PDA

View Full Version : AUS Target DotM Competition & Website

griffin
14th May 2011, 09:11 PM
From the endcap display at a Target store, a website promotion was listed, called 'Unlock the Secrets' (UtS), at this location - http://transformers.target.com.au/

The Promotion has 12 small prizes over 7 weeks, plus a grand prize at the end.

Purchase any Transformers Item over $5 at Target between May 15th to July 3rd 2011, to receive a 3D gamecard (12 different collector cards, released over the 7 weeks - see schedule below).
Each card has a different 6-digit code on the back, which grants entry to the part of the UtS website corresponding to that Card.

Entry to the UtS website with your code enters you into one of the 12 prize draws over the 7 weeks, as well as the Grand Prize Draw.
Grand Prize entry also requires a 25-word entry at time of entering code for the 12 minor prizes.

Entry is open to all Australian Residents, online only.
Promotion is valid whilst stocks last.
Excludes Layby purchases.

Schedule of Collector Cards and Prize Draws:
(each week looks to be Mon-Sun, with prize drawn that next Wed)
Week 1 - Cards/Draws 1-4 (drawn 25th May)
Week 2 - Card/Draw 5 (drawn 1st June)
Week 3 - Card/Draw 6 (drawn 8th June)
Week 4 - Card/Draw 7 (drawn 15th June)
Week 5 - Card/Draw 8 (drawn 22nd June)
Week 6 - Card/Draw 9 (drawn 29th June)
Week 7 - Cards/Draws 10-12 (drawn 6th July)

(Card 10 is week 7 in T&Cs, but week 6 on the section for entering access codes)

Winners will be notified by email and prizes sent by courier within 3 weeks of being drawn.

The 12 Minor Prizes contains:
1 TF Leader toy
1 TF Voyager toy
1 TF Deluxe toy
2 TF3 Video Games
1 TF DVD Boxset
1 Target $50 Giftcard
(Total Target Retail Value of each pack - $500)

The Major Grand Prize contains:
1 PS3 120Gb Console
1 TCL Transformers TV
1 Nintendo 3DS
1 Exclusive Transformers toy(?)
2 TF3 Video Games
1 TF DVD Boxset
1 Target $500 Giftcard
1 "complete" set of Mechtech TF toys
(Total Target Retail Value of this pack - $7,820)

The 12 minor prize draws are random, and are not requiring a gaming permit for being under $5000 value.
The Grand Prize is a game of skill, based on the 25-word entry submitted with Entry Code.
(I don't know yet what the 25-word question is)

Promotion is by Hasbro.

Hursticon
14th May 2011, 09:26 PM
Hmm...

Certainly gives incentive to purchase a couple of items from Target, but uh - Griffin?:

Purchase any Transformers Item over $5 at Target between May 15th to July 3rd 2001,

:D

Zippo
14th May 2011, 10:06 PM
Same cards our Farmers are giving away with each TF purchase -- and all cards are available at the start of the promo.

Jaisun
16th May 2011, 06:18 PM
My apologies if this is old or already posted, but I couldn't see anything about it after a quick search. Anyhoo, while at Target yesterday, I bought two TF tees, and they gave me a lenticular Optimus Prime collector card for purchasing TF products over $5. I checked the site on the back when I got home and entered the competition (nice prizes =o), discovering there are more cards to collect over the coming weeks (4x cards for week 1, then a single card per week thereafter). Something worth noting that I discovered when returning today for the other 3 cards, if you want all 4 of the week 1 cards, get your 4 purchases on separate receipts, because their T&C's state "1 card per transaction", not per product.

Anyhoo, I hope this helps someone, the lenticular cards look purty cool, 2x of them are single 3D image, the other 2x are 2-step images, plus the prizes look pretty sweet =o)

http://transformers.target.com.au/

Sharky
16th May 2011, 07:05 PM
i Purchased a Roadbuster today and when asked about the free card they had no idea what i was talking about

great communication .....

Jaisun
16th May 2011, 08:43 PM
i Purchased a Roadbuster today and when asked about the free card they had no idea what i was talking about

great communication .....

They are truly the stuff of champions... -.-

I went to a local Big W today, they had a store room trolley full of DotM stock ready to put out, and I got there just as the guy opened the first case. I got excited to witness this, then he glanced at the stamp on the box; "Do not put on shelves before May 16th, 2011". At this he put the box down, walked away, half an hour later, still gone, so I figured he gave up even though the two other local Big W's have had theirs out for 2-3 days. Is it just me, or do they intentionally employ people who just don't care about what they are selling and don't bother to check anything? I'm sure a quick ask of the manager would be a better solution than leaving a massive cart of stock hogging the isle until the next day, yes?

griffin
16th May 2011, 09:06 PM
It's a pretty clever way of making people make multiple purchases - at least 12 over seven weeks - if you want to collect the set, or enter each of the 7 competitions.

Over $5??? I doubt there's anything less than $5 that's TFs related... they shoulda just said 'any TFs purchase'.

kaiden
16th May 2011, 10:27 PM
It's a pretty clever way of making people make multiple purchases - at least 12 over seven weeks - if you want to collect the set, or enter each of the 7 competitions.

Over $5??? I doubt there's anything less than $5 that's TFs related... they shoulda just said 'any TFs purchase'.

rts legends on clearance for $3ea? if there are still any around...

Sharky
19th May 2011, 11:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Sharkysparky/Grabbings/2011/20110517_02sm.jpg

i did return to target the next day and purchased a Legion Figure and i asked about the cards again and got an "oh Yeah we have those" she pulled out the first 4 (none had been opened from the packet they were delivered in so i dont think they have given any out before) and gave me two of each

i did notice that on the back of the cards the numbers on the individual cards are the same eg the two megatron cards have the same number etc etc

my bumblebee cards didnt recognise the code and i have not tried the other two yet

the question i had was in 25 words or less how would you transform your room?

or something like that.

reillyd
19th May 2011, 07:59 PM
Is anyone interested in exchanging duplicates? I'm desperate to collect all the set (not so interested in competition codes), but my store only seemed to have megatron and bumblebee :(

Alternately, I might be willing to subsidize your legion/legends purchases if you're willing to sell me a set of cards ;)

reillyd
19th May 2011, 08:22 PM
Bumblebee doesn't work for me yet. Maybe it will work later??

Additional bonus content unlocked by Megatron

Digital PDF of the collectors guide that Griffith scanned in
http://transformers.target.com.au/exclusive/hasbrotoys.pdf

Awesome digital wallpaper of the moon, and the crashed Ark
http://transformers.target.com.au/exclusive/wallpaper1.jpg

"Trivia" pdf, background on the movie, and some spoilers. Not
sure if its "official" as it contradicts what we've heard about a certain pair
of comical side-kicks.

http://transformers.target.com.au/exclusive/trivia.pdf

Rosie Huntington profile (actress)
http://transformers.target.com.au/exclusive/rosie.pdf

All this content appears to be Australian exclusives, and are branded transformers.target.com.au

Is this what Griffith was hinting at as the Australian exclusive?
If so, its a great marketing campaign they are running

Autocon
19th May 2011, 11:54 PM
wooo im entering this:D:cool:

off to target i go, ay ho ay ho

yoshi594
20th May 2011, 12:23 AM
I just hope the next wave comes in before the competition ends. hardly anything else i'd get from target now except powerglide and possibly another crankcase (provided the embedded numbers match the one i bought b4 :) )

reillyd
20th May 2011, 12:24 PM
I just hope the next wave comes in before the competition ends. hardly anything else i'd get from target now except powerglide and possibly another crankcase (provided the embedded numbers match the one i bought b4 :) )

Its possible, but there's unlikely to be new stock for a few weeks, so you might just have to by legions as christmas gifts or gifts for "goodwill" to get the weekly card. I just hope that targets get new cards each week, because most don't even know or honor the promotion where I live

griffin
20th May 2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, a week isn't very long in retailing terms. If they got all their promotion cards at once with the display stand, they need staff-members there on the ball at the start of every week, knowing to give out new cards and 'throwing away' the previous week's cards. And all the people at the registers need to know about the promotion to remember giving out the Cards (one of many 'insignificant' things they'd need to be remembering on their shift - or be informed by Management at the start of their first shift during the promotion)
At least you guys knew about the promotion before it started, to know to ask for the Cards.

(and if anyone ends up getting a lot of spares to sell, I'd be interested in a set)

Jaisun
22nd May 2011, 11:41 PM
Mmkay, this is kinda wierd, and worries me of things to come re: collecting a set in sequence. I got my 4 week 1 cards when this started a week ago from TTP and Elizabeth, and today my wife wanted to go for a drive to Marion. There was just DotM stuff, which I have what I want of this wave already, so I bought my two sons a little 'mini library' which has 4 small thick card books of OP, BB, Megs and SS for $6 so I could see if they'd started the week 2 card yet. She showed me the only one they had, it was different from the 4 I had, so I thought 'yay, week 2 card!', but now that I've checked it out, it's actually the week 6 card! o.O Soooo, umm... Do we need to frequent EVERY local Target to keep track of which store is doing what card on what week? Gonna be a major mind job if it is...

And all the people at the registers need to know about the promotion to remember giving out the Cards (one of many 'insignificant' things they'd need to be remembering on their shift - or be informed by Management at the start of their first shift during the promotion)
At least you guys knew about the promotion before it started, to know to ask for the Cards.

Each time I got cards, they were stored at the service counter, so you just make your purchase and take your receipt up to the service counter person to get the card, because each card comes in a loose shrink wrapped stack. To distribute them amongst each register with so many shift changes and so many levels of 'care' etc from these employees (see: just there for the pay cheque) it would get messy, so I think taking the receipt to the service desk is the simplest way, as the people there usually have a bit more 'give a sh*t' factor than some of the register operators.

griffin
23rd May 2011, 12:10 AM
Sounds like they got all the cards at once with the shelf display, and some stores aren't aware of which ones to give out in which week.

Maybe if someone does a decent sized purchase at Target, ask for one of each of the 12 cards, saying that it prevents them from giving you the wrong one for that week. (it'd suck if they gave out an early week card in one of the later weeks, preventing you from being able to enter at all for that purchase)

Jaisun
23rd May 2011, 01:19 AM
(it'd suck if they gave out an early week card in one of the later weeks, preventing you from being able to enter at all for that purchase)

It certainly would, and yet, this is what we have come to expect from these stores =oP

Jaisun
23rd May 2011, 02:10 PM
Sounds like they got all the cards at once with the shelf display, and some stores aren't aware of which ones to give out in which week.

Maybe if someone does a decent sized purchase at Target, ask for one of each of the 12 cards, saying that it prevents them from giving you the wrong one for that week. (it'd suck if they gave out an early week card in one of the later weeks, preventing you from being able to enter at all for that purchase)

I thought along these lines also, but interestingly, when I explained the week 2/6 card issue to my wife, she said she was positive that the sticker on the shrink wrapping said 'week 2'. When you compare the two cards in question, they aren't all that different, so I would be inclined to think whoever stickered these up saw BB & OP on a landscape card, didn't bother checking the details that differ them, and marked them the wrong way around. That's just my guess, but if Target are indeed getting these sent out per week, then their week 2/week 6 is screwed. To further confirm this, I asked Hollywood Plaza Target today which card they had, and sure enough, it was the week 6 card. So I'm pretty sure they are sent out weekly, as they only had 4x stacks the first week (1 stack per card), and this week they have only 1 stack, it's just of the wrong, similarly pictured card/week. Does that make sense to anyone? =oP

Autocon
24th May 2011, 12:27 AM
so if I purchase 5 legions in one go, will I get 5 cards?

or do I need to purchase 5 legions separately?

griffin
24th May 2011, 12:37 AM
Ask at the register, and buy them separately if they say no.

k.wong23
24th May 2011, 12:08 PM
I bought a ROTF toy yesterday on clearance $29, should I go back with the receipt and ask for this card?

griffin
24th May 2011, 01:18 PM
You could try... They might say that it should have been claimed at time of purchase, as people could claim extras later from the one purchase. But they probably won't care if they saw that they had left-overs in previous weeks (which are useless after that week's competition is already drawn).

Sharky
24th May 2011, 09:41 PM
i popped into the target locally and picked up another legion, all they gave me was week one cards, tommorrow i will try another local target... but then i am out of legions to buy.....

i do have a spare week one Prime if anyone is interested in trading...(should we have a seperate card trading thread?)

STL
24th May 2011, 09:47 PM
Okay, I tried entering these in. Am I the only one having trouble? Used the last 6 digits which I'm sure is right.

uteiki
25th May 2011, 09:26 AM
I got a powerglide from Target yesterday & the lady at the counter was totally clueless as to the free Transformer card. She went to talk with a supervisor for 15 min & came back later with 4 different cards & nicely asked me to choose which one i wanted :)

But came home & tried keying in the 6 digit codes & it didn't work for me either...

griffin
25th May 2011, 08:45 PM
It's not good if they need to be chased up like that... how are regular kids and parents supposed to know about it to ask? (I guess it improves the chances of us fans who know to ask).

Pity to hear that they may be giving out cards from the wrong weeks because they don't know they should only hand out specific cards during specific weeks (offering uteiki 4 cards to pick from in week 2, which should only have 1 available).
If I recall, the website actually shows most of the 12 cards, which should let you know what card(s) they should be giving you each week.

Autocon
25th May 2011, 10:57 PM
so i have 6 cards. with a double

can i give the legions back for refund or do you need to keep them for proof of purchase?

yoshi594
26th May 2011, 05:21 PM
Anyone know which card is for week 2? On the web shows it should be prime n bumblebee horizontal splitscreen with a red background but i got prime n bumblebee standing next to each other with a blue background

Sharky
26th May 2011, 06:15 PM
yoshi, thats the "week 6" card and you cant put the code in yet. i got the same care this evening and once again i went back to the same target and the people on the register had no idea about the cards or the promotion.. do retail places have team briefings or tool box meetings and have these explained to them.. i mean there is large promotional material in the catalogues and in the toy isles and them not knowing anything is very unprepared...

reillyd
26th May 2011, 07:05 PM
My store had Week 2 (I saw the packet, labelled Week 2 Card 1) but it was definitely not the week 2 card. I'm guessing you'll have to wait till later to redeem it, and anyone who can score a Week 6 card may find it works for week 2.

Autocon
26th May 2011, 09:43 PM
bb card does not work.:mad:

so i can enter the 25 word question more than once?

also did anyone notice a slight change in wording between the prize packs? Same prize different items

yoshi594
26th May 2011, 10:05 PM
yoshi, thats the "week 6" card and you cant put the code in yet. i got the same care this evening and once again i went back to the same target and the people on the register had no idea about the cards or the promotion.. do retail places have team briefings or tool box meetings and have these explained to them.. i mean there is large promotional material in the catalogues and in the toy isles and them not knowing anything is very unprepared...

I went to a different target later on. I asked if i could see what card they had (before browsed anything in the shop) and the lady at the service counter first showed me the Prime card from week 1. I told her that isn't the correct card for this week and it is expired. I showed her the pic from the screenshot i took from the website on my iphone of the week 2 card.

She got confuzzled and proceeded to open the drawer to unveil more cards. She then showed me the week 6 card again (this time i saw it in the little glad wrap like bag with the tag "week 2 card 1").

Being a great customer service employee she called the person in charge of these cards. The guy was on his lunch break so I browsed what they had. Bought some transformer t-shirts and went back to the lady. She called the guy again, this time he came and told her that no one was picking up the cards and that she was to give me any card that i wanted (limited to 1 of each).

she showed me her whole collection and the only other card I didn't have that she had was...the week 3 card...Starscream! I only took 1 card per item, so i got 2 starscreams and an extra megs.

So the website and the stores are out of synch. I'm guessing that it's more to do with the website being completely crap due to the bumblebee card still not working and being unable to input the code for week 2/3/6.

In summary, target has the following cards as of tonight:

All of week 1
Week 6
Week 3 (if you're lucky)

SkyWarp91
26th May 2011, 10:16 PM
I just got two cards today, though I'm not entering them on my behalf but on my cousin's because he deserves more TFs than I do :)

But I gotta say though, the fact that this website wants your address details is pretty unsafe and there's no warning to kids about having parent supervision around when entering in such sensitive information. What happens if it teaches kids by accident that it's okay to put in an address at any website?

Jaisun
27th May 2011, 12:06 AM
This promotion is so fail, it defies comprehension... HUUUGE TF DotM display as soon as you enter the door, big promotion standee with all the info, and an ARSEnal of staff with NO EFFING IDEA about it! It would take 30 seconds to read the T&C's that are right there in front of them, but noooooooo, we can't have that now, can we...

Another day, another Target visit... I purchased Powerglide, Blackout, and a TF tee for my son, so I put them on 3 separate receipts for the cards. When I went to the service desk to redeem them, I got the SAME lady as two days ago, and she still had no clue, even though I filled her in on my last visit... Seriously... Anyhoo, she gave me only 1 card, which as expected was the week 2/6 stuff up card, so I explained my theory of the week 2/6 miss-labelling just in case something might sink in and they just might let management know. I then asked for the remaining 2 cards as I had 3 receipts, at which she said "that's the only one we have", so I said doubles are fine or if there's any older ones. What does she get me? The SS card for week 3 and the BB card from week 1. Yuhuh, that's not exactly supporting your "only one we have" theory, lady...

This isn't exactly a shelf label saying "bonus mascara with an Estee Lauder purchase over $50", this is "take up the entire front entrance" stuff, you'd think they'd give at least a tiny bit of care...

SkyWarp91
27th May 2011, 12:16 AM
This promotion is so fail, it defies comprehension... HUUUGE TF DotM display as soon as you enter the door, big promotion standee with all the info, and an ARSEnal of staff with NO EFFING IDEA about it! It would take 30 seconds to read the T&C's that are right there in front of them, but noooooooo, we can't have that now, can we...

Another day, another Target visit... I purchased Powerglide, Blackout, and a TF tee for my son, so I put them on 3 separate receipts for the cards. When I went to the service desk to redeem them, I got the SAME lady as two days ago, and she still had no clue, even though I filled her in on my last visit... Seriously... Anyhoo, she gave me only 1 card, which as expected was the week 2/6 stuff up card, so I explained my theory of the week 2/6 miss-labelling just in case something might sink in and they just might let management know. I then asked for the remaining 2 cards as I had 3 receipts, at which she said "that's the only one we have", so I said doubles are fine or if there's any older ones. What does she get me? The SS card for week 3 and the BB card from week 1. Yuhuh, that's not exactly supporting your "only one we have" theory, lady...

This isn't exactly a shelf label saying "bonus mascara with an Estee Lauder purchase over $50", this is "take up the entire front entrance" stuff, you'd think they'd give at least a tiny bit of care...

Which Target was it man? Target TTP was good with me!

Jaisun
27th May 2011, 01:01 AM
Which Target was it man? Target TTP was good with me!

Good to see it's not all of them then, this was the Hollywood Plaza one, but Elizabeth were a bit ordinary on it too the other day. I might try my luck at TTP for the rest of this then, thanks =o)

reillyd
27th May 2011, 08:50 PM
I just scored Week 3 Starscream, and learned that "sometimes cowards..... survive". Yay!

kaiden
27th May 2011, 09:14 PM
so if I purchase 5 legions in one go, will I get 5 cards?

or do I need to purchase 5 legions separately?

depends on the person serving you.

i was a sefton target today and the girl showed me prime, bumblebee and megatron - so i grabbed megatron.

hey griffin, would you be able to update the first post with what cards are for what week? thanks.

SkyWarp91
27th May 2011, 09:46 PM
Good to see it's not all of them then, this was the Hollywood Plaza one, but Elizabeth were a bit ordinary on it too the other day. I might try my luck at TTP for the rest of this then, thanks =o)

Hey Jaisun, did you try TTP yet? How was the service there?

griffin
27th May 2011, 10:47 PM
depends on the person serving you.

i was a sefton target today and the girl showed me prime, bumblebee and megatron - so i grabbed megatron.

hey griffin, would you be able to update the first post with what cards are for what week? thanks.

I'd love to, to archive the information for future usage, but those who are trying to get all of these need to help by posting up which cards and links (of unlocked info) come with each week (or if the cards are actually numbered).

Sharky and Reillyd posted up the four from week one, so if we keep getting people posting up scans and links, I'll colate the info onto the first post.

I'll also need to know what cards unlocked what info that Reillyd posted (if they were from different cards or from the one card).

reillyd
28th May 2011, 11:42 AM
Any week 1 card that is valid (from memory that's bumblebee and either optimus or megatron) unlocks "week 1" content. My guess is that there will be more available each week, once they allow you to unlock say Week 3's card (because no one will be able to get week 2 until later, as its been mismarked and sent to stores labelled week 2). I'm not sure whether it will be archived (so that new cards let you see the content available from previous weeks as well) or just that week's downloads.

SkyWarp91
28th May 2011, 02:19 PM
So have the winners of Week 1 been announced yet? I have capped net atm and it takes AGES to get onto the site.

Autocon
29th May 2011, 03:43 AM
I went to a different target later on. I asked if i could see what card they had (before browsed anything in the shop) and the lady at the service counter first showed me the Prime card from week 1. I told her that isn't the correct card for this week and it is expired. I showed her the pic from the screenshot i took from the website on my iphone of the week 2 card.

She got confuzzled and proceeded to open the drawer to unveil more cards. She then showed me the week 6 card again (this time i saw it in the little glad wrap like bag with the tag "week 2 card 1").

Being a great customer service employee she called the person in charge of these cards. The guy was on his lunch break so I browsed what they had. Bought some transformer t-shirts and went back to the lady. She called the guy again, this time he came and told her that no one was picking up the cards and that she was to give me any card that i wanted (limited to 1 of each).

she showed me her whole collection and the only other card I didn't have that she had was...the week 3 card...Starscream! I only took 1 card per item, so i got 2 starscreams and an extra megs.

So the website and the stores are out of synch. I'm guessing that it's more to do with the website being completely crap due to the bumblebee card still not working and being unable to input the code for week 2/3/6.

In summary, target has the following cards as of tonight:

All of week 1
Week 6
Week 3 (if you're lucky)

which target?

yoshi594
29th May 2011, 05:26 PM
Stirling

Autocon
1st June 2011, 07:36 PM
so all cards are now revealed. and week 2 content is not up. has target fked this up? whats going on with it:confused:

yoshi594
1st June 2011, 08:21 PM
so all cards are now revealed. and week 2 content is not up. has target fked this up? whats going on with it:confused:

it's their cover up. I guess the weekly competition is now a free for all. Codes coming in from left, right and center. The week of the cards probably doesn't matter now (they also removed the text which stated which cards are for which week).

Will check target tomorrow if they have the rest of the cards.

SkyWarp91
1st June 2011, 08:26 PM
Have Week 1 winners been announced yet? My net is still capped and the site doesn't load properly...

reillyd
2nd June 2011, 05:52 PM
I still haven't been able to activate any cards after week 2.
You can click to unlock, but the code comes up as invalid.
I just got Shockwave, and its one of the best cards yet for
the lenticular animation, but no joy unlocking bonus content

Autocon
4th June 2011, 01:17 AM
!! shockwave!! dam i hate this:mad:
they only had 2 starscreams left at stirling/innaloo
im concerned by the stock level of the cards from starscream and after, they should have more? maybe stirling was an early release of ss annd they are getting more

Jaisun
4th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Well, on a random hunch today, I visited Golden Grove Target (technically a Baby Target, with a tiny toy section), and I asked if I could exchange my 2x week 1 doubles for 2x newer cards. Instead of getting my humble request, I ended up with the set of 12 handed to me with a hint of enthusiasm as the two girls scurried through the draw excitedly in search of the different cards for me. No one has been buying TF stuff from there, so it was a bit of a novelty to them. Yay, helps me with my disappointment of missing out on Classics Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp MISB for $40 at the toy fair today (damn you BigPenny =oP)

SkyWarp91
4th June 2011, 05:04 PM
Well, on a random hunch today, I visited Golden Grove Target (technically a Baby Target, with a tiny toy section), and I asked if I could exchange my 2x week 1 doubles for 2x newer cards. Instead of getting my humble request, I ended up with the set of 12 handed to me with a hint of enthusiasm as the two girls scurried through the draw excitedly in search of the different cards for me. No one has been buying TF stuff from there, so it was a bit of a novelty to them. Yay, helps me with my disappointment of missing out on Classics Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp MISB for $40 at the toy fair today (damn you BigPenny =oP)

Classics Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp MISB for $40

Classics Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp MISB for $40

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

Hursticon
4th June 2011, 06:15 PM
Yay, helps me with my disappointment of missing out on Classics Ultra Magnus Vs. Skywarp MISB for $40 at the toy fair today (damn you BigPenny =oP)

Sorry to add salt to the wounds Skywarp, but by memory that is bang-on near the original retail price - Nicely done BigPenny! :eek:

bassbot
4th June 2011, 09:36 PM
got the Vault book today and the shockwave card. Hope to go back and find a more generous check out person, but either way - a great book and an entry in the comp is fun!

yoshi594
4th June 2011, 10:45 PM
hmmm lakeside didnt' have shockwave :(. Anyone in perth get the shockwave card?

Sharky
4th June 2011, 11:52 PM
i got a stascream card today, the guy behind the counter knew of the different week cards and had all instock and pulled out the week 3 card

which means now i need to find week 2

Autocon
11th June 2011, 02:41 AM
which card is this week?

Autocon
11th June 2011, 02:44 AM
hmmm lakeside didnt' have shockwave :(. Anyone in perth get the shockwave card?

morley and midland didn't last I checked.

griffin
11th June 2011, 10:10 AM
Is anyone still unlocking info? If so, can you please post the links.

bassbot
11th June 2011, 05:13 PM
i've only unlocked week 1 (twice...)

Paul Agnew
12th June 2011, 09:32 AM
Target Penrith still only has the first 4 cards, and it seems they're not going anywhere fast anytime soon. :(

Sharky
12th June 2011, 10:52 PM

it is hard enough trying to get the right week cards of the local people or finding someone that knows what they are talking about...

"week 2" card was incorrectly marked and is the week 6 card unlocks but it is the same content

Starscream also unlocks the same week one stuff

i wonder what is happening with the weekly prize draws

yoshi594
12th June 2011, 11:28 PM
it is hard enough trying to get the right week cards of the local people or finding someone that knows what they are talking about...

"week 2" card was incorrectly marked and is the week 6 card unlocks but it is the same content

Starscream also unlocks the same week one stuff

i wonder what is happening with the weekly prize draws

Target has screwed this up big time. My desire to collect the set has significantly plummeted.

You guys read the terms and conditions?

There's one sentence that says:

The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.

I'm betting the weekly prizes are going to be canned (as the cards no longer have a week tied to them on the webby and all the secret cards have been revealed too early).

griffin
12th June 2011, 11:56 PM
You guys read the terms and conditions?

There's one sentence that says:

The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.

That's a standard disclaimer on any competition... it just covers anything unexpected, and prevents anyone winning something who abuses/cheats the system.

Jaisun
13th June 2011, 12:16 AM

I have all 12 cards, and they unlock the exact same stuff =o( Dunno if this was their original intention, or they planned more but got lazy when it all went wrong with the week mix up.

griffin
13th June 2011, 10:03 AM
I have all 12 cards, and they unlock the exact same stuff =o( Dunno if this was their original intention, or they planned more but got lazy when it all went wrong with the week mix up.

That's disappointing. The first four reveals were great, so I was really hoping that the others were just as interesting and creative.

Autocon
14th June 2011, 01:56 AM
:mad: they changed the prizes aswell. From a complete collection of mech tech to one of each line in the major prize draw.

how do we complain?:p

griffin
16th June 2011, 07:07 PM
The Target at Browns Plains only had cards 1-4, 10 (going by the 12 in order on the website), and they had like 30-40 of each. Which was strange that they only had 5 of the 12 cards, but so many of each all loose in a metal tin.
And no one there knew anything about the promotion (like, which card to give, how many to give out, or what the promotion was for).

Maybe different Target stores got different cards... or this store had lost 7 of them (which are most of the later week cards, making the majority of their cards useless now)

One thing I found unusual though, is that all the cards of the one style had the same 6-digit code on the back. And I could keep unlocking any of the codes, repeatedly... Since there doesn't appear to be a one-entry-per-person limit, it might be possible to pad out the weekly draws with entries to improve your chance at winning. (the grand prize is still up to your creative answer though)

So it looks like the site is open to any week's card & code, but they are still doing weekly prize drawings... so re-enter every week (even if you've already used your card/code already in a previous week).

The site still only has the same five unlockable items:
Movie Trivia
Rosie Profile
Wallpaper week 1 (suggests they were planning to have more unlockable stuff?)
Official Trailer
Product booklet

griffin
24th July 2011, 12:42 AM
After the competition ended, the stores were sending their remaining cards to Hasbro.
The last couple weeks I have tried getting Hasbro to send us the left over Collector Cards (to give out to fans instead of being trashed), but it looks like I was unsuccessful.
One person said that a 'higher up' said no, and I haven't had any luck with anyone else to change that.
They were really nicely done cards (not some elcheapo thing) so it would be a real waste if they did end up getting thrown away.
It was just so stupid that Target stores appeared to only be sent 4-5 of the 12 different cards - which screws over people who only have one Target near them.

Any interest in setting up a trading thread for their spares? I am missing about 4 cards, but have about 10 spares.

Sharky
24th July 2011, 09:16 AM
Any interest in setting up a trading thread for their spares? I am missing about 4 cards, but have about 10 spares.

i have a few spares too although i completed my set i will still trade them away

reillyd
24th July 2011, 04:23 PM
I am desperate to complete my set, and so bummed they weren't available during their toy sale. I mean, how stupid is that?

As the cards were not released in order, it makes it really hard to know which, if any, cards I am missing, and to trade them. Grrr.....

1AZRAEL1
24th July 2011, 04:26 PM
Sadly I wasn't even able to get any because of lack of funds to buy anything. I am keen to get a complete set if someone was nice enough to have a spare set that I can buy off them :)

It is really sad that Target's only received some of the cards, really poor decision to do that.

griffin
24th July 2011, 11:34 PM
I've moved a couple posts to a Trade & Wants topic for these cards, which can be found here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11645).