PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Nathan, Transfan

autobreadticon
4th May 2008, 08:10 PM
http://www.bigbrother.com.au/day007-news-nathanmebb.htm

Hi , may not interest you but Nathan is a self-confess transformer fan. In his introduction he said he still keep his old transformers in his draw, but is seen playing with Movie 2007 toys.
He also says he shed a tear when Optimus Prime died in the movie.

Fav and most treasured item is his Optimus Prime voice changer , but to keep his street cred gives one of his basketball trophies on the live show

We should invite this guy to join the board when he gets booted out :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th May 2008, 09:00 PM
We should ignore this guy for being such a moron to go on Big Brother. I think he is an insult to Transformers! I have nothing to base this on, except that he has gone on one of the lamest shows made for the lowest common denominator that is an insult to the TV viewing public </rant>

I won't be watching bb:D

Robzy
4th May 2008, 09:07 PM
I won't be watching bb:D
You won't be watching Bumblebee??? :eek::D

I have to agree, Tetsuwan... I'm not a fan of the show either!

:)

Kyle
4th May 2008, 09:12 PM
Can't say I disagree with Tetsuwan... :D:p

Pulse
4th May 2008, 09:15 PM
"Big Brother" is a dirty word that shall not be spoken of around these parts... :)

For having any association with that poor excuse for a show, this "Nathan" guy (whether it's his real name or "Big Brother" name :rolleyes:) has no right to call himself a TF person. :D

Period

autobreadticon
4th May 2008, 09:17 PM
guys you are being harsh on Nathan.
Big Brother is bullocks but Nathan is a TF fan, and admitting you like Transformers on national T.V is brave. I rather keep my secret fetishes to myself ;)

Kyle
4th May 2008, 09:24 PM
sorry Bread... :p

Pulse
4th May 2008, 09:30 PM
admitting you like Transformers on national T.V is brave.

That reminds me of this one time when I had Nova on a couple of weeks ago, they had this band on http://www.myspace.com/thegalvatrons & they admitted they luved the show back then & the lead singer thought Galvatron was the most evil of them all (or something like that).

I don't think I could go on national TV or Radio & admit that I lurve me some plasticcrack. :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th May 2008, 09:32 PM
guys you are being harsh on Nathan.
Big Brother is bullocks but Nathan is a TF fan, and admitting you like Transformers on national T.V is brave. I rather keep my secret fetishes to myself ;)

I would be more embarrased about admitiing to others that I had been on Big brother than admitting that I am a fan of TFs:p

jaydisc
4th May 2008, 09:37 PM
BB08 rules! :D

The_Damned
4th May 2008, 09:48 PM
then again you could win lots of money to spend on transformers............

jaydisc
4th May 2008, 09:54 PM
Oh the irony! I'm sure there are Big Brother fans sitting around somewhere saying what a loser this dude is for collecting toys.

Burn
4th May 2008, 10:09 PM
Nathan will probably not even be noticed because of all the other whiney self-absorbed morons that are clogging up that house.

And they promised it would be different and better this year. Then they announced Kyle Sandilands as a host. :(

Paulbot
4th May 2008, 10:17 PM
I'm watching Big Brother, and have done every year - I love the show, but have taped tonight's episodes so I missed this but will catch up.

Mod note: moved to Australian News and changed the title to explain the TF relevance.

roller
4th May 2008, 10:39 PM
die big brother die die die!!!!!

always used to run over time and not show the simpsons

always had to put up with morons at school talking about some self obsessed tart on that ridiculous show

Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate!!!!!!

kup
4th May 2008, 10:45 PM
Big Brother is one of the big reasons of why Australian TV has downgraded from being bad to being freaking awful. Because Ten had a big hit with it now everyone else wants a share of the reality crap.

I hate it and hate anyone who goes on it and walk away or give a dirty look to anyone that talks about watching it.

Its rating success and longevity makes me feel sad because it shows just how cultured the general public is.

Sorry if I offend the people who watch it but the above is exactly how I feel about the show and I make no apologies for that.

STL
4th May 2008, 11:20 PM
I certainly have my concerns about the show. But granted, I congratulate the chap on coming out as it could sorely affect his opportunity to win. But other than that, the show is a representation of what is wrong w/ certain sections of our population.

Thanatos
5th May 2008, 12:13 AM
Big Brother would be a much more amusing show if the premise was that of social experiment. Control groups and stuff. Aww yeah, sweet waiving of ethical rights.

My Psychology study is bringing out the worst in me.

stencilator
5th May 2008, 09:52 AM
You've all seen my avitar... Big Brother makes me angry... and you won't like me when I'm angry! :mad:

Reality shows have killed TV. Bring back the Simpsons every night, cheesy sitcoms for prime time, and the Sunday night movie so I can relax and enjoy my couch time again.

Urge to kill, rising...

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/stencilator/2F03.jpg

i_amtrunks
5th May 2008, 09:59 AM
Betcha he wouldn't have admitted loving Transformers if the movie hadnt had been released last year...

As for Radio transformers related things, the Galvatrons song was terrible!
Apparently Wil Anderson has put up his 07 Voice Changer helmet as his "personal treasure to auction off" if he loses his triple M Footy tipping comp against Lehmo, so I guess Wil Anderson is a fan as well.

jaydisc
5th May 2008, 10:39 AM
Big Brother would be a much more amusing show if the premise was that of social experiment.

I think it IS a social experiment. That's exactly how and why I [occasionally] view it.

Now, I'm gonna have to probably duck for cover after saying this, but for all you complaining about missing the Simpsons, if it's an episode made in the last 5 years, it encompasses the same writing style filled with devoid shock humor that you so dislike BB(≤08) for. It ain't what it used to be ;)

Reality TV appeals for two main reasons (me thinks):

1. It makes fans think that the possibility of them becoming a celebrity is all the more real.

2. It introduces all sorts of new revenue models for TV stations. Specifically, they don't have to pay writers, royalties and they get additional revenue from the voting.

So, if you really want to oppose BB08 and feature BB's, stop watching channel 7, 9 and Ten all together! Otherwise, I think that all of you complainers are simply contributing to the engine that creates what you hate! :D

roller
5th May 2008, 10:49 AM
If everyone read '1984' by George Orwell we wouldn't have stupid reality tv,we'd have nice shows that don't dumb down the population even more

Kyle
5th May 2008, 11:10 AM
BB08 rules! :D

:p

http://www.hk-tf.com/hktfdocs/sin/camaro08/DSC07164.jpg

:D

Paulbot
5th May 2008, 11:12 AM
Although there's a lot that's not real in Big Brother I enjoy it much more than something like Home and Away. Big Brother's producers make just as much effort put into creating storylines and dramas as the soap, but the reactions from the people in the house are real. The way people behave naturally is more interesting than the so-called acting from pretty young things in Summer Bay.

I do think that there is a lot of overkill with all the specials and extra programs, but as a five night a week half hour pseudo-soap I'm all for it.

i_amtrunks
5th May 2008, 11:19 AM
Although there's a lot that's not real in Big Brother I enjoy it much more than something like Home and Away. Big Brother's producers make just as much effort put into creating storylines and dramas as the soap, but the reactions from the people in the house are real. The way people behave naturally is more interesting than the so-called acting from pretty young things in Summer Bay.

I do think that there is a lot of overkill with all the specials and extra programs, but as a five night a week half hour pseudo-soap I'm all for it.

I'd have to agree on the BB vs. H&A front, I hate H&A with a fiery passion.

Apparently due to the idiot BB hosts having their radio commitments they wont be available to do anywhere near as many mid week specials that screw up the schedule as they have done in the past. So thats a plus.

Robzy
5th May 2008, 11:25 AM
Big Brother's producers make just as much effort put into creating storylines and dramas as the soap, but the reactions from the people in the house are real.
I'd say hyper-real! There's been a lot of discussion about this... basically the idea is that these contestants (if I can even call them that :rolleyes:) react in a way that they think they should react, but not necessarily how they would react!

And Thanatos is right... this is not a social experiment! If it was they would have different groups (a control group for example).

:)

Paulbot
5th May 2008, 11:33 AM
But at least they finally got somewhere in there that knows something about Transformers :)

1orion2many
5th May 2008, 12:13 PM
:eek:You are all sick for even talking about this topic:eek::p:D.

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 12:14 PM
Waiting to see if Nathan wears a transformer t-shirt , BB08 RULZ haha

MV75
5th May 2008, 12:19 PM
I think it IS a social experiment. That's exactly how and why I [occasionally] view it.

Dude, that's the type of pseudo intelligent crap that, well, I better stop there.

The very first season, yes, you can get away with that rubbish reasoning, but so many seasons on? Nope, it's just trash tv that is the equivilant of drinking yourself stupid as an excuse to act out in unsocially acceptable ways and appeals to people who think to have a life, they need to watch and emulate others shows of poor public social behaviour. And guess where this is all coming from? Yep, the minds of 40+ year old network executives which are the very people that the young ones think this show will enable them to "rebell" against. Which leads to;

If you think this is real, then you're not paying attention, this trash is so scripted and carefully controlled so far up its arse it's spewing writers out its mouth.
________
Bmw M2B15 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M2B15)

Thanatos
5th May 2008, 12:23 PM
Call me being picky about the social experiment thing. My degree always makes me instantly discount things like Big Brother or other so called reality TV shows because there are a lot of faults with the methods.

Of course, thats why I don't give the definition of social experiment to Big Brother. It's entertainment. Watching people live in a house is very fly on the wall which heaps of people wish they could do from time to time.

I don't care that Big Brother is on my TV mainly because I stopped watching network television around about the same time I realised I could obtain and watch scripted shows via other means before they even arrive in Aus. It's win win!

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th May 2008, 01:09 PM
You won't be watching Bumblebee??? :eek::D
Well, i used to watch Bumblebee, but he got a restaining order out on me after he saw me spying on him in the car wash....:D

Big Brother is one of the big reasons of why Australian TV has downgraded from being bad to being freaking awful. Because Ten had a big hit with it now everyone else wants a share of the reality crap.

I hate it and hate anyone who goes on it and walk away or give a dirty look to anyone that talks about watching it.

Its rating success and longevity makes me feel sad because it shows just how cultured the general public is.

Sorry if I offend the people who watch it but the above is exactly how I feel about the show and I make no apologies for that.

Wot Kup said!

sanbot
5th May 2008, 01:48 PM
A fan is a fan no matter what he/she does.

Having said that, any show that would pay money to Corey (that lil asswipe, who shot to fame for holding a big party) to appear is not worth the air that we breathe. Its a crime to say the least and I don't understand why people still watch this rubbish.

And I managed to comment without saying B.... ooops almost said it hehe :D

Thanatos
5th May 2008, 01:53 PM
Oh don't even get me started on Corey. Little *various insults of NSFW content* should be in jail for breaking the law and a public pariah for being so insanely stupid.

Or at least castrated. Seriously. Remove him from the gene pool. We'll be richer for it.

jaydisc
5th May 2008, 03:31 PM
If you think this is real, then you're not paying attention, this trash is so scripted and carefully controlled so far up its arse it's spewing writers out its mouth.

I don't think it's real and I completely agree with the concept of control, but not from the perspective of scripting, but rather, clever editing. They completely control the context of every action.

Kyle
5th May 2008, 03:33 PM
Having said that, any show that would pay money to Corey (that lil asswipe, who shot to fame for holding a big party) to appear is not worth the air that we breathe. Its a crime to say the least and I don't understand why people still watch this rubbish.

nod nod

jaydisc
5th May 2008, 03:41 PM
See, my mind is of a very inquisitive nature and that's why I watch BB08.

I don't think these people are special.
I know Ten manipulates content
I don't barrack for any player
I'm not impressed with the culture influence it might have or represent

I'm aware of all these shortcomings, but I'm fascinated with that can be learned and inferred from the format. Things like:

1. How can format be manipulated in order to completely reverse the context of a situation.
2. What mix of people can be put together to create a desired effect.
3. How is big media using television, advertising and sponsorship to deliver messages.

To me, Big Brother is almost like American football, in that it has nearly nothing to do with the player, but rather, two coaches on the field playing a style of Chess with real life people. To me, the producers of this show are doing something very similar. No, I don't find it wholehearted. I think they prey on cast and audience alike. But yet, I find this reveals countless aspects of human nature that I personally love to analyze.

sanbot
5th May 2008, 03:53 PM
jaydisc, I think I can understand where you are coming from...

I think if someone can stay neutral about things i.e. neither feel particular hate or particular like towards something then they can watch it and not be deterred because of their strong feelings about a certain aspect of the show. Get past your preconceptions or opinions on something and like jaydisc, I am sure others can enjoy it too.

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 03:55 PM
how good was superbowl this year, so much drama :D

Pulse
5th May 2008, 03:59 PM
How did this topic go from wondering whether or not a TF person should be invited here... to discussing that poor excuse for a show?

If that's the case, then shouldn't this be moved to the non-TF section?

sanbot
5th May 2008, 04:01 PM
How did this topic go from wondering whether or not a TF person should be invited here... to discussing that poor excuse for a show?

If that's the case, then shouldn't this be moved to the non-TF section?

I was thinking that too... hehe

I guess this show has a way of stirring ppl up myself included!

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 04:06 PM
the topic wasnt really about promoting the show , it was just some fun random news of a transformer fan entering the house. Lets celebrate that he is a transfan instead on focusing on the show :)

roller
5th May 2008, 05:23 PM
soon we shall destroy the jedi and return balance to the empire!

Lord_Zed
5th May 2008, 06:39 PM
Ulp, I'm afraid I'm part of the angry mob who want to burn down the Big Brother house.

Well not really but I don't care much for reality tv or gameshows for that mater. With one excpetion.

I do like the Einstien Factor on channel 2 nice fast quiz show, and It's interesting cause contestants pick thier own topics. I'd love to see a Transfan go on that and choose Transformers or some aspect of the Transformers universe for thier topic. Some of the TF fans on this board are more than knowledgable enough to do well I reckon.

autobreadticon
5th May 2008, 09:05 PM
EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todays episode of South Park, Optimus Prime is seen fighting on the battlefields in imagination land. He was on the good forces fighting the evil imagination characters similar to scenes in the return of the kings invasion

Robzy
5th May 2008, 09:47 PM
EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Todays episode of South Park, Optimus Prime is seen fighting on the battlefields in imagination land.
Yeah, I saw that as well! :D But wasn't the episode a repeat? :confused: I've seen pictures of Prime on South Park before (maybe it was just from an American site)...

So now he's been on South Park and Family Guy... any other shows? :)

SilverDragon
5th May 2008, 09:48 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if one of the TFs was a surprise houseguest? He/she'd do a far better job than Corey.

jaydisc
5th May 2008, 10:03 PM
any other shows? :)

ROBOT CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robzy
5th May 2008, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah, forgot that one! :)

i_amtrunks
6th May 2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I saw that as well! :D But wasn't the episode a repeat? :confused: I've seen pictures of Prime on South Park before (maybe it was just from an American site)...

It's the first time it has aired in Australia on SBS, but it was released in the USA about 6 months ago.

goro
6th May 2008, 10:47 AM
I don't think I could go on national TV or Radio & admit that I lurve me some plasticcrack. :D

lol been there and done that ... while having the shit bagged out of the dinobots by akmal saleh on nova

Pulse
6th May 2008, 11:14 AM
lol been there and done that ... while having the shit bagged out of the dinobots by akmal saleh on nova

Yeah, but all they knew about you was your name. How many other Goro's are out there?

If I'd rang up Nova that day & used my board name, They'd be like "Pulse isn't a real name" :). I've found that it's always better to use a fake name than a real one - More Fun! :D

Burn
6th May 2008, 01:52 PM
I know I shocked Trunks the other day when I mentioned this over at Seibertron, and I will admit it, I do watch Big Brother.

Though the last few years it's pretty much been the first show so I can check out the house design and any potential eye candy (oh look, another bunch of 20 something blonde bimbos, i'll try again next year!).

This year though I have watched a bit more, mostly to see this "Nobbi" guy suffer.

But for those who think Ten keep bringing it back because it's a ratings success, it's anything but. BB hasn't been big in the ratings for a number of years. They bring it back because of the money they make from people voting.

It started off you'd vote for who you wanted to evict after they were nominated. Then they discovered they could make more money by introducing the option to either evict or save those nominated.

This year it's completely different. Everyone is nominated and you vote for the one you want to save with the house mates deciding who to evict out of the bottom three.

Currently there's 12 people to vote for. In the past it was rare for more than 4 people to be voted for. So no doubt they'll make a bucket load more money from the votes, combined with their "premium membership" for the VIP section on the website (where they offer uncensored live streaming ... which is crap because it's apparently censored and drops out regularly) and their attempt to reinvent the show with less adult themes and Gretel, then it'll no doubt be around for a few more years yet.

Seriously, since the introduction of Big Brother back in 2001 Channel 10 are now turning a profit. Before that they were struggling to survive. Love it or hate it, BB has actually saved Channel 10 from death. Whether that's a good thing or not I don't know, but it certainly offers an alternative to Seven and Nine.

roller
6th May 2008, 02:08 PM
wouldn't it be cool if G1 Brawl and Mr T smashed their way in there!

you guys can picture it too right?

i_amtrunks
6th May 2008, 03:11 PM
But for those who think Ten keep bringing it back because it's a ratings success, it's anything but. BB hasn't been big in the ratings for a number of years. They bring it back because of the money they make from people voting.

Same goes for Idol too. Dance was a smashing success, but the voting $$$ certainly doesnt hurt the hip pocket.

It started off you'd vote for who you wanted to evict after they were nominated. Then they discovered they could make more money by introducing the option to either evict or save those nominated.

This year it's completely different. Everyone is nominated and you vote for the one you want to save with the house mates deciding who to evict out of the bottom three.

Currently there's 12 people to vote for. In the past it was rare for more than 4 people to be voted for. So no doubt they'll make a bucket load more money from the votes, combined with their "premium membership" for the VIP section on the website (where they offer uncensored live streaming ... which is crap because it's apparently censored and drops out regularly) and their attempt to reinvent the show with less adult themes and Gretel, then it'll no doubt be around for a few more years yet.

Seriously, since the introduction of Big Brother back in 2001 Channel 10 are now turning a profit. Before that they were struggling to survive. Love it or hate it, BB has actually saved Channel 10 from death. Whether that's a good thing or not I don't know, but it certainly offers an alternative to Seven and Nine.

You can call the people who make Big Brother many things, but stupid is not one of them. They know how to best get attention for themselves and make themselves a cash load of moolah to boot. Advertising isnt cheap, and to have as many naming right sponsors as they do provides them with the cash they need to run such an expensive show.

dirge
6th May 2008, 06:54 PM
Turn off the TV and go for a walk outside d:

Kyle
6th May 2008, 09:14 PM
wouldn't it be cool if G1 Brawl and Mr T smashed their way in there!

you guys can picture it too right?

:o

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th May 2008, 01:03 AM
Ulp, I'm afraid I'm part of the angry mob who want to burn down the Big Brother house.

Well not really but I don't care much for reality tv or gameshows for that mater. With one excpetion.

I do like the Einstien Factor on channel 2 nice fast quiz show, and It's interesting cause contestants pick thier own topics. I'd love to see a Transfan go on that and choose Transformers or some aspect of the Transformers universe for thier topic. Some of the TF fans on this board are more than knowledgable enough to do well I reckon.
Surely the makers of the show have to make up the questions, so how do they find people with more knowledge on the subject than the contestent?

Megatron (actually a look-like, but it was close enough) popped up on Drawn Together. He was one of Foxxy's foster parents. Didn't last long.

Megs:"I Transform now you Transform"
Foxxy:"I need a hug"
Megs:" I transform now you transform"

His mode was a giant gun too!

Sweet sweet stuff

sanbot
7th May 2008, 11:17 AM
You can call the people who make Big Brother many things, but stupid is not one of them. They know how to best get attention for themselves and make themselves a cash load of moolah to boot. Advertising isnt cheap, and to have as many naming right sponsors as they do provides them with the cash they need to run such an expensive show.

I'm ashamed to admit it :o but I can't get that damned "I don't think so" song out of my head from their advertisement. So I guess they're doing something right.

Burn
7th May 2008, 05:29 PM
For those who are silly enough to be interested (which says a lot about me considering i'm posting this)

Of the three "gatecrashers" that went in on Sunday (Nathan being one of them), two were evicted this morning.

Nathan wasn't one of them, so he's still in there and still with a chance to make Trunks squeel like a fangirl when he busts out a TF t-shirt. :p

Paulbot
7th May 2008, 08:54 PM
He hasn't mentioned Transformers yet... I'm on the look out for some mention to share.

Robzy
9th May 2008, 01:52 PM
Megs:"I Transform now you Transform"
Foxxy:"I need a hug"
Megs:" I transform now you transform"

His mode was a giant gun too!

Sweet sweet stuff
:D:D Great stuff!

jaydisc
9th May 2008, 02:21 PM
Of the three "gatecrashers" that went in on Sunday (Nathan being one of them), two were evicted this morning.

Nathan wasn't one of them, so he's still in there and still with a chance to make Trunks squeel like a fangirl when he busts out a TF t-shirt. :p

Total spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robzy
9th May 2008, 09:48 PM
And while we're on the topic of "characters" appearing in other shows (several posts back)... I just saw Mikaela (Miss Megan Fox) on Two and a Half Men tonight... wearing 'not very much' I might add :eek::eek::o

roller
9th May 2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah she looked better in that show then in tfs movie,especially washin windows:)

autobreadticon
10th May 2008, 03:29 PM
The Galvatrons will appear on Sunday's Video Hits as guest.

jaydisc
25th May 2008, 08:23 PM
It's not lookin' good for Nate...