Released here - May 16 2011
Approximate Retail Price - $25-30
Approximate Size - 15cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Camaro
Main Features/Gimmicks - MechTech
Main Colours - Black and yellow
Main Accessories - MechTech gun

Photo (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K7913m9DGqU/TWJlWDEbXDI/AAAAAAAALxs/w6m-Yh_Imaw/s1600/1298180135_3-5.jpg)

The basic engineering and design of this toy exceeded my expectation and it's actually a rather nice figure. Nice looking alt mode, nice looking robot sculpt with an interesting and fun transformation. Unfortunately the toy suffers from one significant flaw - like RtS/United Jazz, the chest won't lock into place. :(

Bumbleb33
11th May 2011, 06:56 PM
Had a look at this guy today was dissapointed to see Hasbro are back their old tricks of painting transparent plastic as such BB suffers from faded panel syndrome, one panel will be slick gold and the adjacent panel is yellow paint, erk.

I can't believe I am saying it as a massive BB fan but I am quite disappointed with this figure's look but I will probably still pick one up when he's on sale.

FFN
11th May 2011, 11:02 PM
"Their old tricks"? That sounds like they're out to con you out of your money :p

Besides, the painted window edges (that can't be avoided on a toy of this size and price) were there on Battle Blade Bumblebee. In the same positions, even. Both companies have done this for years.

Bumbleb33
11th May 2011, 11:07 PM
True but it was significantly improved from the messy doors on movie 1 BB.

I just didn't think much of it.

SkyWarp91
12th May 2011, 09:49 PM
Just opened this figure today, yes the chest panel can be locked into place. Just needs a more downward push as there is a peg in his torso.

The transformation surprisingly is easier than ROTF and 2007 Movie figures and offers good articulation and strays away from the odd stature that his predecessors had. Cons are the paint job seems lacking, like the front of the car, the mid-section is obviously a black piece of plastic painted yellow and his gun is all Hasbro grey... Though his face is accurate, it for some reason doesn't look right compared to Battle Blade Bumblebee from HFTD, (but I hated how fragile/stiff the mask plate was on that one). Articulation is decent, except he only has a hinge joint for his wrist, which can't rotate unless you rotate the forearm - i guess that's more human-like though. Though his hands seem to be stuck in a closed grasp and I'm having trouble opening them up.

To sum it up, I think this mold, though not the best in appearance of all movie BBs (like Battle Ops BB) offers a lot more playability, and one more thing - THE SHOULDER PADS ACTUALLY STAY ON THIS TIME! WOO

Bumbleb33
13th May 2011, 06:19 PM
Just opened this figure today, yes the chest panel can be locked into place. Just needs a more downward push as there is a peg in his torso.

The transformation surprisingly is easier than ROTF and 2007 Movie figures and offers good articulation and strays away from the odd stature that his predecessors had. Cons are the paint job seems lacking, like the front of the car, the mid-section is obviously a black piece of plastic painted yellow and his gun is all Hasbro grey... Though his face is accurate, it for some reason doesn't look right compared to Battle Blade Bumblebee from HFTD, (but I hated how fragile/stiff the mask plate was on that one). Articulation is decent, except he only has a hinge joint for his wrist, which can't rotate unless you rotate the forearm - i guess that's more human-like though. Though his hands seem to be stuck in a closed grasp and I'm having trouble opening them up.

To sum it up, I think this mold, though not the best in appearance of all movie BBs (like Battle Ops BB) offers a lot more playability, and one more thing - THE SHOULDER PADS ACTUALLY STAY ON THIS TIME! WOO

Might I suggest you leave his hands alone, I broke one of BB's thumbs off trying to open his hand. Bad damage :P

I just got this little guy and though as stated above I wasn't that impressed with the paint apps in alt mode, in bot mode you can barely see the paint so I have been more impressed than I expected. I am loving this little dood, his head sculpt has an almost surprised look which is so adorable.

I personally suspect I am going to have to get another one just for the kick ass Mech Tech weapon, its transformation is awesome and its just Billy Bad Ass :P

GoktimusPrime
13th May 2011, 09:24 PM

Hmmm... I pushed down pretty hard... any harder and I'd be afraid of breaking something. I'll give it another try, but if it still doesn't work I'll try and get an exchange.

Bumbleb33
14th May 2011, 02:33 AM
You gotta get the alignment just right otherwise it won't plug in. My BBs chest plugged in without too much exertion but I had to get the alignment right first.

GoktimusPrime
14th May 2011, 09:00 AM
I fiddled around with Bumblebee's chest last night and yeah, got the alignment right and it clipped in. *phew* For a moment I was scared it was gonna be Animated Blitzwing all over again.

Visually DotM Bumblebee is a more screen-accurate, and overall they've managed to achieve this while making him a pretty decent toy at the same time. However this was basically achieved by making DotM 'Bee more of a shellformer. The entire canopy of the car just folds up and sits on his back rather loosely, and the thigh panels don't lock in tightly - and these parts can flop around during toy play. Also the chest is more blocky than TF1 Bumblebee's.

When comparing DotM Bumblebee with TF1, I think they both have their pros and cons, but personally I prefer TF1 Bumblebee because I think it's a nicer toy to play with, isn't as chunky nor as shellformery as DotM Bumblebee. However DotM Bumblebee has greater screen-likeness (and does so without looking "kiddy" like RotF Bumblebee).

The MechTech weapon is a neat feature for vehicle mode, but in robot mode it's okay. I prefer TF1 Bumblebee's weapon because it transforms from a gun to a sword, giving him the ability to use it as either a range or melee weapon. Bumblebee's weapon transforms from a gun to another kind of gun... erm... okay. Also the MechTech gun is pure Hasbro grey (whereas TF1 Bumblebee's gun is black with a transparent blue blade). Furthermore the light piping in DotM Bumblebee's eyes don't seem to work terribly well (whereas TF1 Bumblebee's eyes light pipe beautifully).

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/bumblebee_lightpipe.jpg

Overall DotM Bumblebee is a nice toy in its own rights which has exceeded my expectations (certainly a hell of a lot better than RotF Bumblebee), but I personally prefer TF1 Deluxe Concept Camaro Bumblebee over him.

griffin
22nd May 2011, 12:50 AM
DotM Deluxe Bumblebee
Series - Dark of the Moon
Sub-line - Mechtech
Size/class - Deluxe
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 1
Released here - May 2011
Approximate Retail Price - $25-30
Approximate Size - 14cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode - Chevy Camaro
Main Features/Gimmicks - Convertible Mechtech weapon
Main Colours - Yellow, black, grey
Main Accessories - Mechtech weapon

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/mt03.jpg

LordCyrusOmega
22nd May 2011, 11:18 AM
Not interested in another Movie Bumblebee toy. Maybe if he hadn't been done to death already I'd consider it but no. I already have 5

Vector Prime
22nd May 2011, 11:27 AM
Not interested in another Movie Bumblebee toy. Maybe if he hadn't been done to death already I'd consider it but no.

**FACEPALM** I know what you mean (and so does every other fan above the age of 10). :p

I already have 5

5 is such an ugly number, if the number 6 is good enough for the Devil, it's good enough for you too! :D

I'd seriously only consider getting one if he was on clearance (like Big W's clearance price of $12 on their ROTF deluxes), but otherwise, it's an easy pass for me.

VERT
10th June 2011, 10:39 PM
I got him because I was board and Laserbeak that I got the day before did not do it for me. Yes I have way to much Bee in my movie collections but I am quite happy with the look of him. (Needs more paint) best thing is he has two hands :D

Mr Ed
14th June 2011, 08:38 AM
I got Bumblee and Nitro Bumblebee and other versions (animated, Generations and Legends class) and its all cool. I also have the Cliffjumper version too from the 2007 movie!.

I believe the DOTM series is better than the 2007 Movie version in terms of stuff not falling out. I had a major problem when the legs didnt lock into place. Had to re-align the gears to make it good.

You can never have enough Bumblebees, just like Optimus Prime and Megatron!

GoktimusPrime
14th June 2011, 11:16 PM
I believe the DOTM series is better than the 2007 Movie version in terms of stuff not falling out. I had a major problem when the legs didnt lock into place. Had to re-align the gears to make it good.
Yeah, but overall I prefer the engineering of TF1 Bumblebee -- DotM Bumblebee is more of a shellformer (though a fairly well done shellformer) and I find TF1 Bumblebee to be a better action figure to play with.

The arm panels can pop out, but it depends on the individual toy. When I first got TF1 Deluxe Concept Bumblebee, the little yellow arm panels would pop out if I even looked at it wrong. Drove me nuts. So I quickly went back and got it exchanged. Thankfully my current TF1 Bumblebee's panels seldomly pop out. DotM Deluxe Bumblebee offers better screen-accuracy with the robot mode, but I find TF1 Bumblebee to still be the better toy (IMHO).

But I must say that DotM Bumblebee exceeded my expectations. It's absolutely a very nice toy in its own right. :)

kaiden
14th June 2011, 11:26 PM
But I must say that DotM Bumblebee exceeded my expectations. It's absolutely a very nice toy in its own right. :)

I only want 1 deluxe dotm bumblebee... which one should i get?!?

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2011, 10:52 AM
well there's only 2 Deluxe DotM Bumblebees out atm - the regular one and Nitro Bumblebee. I'd recommend the regular version unless the Nitro retool particularly appeals to you.

kaiden
15th June 2011, 06:14 PM
well there's only 2 Deluxe DotM Bumblebees out atm - the regular one and Nitro Bumblebee. I'd recommend the regular version unless the Nitro retool particularly appeals to you.

Is there much of a difference to the 2?

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2011, 06:40 PM
Is there much of a difference to the 2?
I'll let pictures do the talking, then you can decide. :)

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1300201534_kabutodj-img600x539-1300193512ue0qbk92291.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-V-YUak5V89I/TXb7g9104sI/AAAAAAAAKxk/f0Ev9E9XZN4/s1600/TF3MaybeNitroBumblebee1.jpg

griffin
18th October 2011, 12:53 AM
Yet another Deluxe Movie Bumblebee mould... what's that now, 8?
How many more times can they make a Camaro turn into a fairly screen accurate Bumblebee? Okay, after Beast Wars/Machines Cheetor & Optimus set the precedent, that was rhetorical.

This one is simple enough to make it more fun than most other Dlx Bees, and locks together more easily without having to resort to instructions like some previous versions. A bit of back kibble, but folds up well enough to not spoil the toy too much.
I've lost track of all the different Bees in this size, so can't be sure how well this one rates to the others - and I don't think there is any point to recommend it if you don't already have one already (I think every movie fan has at least one by now).
Not sure why the doors have windows that are only there for the robot mode... and even the packaging photo people didn't see the point as they are missing. This modified Camaro into something resembling a rally car is odd (front skirting, window grill, rear spoiler), as it isn't movie-accurate, and isn't explained on the packaging. Probably makes this the version NOT to buy if you want movie accuracy.
And it has a sucky mechtech weapon too.

griffin
18th October 2011, 02:26 PM
Talking to Demonac last night on Messenger, I was able to work out that in the Dlx class, we've had 6 of the 200x Camaro car - 4 of which are virtually identical in vehicle mode (1 is the DotM W3 Nitro mould & 1 is the DotM W1&4 'stockcar' mould - both of which weren't even in the movie in that form).
The main thing differentiating those 4 "identical" Dlx Bees is the gimmick. Not noticing the gimmick, or caring about a gimmick... aside from dedicated collectors who buy multiples of characters - who's gonna buy more than one of what ends up looking like "the same toy"?
Hasbro should have been investing that time & money (of the last 5 Dlx Bee moulds) into toys of movie characters that don't have a toy, or characters that "need" a toy in certain other size classes.
Re-releasing the same mould may draw criticism from some vocal fans, but most fans won't buy yet another Bee anyway... and of the ones that do if it is a new mould or gimmick, is an insignificant amount of sales to Hasbro - so why waste the time & money.

I'd much rather see a Mirage/Dino toy released in the first waves than another Bumblebee... and it would sell a lot better to fans & non-fans alike (red sports car that featured in the movie - an instant hit on the pegs full of black, grey & yellow TFs).