PDA

View Full Version : MOTUC Sale - 16th of May@9am US PT

kup
14th May 2011, 07:32 AM
I was very close to completely forgetting about this Sale! Date is 16th of May at 9am US Pacific Time (Sydney 02:00:00 a.m. Tuesday May 17th)

This month we have:

Catra - This is by far the most anticipated figure in this sale.

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/catra-steppenwolf-whip.jpg

She-Ra - Reissue: Not sure about this one as we have a new 'She-Ra 2.0' coming soon. I may get it on a whim to keep sealed.

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/gallery/masters-of-the-universe-classics-she-ra/shera1.jpg

Startos- Reissue: Don't really like the figure as he doesn't offer much and is rather plain but at least he is not overly goofy looking. I may get him on a whim just to have the character. I personally prefer the 200X sculpt of him.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/hszvuy0n2kcr77egD1As5bmqo1_500.jpg

Whiplash- Reissue: Ever since the disappointing announcement that there won't be any more 200x heads, i have decided to try to get figures that have one like Whiplash here. Like Stratos, I still prefer the 200x sculpt.

http://www.figures.com/forums/attachments/news/10596d1282923163-masters-universe-classics-whiplash-1whipspear.jpg

Tallestblue
14th May 2011, 09:25 AM
I know I'm staying up late for Catra.

Sky Shadow
14th May 2011, 09:42 AM
I get Catra in the subscription and have all the others, so this time I get a good night's sleep! :p

Whiplash is my favourite of the line so far (although the 200X Shrecktroll head is not my cup of tea, so I just leave it lying around like there's been a decapitation).

kup
14th May 2011, 11:48 AM
I get Catra in the subscription and have all the others, so this time I get a good night's sleep! :p

Whiplash is my favourite of the line so far (although the 200X Shrecktroll head is not my cup of tea, so I just leave it lying around like there's been a decapitation).

I see what you mean as that head doesn't exactly fit the vintage like body. I will see which head I like better upon receiving the figure and roll with that. However at least you get a choice with Whiplash unlike some newer figures.

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th May 2011, 07:11 PM
Having just opened my Sy-klone, I have decided I love the cartoon head mould. So even though I know nothing about Catra, I am thinking of getting her, just because of the sculpting of her '1980's female character cartoon face'

I need the flimsiest of excuses...:rolleyes:

kup
16th May 2011, 08:10 PM
Should I get another She-Ra or not...I can't decide! :(

Tallestblue
16th May 2011, 11:25 PM
GODAMMIT! Money came out of my account and now I can't afford Catra!!!

If anyone is getting doubles I'll gladly take one off their hands.

Robzy
16th May 2011, 11:59 PM
Nothing for me. Not really interested in Catra (she's okay, but PoP is not my bag).

The only thing I'm kinda after are a couple of the Green Lantern Classics. But I can wait til morning for that!

kup
17th May 2011, 07:40 AM
I completely forgot about the sale last night and this morning somehow while watching a couple of Bogans carrying on at Central, it dawned on me and I freaked. I tried logging in through my phone but the reception on that train line is horrible, I only managed to see 'Almost Gone' on Catra. That felt like a blessing but also struck me with fear as it meant I had to get to work ASAP or I miss out, at least it gave me hope.

I was lucky that there were still Catras avaliable when I got into the office so managed to get an order in. Annoyed that I will have to order Whiplash separately - THAT SUCKS!

GODAMMIT! Money came out of my account and now I can't afford Catra!!!

If anyone is getting doubles I'll gladly take one off their hands.

I already ordered but I can make another order for it but you will likely pay a full $30 with shipping. Are you ok with that? let me know ASAP.

Tallestblue
17th May 2011, 09:14 AM
I completely forgot about the sale last night and this morning somehow while watching a couple of Bogans carrying on at Central, it dawned on me and I freaked. I tried logging in through my phone but the reception on that train line is horrible, I only managed to see 'Almost Gone' on Catra. That was both a blessing and struck me with fear as it meant I had to get to work ASAP or I miss out, at least it gave me hope.

I was lucky that there were still Catras avaliable when I got into the office so managed to get an order in. Annoyed that I will have to order Whiplash separately - THAT SUCKS!

I already ordered but I can make another order for it but you will likely pay a full $30 with shipping. Are you ok with that? let me know ASAP.

All is good Kup! I managed to run to the bank and then to an internet Cafe to snag Catra for myself. Thanks anyway mate!

kup
17th May 2011, 09:55 AM
All is good Kup! I managed to run to the bank and then to an internet Cafe to snag Catra for myself. Thanks anyway mate!

No problem, I am glad you were able to score yours. I was lucky too :)

Oddly enough, they are still marked as "Almost Gone".

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th May 2011, 12:05 PM
No problem, I am glad you were able to score yours. I was lucky too :)

Oddly enough, they are still marked as "Almost Gone".

Still marked almost gone when I gave a try not more than half an hour ago. Managed to bag Catra as well.

Maybe then must have people nabbed it first thing and the rest are just sitting there waiting for the sleep in guys ( like me) to clean up?:D

kup
17th May 2011, 02:52 PM
Still almost gone. Wow! I wonder if everyone that wanted one got them early on to trigger the 'Almost gone' notice or do they just put it there to motivate sales?

Robzy
17th May 2011, 05:24 PM
Not MOTU related, but I can't believe how quickly the GL stuff sold out! That's awesome!!

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th May 2011, 12:32 PM
Looks like Catra has Sold out. Erm, due to it being listed as 'sold out':rolleyes:

She-Ra is next on the list. No love for Stratos this time though.

kup
19th May 2011, 05:53 PM
Looks like Catra has Sold out. Erm, due to it being listed as 'sold out':rolleyes:

She-Ra is next on the list. No love for Stratos this time though.

There won't be, he is a crappy toy. I am already regretting buying him somewhat but I like the character so that's ok.

kurdt_the_goat
19th May 2011, 06:27 PM
I'm sure u can have fun with stratos as long as you play with him using the sean connery voice from 200x :)

Hursticon
19th May 2011, 07:50 PM
I'm sure u can have fun with stratos as long as you play with him using the sean connery voice from 200x :)

That voice, by none other than Scott McNeil, completely sold me on the character. :cool:

Tallestblue
20th May 2011, 10:13 AM
Stratos IS a boring toy...but I find him much more interesting than Zodac.

kup
20th May 2011, 12:13 PM
Stratos IS a boring toy...but I find him much more interesting than Zodac.

I want the 200X MOTUC Zodak. The original 200X toy was rather crap and I want a better version.

Tallestblue
20th May 2011, 01:46 PM
He is raaaaaaaare.

kup
20th May 2011, 09:57 PM
He is raaaaaaaare.

I know, that is why I am so annoyed at not owning him. I wish he would have a reissue, the regular Zodac sucks.

Tallestblue
21st May 2011, 02:17 PM
I know, that is why I am so annoyed at not owning him. I wish he would have a reissue, the regular Zodac sucks.

The only thing that bugs me about Zodak is he doesn't have a removable helmet like his 200X toy does. I mean. The horseman didn't even sculpt a second head.