PDA

View Full Version : Is Acid Storm a "Rainmaker"?

jaydisc
12th May 2011, 09:19 AM
Either by Hasbro's definition or yours?

Sky Shadow
12th May 2011, 09:38 AM
Since I would personally say that he is a Rainmaker, plus his Tech Specs Profile states that he is 'A member of an obscure squad of Decepticon air warriors known only as "The Rainmakers,"' I'm going to go with yes on both counts. :)

Was there a specific impetus for this question, Jay?

1AZRAEL1
12th May 2011, 09:47 AM
I'm saying yes, with the explanation that SS gave lol. I personally see him as a Rainmaker as well, always have.

optimus1
12th May 2011, 09:47 AM
What else would he be?

A jungle-camo jet does not seem too to fit in with any other sub group

Sky Shadow
12th May 2011, 10:22 AM
What else would he be?

A jungle-camo jet does not seem too to fit in with any other sub group

Well he could just be a generic Seeker or Skyraider ot Tetrajet or Non-Blunderscrounge (http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~sstoneb/tf/faq/appendices/glossary.php#non-blunderscrounge) and yet not a 'Rainmaker'.

LordCyrusOmega
12th May 2011, 11:25 AM
I voted yes for the reasons already stated and because thats just how I've always thought of him

jaydisc
12th May 2011, 12:38 PM
Since I would personally say that he is a Rainmaker, plus his Tech Specs Profile states that he is 'A member of an obscure squad of Decepticon air warriors known only as "The Rainmakers,"' I'm going to go with yes on both counts. :)

Was there a specific impetus for this question, Jay?

Ah. Should've googled for pics of the packaging. Thanks for that.

The impetus was a reviewer identifying him as such, and I never thought it as that. Was considering it a justification to grab one.

Hursticon
12th May 2011, 12:46 PM
Ah so that's why you were asking dude - I've not read his backing card in quite some time but yeah, like the others I just assumed he was as his name seems quite fitting. :o

GoktimusPrime
12th May 2011, 08:24 PM
I also personally consider Sun Storm to be the yellow Rainmaker too. Particularly with the green one being called Acidstorm, I like to think they all end with "-storm" at the end of their name. I'd like to see them release the blue Rainmaker with the 'storm' suffix on his name, but Hasbro probably thinks he'd look too similar to Thundercracker to sell -- can't say I blame them.

Would work as a limited exclusive though - cos let's face it, there are some collectors out there who will buy anything that's a limited exclusive (and are willing to pay through the nose for it!) ... just look at all the seemingly meaningless black, clear and other weird exclusive repaints they churn out!

'Thunderstorm' would be a neat name. ;)

optimus1
12th May 2011, 09:52 PM

Not bad Gok :)
Would he be a mauve/purple seeker, with light blue lightning camo?
Like one of the other generic seeker colour schemes?

SkyWarp91
12th May 2011, 09:58 PM
Yes, he makes acidic rain because he storms the rain with his acidness.

Hursticon
12th May 2011, 10:15 PM
Yes, he makes acidic rain because he storms the rain with his acidness.

Sounds like he needs to go back to the 60s! :p:D

iceburn
14th May 2011, 01:22 AM
Ah. Should've googled for pics of the packaging. Thanks for that.

The impetus was a reviewer identifying him as such, and I never thought it as that. Was considering it a justification to grab one.

haha you know who to find that has an army load

iceburn
14th May 2011, 01:23 AM
I also personally consider Sun Storm to be the yellow Rainmaker too. Particularly with the green one being called Acidstorm, I like to think they all end with "-storm" at the end of their name. I'd like to see them release the blue Rainmaker with the 'storm' suffix on his name, but Hasbro probably thinks he'd look too similar to Thundercracker to sell -- can't say I blame them.

Would work as a limited exclusive though - cos let's face it, there are some collectors out there who will buy anything that's a limited exclusive (and are willing to pay through the nose for it!) ... just look at all the seemingly meaningless black, clear and other weird exclusive repaints they churn out!

Rainstorm?

KaRNiV8L PRiME
14th May 2011, 01:36 AM

I always called my rainmakers

Sunstorm
Acid Storm and
Hydrostorm

jaydisc
14th May 2011, 09:14 PM
haha you know who to find that has an army load

Yeah, I might hit him up.

I always called my rainmakers

Sunstorm
Acid Storm and