PDA

View Full Version : Next Round of Classics Predictions?

jaydisc
9th May 2011, 08:34 PM
OK, as United, Reveal the Shield and Generations sadly draw to a close, I think we're all pretty grateful that we got some excellent characters and molds delivered, including many fan favorites:

Jazz
Tracks
Wheeljack
Kup
Blurr
Wreck-Gar
Perceptor
Scourge
Blaster (honorable mention reference to Device Label)

When looking back to the poll of this thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=3523), we got 5 out of 9 of those this round.

So who do we want for the next round should we be lucky enough to get one? Who do we predict will be in the next round?

What are your predications and/or desires?

liegeprime
9th May 2011, 09:15 PM
Okay he's mine, not necessary in order of preference

Trailbreaker none of that cutter crap :p
Hoist - natural logical recolor
Blitzwing - coz we really, really need, okay I need one hehehe. Im sure a lot of people want one too.
Sunstorm - coz we need more seekers
Tailgate - they still have the mold, its but a recolor - well mebbe they make a new face mold
Skids - heck we need a figure for him to complete the autocars:D
Stepper - logical recolor for an existing mold - milk it as much as possible:p

gamblor916
9th May 2011, 09:22 PM
Skids
Beachcomber - hopefully deluxe size
Outback/Brawn - I'm betting this is almost certain

Stepper is already in the works (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=stepper)

KillinSpoon
9th May 2011, 09:25 PM
MOAR OPTIMUOSE AND MEGGTRONS!!!!!11!

1AZRAEL1
9th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Well going off the last poll, we may be getting Hoist/Trailbreaker and Skids.

Technically we got 6 if you include Legends Trailbreakercutter :p

But a deluxe version would be great.

I would want Whirl, all the triplechangers (I don't care what people think, I loved Tankor and Astrotrain :p), more Dinobots, some Japanese characters would be nice as well.

Vector Prime
9th May 2011, 09:59 PM
I only absolutely desire one - Blitzwing! :(

But I will happily take whatever HasTak give us. :p

loophole
9th May 2011, 10:26 PM
Blitzwing
Runabout & Runamuck
Pipes/Huffer
Motormaster
Breakdown
Deadend
Wildrider
Tailgate

Bartrim
9th May 2011, 10:52 PM
I would want Whirl, some Japanese characters would be nice as well.

All the wreckers would be good. Japanese and later G1/G2 characters would be sweet

Deonasis
9th May 2011, 11:22 PM
What I think? Classics line style only and not including the likely new head dudes on recent instructions..
Blitzwing
Cosmos
Elita-1
Shockwave
Scorponok
Soundwave
Springer
Rhinox

What I want..
Blitzwing, Galvatron, Cosmos, Springer, Ultra Magnus, Shockwave, Soundwave, Dinobots, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, God Ginrai, Overlord.

It gets a bit silly after Dinobots but bring the big guys home Hasbro!

SkyWarp91
9th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Well I heard somewhere that in addition to new molds they were going to revisit characters from 2006 like Skywarp and Ultra Magnus. If that's the case I hope they re-release them AND ironhide and ratchet...

Also a Blitzwing would be awesome!!

Gutsman Heavy
9th May 2011, 11:46 PM
New rattrap!

gdmetro
10th May 2011, 05:23 AM
Hmm... These are what I would want to see:

-Shockwave (With the movie popularizing him, i really hope Hasbro finally makes this guy)
-Blitzwing (not sure if Hasbro would do it knowing their policy)
-Sunstorm/Skywarp re-release with proper deco following gen TC.
-Trailbreaker (Legends foreshadowing)
-Hoist (remould of Trailbreaker)
-Arcee

Continue Deluxe/Scout sizing minibots
-Brawn
-Beachcomber
-Skids
-Gears
-Huffer
-Powerglide (I can dream)

Tallestblue
10th May 2011, 09:50 AM
ARCEE!!

You don't know how sad i was to Learn that the upcoming Arcee was for Transformers Prime and not Generations.

I'd also like a scout class version of Wheelie.

And Blitzwing. And the Insecticons, the rest of the Dinobots (Maybe even a new/better Grimlock?)

And some Japanese Characters like Star Saber and Overlord.

orionpax1
10th May 2011, 10:12 AM
mine would be:

Dinobots (with a better Grimlock)
The Triple changers
Rest of the autobot cars
Some combiners would be nice ( that actually combine)

and yes the cities would be nice, but a pipe dream i think

Lint
10th May 2011, 11:18 AM
We need more classics stunticons. New moulds would be fantastic but I would even settle for repaints of Autobot cars with retooled heads.

LordCyrusOmega
10th May 2011, 11:39 AM
Mine are
Proper Pretenders
More Dinobots esp Swoop
Re-release Sideswipe
A decent Combiner such as Classics version Predaking
More Seekers
Insecticons

I can dream.

Bartrim
10th May 2011, 11:49 AM
Actually I would love to see a classics Longtooth done like Bludgeon where the cool outer shell is used as the base for the robot mode.

GoktimusPrime
10th May 2011, 12:00 PM
Heh, how cool would it be in Longtooth transformed into a whale. ;) We need more whaleformers damnit (Orcanoch and Torca don't quite cut it :/).

Hursticon
10th May 2011, 12:05 PM
Heh, how cool would it be in Longtooth transformed into a whale. ;) We need more whaleformers damnit (Orcanoch and Torca don't quite cut it :/).

Hark! - Do I hear the abdication of more Beast Wars Classicsverse figures? :p:D

Tallestblue
10th May 2011, 12:14 PM
Hark! - Do I hear the abdication of more Beast Wars Classicsverse figures? :p:D

YES! Rattrap, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, Waspinator, A Silverbolt with articulated wings, A Cartoon Accurate Blackarachnia!!!

These are the toys I dream about!

Hursticon
10th May 2011, 12:21 PM
New rattrap!

YES! Rattrap, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, Waspinator, A Silverbolt with articulated wings, A Cartoon Accurate Blackarachnia!!!

These are the toys I dream about!

Guys, you've put a smile on my otherwise flu/cold ridden face. :D

It would be incredibly awesome if they re-did the entire main casts with the full attention of the Engineers and not the rather lacklustre attempts of Universe 2.0 Cheetor and Dinobot. :o
Whilst I'm loving the obligatory G1 Classicsverse figures, I'd really-really love to see some new Beasts enter the fray, hell, who wouldn't like a modern Beast Wars Ravage that is a fraction of the price of X-9! :eek::cool:

Golden Phoenix
10th May 2011, 12:24 PM
I would like to see some characters from other series, like the Japanese ones.
A new mould for a classics Leo Prime, or maybe a Star Saber.

MOAR OPTIMUOSE AND MEGGTRONS!!!!!11!

Sadly we will probably see them in some way shape or form......

Fonecrusher
10th May 2011, 01:59 PM
Man where do I start?

Cons
Soundwave
Shockwave
Blitzwing
Reflector
Overlord
Motormaster
Hook
Razorclaw
Runamuck/Runabout
Snaptrap
Swindle
Targetmasters Seekers
Scorponok

Bots
Springer
Huffer
Sandstorm
Broadside
Ultra Magnus (rerelease or new mold)
Beachcomber
Groove
Punch/Counterpunch

gdmetro
10th May 2011, 02:29 PM
Guys, you've put a smile on my otherwise flu/cold ridden face. :D

It would be incredibly awesome if they re-did the entire main casts with the full attention of the Engineers and not the rather lacklustre attempts of Universe 2.0 Cheetor and Dinobot. :o
Whilst I'm loving the obligatory G1 Classicsverse figures, I'd really-really love to see some new Beasts enter the fray, hell, who wouldn't like a modern Beast Wars Ravage that is a fraction of the price of X-9! :eek::cool:

Beast wars deserves its own classics line.

I hope Has/Tak eventually does a classics BW line-new show character moulds with show accurate detail-forget the universe Cheetor/Dinobot. Those were ok... but the beast mode still was crap.. and imagine what they can do with the current engineering!!!

They need awesome articulated bot modes, and the alt mode is totally covered up with no extra animal bits/kibble. I.e. Henkei Dinobot hands sticking out of his chest...

As for the next classics:

I want to add dinobots to my list (preferably MP style) Anything else just wouldnt do them justice.

I cannot wait for DOTM to be over to see what Hasbro/Takara's plans are...other than TF:Prime I think if they continue in the classics direction....we might get some real gems without a forseeable movie!

jaydisc
10th May 2011, 02:53 PM
Seems to be a lot of desire for Brawn and Beachcombers. Do you guys find the Legends unacceptable?

1AZRAEL1
10th May 2011, 02:58 PM
I liked em, but if they are going to do Warpath as a deluxe, the others would be great as well.

gdmetro
10th May 2011, 03:01 PM
Seems to be a lot of desire for Brawn and Beachcombers. Do you guys find the Legends unacceptable?

I have the henkei set and I love them. But ever since they released Windcharger as a Scout, Warpath as Deluxe... the legends scale is way off when displayed amongst the rest. Not to mention how huge Deluxe Bbee is when he should be of comparable size...

I wouldn't want to prioritize them over new moulds of new characters, but I'd still like Has/Tak to eventually make them. Same with a deluxe sized Powerglide... Warpath spoiled me into wanting these... before him, I was okay with what we had.

Hursticon
10th May 2011, 03:11 PM
Beast wars deserves its own classics line.

I hope Has/Tak eventually does a classics BW line-new show character moulds with show accurate detail-forget the universe Cheetor/Dinobot. Those were ok... but the beast mode still was crap.. and imagine what they can do with the current engineering!!!

They need awesome articulated bot modes, and the alt mode is totally covered up with no extra animal bits/kibble. I.e. Henkei Dinobot hands sticking out of his chest...

As for the next classics:

I want to add dinobots to my list (preferably MP style) Anything else just wouldnt do them justice.

I cannot wait for DOTM to be over to see what Hasbro/Takara's plans are...other than TF:Prime I think if they continue in the classics direction....we might get some real gems without a forseeable movie!

^Hell Yes, This!^ :D:cool:

I liked em, but if they are going to do Warpath as a deluxe, the others would be great as well.

Personally, I prefer the Minibots as Legends Class figures with the exceptions of Powerglide and Seaspray which were done well, IMO, but if the trend is to turn to Deluxe Class then I want a Cosmos! :cool:

Shirokaze
10th May 2011, 03:20 PM
I think we'll get:

-WFC Optimus repainted white as Ultra Magnus
-WFC Soundwave repainted purple as Shockwave but with a canon and head remould
-Classics Hound repainted as Swindle
-Sunstorm seeker repaint

What I realistically want:

Blitzwing
Springer that isn't a rubbish Cybertron repaint
Stunticons that combine
BEAST WARS!!!!111!!!11!!1

fatbot
10th May 2011, 06:00 PM
I'd love to get the G1 combiner teams. that do combine. Failing that, I'd love to get Bruticus, Defensor, Abominus, et al as Ultra class figures that don't seperate into the individual figures but still transform into something consistent with the original team.

I'd also love for the baseformers to be reimagined.

Failing both of those ideas, how about:

Sixshot
Go-shuta
Minerva
Soundwave
More Dinobots
Twintwist
Topspin
Broadside
Catilla
Longtooth
Octopunch
Gutcruncher
Skyhammer
Grandus
Wideload

Defcon
10th May 2011, 06:25 PM
Defcon's wishlist

cons

Blitzwing
Swindle
Motormaster
Stunticons as deluxes (Breakdown, Wild Rider, Dead End) as Generations, not movie repaints, a new mold would be ideal, that could be retooled for each character.
Sharkticons
New Galvatron as a Voyager and can be retooled into Shockwave
Mixmaster as a voyager and can be retooled into Hook!
Trypticon

Bots

Trailbreaker/Hoist
Cosmos
Springer as a deluxe triple changer
Broadside in Ultra Size triple changer, comes with Legends size Aerialbots.
More Dinobots
New Ultra Magnus
Omega Supreme

Paulbot
11th May 2011, 01:25 AM
Nothing too different or that I've not suggested before:

New (with repaint/mold):
Trailbreaker/Hoist
Autobot Skids/Crosscut
Autobot Gears/Swerve (deluxe or scout sized)
Huffer/Pipes (deluxe or scout sized)
Blitzwing/Overcharge
Runamuck/Runabout
Nightbeat/Autobot Siren (with or without Headmaster gimmick, released in United as Goshuta/Minerva)
Springer/Duststorm [Sandstorm] (both are helicopters/cars afterall)
Arcee/Chromia (car!)

Repaints of existing toys:
Sunstorm
Ricochet (Black Jazz)
Hot Zone [Hot Spot] (Blue Inferno with Grapple's hook remold)
Roadrage (Red Tracks)
Junkion (Brown or Green repaint of Wreck-Gar)
Soundwave (Perceptor repaint with new head)
Tailgate
Frenzy

dirge
11th May 2011, 05:17 PM
What I'd love to see:

Skids
Hoist
Trailbreaker
Blitzwing
The rest of the Dinobots
Individual Stunticons (as new moulds) - since they'd all work as stand alone toys. Okay, sans Drag Strip who has already been done.

optimus1
12th May 2011, 12:03 AM
I think the next ones will be the more likely repaints:

Ricochet - from Jazz recolour and Nightstick
Leozack?? - from Scourge instructions
Scourge/Nemesis Prime - G2 Prime repaint
Junkion - use of E-Hobby head mold, different colours
Cliffjumper - use of Classics B'bee

BUT
I hope these see the light of day:
G2 Grimlock - repaint of Classics Grimlock
G2 Sideswipe - better than the Botcon custom class version
Hooligan

Hopefully a Japanese G1 character gets a chance someday.
I'm hoping for a Star Saber or Victory Leo - unlikely though :rolleyes:

liegeprime
12th May 2011, 02:17 AM
I have the henkei set and I love them. But ever since they released Windcharger as a Scout, Warpath as Deluxe... the legends scale is way off when displayed amongst the rest. Not to mention how huge Deluxe Bbee is when he should be of comparable size...

I wouldn't want to prioritize them over new moulds of new characters, but I'd still like Has/Tak to eventually make them. Same with a deluxe sized Powerglide... Warpath spoiled me into wanting these... before him, I was okay with what we had.

Erm there powerglide on release but squeezed in the movie line, which IMO is generations mold all the way but got swept into that toyline ( much like Bludgeon) due to it being the major thrust of the company.. for now.?

It's one of the few movie figures Im getting which will then be classicverse figure in my book, not DOTM...:p

gdmetro
12th May 2011, 05:59 AM
Erm there powerglide on release but squeezed in the movie line, which IMO is generations mold all the way but got swept into that toyline ( much like Bludgeon) due to it being the major thrust of the company.. for now.?

It's one of the few movie figures Im getting which will then be classicverse figure in my book, not DOTM...:p

I will get the DOTM powerglide.. but have you see the review pics? He is smaller than a scout... I will use him as a placeholder.. but if Has/Tak can give us such an awesome detailed fig as warpath. they have to give me powerglide in that form. Especially since powerglide was a more prominent character in the original g1 show.

LordCyrusOmega
13th May 2011, 12:02 AM
I also wouldn't mind a movie/classics version of Bugly to go with my Bludgeon and Mindwipe. Then all 3 can grovel at The Fallens feet.

autobreadticon
18th May 2011, 02:58 PM
I also wouldn't mind a movie/classics version of Bugly to go with my Bludgeon and Mindwipe. Then all 3 can grovel at The Fallens feet.

YESH!! first thing that came into my mind

i reckon they need to create more voyager sized toys, Blitzwing and Roadbuster in Voyager class would be nice

Runamuck repaint into Runabout
Tailgate repaint with new head
Superlink Shockwave reissue

But any TF tribute from Masterforce (best series equal to G1) would be awesome

CHILENO20
18th May 2011, 09:24 PM
Okay he's mine, not necessary in order of preference

Trailbreaker none of that cutter crap :p
Hoist - natural logical recolor
Blitzwing - coz we really, really need, okay I need one hehehe. Im sure a lot of people want one too.
Sunstorm - coz we need more seekers
Tailgate - they still have the mold, its but a recolor - well mebbe they make a new face mold
Skids - heck we need a figure for him to complete the autocars:D
Stepper - logical recolor for an existing mold - milk it as much as possible:p

there is a Stepper recolour, its an exclusive. www.bigbadtoystore.com has it on pre-order, i think its about $120 USD. wish they made it accesable to everyone, thats a bit much i think

Lord_Zed
18th May 2011, 09:42 PM
Shockwave
Shockwave
Shockwave
Shockwave
Shockwave
Shockwave
Scorponok
Fangry
Scout Class Wheelie
:)

valkyrie_76
18th May 2011, 09:59 PM
there is a Stepper recolour, its an exclusive. www.bigbadtoystore.com has it on pre-order, i think its about $120 USD. wish they made it accesable to everyone, thats a bit much i think

Good god that is expensive! :eek:

Doubledealer
28th August 2011, 06:09 PM
Started reading All Hail Megatron the other day and man, the design for Blitzwing in this comic is epic!! Would so love to see AHM Blitzwing in toy form. Aren't we due another triple-changer toy by now? :D

kup
28th August 2011, 06:17 PM
I say Shockwave given his appearance in DOTM.

Aqua Prime
30th August 2011, 12:12 AM
I'd love to see

Slugfest (You can't have Overkill without a Slugfest)
Snaptrap :)
Blitzwing
Weirdwolf
Soundwave
Doubledealer
Overlord

Omega Supreme
Springer would be nice
Rotorstorm (I'd settle for DOTM Vortex repaint)
Dinobots (Or at least Snarl.. as in Snarl the Stegosaurus)
Blaster
Wing Saber/ Victory Leo ;)

I'd love to see some Gestalt teams.. Seacons, Terrorcons, Protectobots.... PREDACONS..

I'd love to see some Beasty love too...
TM2 Dinobot
TM2 Megatron

Depthcharge
Optimal Optimus
TM2 Cheetor

VERT
30th August 2011, 09:21 AM
I just want a Deluxe Trailbreaker and Hoist to finish the Cars.

kup
30th August 2011, 10:07 AM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but it would probably be best if we do realistic predictions. Hasbro are on the record saying that they will not do the following because they see it as "too hard":

- No combiners with individual transforming parts (robot modes).
- No triple changers (although they have already done Octane and Astrotrain).
- Likely no BW since they apparently peg warmed in Hasbro markets (possibly due to horrible colors for Dinobot and mediocre mold for Cheetor rather than the characters but that's not how they'll see it).
- No figures taller than a Deluxe unless it's a repaint.

liegeprime
30th August 2011, 10:13 AM
I just want a Deluxe Trailbreaker and Hoist to finish the Cars.

Don't forget a deluxe Skids as well ;)... poor guy always fades into obscurity (must be his special ability:p) or gets a wacko version in another universe... looks at Bayverse Skids

Sigh Im still hoping for a Blitzwing... Im sure this is no challenge to those toy engineers at all, but I think ( and I dont think Hastak will admit) is that primarily budget and some management bureaucratic issues down the process gets very much in the way :rolleyes:

kup
30th August 2011, 11:21 AM
Sigh Im still hoping for a Blitzwing... Im sure this is no challenge to those toy engineers at all, but I think ( and I dont think Hastak will admit) is that primarily budget and some management bureaucratic issues down the process gets very much in the way :rolleyes:

Yeah that's pretty much it. In an interview not that long ago, the Takara engineers pretty much said that it is often Hasbro's bureaucracy that limits or 'influences' the design process from design concept to final product.

VERT
30th August 2011, 11:33 AM
Don't forget a deluxe Skids as well ;)... poor guy always fades into obscurity (must be his special ability:p) or gets a wacko version in another universe... looks at Bayverse Skids

Yeah Skids needs to be done. Poor Guy how did I forget him.

Gouki
30th August 2011, 12:36 PM
All I really want is for Hasbro to round out the movie cast and throw a few surprises out here.

Like a big non-Optimus Ultra Magnus and a domestic Stepper. and the removal of that no voyage rule. My Deception council of leaders looks weird with deluxe Thunderwing.

UltraMagnus
30th August 2011, 12:42 PM
Sorry guys, from what I hear there isnt any new items ready to be produced this year (besides skyshadow/junkion)
I did hear that their may be a US domestic release of stepper.

The movie toys have been their focus now and for the next 2 months before moving to Prime.

Classics you'll see more next year... ;)

Paulbot
30th August 2011, 07:25 PM
I've already posted my predictions (the Battlechargers should be new but I'll take them as exclusives) and while I don't think it's very likely a Laserbeak/Buzzsaw toy/repaint is required to finish of the 84 line (in addition to the couple of Bots still waiting). Put them with a small deluxe like Hound/Ravage, or sell them as Legends, but bring them on.

Prowl
30th August 2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah Skids needs to be done. Poor Guy how did I forget him.

With astounding ease I would suggest :).

On a personal/selfish note I would love the following to be released/rereleased as classics

Ironhide
Ratchet
Trailbreaker
Hoist
Megatron (in Jap colours)
Shockwave
All the Dinobots!!

kup
30th August 2011, 08:14 PM
I am still shocked at how the Dinobots are yet to be made either by Hasbro (aside from Grimlock) or 3rd parties.

Ode to a Grasshopper
31st August 2011, 12:24 AM
I'd love to see

Slugfest (You can't have Overkill without a Slugfest)
Doubledealer
Overlord

Dinobots (Or at least Snarl.. as in Snarl the Stegosaurus)See, a Snarl with a Slugfest repaint would work, and they could do some JP-exlusive BW Neo repaints too.
As for Overlord, please just use the already existing amazing-looking Animated triple-changer Megatron mold Hasbro. We won't mind, really...

TM2 Megatron
Oh God yes. Give me a MP BW TM2 Megatron outside of Dreamland @ Hasbro/TakaraTomy and I'll have a firstborn child just so I can sell its soul to you.

fatbot
31st August 2011, 01:59 AM
As for Overlord, please just use the already existing amazing-looking Animated triple-changer Megatron mold Hasbro. We won't mind, really...

What molds this? I just went though TFU to have a gander, but couldn't find it.

tinyJazz
31st August 2011, 01:14 PM
What molds this? I just went though TFU to have a gander, but couldn't find it.

Cancelled Marauder Megatron (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/96/MarauderMegatron.jpg) shown in the Allspark Almanac (1 or 2, can't remember).
It looks like they only got to the resin model stage, I assume they don't have an actual reproducible mould for it. :/ It looks amazing.

5FDP
31st August 2011, 01:38 PM
^ Agreed. It's a shame that toy will never be made.

kaiden
31st August 2011, 03:03 PM
What I would like to see is mandatory Masterpiece figures for each of the Transformers Hall of Fame inductees.

Hursticon
31st August 2011, 03:16 PM
What I would like to see is mandatory Masterpiece figures for each of the Transformers Hall of Fame inductees.

Agreed, I want a Masterpiece Dinobot & Waspinator! :cool:

That Marauder Megatron does indeed look awesome and would be an excellent thing to build a modern Overlord off of. :eek:

Tallestblue
31st August 2011, 05:21 PM
I just want a Chugalug Arcee dammit!

5FDP
31st August 2011, 08:05 PM
Agreed, I want a Masterpiece Dinobot...

They already have, he's called Grimlock :D

kaiden
31st August 2011, 08:07 PM
I just want a Chugalug Arcee dammit!

a war for cybertron arcee would be a sexy choice. hasbro doesn't seem to care that there's a number of unofficial arcee's. And my opinion is that they didn't do WFC justice in the toy merchandising.

Aqua Prime
1st September 2011, 12:21 AM
After watching some G1, I'd love to see

Elita 1 :)

And Why not Sunstorm?. Screw the KO.... I want official merch....

The best thing with doing Dinobots, they can do repaints.. Show Accurate, Toy Accurate, Diaclone, G2. I'm a sucker but I'm stupid enough to buy all the versions.:o

I had a Cindersaur as a kid, so a Grimlock repaint as him would be AWESOME, since he was my "Dinobot/ Grimlock" as a kid. A slight remold to give him a horn and I'd be all over that too. I fail to see how HasTak/Tomy can fail at this... Make product.. Sell Product... Make money...

I swear there was a Titanium prototype for Cosmos... Cast him in plastic and sell him in classics :)

Some Targetmaster love would be great too (not neccessarily with targetmasters, but it'd be great) Slugslinger, Misfire, Triggerhappy, Spinister, Scoop. Again a DOTM Vortex repaint can be used for Spinister so they Can provide us with Vortex, Rotorstorm and Spinister from the 1 mold (Originally Tomahawk) Again, I'm stupid enough to buy all 3 of those unless they looked crap.

Sarquiss
1st September 2011, 12:11 PM
I agree with all of the Dinobots love in this thread. I would be there day 1 for an updated Dinobots release as long as it was not ruined by some Walmart Shenanigans.

Would also love an updated release of the aerialbots :D

EDIT: Would also love a release of the Wreckers from Last Stand of the Wreckers :)

Hursticon
1st September 2011, 01:40 PM
They already have, he's called Grimlock :D

Well... I guess I have to pay that one as you're dead right. :p
To clarify... I want an MP BW Dinobot! :D

In regards to the Dinobots being redone in Classicsverse styling, I would be very much behind that so long as they have a better attempt at Grimlock because that '06 Deluxe figure sucks Beryllium Baloney! :cool:

Arcee
4th September 2011, 03:22 PM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but it would probably be best if we do realistic predictions. Hasbro are on the record saying that they will not do the following because they see it as "too hard":

- No combiners with individual transforming parts (robot modes).
- No triple changers (although they have already done Octane and Astrotrain).
- Likely no BW since they apparently peg warmed in Hasbro markets (possibly due to horrible colors for Dinobot and mediocre mold for Cheetor rather than the characters but that's not how they'll see it).
- No figures taller than a Deluxe unless it's a repaint.

Filled me with rage reading this as I really want an awesome awesome SPRINGER!!

Also want Topsin and Twin Twist remade (bit of upgrade on top of vintage G1 mode will suffice).

Shockwave please.

A Real Masterpiece ULTRA MAGNUS PLEASE!

Next year will be too long a wait...foreseeing myself saving up for half a year only to spend all in half a day.

Decepticon
4th September 2011, 03:26 PM
Blitzwing!! Blitzwing!!:)

Gutsman Heavy
4th September 2011, 09:50 PM
I had a Cindersaur as a kid, so a Grimlock repaint as him would be AWESOME, since he was my "Dinobot/ Grimlock" as a kid. A slight remold to give him a horn and I'd be all over that too. I fail to see how HasTak/Tomy can fail at this... Make product.. Sell Product... Make money...

http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/g2cindersaur.gif

Behold the sexayness of Botcon "G2" Cindersaur!

Aqua Prime
4th September 2011, 09:55 PM
http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/images/g2cindersaur.gif

Behold the sexayness of Botcon "G2" Cindersaur!

That's not Cindersaur, that's an assault on my retina's. It also looks like a colour in from a 4 year old ;)

This is the "real dea" :)
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRELQPc6Xk3d3tF5MvsskZv1VS7O6tgs ExZ5csnB8lyPdETcziYfQ

I'd love a Weirdwolf but again he's been done as a Botcon repaint... Damn you BOTCON!!!! *shakes fist*

kup
5th September 2011, 09:42 AM
I want a Classics Fangry! He should come with a can of oil so that Grimlock can throw it at his head like it happened in Marvel G1 when he wouldn't shutup.

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/2/26/DW_G1Fangry.jpg

autobreadticon
5th September 2011, 10:27 PM
Blitzwing!! Blitzwing!!:)

I want Sandstorm and Blitzwing but has to be a deluxe size !!!

for botcon toys i hope we get a G2 Grimlock and Hardspark repainted from DOTM Guzzle

Firestorm
5th September 2011, 11:51 PM
Next round of classics

What I'd like to see

Some more Beast wars characters (Rhinox, Rattrap, Tarantulas)
maybe a beast machines character or 2 (Thrust, Nightscream, Strika)
Arcee
Trailbreaker
Constructicons (with ability to combine)
a few more characters from newer series turned into G1 characters (like what happened to lugnut and lockdown)
More Tripple Changers (Springer, Blitzwing, Sandstorm)
Soundwave
Voyager class Cosmos (to go with Seaspray and Powerglide)
G2 Prime repainted as RiD Scourge

Cat
7th September 2011, 12:12 AM
Not a prediction, but what I'd like: Deluxe Brawn (but a small Deluxe, around the size of Classics 'Bee)

Springer. Yeah, there's the comic pack version (Cybertron Hot Shot Def. repaint) or Warbot Defender if you're into that, but a new mold HasTak one would be nice

Blitzwing would be nice

And I saw the Titanium Cosmos prototype mentioned earlier: I'd like to see all those done in Classics 4.0, obviously retooled for plastic instead of metal. I remember Arcee, War Within Bumblebee and Cosmos, offhand?

Another go at Prowl. I'd like to see another go at Ironhide and Ratchet too (although I'm looking forward to the IGear figures too, as THAT'S what I've always dreamt of for the characters. Great Coller likenesses too), because let's face it, Prowl was pretty mediocre and had issues, and Ironhide/Ratchet was very mediocre, and a vehicle mode that looked like a jigsaw. Ironhide/Ratchet had some of the post-movie influence that was quickly abandoned, and it really didn't do any favours for the toy.

Guido's designs for the hybrid F-15/F-22 seekers. Seekers sell, a new mold would be nice as the old one has been milked rather hard (although I'd still like to see it used for new seekers). It's a beautiful design, IMO.

Jackpot

Gears

Some Headmasters, not choosy on who

Verno
18th September 2011, 05:53 PM
Beast Wars. ALL Beast Wars.

There was rumours surrounding a Rhinox years ago, when Cheetor and Dinobot came out, I'd like to see them come true.

The (possible) problem with the (possible) BW figures is adaptability of Beast forms. Take a character like Rattrap, I don't know how the figure could be adapted into a newer form that is different and more complex than the original version. I was wondering how Cheetor and Dinobot would come out, how they could be different yet similar to their old moulds, but it worked.

But I'm not a toy designer. I'll leave the magic up to the wizards at Hasbro and Takara to suprise me with wonderful new Beast Wars figures.