PDA

View Full Version : TF Animated Ep20 - Garbage In, Garbage Out

Tober
4th May 2008, 06:58 AM
A more light-hearted break from the previous few episodes. Maybe the calm before the storm... This one was quite enjoyable despite the return of Angry Archer.

Ratchet and Fanzone in fine form. Wrek Garr got kinda annoying but was mostly good value. Bonus points for Weird Al plus many other G1 and '86 movie references.

MV75
4th May 2008, 11:33 AM
Great episode.

AA was fine. I like his twisted robin hood style.

Wreckgar was great. "I dare to be stupid". :D
________
JUDAISM DICUSSION (http://www.religionboard.org/judaism/)

Pulse
4th May 2008, 12:43 PM
Overall, Just a great episode! :)

It's great to see them take a pointless episode (storyline-wise, that's honestly what it was) & turn it into comedy gold (of the TF kind :D).

A couple of points seemed to stand out to me:
# Are they trying to suggest that Wreckgar is mentally-handicapped or something? Is that what they took away from his G1 incarnation? :mad:

# Carly was pregnant again? What? In the episode "Transform and Roll Out!", I'm sure that's supposed to be Spike, Carly & Daniel:

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/f/fb/Spikecarlydanielanimated.jpg

So who's Carly supposed to be pregnant with in this episode?

# Like Megs, I really am getting sick of Lugnut sounding like a brain-dead moron in his unwavering devotion to his Leader. Does Lugnut ever think for himself?

Overall, Due to Wreckgar's comedic-gold - I would have to give this episode an... 8/10 :)

MV75
4th May 2008, 12:55 PM
Opps! Spike and Carly broke the space-time continum.

This means that soundwave will fully recover back into a car from a cassette deck, and have a guitar.
________
Lorain assembly (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lorain_Assembly)

SofaMan
4th May 2008, 03:11 PM
Overall, Just a great episode! :)
A couple of points seemed to stand out to me:
# Are they trying to suggest that Wreckgar is mentally-handicapped or something? Is that what they took away from his G1 incarnation? :mad:

I didn't read that at all - Wreck-Gar is essentially an infant trying to find his place in the world. Since all he has to work with are discarded fragments of human culture, he blunders about naively trying to make sense of them, much as the original Wreck-Gar did.

So who's Carly supposed to be pregnant with in this episode?

Probably Unicron. ;)

Seriously though - it is possible to build on the G1 characters who've appeared without them having to be frozen according to what as come before. The canon will stagnate if they do that. I see no reason why there can't be a new Witwicky child.

Pulse
4th May 2008, 03:44 PM
I didn't read that at all - Wreck-Gar is essentially an infant trying to find his place in the world. Since all he has to work with are discarded fragments of human culture, he blunders about naively trying to make sense of them, much as the original Wreck-Gar did.

When you look at him that way, then that makes a whole lot of sense :).

But I thought all TFs knew their name as soon as they were created :confused:. It that sense, He realises the long-winded ingredients list on the food wrapper is not a good name, The name "Worthless Wreck Walking Pile of Garbage" (or something like that) will do but Angry Archer's nickname for him fits a whole lot better :D

Ah, It's all good!

Robzy
4th May 2008, 10:10 PM
Pretty good episode... lots of fun anyways! :) I really like Wreck Gar! Hope he returns...

Btw, was that Corey Burton doing the voice of Spike (like he did in G1)?

iceburn
5th May 2008, 12:17 AM
wreckgar is indeed irritating!! *haha* ooh anyone saw flies going around him all the time too
but it's a nice episode to watch

Pulse
5th May 2008, 10:53 AM

Robzy, you are 100% correct! http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Spike_%28Animated%29

Robzy
5th May 2008, 11:16 AM
Robzy, you are 100% correct! http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Spike_%28Animated%29
How fantastic is that?! :D:o I thought it sounded like him! I can't wait to hear him do Shockwave again... :eek::o

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 12:18 PM
nice story and funny weird al, going to put on my running with scissors ablum on

i_amtrunks
5th May 2008, 02:05 PM
Nice filler episode.

But that's to be expected with Ratchet in the Spotlight. Is it just me or did they make him extremely over-cranky in this episode, in comparison to his previous appearances?

Wreck-Gar was well cast, Weird Al gave the voice the right pitch of annoying mixed in with a blend of naivety. I'd like Bumblebee a lot more if he was less obnoxious-annoying and more annoying-naive!

Using Lugnutz as the main villain was nice, he is a very one dimensional bot that no one really cares about, so having him be half eaten is somewhat amusing. Megatron's eye twitch was hilarious. He has got to be thinking that being a head in a lab was almost better than dealing with his Decepticons again! :p

The story has to start moving forward again soon, but if the filler episodes remain this strong, I wont mind at all.

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th May 2008, 01:34 AM
I kind of like Lugnutz' zealous devotion to Megatron, he truely feels that Megaton is perfect and will lead them to victory. Fantastic I say! Its so strong that even Megatron could get tired of it.

Lugnutz doesn't seem stupid either (from what I have seen), especially in battle. Just very very devoted.

Robzy
7th May 2008, 07:07 PM
Megatron's eye twitch was hilarious.

:D I agree! :D

I kind of like Lugnutz' zealous devotion to Megatron, he truely feels that Megaton is perfect and will lead them to victory. Fantastic I say! Its so strong that even Megatron could get tired of it.

Me too! It's a good relationship... 'Bootlicker' and 'Master-who-gets-tired-of-continual-praise'! :p (I wish I had someone like ol' Luggy following me around... any takers? :D)

SilverDragon
8th May 2008, 08:36 PM
(I wish I had someone like ol' Luggy following me around... any takers? :D)

ALL HAIL ROBZY, LEADER OF ALL OZFORMERS!

Pulse
8th May 2008, 10:08 PM

twitches eye... ;)

Robzy
9th May 2008, 01:50 PM
:D Now, that's what I'm talkin bout! :cool::D

twitches eye... ;):D

Cheers SilverDragon! I think I may have to use this as my new sig! :D:D

Paulbot
11th May 2008, 10:08 PM
I loved the flies hanging around Wreck-Gar and his magical garbage bin that he can pull seemingly anything out of, including an old motorcycle Wreck-Gar toy. :)

However now I have to learn the hand movements to go along with the Universal Greeting! I can't belive they actually used that.

Having Spike and Carly named checked as such was interesting too and I agree with Sofaman that it's Daniel's little brother or sister Carly is pregnant with.

I thought the Angry Archer was fine in this episode, I don't mind the human supervillains. and besides it was the Sumdac Nanobots that were the true enemy.

I did think Ratchet was a bit too unpleasent in this episode given that he's not so rude in episodes he isn't featured in.

STL
9th June 2008, 10:15 PM
I liked this episode. Another fine example of how filler episodes ought to be done. I actually laughed a lot without cringing :D :D :D

Wreck-Garr is great, the cameos were funny, Angry Archer wasn't annoyingly overwhelming (more of a sidestep) and I loved Lugnut's undying loyalty. All in all, good fun and highly enjoyable.

Beast_Wars_Superior
26th October 2008, 07:24 PM
A more light-hearted break from the previous few episodes. Maybe the calm before the storm... This one was quite enjoyable despite the return of Angry Archer.

Ratchet and Fanzone in fine form. Wrek Garr got kinda annoying but was mostly good value. Bonus points for Weird Al plus many other G1 and '86 movie references.

Despite? I actually like Angry Archer. Great comic relief.

This ep is one of my faves. Wreck Gar is hilarious, and Ratchet's apology speech is really well done.

GoktimusPrime
26th October 2008, 09:41 PM
Well there you have it. There's one person who doesn't hate the Angry Archer. I guess that officially makes him less hated than Wheelie and Daniel then. ;)

jaydisc
26th October 2008, 09:58 PM
I like Angry Archer and Wheelie.

Beast_Wars_Superior
27th October 2008, 12:13 AM
But I thought all TFs knew their name as soon as they were created.

Wreck Gar wasn't created in the traditional sense though. He was just brought to life by an Allspark fragment.

TF: Animated has a hell of a lot of strange theological situations (in regards to it's own universe) going on. Does Wreck Gar count as being 'alive'? If Starscream is being kept alive by an Allspark fragment, is his spark existing in the Well of Sparks (or whatever they call it in the series), and if so, which one is the real Starscream? Also, how the hell do the Constructicons have memories of their life before they became self-aware?

Golden Phoenix
27th October 2008, 03:30 PM

Lying makes baby Jesus cry!

GoktimusPrime
27th October 2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.detroitiscrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/59762_simpsons_nelson_haha2_123_104lo.jpg
:p ;)