiwan picking up this bit of slang from their Cantonese counterparts.

Saintly
4th May 2008, 04:30 PM
welcome amon!

there's more chinese here than meets the eye! :P

amon
4th May 2008, 09:00 PM
歡迎~!

I'm from Hong Kong. :)

Hi!:eek:

The TFC magnus armor seems not to be available until Sep.So can I preorder one now?But I will be still in China by the end of May,how can I make the deposit?

amon
4th May 2008, 09:01 PM
MAbuhay and welcome to the board! Take several photos of your trip back and post it here, we'd love to see some of the shops there. :)

Thanks everybody,I surely will bring some news from China:cool:

amon
4th May 2008, 09:04 PM
Actually Dirge is not entirely incorrect. People from Hong Kong do say "lah", and from what I can observe there is a bit of cross-subcultural pollination with some people from China and Taiwan picking up this bit of slang from their Cantonese counterparts.

Sorry~~~I have absolutely no idea what u guys are talking about:( Some Chinese slang?

STL
4th May 2008, 09:58 PM
G'day there. Though Asian, I'm not a ching chong, but a warm welcome to you. I'm very envious of your opportunity to grab a whole bunch of Animated Toys! Have fun in Shanghai, mate!

lcz128
5th May 2008, 05:59 AM
Welcome to the board Amon :D

Kyle
5th May 2008, 10:41 AM
Hi!:eek:

The TFC magnus armor seems not to be available until Sep.So can I preorder one now?But I will be still in China by the end of May,how can I make the deposit?

Don't worry. I should be able to make a special arrangement, as long as it's for 1 or 2 fans only. :p

Sorry~~~I have absolutely no idea what u guys are talking about:( Some Chinese slang?

What we meant:

Cantonese speakers (from Singapore, Malaysia, and sometimes Hong Kong) often finish saying something with a "la" (啦).

Examples:

"How are you?"
"Ok la."

"What's the weather like?"
"Fine la."

"How did it go?"
"Good la."

"How was the movie?"
"So so la."

"See you later."
"Bye bye la."

Dirge was a little confused, and did not know there's a difference between Mandarin and Cantonese... :p

lninio
5th May 2008, 03:44 PM
Hi,guys

I m Amon from China.Currently I live in Sydney and my English might not be good enough......:(

I have been always wondering why transformers toys go so fast in the shops,last year I even couldn't find a movie 08 bumblebee so that I have to order one from Ebay.Now I know why.Cuz u guys are around!

I'm new here so I might as well say hi to everyone too. Yea. I've only ever saw 08 Bumblebee once in the shop (it was KMart) and I'm glad I grabbed it then and there. Welcome.

iceburn
5th May 2008, 03:53 PM
Ininio...although i think you should start your own thead...
welcome to the forum too

dirge
5th May 2008, 08:04 PM
Dirge was a little confused, and did not know there's a difference between Mandarin and Cantonese... :p

Well, I do, but I wasn't aware that this was a strictly Overseas Chinese thing la :o

Kyle
5th May 2008, 11:18 PM
Good la. :D

k.wong23
12th May 2008, 10:17 PM
Welcome! im ching chong but my canto sucks! HAHA