PDA

View Full Version : Bruticus custom 19 inches tall fully transformable

Robot_art
6th May 2011, 10:52 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/forgottenforest/5691433583/in/photostream
hi there,

I have finally finished my custom bruticus transformer. Ok here is a bit about him, he is 19 inches tall and
is by far the biggest and most complex custom i have ever made, he is designed to fit perfectly in scale next to
the classics / henkei / generations line.

Bruticus is extremely articulated and here is a list of his articulation
- main head is ball jointed
-shoulders are very posable, 360 degrees as well as tilting up and down
-elbows bend
-upper arms rotate
-wrist is ball jointed
-hands are extremely posable whith each finger being balljointed as well as a second pin joint
-waist rotates 360 degrees
-hips are highly articulated swinging in and out as well as back and forward, ratcheted joints too.
-knees are posable
-lower leg pivots
-ankle pivots to provide dynamic posing too
-the wings on his chest shield also swing in and out to allow for greater
movement (plus its a really cool gimmick :)
-and his hip armor also swings in and out to allow dynamic leg posing.

Bruticus also comes with three heads the first is very closely modeled on the gen one head, the second
has angry eyes and the third has a variation on the eyes, all three are included so you can choose
which you prefer, (i like the angry eye version)

i have made two scratchbuilt giant guns for bruticus based on the gen one rifle, he actually only ever had one
gun on the show but i like him with two :) each one is huge too.

now for the individual robots, bruticus is completely transformable.all the individual robots transform
without having to take away parts or add parts on (they are NOT partformers)

-onslaught has individually posable giant scratchbuilt cannons in truck mode that are on bruticus's back in combined
mode (note: you dont have to remove and replace the cannons in combined mode, they transform to the correct configuration),
you can also pose these cannons up in onslaughts robot mode but i prefer them down.he also has a new
scratchbuilt head

-vortex has removable blades and a secret hidden weapon that converts into a hand held shoulder mounted
missile launcher. he is extremely posable and comes with a new scratch built head (when transforming into
bruticus arm mode the only thing you have to add is the hand, everything else is part of the transformation)

- blast off comes with a hidden weapon too which can be transformed into a battle axe (this is my fave
weapon :) he is extremely posable and comes with a new scratch built head (when transforming into
bruticus arm mode the only thing you have to add is the hand, everything else is part of the transformation)

-brawl was heavily modified to make him look gen oneish with brand new arms etc his secret weapon is
created from his tank barrel and is a hand held bazooka.he is extremely posable and comes with a new scratch built head

-swindle was also heavily modified to look gen one ish and i really like him alot. he comes with a roof
mounted double cannon that brakes apart into two hand held blasters,he is extremely posable and comes with a new scratch built head

well i hope you like him, bye bye

lots of pics of him here http://www.flickr.com/photos/forgottenforest

primetime
6th May 2011, 11:14 AM
Absolutely speechless - a real work of art - is he for sale?

KillinSpoon
6th May 2011, 11:16 AM
Amazing...

Hursticon
6th May 2011, 11:19 AM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/omfg.jpg

Holy crap! :eek:
That is insane Robot_art, yet another masterpiece mate, well one! :D:cool:

You've nailed the G1 look IMO and I especially love Onslaught and Vortex as they both look excellent. :D
The head sculpting you've done is incredible too as swindle looks awesome as does Brawl and Blastoff! ;)
The hands looks sweetly Robotic, yet, articulate and the head sculpt is almost 1:1! :cool:

Thanks for posting the pics man and enlightening us to this beautiful custom, I hope we get to see more from you in the future. :)

janda the red
6th May 2011, 12:41 PM
wow... :eek:

in the words of thorpedo.... thats fully sick!

have you ever blogged your progress as you do customs? i'm sure i'm not the only one that would love to see your work progress from start to finish.

anyways...

thanks for sharing mate.... it's awesome

janda :)

primatives
6th May 2011, 01:00 PM
Whoa! That is sick!!! Love the individual pics!!!! Saw your Devastator pics as well their awesome too!!!

gamblor916
6th May 2011, 01:14 PM
Impressive!

Vector Prime
6th May 2011, 01:33 PM
:eek: x ∞

Utterly speechless...

5FDP
6th May 2011, 03:16 PM
Out of all the customs I have ever seen, you win :eek:

jaydisc
6th May 2011, 03:52 PM
Brilliant! I recognize most molds, but who is Vortex based on?

Sleeve
6th May 2011, 06:09 PM

From what I can tell, G1 Whirl.

loophole
6th May 2011, 06:11 PM
awesome stuff there mate

1AZRAEL1
6th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Fan-smeggin-tastic mate. Great job.

Sky Shadow
6th May 2011, 06:16 PM
Wow - before I clicked the link I was expecting this to be about a millionth as good as it is. Utterly amazing.

It's mostly Robots In Disguise/Car Robots Rapid Run/J-Seven. And Blast Off is similarly Railspike/J-Five.

kaiden
6th May 2011, 06:45 PM
insane stuff!

i love the custom weapons - they make the custom so unique

Robot_art
7th May 2011, 09:51 AM
From what I can tell, G1 Whirl.

Nope, noy based on whirl at all. Here are the bots used (which I should have posted earlier but completely forgot about:)

Vortex and blast off are both RID trains heavily modified onslaught is cybertron mudflap again heavily modified, brawl is movie brawl with gen one mods and swindle is animated swindle with nodded arms legs and head to make him look less animated, hope that helps. Glad you guys like him :)

Lint
7th May 2011, 10:04 AM
fantastic work matey! I always love transformable customs!

Sleeve
7th May 2011, 11:25 AM
Are they Whirl's tailfins? That's what threw me.

k.wong23
7th May 2011, 11:31 AM
Stunning mate, am speechless! Wish I had the ability to make one :p

Onslaught looks amazing!

jaydisc
7th May 2011, 08:09 PM
It's mostly Robots In Disguise/Car Robots Rapid Run/J-Seven. And Blast Off is similarly Railspike/J-Five.

Dang. I recognized Blast-off as one member of JRX, but not the other.

Are they Whirl's tailfins? That's what threw me

Actually, aren't they Rotostorms? It's the tailfins that threw me too.

GoktimusPrime
7th May 2011, 09:10 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/vaderimpressive.jpg

Sam
7th May 2011, 09:43 PM
That's a really amazing custom! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Sleeve
7th May 2011, 11:26 PM
Actually, aren't they Rotostorms? It's the tailfins that threw me too.

Crap, that's who I meant. Think I'd get that one right considering he's one of my favourites. :p

liegeprime
8th May 2011, 01:11 AM
oooh do Menasor next!!! Twood be very interesting!!

rampagesss
9th May 2011, 07:14 PM
Dam, you just keep out doing your self with your customs don't you!

kristofferrer
12th May 2011, 12:34 AM
oooh do Menasor next!!! Twood be very interesting!!

NO DON'T DO MENASOR! then i'd be compelled to buy ... lol

Robot_art
12th May 2011, 02:09 PM
Why does everybody love menasor :) I was planning on doing either the protectabots or a fricken huge 15" tall custom power master overlord but everybody seems to prefer menasor so I should probably do him next huh?

Also for those that asked the bots used are
Onslaught cybertron mudflap
Swindle is animated swindle
Brawl is movie brawl
Vortex and blast off are the two RID train bots

All were heavily modified to look more gen oneish too. Sorry I didn't list up the bots earlier.

Glad you guys like this guy he is easily my favorite custom that I have made. Bye bye

kristofferrer
12th May 2011, 03:44 PM
Menasor is just badass.
and he looks awesome. the samurai look, the sword, and the fact he's made up of cars...

1AZRAEL1
12th May 2011, 03:59 PM
Make Overlord. Menasor is great and all, but I wanna see what you can do with Overlord.

Robot_art
13th May 2011, 01:54 PM
as much as i love overlord i am thinking its probably going to be menasor next :)

Hursticon
13th May 2011, 02:04 PM
as much as i love overlord i am thinking its probably going to be menasor next :)

Yay! :D:cool:
There are going to be a hell of a lot of people looking forward to this one dude! :D

kaiden
13th May 2011, 07:10 PM

sell it to me and not loophole! :P

Robot_art
15th May 2011, 04:14 PM
sell it to me and not loophole! :P

Maybe you should just fight for it and the winner will get first ribs :) then again that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen :( perhaps not

Just a quick reminder that bruticus ends on eBay pretty soon too if anyone is interested to bid or to see what he goes for. Bye bye

kaiden
15th May 2011, 09:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/transformers-CUSTOM-BRUTICUS-classics-masterpiece-G1-/330562439227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf70e883b#ht_10054wt_905

liegeprime
15th May 2011, 09:46 PM
NO DON'T DO MENASOR! then i'd be compelled to buy ... lol

Do I hear your wallet crying cuz.... nah I think it just went into coma. ....:Dmwahahahahaha

loophole
15th May 2011, 10:31 PM
i reckon you should do Menasor next to, that would be awesome!!

and i f kaiden gets it i'll just find out here he lives ;)

Robot_art
16th May 2011, 08:51 AM

Hehe just a heads up this guy ends in about an hour or two if anyone wants to see how he goes

Hursticon
16th May 2011, 10:54 AM
Hehe just a heads up this guy ends in about an hour or two if anyone wants to see how he goes

Fingers crossed for you dude, I don't know what the cost was to build this beauty but IMO the price it's at, at the moment, is a pretty nice one indeed. :cool:

bruticus
16th May 2011, 11:23 AM

two words....
FARK YEAH!! :eek::D

Robot_art
16th May 2011, 11:33 AM
two words....

Hehe congratulations bruticus on winning bruticus good work and glad this guy is staying in Australia :)

1AZRAEL1
16th May 2011, 11:35 AM
Nicely done there Bruticus, where the hell do you manage to find the funds for such an expensive purchase lol. Well done.

Hursticon
16th May 2011, 11:36 AM
two words....

Hehe congratulations bruticus on winning bruticus good work and glad this guy is staying in Australia :)

Oh wow! :eek:
That is cool to see that an Aussie, who's favourite character IS Bruticus, has won this... Bruticus! :D

Congratulations to both Bruticus and Robot_Art. ;):cool:

bruticus
16th May 2011, 11:48 AM
Nicely done there Bruticus, where the hell do you manage to find the funds for such an expensive purchase lol. Well done.

ermm... are you really sure you want to know? :p:rolleyes:

1AZRAEL1
16th May 2011, 12:13 PM

I'm scared to ask :p

Nah it was in jest, you don't have to tell me :p

kaiden
16th May 2011, 01:32 PM

if the sale price of bruticus is anything to go by, my wife would say no to me buying it.

if it was an "otca battle royale -last man standing wins!" i reckon i'd have a good chance at winning

kristofferrer
16th May 2011, 01:56 PM
Do I hear your wallet crying cuz.... nah I think it just went into coma. ....:Dmwahahahahaha

yeah that's my wallet you can hear... it's all in coins. hahahaha

Vector Prime
16th May 2011, 02:29 PM

Didn't you know?

Bruticus owns the Australian subsidiary of Hasbro. He bought this custom so that head office could make a mold of it so they could offer it as a mass retail release. :p

bruticus
16th May 2011, 04:32 PM
you can ask me when im over there for the parramatta fair. lol
just let me know if you want the clean answer or the dodgy answer...:p

if it was an "otca battle royale -last man standing wins!" i reckon i'd have a good chance at winning

man, i wish things in life were that straight forward to settle. it would certainly be more fun!

Didn't you know?

Bruticus owns the Australian subsidiary of Hasbro. He bought this custom so that head office could make a mold of it so they could offer it as a mass retail release. :p

if only hasbro actually thought like that! cos robot_art certainly did a great job of making it fit with the classics-verse line. kudos! they should definitely give him a job there!

or.... do you mean, i bought it only so i can sell it to i-gear so they can then mass produce it like anemis' UM armour and wheeljack's MP coneheads? :rolleyes:

kaiden
17th May 2011, 01:49 AM
or.... do you mean, i bought it only so i can sell it to i-gear so they can then mass produce it like anemis' UM armour and wheeljack's MP coneheads? :rolleyes:

AHA! That's where you secretly got the money from :P